Madhouse

>best selling and their most popular anime was death note

>instead of continuing to adapt stuff within the same calibre they continue to adapt garbage LN shit that's forgotten after its aired

For what purpose?

>their best selling anime only sold 15k
kek

Because they want to make actual good anime now like Mahouka and NGNL.

You say that as if anime studios have control over what they animate.

They have some input, but ultimately they're usually just contractors for the producers.

Mahouka? More like Borehouka.

How comes in Bakuman studio's give manga publishing companies offers to adapt a manga?

I also remember an interview with an A-1 director who said he read boku dake and then did all he could to get permission to adapt it.

It's a super simplified view of the industry, but essentially you have a group of producers (and other companies) get together and decide to have something animated. They all get various stakes in the project. Studio may or may not be part of that group, if not the group goes and finds a studio to hire. Studios can certainly go and try to find projects they want to work on, but it's hardly completely under their control.

He is by far the most boring gary stu of all time.

He is literally a cyborg.

>only watching the highest selling most popular anime

>some head-honcho over at Madhouse once mentioned that he'd love to do an anime adaptation of Pluto
>still no Pluto anime

Just fucking kill me.

Madhouse is a great studio that has arguably the best ratio of great:shit anime compared to any other studio. But in this economy it's understandable for them having to rely on LN dreck to support themselves, as Japan has notorious shit taste. Seems that they've recently begun to once more make watchable anime, so there is still hope.

Give me another Redline

Sasuga Onii-sama

Dream Machine, never.

Could someone please elaborate why that movie cost so much to make?

It's not a matter of cost, you have to find a new director.

Sadly no madhouse anime this summer.. maybe next season

Alderamin this summer.
All Out! in Fall.

Reminder that Madhouse only has like 30 core workers. Everything else is outsourced.

I read it up and it says it costs a lot that they need to save up for.

I mean if that wasn't the case they would have just made it when he was alive right?

>Alderamin this summer.
LN shit.
>All Out!
Sounded like a good rugby anime until i saw the covers and know they're trying to pander to the fujo audience shamelessly.

I read it up and it says that they need a very good director to make it possible.

>I mean if that wasn't the case they would have just made it when he was alive right?
Spoiler alert, making a movie takes some time, like at least 2 years.

If I remember correctly, Satoshi Kon was working on it when he started dying.

>LN shit.
Yes and? Could be good LN shit.
> they're trying to pander to the fujo audience
All sports anime do.

>Could be good LN shit.
Highly doubt it, madhouse don't tend to pick the "good" ones either.

>All sports anime do.
Some are tame and rely on fanarts but shit like Haikyuu, Kuroko or free where it's blatant as fuck i don't bother with.

"Taking questions at Otakon 2015, MAPPA and Madhouse founder Masao Maruyama indicated that anime director Satoshi Kon's incomplete final work, Yume Miru Kikai (Dreaming Machine) is still in production "in theory." However, while financing the project is a considerable challenge, the more difficult constraint is finding talent comparable to Kon's. Unfortunately, at the current time, no one is able to match Kon's skill level."

>best selling

Like OPM, riiiight?

>Highly doubt it, madhouse don't tend to pick the "good" ones either.
Still going to watch it, Madhouse makes most LN shit at least watchable. The only one I couldn't bring myself to watch was Mahou Sensou.

They spent 7 years making redline so you never know.

Alderamin not shit. Vol1-7 is best..

they are the best

they ruined Hunter x Hunter fuck'em

>Death Note
>better than LN garbage
Delusional faggot.

I thought they'd decided years ago to have the guy who was originally going to be animation director take over? Did they change their minds and decide he wasn't up to par?

>>best selling and their most popular anime was death note
>instead of continuing to adapt stuff within the same calibre they continue to adapt garbage LN shit that's forgotten after its aired
I smell newfag. The trend right now in the anime industry adapting LNs you tard.

because cheap IP like LN have higher profit margins

cardcaptor sakura is their bestseller not death note.
3 of their LN adaptations have been big hit. They are financially doing well adopting LN.

i highly doubt licensing fees come anywhere close to payroll costs

>15k
>best selling
lol

Because maruyama is a shit business man and got himself into a $25 million debt which led to NTV buying them out.
MAPPA execs should kick him out before it's too late.

Still waiting on Chihayafuru s3

Madhouse > Bones > Production I.G. > A-1 Pictures > White Fox > Sunrise > irrelevant

Hunter x Hunter and One Punch Man were pretty good.

Didn't they do Beyblade?

What happened to that last Satoshi Kon movie they promised to finish?