What is wrong with the education system

I graduated from high school back in 06 and all I can remember from it was boringly waiting for school to end. Half of everything that I was taught has been forgotten

What's wrong with it? Is it the lack of teachers or good teachers? Is it the lack of funding? Is it the education system itself?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C8HY-6F4Y_I
youtube.com/watch?v=ILQepXUhJ98
nytimes.com/2010/01/31/education/31princeton.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lack of bullying probably. Bullying in American schools is wayyy less compared to Europe especially Eastern Europe.

There's nothing wrong aside from it probably being too easy, but that won't change. The problem is Americans.

t. teacher

School is too hard now a days. That's an issue now a days as well. I'm a teacher

seems like instead of rewarding the people who are smarter or over achieve they intentionally wear them down to the level of black students. remember all the no child left behind shit?

>flag
Don't you have some Arab dick to suck?

It's not an issue with the education system, per se, it's an issue with the way that the human mind retains information. The fact that you're able to read this and have written your own message shows that it's more effective than we directly realize, but less effective than we'd ideally like to see. I bet you can also do math.

>bullying in germany
muh hateful comments

schools used to be segregated, now they look like prisons

The only legitimate reason to go to High School is so that you can date the girls. The education in them is shit tier.

>segregated school
>brown hair and blond hair together
Hmmm...

I was an exchange student in France, I remember it was absolute savagry although it was always brushed off as boys will be boys. This was the early 90s so maybe it changed but kids beat eachother to pulps, punched eachother in the halls, groups would chase individual kids afterschool until the woods and beat them. One time a group of about 4 kids who used to hang out at this place in the woods was confronted by a group of tougher kids, 2 of them were beaten so bad they needed medical assistance while the other two ran off. Nothing ever happened to them.

What? I was celibate and MGTOW in high-school, that's obviously not true. You need to go to high-school to get a diploma, and the education is only shit if you don't pay attention which you didn't/

Is it because they're indoctrination centers?

Oh. Well, it's very different in here.
Imagine bullies getting bullied into submission while "hate speech" is being condemned and shunned.

I know it's a movie but have you ever seen "Morris of Ameirca"? About a black kid who goes to Germany to start a rap career? Anyway the school has a bunch of anti-bullying stuff but he still gets beat up by this chad and his buddies a few times. That's what it was like. The school condemmed it but it still happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=C8HY-6F4Y_I

I know it's a movie but to me it's a prefect example of what i saw in real life except without the black kid.

Fuck american public schools, if i knew then how shit it was i would have gotten my ged at 16, dropped out and gone to community college for a two year and joined the army.

Only class i learned anything useful in was physics.

>Half of everything that I was taught has been forgotten

Thats expected because nothing is interesting enough to remember or considered important enough to be drilled into you, it's also not hard at all. If you just show up for the class lecture, casually glance at the homework you're copying and at test time pick the multiple choice question and that sounds like the right answer in most classes you'll get an A.

I graduated in '03. I remember a lot of my teachers didn't even speak fucking English.

The thing that blows my mind is how in the fuck do you not teach kids economics and law? Those are the two things Americans will encounter more than anything else in their lives. Yet Americans are completely retarded when dealing with the police and understanding their rights. And most Americans have no idea why a piece of paper buys a happy meal.

>dropped out
>gone to community college
You need a diploma for college

>and joined the army.
Why on earth would you do that?

Schools are federally mandated to dumb down the curriculum for niggers. That's why rich people send their kids to private college prep schools.

My school was really bad and I still got to take an American government & world economics class.

Made german Abitur in 05....took me like forever and boy this was just wasted time. I couldnt go to university without this shit but honestly 3/4 of the stuff i had to learn was like useless garbage and the people + teachers were a constant pain

Except it's not dumbed down. I went to both private and public schools. I found private school EASIER than public school to be honest. This whole "American education is dummm" is a meme. My grandfather in told me in high-school he learned the exact same things that i did in highschool

American schools MANDATE you take law and economics, you are dense.

Think Carlin knocked the nail on the head here...

youtube.com/watch?v=ILQepXUhJ98

Except he didn't. Schools are just as hard as they were 100 years ago.

no economics or law at my high school

just beat the kids who say shit to u in school wtf.

Schools lower their standards because they want everybody to pass which means people who don't give a fuck and people who are literally retarded get free rides.

That's a meme, school standards are higher than ever.

It's because they don't want to hurt dumb kids feelings by putting them in separate classes so the whole class gets dragged down.

MEME, again classes are divided into Academic, Applied, and Special Ed, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Bullshit. There are more students than ever and you can't ensure they are all educated to a high standard such as a classroom of 20 kids a hundred years ago who can speak and write english eloquently.

>you need a diploma for college

you can start community college when you're 15 you retard

How are you even surviving?

Aside from teasing, most of my high school class was celibate as fuck. And no, your only reason to go through it is to get a diploma so you can go to higher education or go and get work. It's supposed to teach basic skills, but it's failed because it tried to expand beyond that.

No.

I dropped out of highschool too.

Got a GED.

Went to a CC.

Then went to a very well ranked university.

Graduated with a hard STEM degree.

Highschool is a waste of time.

Yep. Can see those critical thinking skills are working as hard as ever...

why is it so difficult for people to grasp the concept of what school really is: a giant daycare with the intention to keep the working class free 8+ hours a day to work. whether you learn anything or not is completely besides the point.

My grandfather got into Ivy League in the 1950s with a 78 average. Today you need 98% minimum

You're dumb

By eating, sleeping, and taking care of my basic needs

Yeah sure, maybe education is failing considering stupid people like you with no critical thinking skills are running around

Why get a GED, why not stay in high-school like a true American?

I hung out with some bad hombres and had too much fun, failed some classes despite being a high achiever at every level before.

I was young and dumb and hormonal.

I sorted myself out.

Probably because the teachers can't discipline the kids anymore.
I always hated my HS while I was in college (I'm 26 now) but now that I'm older I started to realize that it wasn't the school I hated (It was an all-boys catholic HS so it was pretty dumb) but the teachers were actually really cool and helpful. It finally hit me that all the cause of my despair was the majority of my fellow classmates being pieces of shit.
I felt that most of them got away with murder. The school barely got after them and even now 7 years later when I look on FB, some of these guys never grew up.

This.

>By eating, sleeping, and taking care of my basic needs
No, I mean how are you surviving being a babysitter for 20+ people? I don't see myself managing that.

>you're dumb

I started community college when I was 15, you retard.

Are you me? Pretty much in the same position. Most of the guys I still know from high school still act like they're in their mid-late teens and have dropped from one dead-end to another, many being uni/college dropouts.

We dumbed down school so niggers could pass.

They are high-schoolers, they could go home if they wanted, they don't need a babysitter. I'm teaching them skills they'll need in modern society if they want to become upper-middle to upper class people

I wish i was at an all boys school. Having all your friends go after girls while you are just there, it's bad.

i dont know man i went to trade school.

If high-school was so fun why drop out?

Yeah, community college, you didn't go to Yale or something like that.

Why are you comparing general public education to the very elite universities? If you want everybody to pass you lower the standard. If you want the best of the best you raise the bar.

No we didn't. School info is way more complicated than it ever was. The curriculum is more advanced than ever before. What I'm teaching right now is stuff i didn't learn until first year at MIT

School is designed for adults to learn reading and writing in the 1800s

Then when they learned to read and write they just sorta decided it was good enough to put all the kids in there and teach them anything else too, even though the system wasn't made for that and teaching kids that way is horribly inefficient.

Learning anything in school is more coincidence of you being in the same general location as things you can study while bored than an intended effect

The bar is raised way higher now. Now a days you can't pass high-school if you don't show up to class or fool around.

Because I was too ashamed to be repeating classes the next year with younger cohort.

High school itself wasn't fun, everything outside of it was fun.

I'm not saying it was a smart decision, but dropping out really doesn't hinder you if you're willing to grab the ol' bootstraps.

People will say unions, I'm not so sure about that.

One unruly/antagonistic student will drag down ten others with them. Teacher's can't discipline students effectively because administrators don't back them up. Administrators don't back them up because parents bitch when the teacher suggest their kid was doing anything wrong.

Lack of personal responsibility and self-discipline is the problem along with helicopter parents.

I have mixed feelings about the single sex method. For the classroom/ learning environment, it was fine but I wish he had WAAAY more interaction with the all girls school that was our sister school. The fact that I barely had female friends and I did engineering as my college undergrad really stunted my interaction with the ladies.

Our lives are total opposites. I loved high-school but HATED anything outside high-school because there was nothing to do. I found high-school great but everything outside it was boring.

I went to a school that had about a female to male ratio of about 4:3. I never once had a female friend or anything like that. I hated having that since everyone was with their girlfriend so i just sat in the bathroom at lunch.

Yet here we are, at the same place, the same time, the same thread, shitposting.

There's a lot of things wrong with modern schools. Start with this question

>what's the purpose of schooling?

By getting a high school degree you merely prove that you're not an idiot. High school is not meant to learn you anything useful otherwise.

Did you go to Public school tho? I know a lot of people who went to public are are REAL fuckups. But what pisses me off tho is that my HS held us at a HIGH standard, we had to take tests and interviews to get in. Not to mention it costed money.

They cater to the lowest common denominator for "muh inclusivity" instead of forcing out those that are not intelligent enough or don't willing to work hard enough into trades or just toss them on their asses. They're dragging down the bright, true students.

>it costed money
But how muched was it costed?

Even though you learn stuff that gets repeated in even the highest university. I'm a HS teacher and am teaching stuff I learned first year Princeton.

No it doesn't. Schools divide students into three castes and anything above the lowest caste is very complicated.

For me it was that most of my school was celibate as fuck. Sex was still a taboo as I was in a rural small-town, nobody really had sex and they only really stayed with their girlfriends, most of which they got after graduating or during the last two years of high school.

That's the same reason schools pass students through instead of flunking them or holding them back a grade.

In short the top 15% or so of a school, gradewise, is fine and could do self-directed coursework because they're mentally mature and usually have excellent self-discipline.

For the remainder school is little more than a babysitting service.

Maybe have alternative learning systems in place. Trade schools where dumb kids can get a minimum legal amount of bookwork (learn to read/write and do basic math) but can hone their skills in a productive way to society (like carpentry, shop, agriculture, etc.)

For the dumb assholes who want to cause problems, some kind of rehabilitative juvie like a camp where they can learn self-discipline through work programs, I don't know, they're probably fucked forever but keep them off the street.

I went to public, so it didn't cost any money, but I saw guys who were praised as kings and queens of the class, the top students, become pretty much manchildren who never even managed to get a bachelor's at college.

That sounds awesome. I wish my school was like that.

Like $9k-$10k a year.

How did you feel about the grade inflation?

Do you want female friends or a girlfriend? Making friends with girls is a great way to ensure they won't become your gf. Very common mistaken betas make.

Personally sex-separated schools sound awesome to me. Gets rid of all the stupid hormonal tension

It was 'okay', while there were fuckups there's quite a lot of others that made it. The downside is most of us are really inexperienced when it comes to sex, even if social skills aren't a problem.

There's no such thing as grade inflation. In fact standards have been constantly rising since ever due to globalization and 140IQ Chinese coming in.

I'm 25 and never had sex. I don't see the problem.

This issue with a lot of modern education, especially in the west, is they do not teach how to live and breathe in society like a normal person.
They don't teach people how to behave properly.
They don't teach absolutely basic survival skills beyond cooking some shit cakes.
But most importantly, they don't teach you to THINK, just absorb.
Despite what some dumb cunts have been trying to spread recently in regards to brain training you can learn intelligence. Specifically fluid.
Brain training, however, is mostly shit. It OPTIMIZES not improves. It doesn't stretch those brain muscles much at all.

We've brought up generations of literal retards in the past few decades. 50 year old children.
This is why they are usually in loads of debt, take drugs, spit out children, aren't in committed relationships and are in awful health.
Their children are usually worse off because of said shitty health, because they then give their kids the same shit food they've ate all their life, perpetuating their illnesses on to them.
The current youngest generations right now, I legit feel sorry for those poor fucks. They are going to be drowned in chronic illness by their 20s, if not 30s. Society is going to grind to a halt when large numbers of that generation are taken permanently out of the work force.

Equally, a huge issue which comes about naturally, the level of education varies WILDLY across the same TOWN, never mind countries.
Fucking, schools on the same street even.
This isn't an easy one to solve.
Shit teachers can make even naturally intelligent people dumber and suck out any enjoyment of learning.
I've has the misfortune to have some shit teachers like that for a few classes at school.
Namely art and physics. Holy fuck they were awful.

I went to school in San Diego lol. As a catholic school, they tried to teach us to wait till marriage but there was a good amount of slutiness with the popular people and then some.

stop blaming something else for your shortcomings, you sound like a nigger. the reason you dont remember it is because you dont think its important.

Ok now I know you're larping.

its run by democrats.

most of the money just disappears because they're giving some incompetent nigger a huge salary.

they also make deals with jews to provide overpriced materials, books, food.

I know you're trolling, but im saying if you ever mentioned "grade inflation" to an ivy league administrator you'd be expelled from campus and possibly sued for slander.

It's U.N. curriculum which is meant to dumb people down. Read The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America. It's a comprehensive view of how education has changed and the motives behind it based on quotes by the engineers of the education system.

OP raises valid points

Then why are students taught stuff only the academic elite knew 100 years ago?

> Half of everything that I was taught has been forgotten

It's normal. You pick up shit that you will be interested and keep digging that. The rest will fall off by itself.

>School is too hard now a days.

It's not hard, it's just retardedly taught, as if to make sure that peasants will be disgusted by education and will keep themselves dumb.

THIS

100% true back in my hometown of SD with the Public schools.

Absolutely none of that here, while there was teasing, there was nothing to do with sex or any relationships inbetween the class.

Except they do talk about it, and Princeton tried to deflate their inflated grades for short period until there was backlash.

Not biting

You live in a culture with universal education, so you don't understand what it's like to deal with people with no education.

>other countries have it worse so lets not improve our own education

Allow me to feed you

>nytimes.com/2010/01/31/education/31princeton.html

I'm not just picking on the Ivy's either, it's most universities.

hard to retain information you're not interested in. a lot of it isn't used in the real world so there's also no reason to remember it.

What i hated the most about school was the homework system

High school had a ton of them every day, and i didn't have the time for myself. On top of that, they count by a huge percent if you want to graduate. Didn't help i had to do other shit after class

its only because you arent doing shit 90% of the time during school.

they should extend the hours a bit and make you do all the work during class.

Well at that age there is really nothing else to do. It's not like you work full time

Dumb idea. Why not have them do it at home when they're bored?

It's pretty normal to forget things you've learned if through your life you have no use for that information.

However the fact that you used to know something makes it a lot easier to pick it up again if you wanted to. That mostly applies to concept-based things (like mathematics, science, etc.) and not just memorizing facts like with history.

It all is useful

It's the system, instead of making you learn properly, with the long-term objective of being succesful, it's a rigid, inflexible system focused on a short-term objective, doing well in school instead of using school to do well in the world.

Also propaganda.