Seiyuu thread

who are some up & coming seiyuu you're excited about? or some tried and true that have actually caused you to watch a show just for them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LnQ1Woa4I-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sumipe is a surprisingly adept seiyuu.
I like the fact that seems to really love the lifestyle.

Shes just very marketable because shes a russia otaku and outside the norm. Her gothic lolita fashion sense too.

my future wife

She also has a pretty good sense of humor.

Guys, I had a dream. I found myself in Japan, I don't know why or how, I don't even speak Japanese, but there I was in Tokyo somewhere or other, wandering the streets and totally overwhelmed by every sight and sound, getting more and more confused and frightened with every step I took. This wasn't like anime at all.

Then I heard a familiar sound. I turned my head and heard an angelic laugh, faint and distant, but there it was. It wasn't angelic the way you'd think, like beautiful and clear, ringing in your ears like serene mountain streams of crystal and jubilant horns. No, no, it was playful. Cheeky. It gave me hope.

I ran. I ran towards the place I though I heard my one solace in life coming from, ran like a fucking animal. But it was gone. My heart was wildly pounding in my chest, I saw everything grow dark, the buildings creeping closer, the clouds falling towards me, when I caught some hair flying in the wind. A familiar, jet-black strand of her. It was her. It must have been her.

So I ran again. I ran down streets, I turned corners, to wherever I thought she must have gone, while the skyscrapers were tremoring and the roads were blistering and the wind carried sulphur and death.

And then there she was. Unexpectedly, while I was more tumbling than turning a corner, right there she was. Facing me. Welcoming me. I found her. I passed the test. I proved my undying love to her. She was everything that was good in my life, everything that kept me breathing and pumping blood through my tired veins, frayed and torn at the edges. She opened her arms. Come, she said, come. You are home. A softness I cannot possibly describe embalmed my soul, cradling me like a newborn, tenderly caressing my head. It's all good now. It's all good. Taneda pulled me towards her, towards her lips, and what I tasted on her lips was sound director cum.

>shes a russia otaku
Absolutely disgusting

the latest seiyuu ranking

Translate it, weebs

I once literally had a dream where Minori Chihara said she was pregnant, likely out of wedlock. She said "continue supporting the two of us!"

>'96年9月

>A
>Marina Inoue
She's A1.

>supporting unvirgin seiyuu
>being a cuck enabler
N-no thanks.

>no Asami Imai
>my seiyuufu Haruka Tomatsu that low
>Emi Nitta that low
>Yoshino Nanjo only at B+ rather than at A+ where she belongs
>Pile at B-
Shit list.

>we like 3DPD if they're voice actresses

seiyuu are 2.5D

Yes, otaku generally have double standards like that. People have made fun of this fact in anime, manga and visual novels for decades now.
You are biologically wired to find real women attractive no matter how hard you try to deny this fact to yourself. Or on Sup Forums, because of your fear of not fitting in with the herd.
You will eventually admit it to yourself when you reach your late twenties. Unless you believe you are some kind of special, sociophatic snowflake like teenagers usually do which would be pretty pathetic to be honest.
You are welcome.

Wait, are you saying there are people who read Sup Forums and don't casually lurk /jav/ on /jp/?

Nao Touyama is a last stand of seiyuu.
Seiyuu industry has been eaten by idols.

shitlist....

who the fuck would put kubo yurika as an a+

she's barely in any shows apart from love live...

same with yoshimura (imas cg) and toyota moe(stylips)

What makes her different exactly?

You can make correct list.

>Seiyuu industry has been eaten by idols.

thats a picture of kido ibuki...not touyaman...

Hyped for Ogata's performance in Danganronpa 3, Nagito is truly her best performance and I thought Shinji was good. Ogata as Nagito is just insane.

Her face isn't good, but she has survived with only her voice.
Idol seiyuus have good faces and moderate voices.

>who are some up & coming seiyuu you're excited about?
I would love for Minami Tanaka to get more roles in the future. She has the potential but she doesn't seem to get many roles so that potential goes unfulfilled for now.
I find it it harder to latch to newer male seiyuu for some reason but I really enjoyed Soma Saitou on Rokka, and I find it curious that I see Tasuku Hatanaka all of sudden getting casted (on lead roles at that) more frequently. First I hear of him was in Zexal years ago.
>or some tried and true that have actually caused you to watch a show just for them?
I try to go through any show Aoi in which has a role no matter how small.. She always makes it worth it somehow. I just really love her acting.
Other than if any old guard male seiyuu (Midorikawa, Ishida, Seki, Morikawa in particular) has an appearance nowadays I will try to tune in.

more meaningful uses of my time than ranking seiyuu but putting any seiyuu who've been active in the industry less than 5 years (as the industry defines as rookies) as A rank is just narrow minded.

She's fairly pretty. Someone like saori hayami who looks like shit is a better example.

Also idol seiyuu have been a thing since the mid 90s at least.

I want Kikuko Inoue and Mamiko Noto to have more lead roles, together, in an ecchi series where they play milfs.

90s idol seiyuu mean cute seiyuu.
But recently idols become seiyuus, so they made anime worse.

I'm pretty sure that list is based off looks.

sorry, they are the same faces.

I don't know where to begin. Touyama does all the idol/personality non-sense has much as any other popular female seiyuu, not to mention she is tied with Macross as of late which is one of the trend-setters in regards to idol.
And there are plenty of people that find her cute.
Plus being an idol isn't about being good looking, it's about personality and being endearing to your fans.
If you want an example that falls into the "seiyuu idol" umbrella then no further than Yukari Tamura, she was never pretty in an orthodox way and yet she is the second best selling female seiyuu after Nana.

Minase Inori is such a talent singer and a cutie-patootie. Her voice range is fairly small though I find.

youtube.com/watch?v=LnQ1Woa4I-M

Her face is decent, cute in some ways. And she also pandering to idolfags.
>Idol seiyuus have good faces and moderate voices
Aside from Love Live and such, most idol seiyuu voice are pretty special.

>さいきんはキャスティング担当さんが、先方さんに声優の候補をあげると
「この子はTwitterのフォロワーが少ないから違う声優を探してくれ」
って言われる事もたまにある
>アニメのオーディションには年齢制限がある時もあるし
雑誌の人気投票で10位までの人から選んでください
なんてオーダーが来る時もあった
Asakawa says.
Casting of seiyuu is based on the number of followers, age, and popularity vote.

The same Asakawa who lies about her husband dumping her because she was a slacker and useless alcoholic instead saying it was because he didn't want to do anal?
That embittered and lazy old hag? I would take anything she says with a boatload of salt, really.

Naobou is super, super plain looking and her mouth is weird when she speaks, she just has a boatload of makeup most of the time and acts cute.

Bring in Hayashibara too

Still waiting for the Don't Meddle with my Daughter anime with Kikiko Inoue and Maaya Uchida

It's going to be a huge dogfight with the Veterans vs Newbies seiyuu both male and females next couple of years.

How does one become a seiyuufag what's the most effective way

What did Asakawa say about Moribtio couldn't muster doing anal

I tend to think Yuu Asakawa is probably a single mom

Kana Hanazawa will always be bae

That's from 1996...

>pick any anime
>pick one girl with the cutest voice
>search for the seiyuu

It's like posting about kpop. You just find a girl you like more than the rest of the girls that look the same and post pictures of her in shitty threads like this one. I think not showering helps too

Would still date and kiss goodnight.

Her giggle is the only reason to watch Nisekoi. (Well, that and Shaft eye candy).

>Naobou is super, super plain looking and her mouth is weird when she speaks, she just has a boatload of makeup most of the time and acts cute.

I think she definitely overplays the cute, playfulness a bit although she probably is a real airhead just not as much as she acts out to be.

I think most seiyuu are super plain and wear shittons of makeup. Just compare High School Hayamin to now...

After they graduate high school where there's probably rules on excessive makeup and stuff, they all put on loads of makeup to look pretty and be more marketable...

Bet she looks ugly without that makeup.

say again.

What about Aoi?

There were seiyuu that worked as idols and basically got by on just their looks in the 90s too. Mariko Kouda who was listed in like third place on the 90s seiyuu ranking above is a good example of one.

Nigger, everyone is ugly without makeup. It's 3DPD afterall.

RECOVER NOTO.
Her voice kisses my dick.

She looks ugly even with make up.

Noto is a goddess she will recover

What happened to her?

Saori Hayami poisoned her to steal her roles.

Explain further did she get recasted or Hayamin sounds a like her.

Saori Hayami literally sounds just like her. She went full illegal and stole her job.

My current favorite. Whenever her name pop up on the cast list, I feel obliged to at least watch couple episodes.
Glad that she's been getting more recognition, especially when she won the best newcomer on the seiyuu award.
She's also surprisingly a good singer, and her performance during any concert are always fun to watch.

I find Hayamin is more exciting to listen than Noto.

How's Hayamin being a thief has she been accused of plagiarize Mamiko voice

Really want to see Mamiko and Hayamin voice in a huge anime on how similar their voices are?

>Nanjou and Kayano in the same ranking

not huge by tari tari they play mother and daughter

Official seiyuu ranking

>mai seiyufu ain't even there

She really is forgotten now.

Translation

Who's your seiyuufu

>Who's your seiyuufu

Pic related

Didn't Hayamin also have some plastic surgery too?

She's just slimmed down couple of pounds and having good make up artist around really help her.

I love her.

I'm glad she is getting popular.

>he didn't want to do anal?
source? Sounds ridic

She will always be Chino to me.

Wait, that's Aoi? I thought that was Nana. What the fuck. I don't remember her hair being this long. Extensions?
Upon closer inspection, the eyebrows do give it away.

Screw you guys. Nao a qt.

Of all the Walkure seiyuu in Macross Delta, she definitely looks the best. It's not much of an accomplishment though.

post her miracle shot.

You need to get those eyes checked.

You mean her split?

BANNING RABU!!!

She's cute as hell when she has her mouth open in a yelling pose.

All of the Sansha Sanyou cast were fairly new and I'll keep track of them.

Mainly Sonobe and Futaba's VA, Them two were really good.

>You are TTK
>Go to briefing room
>See this

Wat do, Sup Forums?

Torikaji ippai and walk away

Why is Nao Touyama popular?
Her voice isn't precious. Sumire Uesaka has the same voice.

Because she's fun.
You remember fun, don't you user?

Is it me or is Iori Nomizu not popular anymore?

>You are biologically wired to find real women attractive
weird because I stopped feeling anything but creeped out by them years ago

They somehow managed to make everyone look fairly terrible in the PV. She isn't a stunning model or anything but Yasukiyo is actually prime wife material for her constant great smile.

>Anyone who is different has to be a special snowflake teenager!
You're the reason those teenagers exist you dumb faggot. Of course people are different, hell some people are even gay or want the fuck literal shit. It's not being a special snowflake, it's just how people are. Or did you subscribe to the "Everything is the same and all different thing are tryhards or the same thing with a different facade" meme?

I personally always hated how no women actually had good looking faces. It bothered me to no end that real girls didn't look as good as 2D girls. It wasn't until I was 23 that I realized there was no point in me being upset that no real girls existed who were very good. And I just accepted that 2D girls were better of being 2D anyway.

Sonobe is like Arai Satomi lite. Futuba voice is very cute.

Miyano a CUTE DAD

A CUTE DAD

Yasukiyo is a great singer, she should do more stuff.

Because she's good and also kind of crazy.