On episode 5, when does it get good?

On episode 5, when does it get good?

When you read the visual novel.

it has always been good

on ep VN

It has never been good.

On a serious note, on episode 12.

You may get a glimpse of it getting better around episode 9. But it shows its true face at ep 12.

The time leap shenanigans start on episode 11, and that's where things really kick off. It's a slow build up to that stuff before though. The build up is needed though so that the shenanigans have the weight for you to care what happens.

I loved S;G read the VN recently and thought I wasted my time, the anime does a pretty good job at adopting the story not much you miss out on by not playing it.

Only the ending of certain routes most of which ended quite quickly.

If you're a good and educated viewer,
you're supposed to realise the superiority and greatness of this show directly on the first episode.

(though it's even truer on a rewatch)

episode 1

Yeah like the others said, around episode 11ish shit goes fucking insane

it has a high point around the last 3 eps
show is garbage though

Do you like vns in general user?
I'M debating if I want to go for the anime or vn
I like vns but most of the ones I enjoy are on the shorter side

I felt it was needed, like the first time he time leaped, he redid the day exactly thinking it was a dream. And watching Mayuri die every single time compared to just a slideshow in the anime. I think all of that helped inculcate that despair that Okabe felt.

The end of Episode 12

Episode 9

Time travel can fuck your shit up.

From 12, but you'll come to appreciate the first half once you're done.

It was good from the start.

That messed me up a bit too. Suzuha was my favorite girl after all.

It's the most overrated anime I have ever seen, and I've watched over 10 shows!

It picks up in the middle, like others have said, but it never becomes fantastic.

soon

>he didn't do it.
And he has the gall to call himself a mad scientist.

And how many cocks you sucked?

this desu senpai

Waiting for 0.

>getting better around episode 9

You better be fucking joking. That's around when the random fucking "what-if" episodes happen like "What if the trap wasn't a trap?" or "What if the nekomimi meido didn't kill her father?"

Those were awful episodes. The whole schtick of reversing the D-mail messages being sent was just as bad.

All I'll say about this show is it was better than Chaos;Head, though not by much.

that ending was really creepy; Okabe's mind was corrupted by the posibilities of that option (live in that closed loop, to prevent Suzuha's departure). another creepy moment was Nae's real identity after she stabbed Moeka D:

The lack of news is disturbing.

Suzuha ending was so bittersweet. I mean, it so fucking open and full of HOPE but I can shake the feeling that it would have ended horribly if Okabe chose this ending.

m8 I was the same. it never got good for me. its a poorly thought out omgim14andthisisdeep time travel anime.

honestly its garbage that is outdone by even the simplest sci-fi entertainment.

Never.

Episode 9 is when shit starts to hit the fan

VN and associated materials are god tier.
The anime is a pretty good adaption and the movie even adds some neat commentary on the themes. I feel like even if the animated content isn't quite at the same level, it is worth seeing for entertainment value.

It's good from the first episode to the last by the way.

Hang in there, anons

>people actually expected a serious sci-fi story
>from an entry in a science adventure series
>that has a MAD SCIENTIST as the main character
I feel like the biggest people for reason to dislike S;G is projecting their own expectations onto it rather than looking at all the things that tell you exactly what it is going to be.

To be fair, the show completely shoots itself in the foot. The first time we see Kurisu she fucking lays into Okabe and belittles him and anything he has to say.

The next time we see Kurisu she's at Okabe's lab for no fucking reason. When the show can't even pretend to have characters make decisions that make any sense that's not something you can pin on the viewer.

Can anyone tell me what the point of the 25th episode is about? I know it's an OVA but whats the purpose?

when this happens

>Ova
>purpose

Episode 12, the previous episodes took me weeks to watch, the next 12 took me a few days

I actually enjoyed it since the first episode, I got hooked on characters. It's a great anime, people that say its bad are elitists or nitpickers

>On episode 5, when does it get good?
go back to naruto you fag. It was amazing from ep 1.

It has been good since episode 1

I love this anime but calling people names for having different opinions than you is just as immature and elitist.

I'm just about to watch the first episode, How's the ride? i'll post my thoughts on the first episode soon.

>reddit the animation
>when does it get good?

heh

>"look ma I called this thing reddit so it's objectively shit"

>not much you miss out on by not playing it.

Except for greater depth in character interaction, stronger internal monologue with Okabe, and the various things VNs are better suited to portraying than anime. The anime also butchers chapter 9. but if you feel like reading the VN was a waste of time to you then I guess there's nothing I can say.

Just try both. The anime and the VN both have their strengths and weaknesses, but if you like the characters and like the story then you will thoroughly enjoy both.

>>>/reddit/

>When the show can't even pretend to have characters make decisions that make any sense

all time travel shows are shit. Time travel is magic. Its a disguised deus ex machina you can use to write yourself out of ridiculous convoluted plots.

It was produced for fun. There is no purpose to it other than seeing some more character interactions in a hypothetical scenario. I think the intention was a "what if" happy ending on the S;G world line.

Why do people keep pretending that the buildup is boring? It's interesting if you have a decent attention span

>Time travel is magic.

I will agree with you, but the reason is because most shows that use time travel as a mechanic fail to build rules for it or do and then break them later in the show. Chiyomaru and the SciAdv series are a bit better because he actually has a great deal of interest in scientific concepts and tries to build frameworks for his entries that adhere to them as closely as possible. Even in Chaos;Head, as flawed as it was for being his first work if you look at how he proposed the Dirac Sea was manipulated, you can tell he did his research on physics.

>decent attention span
>average anime watcher

Let's be real here. Half the people who watch anime barely have the attention span to handle 19-20 minutes of focused gaze, much less actually analyze a story.

Even if they did succeed, wouldn't they fade away afterwards?

Quantum Leap +Groundhog Day+Butterfly Effect would have been better

I also think it's kinda of a waste of time to play the VN if you watched the anime, sure, in the VN you understand how Okabe really thinks and the personality of others characters a bit better, but I don't think it's completely worth.

However I don't think so for every case, in Higurashi for example is pretty worth to read the VN in my opinion, because the first season tries to put too much chapters/arcs in 26 episodes and the VN really gives another vibe (the second anime season does a better job, but the problem is that it comes after the first season).