Is Doga Kobo the new KyoAni?

Is Doga Kobo the new KyoAni?

Can't tell if bait thread or not.

I'm more likely to give a show a chance than I normally would if Dogakobo is the studio, how about that.

No they don't use enough filters.

New Game! seems as shallow as Phantom World so maybe.

But honestly that first episode was pretty bad, I hope it has more than just cute girls pretending to program. How hard is it to copy YuruYuri S1&2?

As they are good as KyoAni was in its prime? Not really. So no they're not the new "it" studio unless they objectively out-KyoAni KyoAni. The thing is much of KyoAni's output in recent years besides Hibike (even that's questionable) hasn't been so great; they're so lopsided now in their portfolio with respect to time it's getting impossible to ignore.

Is Doga one of the absolute best studios in the industry right now? Definitely.

Fuck off faggot no one cares about your blogging this is a shitposting thread.

I was thinking the same thing while I was watching this episode but I don't know why. Is it because they seem to have developed their own artstyle and have consistently well animated mundane shows? we'll never know.

>le ebin nerds xD
That's not even close to what is it you fucking faggot. She can't even perform the basic tasks of her job yet.

>I hope it has more than just cute girls pretending to program

But K-On had cute girls pretending to play musical instruments and it was good.

Their overall performance for the past four years is better than KyoAni's, that's for sure.

the point is, phantom world wanted to add a pretentious layer to their comedy, and failed due to being shallow. they did their best recent comedies with amagi and nichijou.

New game does what it claims - being a fun SoL about work life. What's not to like?

This comes from a KyoAni-Fag. Their adaptions are always hit and miss, but at least the visuals are consistantly stunning.

This.
Dogakobo doesn't need shitty post-processing to make their animation look good

>Is Doga Kobo the new KyoAni?
Both have been in my top three studios for quite a long time now along with Silver Link, so I don't see why not.

ぞい子ちゃんを抱きたい!

私も

There's more life to their characters too, IMO
Just through the movement and facial expressions.

I don't remember Phantom being pretentious at all.

Doga Kobo has nothing to do with Kyo Ani.

They are great though.

Dat YRYRS1&2

I would say so.

He probably just saw the thread about Schrodinger's Cat and thinks the whole show is just that.

>just cute girls pretending to program

Picked up.

>shota shittery in 2 of their recent series
>not doing YrYr 3
>now old hags
Nah, they are horrible and you should fucking choke on their normalfag shit.

Actually is about cute girl pretending to make videogames.

Does Dogakobo film anime? I thought not.

Dogakobo has a track record for moe SoL, that's about it.

>Implying the first thing you meme arrowed is bad

Fujoshi fuck off.

What was it about YrYr s3 that pissed off Sup Forums? I wasn't around while it was airing so I don't know the complaints. As a manga purist I thought the new studio did fine.

Aside from the gray scale, the thin and tall character design and the choppy animation?
There still were a few things.

They still can't make Kirarashit appealing like KyoAni. Or maybe New Game and Sansha Sanyou just suck

>old hags ever appealing
>shota shit ever good

I didn't mind the new designs because they were closer to the manga, Yui's mullet always bothered me. I can see why the animation bothered people in retrospect, I think I was just happy to get a s3.

No, they looked years older and more mature than both in previous seasons or the manga.

>Dogakobo
>good

Are we forgetting this pile of trash 2 seasons ago?

>fanservice of the fucking big girls
>nothing of the flat ones
Their shit performance there sealed the deal.

Lacks energy, completely bland. Lots of differences from the manga, it's not even episodic.

The designs were closer to the current look, but that was because they used to be so round and blobby. The animation was bad and often made them look lanky, older, and uncute.

Yurifags fuck off to your containment board

Not until they do 60fps perfect flowing hair motion.

I'm taking the bait

Fuck you, OP

Not until they adapt a manga, that results in them creating an anime that is absolutely nothing like any show they've done before (and would go on to create after), that is is their greatest show, and has far more sakuga than any other show.

Nobody talked about being yurifag or not, homo sexual pedophile.

Aoba wasn't tired from eating snacks all day, she was tired from carrying the show.

She was tired because she's a rheumatic old hag.

Dogakobo is good for their animation, but they don't really have that much else going for them.

Kirara in general only has a few good series, most of generic cgdgt series Sup Forums meme about definitely aren't the ones

Still waiting warmly for a Hitsugi Katsugi no Kuro adaptation

Whoever made love lab and That hamster gamer gurl are

They animate their shows so well

This. Kyoani sameface may be a meme by now, but it's not that far from the truth. Their characters look and move as if they're all lifeless dolls being animated by ghosts who are attempting to mimic humans, and getting it almost, but not exactly, right.

Which is _objectively the best genre, so that places them near the top already.

In that they've done a single good show and everything after that was shit? Yes.

I saw the whole thing, and the first minutes of every episode was basically masturbation only mildly relevant to the actual plot, if at all.

I like Dogakobo but they are definitely no Kyoani

>explaining illusions and a nerd being a nerd reciting old tales is now considered pretentious

Then I don't know what pretentious actually means, sorry, i'm not native.

For me it's useless lorebabble fluffing out the barely-existant "story" which is episodic in nature anyways so none of it matters much.

>What was it about YrYr s3 that pissed off Sup Forums?
Washed out colour palette. Zombie-like animation. Low energy in every aspect. Hyper-distorted expressions were half-assed. Mid-episode cutscenes replaced with dull still images. Direction was generally sloppy.

I didn't realise how much I liked Doga Kobo as a studio until I realised how much of what made YRYR good was down to their design choices.

S3 wasn't terrible though. It's just that it was more like a 5-6/10 whereas seasons 1 and 2 were more like an 8-9/10

The only failed series they made as Plastic Memories and 11eyes.

Other than that, most of their works are pretty average to above average with some being exceptionally good.

Compare this to KyoAni? I say they stand toe to toe with them.

>phantom world wanted to add a pretentious layer to their comedy, and failed due to being shallow

No, that's not it. Phantom world failed because it had literally no sense of tension or consequence and everything was unfailingly resolved via deus-ex machina.

It was always a shallow action/harem/comedy thing, but it didn't just fail at being funny. That's giving it too much credit when it had other ways in which it also failed.

>New game does what it claims - being a fun SoL about work life. What's not to like?

It's not fun.

You're right, Dogakobo is capable of producing anime that's actually interesting.

>plastic memories
>interesting
Thanks for letting us know about your shit taste.

Why are you misquoting me?

not programming. 3D asset creation. fuck

I'd be more accepting towards Dogakobo, at least their fanbase aren't lousy.

Wew

Do they need exclusive LN money like kyoani to do that or what.

No.
I like Dogakobo, they make some quality stuff.
But absolutely dislike anything not-FMP by kyoani.

Any real show about cute girls actually making videogames?

So if these trends continue for the next year or two?

Kyoani is the greatest studio that ever existed

They just have good animators.

>not Disney

>not Shaft

lol FMPfags

The only good part of Disney is Pixar desu

>KyoAni has shown legit sakuga in their works
>people are saying they use filters

?????

With the input Pixar is giving these past 6 years versus Disney's recent input? (save for Frozen, FUCK THAT), I doubt it. Though Pixar has knocked it out of the park with Inside Out and Finding Dory. But god, fuck that we're getting a Cars 3.

Their animation and direction still haven't captured and framed the nuances of human atmosphere that makes the atmosphere of scenes great, so no.

I don't think they use color as well as KyoAni does, and they are pretty hit-and-miss for overall aesthetic. I do like the overall colors and art direction from the first episode of New Game!, however. I enjoyed Sansha Sanshou, and the animation was quite nice, but the overall colors and tone didn't really stand out. Wasn't Plastic Memories also by them? I dropped the series, so I can't say too much about the overall animation, but the colors were also kind of middle-of-the-road.

>nuances of human movement that makes the atmosphere

Well fuck me.

Pixar is shit. Modern Disney is shit. Disney was only worthwhile during their early days.

Top-tier for SoL, meh/shit tier for everything else

Pretty sure people are referring to things like lens flare and such. It's pretty apparent in Hibike Euphonium, but I personally liked it and didn't find it detracting.

Now THIS had bad usage of filters. I also find that stuff like K also used filters in a way that was tacky, whereas KyoAni does it much better.

>kyoanushitters think they don't use filters

I just want to hibernate until Zaregoto and the rest of Owari comes out. There's literally nothing else I really look forward to.

>tfw moeshit will never die

This

Isn't Majestic Prince by them also?

>>tfw moeshit will never die

If dogakobo would frame their sakuga scenes more properly then they'd be on par with kyoani.

>tfw moeshit will never die

As long as those moeshit are shows like the hamster girl anime, keep 'em coming.

>some being exceptionally good
Only if you're really into the particular brand of SoL they're selling at the moment.

Their only show that got somewhat close to being good was Nozaki-kun, but I didn't even like that very much since the gags soon became trite and predictable. Only kept watching for Seo.

>>tfw moeshit will never die

Dogakobo's peak was yuruyuri just because it had the beat staff it ever had. That quality carried over to love lab and after that they lost that level of production quality. I heard that staff disbanded and moved on.

>best staff

Fucking hell.

It is just another moeblob

Holy shit, that's some nobody cares taste you got there.

All of Dogakobo's sakuga scenes is done by one guy.

Not the same user but SL is based.

Not true at all.