Dragon Ball Super episodes 53 & 54 title revealed

53 - Reveal Black's True Identity! Now, To The Kaioshin Realm of Universe 10! - July 31st

54 - Inheritors of Saiyan Blood: Trunks' Resolve - August 7th

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qgMQOThk6Jo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"Trunks Resolve"

RIP Church of Gohan.

old thread for canon answers lore connections

>Trunks Resolve

Goku was exceptional for his wits, not for his bloodline. Goku is a genius for combat but retarded for everything else. Vegeta was the one with the special bloodline so I guess it's natural he gets the superior offspring

>Black Goku confirmed for Xenoverse 2

>Goku was exceptional for his wits, not for his bloodline.

Without saiyan blood Goku would never go as far as he did, though.

prince of all jobbers

Zamazu is probably a Kibito type character (clothes match better than a kaioshin's)
Black is probably a kaio who got crazy and Zamazu is trying to fix that shit

> Black is probably a kaio who got crazy

Beerus already said that there's no such Kai that looks like Beerus

He's controlling Goku's body, I don't really know what else could it be

Goku's body has obviously been hijacked. Considering how highly Black speaks of him, he probably has some mad boner for the Saiyans.

> there's no such Kai that looks like Black

I meant Black, not Beerus.

does this mean there are Saiyans in U10?

Could be Future Goku's body hijacked.

Black called Goku the strongest of his race, so he obviously respects his power.

Black also seems to clutch his heart, like Goku did while he had that heart virus.

he kind of shit talks saiyans though.

Dragon Ball is never going to end is it? With this new Universe shit they can literally milk it forever.

Only U6 and U7.

All universes have Kai and Gods of Destruction

That or the guys in U10 know about what happens in U6/U7. Zamazu is called the "God-King", so I'm guessing he's ranked a little bit higher than Kaio-Shins.

He only shit-talks Trunks, and it's more out of disappointment than anything. He himself says he'd be honored to fight the "proud warrior race's strongest".

Since Buu was made from some kind of primordial universe goop, does that mean all universes have a similar entity? Though perhaps taking a different form.

nope, and when interest starts to wane again they can just release another RoF like movie with another classic DBZ villain.
Return of Cell
Revival of Broly
Revenge of Raditz
it can just go on and on.

Who here ready to see Beerus get stronger for no reason ?
Probably something similar to Frieza's boost in power. Goku and Vegeta are way too powerful already

> Zamazu is called the "God-King"

I think "God-King" is a direct translation of Kaioshin.

His untranslated name is "Kaioshin Zamasu"

I'm stupid, then. Nevermind.

Goku is a low class saiyan in an universe unhabited by overpowered mutants and Eldritch abominations

I was wondering how they were going to escalate the next villain after Beerus.

Didn't think they can get more threatening than a God of Destruction...but a rogue Kai that can manipulate time (and apparently steal bodies) is perfect, and not what I was expecting.

Time manipulation can be threatening to any fighter, regardless of how strong they are.

I have a hard time believing that Black is a rogue Kai or God of destruction because I don't see why either would need Goku's body, since I'm guessing Kai's/gods can probably already make themselves really stronger.

Could be some Baby-style parasite/robot or Tuffle that got ahold of Goku's body and is using it to get revenge on the saiyans and other races he finds inferior.

I wonder if Super will create another generation of fans just like the prequels and Clone Wars did for SW. Disney would love to retcon the prequels but they can't because they're still making money, despite the nerds claiming for Lucas's head for the last 16 years

black is goku without brain damage

Also, not really sure why a Kai would go rogue as we've never seen an evil Kai before but eve seen makaioshin like Dabura. If he's really a Kai he probably has something tragic that made him insane.

The fans wanted to but Toriyama dropped the ball

If that's the case, introducing Hit (who manipulates time on a smaller scale) before this was brilliant

> I wonder if Super will create another generation of fans

I met already some new fans got into DB because of Kai or their family/friends took them to go see BoG or RoF in theaters

The U6 and U7 Kais we've seen were garbage, though. Only the Hakaishin showed to be actually powerful. Pic related spent the entire Buu Saga being completely useless.
On the other hand, Black seems to work with a sort of perpetual Zenkai boost on top of the Saiyan's bullshit fighting potential, clearly not the same level.

I watched Buu saga Kai recently and it reminded me just how much of a faggot Supreme Kai was.

we already have Turles.

It's kind of jarring that they portray the gods of creation and protectors of the universe as incredibly weak, where as god of destruction is strongest being in the universe.

In hindsight, besides exposition and helping everyone be wary of Babidi's plan for Majin Buu along with reviving Goku, the Kaios besides King Kai were really fucking useless, weren't they? Even Gohan's mystic from the Elder Kai lasts for relevancy in all of one fight before he got absorbed.

Time to create more Saiyans with Mai.

he's honestly way cooler than I thought he was going to be.

>asking that Gohan get to do anything means I'm a cultist, butthurt fanboy of a shitty character
>Vegeta gets to be second banana because his fans whined long enough
>not even Piccolo gets to do anything anymore

Clearly, I've chosen the wrong series to get invested in to be let down so hard.

54 - Inheritors of Saiyan Blood
talking about Trunks and Gohan perhaps or..

>Time to create more Saiyans with Mai.
maybe Black travels to the future of future Trunks's timeline with his time ring and finds Trunks and Mai's children waiting for him.

Didn't Supreme Kai get the job because everyone else got wrecked?

Or was that anime only?

SeriouslyI did not expect that he would be this much fun off a villain.
"Goku, but EVIL" seems like such a stupid concept, but they are pulling it off pretty well.
I don't know what it is what makes him so great, maybe it is the smugness or his elegance, but something is meshing really well.

The scenes showing them getting fucked up were anime only, but they actually did get fucked up, leaving Supreme Kai as the only one left.

There were originally 5 of them, one for each cardinal point and the Grand Supreme Kai. So yes, technically, he was the only one left to do whatever he needed to do.

>The U6 and U7 Kai's we've seen are garbage

I assumed it was because they never trained or bothered to train because they were born powerful.

Piccolo technically won against Frost at least.

Yeah. They have done a better job with black than I thought they would

>54 - Inheritors of Saiyan Blood: Trunks' Resolve
>read as: Trunks gets his ass beat with ease but at least he lasts for more than 5 seconds
I hope they actually do something with Trunks though

> not even Piccolo gets to do anything anymore

- Slice of life moments with Gohan's family
- "Pikkoyo"
- fought against the Freeza Force
- held his own against Shisami until Gohan forced his way in
- did well against Frost, to the point where Frost had to resort to cheating

And this is all as of now...I think they're doing an okay job with Piccolo in DBS considering he was outclassed since Perfect Cell; had him give up against Shin; turned to stone in the Buu Saga; and absent in GT except for dying.

fuck i'm going to have to rewatch this now

best sol episode ever

Nozawa helps a shitload. Her darker, calmer voice is a legit 10/10 fit on Black. A lot of people like to talk about how Grandma Goku is unfitting, but she's clearly a better actress than some would expect.
Makes me wonder how Schemell will handle it once Super gets an inevitable english dub.

> Makes me wonder how Schemell will handle it once Super gets an inevitable english dub.

He'll probably use his edgy take on Goku; the voice he used for SS4 Goku

>Makes me wonder how Schemell will handle it once Super gets an inevitable english dub.
He's really fucking good at doing villains, but he usually does them in a more darker and demonic voice. I'm curious how an english black goku will end up as well.

Di....did dragon ball just pull off subtle foreshadowing?

Doesn't the fact that Future Trunks fought Dabura in DBS retcon GT out of existence?

This means that even in the future timeline, they still get invaded by the same enemies as the present.

So where are Baby and Super 17 in Trunks' timeline?

Yeah I noticed that too that Nozawa's voice work for black was very fitting.
Even though I am not a huge fan of Goku's granny voice I have to admit she does a great job as Black.

gt isn't canon

> did dragon ball just pull off subtle foreshadowing?

Also Jaco mentioning to Bulma that time travel is illegal in RoF

youtube.com/watch?v=qgMQOThk6Jo

>still no way to listen to the preview music

H E L P

>A lot of people like to talk about how Grandma Goku is unfitting, but she's clearly a better actress than some would expect.
That's because she does theater when she's not voice acting.

Also, she has experience playing evil characters, and shit, even played "evil Goku" already, so it's not like it's something new to her.

I have to admit, even though I'm not really happy with Super, I'm at least happy that the cast seems to be having fun getting to have another go at it, and people are starting to appreciate Nozawa's work

Black is Goten without Chichi's upbringing.

The way she plays Turles is way different than the way she plays Black, though.

Is Black actually skinnier than Goku, or is it actually just long sleeves/lack of bare muscle that makes him look like that?

Maybe the the trip to U10 will reveal pic related.

No he's actually thinner.

Goku didn't get as strong in the future without fighting Cell/Buu/Beerus

>Still no Champa or Hit

no english VAs for them

Or maybe he's thinner because Goten isn't as fit as Goku

Baby wouldn't have come to Earth because no spess adventure, and I don't fully remember but maybe Super 17 had no reason to exist in an Android destroyed world?
Never mind that, a lack of mentioning doesn't mean it didn't happen anyway.

I highly, highly doubt Black is Goten.
The only time frame of Goten's conception that makes any sense is during the cell games, but Goku died way before that in Trunk's timeline.

"Goten = Black" is the "Gohan will be the last fighter of U6" of this arc, don't pay it any attention.

> Baby wouldn't have come to Earth because no space adventure

Ok I guess, but I'd think Baby would still want his revenge against the Saiyans. And the only Saiyan left is Trunks.

> I don't fully remember but maybe Super 17 had no reason to exist in an Android destroyed world?

Instead of wanting revenge against Goku, wouldn't they want revenge against Trunks instead for killing the Androids?

> a lack of mentioning doesn't mean it didn't happen anyway.
When Trunks went out of his way to mention that the Babadi/Dabura showed up, and then Black, means that nothing of significance happened inbetween them

Fight against Frost is completely underrated

yet

It was Goku who mentioned Buu. And it's obvious why he didn't mention the others.
In regards to 17, I think it was important to the plan that the original 17 was still alive on Earth.

Inheriters of saiyin blood likely refers to trunks and maybe gohan as that's what they are.

That would make it an alternate timeline where the god of destruction never showed up, giving goku and vegeta no reason to become gods. Correct?

It doesn't matter...because regardless, GT was retconned out of existence a while ago:

> no God ki
> no SSG or SSB
> Kibitokai is still fused together
> no mention of Beerus or Whis
> No Trunks x Mai
> 17 isn't married with children
> Pilaf Gang are old farts

I hope they would make GT an alternate timeline.

Not to mention no Golden Freeza in the Super 17 Saga, and the fact that Toriyama's hell works differently

Why did Black know Vegeta when he saw him in the present timeline?

the name black goku is so fucking hilarious

this whole show is one of the funniest I've ever seen

because he's future goku
what i don't get is how does he know beerus

Why can't Super's artstyle be more like this

God damn is it hard being the last Gohanfag of Sup Forums. I won't give up.

You aren't alone.

Super just hasn't given Gohanfags a reason to watch.

i need the answer for this

because then it wouldnt be complete trash, and it wouldn't be dragon ball super

How about "we don't know"?

Soon boys, Broly will be made canon with Super

Why would Gohanfags be excited for Broly?

It's Bandais second most popular character brand franchise after Gundam this year, it sold like 2 million or something copies with the first Xenoverse and the tie in mobage hit number 1 in sales rank for about the 3rd time in its run today with the new Broly event. Do the math.

not good enough you fucker

i bet vegeta got blacked in otherworld and was earased from existance

what would a Future Trunks Gohan fusion look like?

Turles is not Goku. He's just some random saiyan who happened to look like Goku and his movie was a Vegeta arc's digest

the trunks leak before the first episode of the blacked arc, the one with the turtle neck sweater

Daily reminder that Goku currently can only access god ki power in SS Blue.

The evidence is that Trunks could feel Goku's ki during his transformations and he shouldnt.

>things trunks never said
>screenshots that don't exist