Holy shit there's still more to this? How controversial was this ending?

Holy shit there's still more to this? How controversial was this ending?

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-07-07/kumamiko-manga-creator-apologizes-for-anime-ending/.104063

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-06-23/kumamiko-creator-remarks-on-cruel-comment-in-final-episode-script/.103547
web.archive.org/web/20160621153234/http://masmeyoshimoto.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sudoku watch

>The official Kumamiko anime website also made a post clarifying that the anime received approval from the original creator

lel and the author said he (she I think, actually) wasn't involved in it.

How did it end?

Kuma miko~

damage control~

They are in full damage control mode.

Badly.

Perfectly.

Does this mean there's less to blame on Sugiura now?
I'm tired of all the bullying he's getting.

Episode 8 was the best

Am I the only one who liked the bullying?

I'm glad i dropped this shit around episode 4

>director and head screenwriters were literally-whos who had only worked on one anime before this; Bottom Biting Bug

Nothing of value was lost. These jokers will be laughed out of the industry.

anime original ending, not even once

mind break.

Please no, Sugiura is going to work on a big project next season and he was really excited about it.
Fucking Kuma Miko.

I really really hope this encourages more studios to stop doing anime original ends

>big project

He's doing the spinoff to Touken Ranbu, AKA Kancolle for girls.

Nothing of value.

Bullshit. It is quite obvious the author knew about it, and the raging fans purposefully misinterpreted/outright lied about what she had said just to justify their hate-boner. This shit happened before during the whole Kokoro Connect incident involving Eri Kitamura. People outright lied then, so quite frankly, the fact that the only supposed 'proof' that people have now is a single tweet is outright laughable.

Anime original endings wouldn't be so bad if yhe weren't just so thematically different and nonsensical 99% of the time

Should I watch it for the sake of cringe, Sup Forums?

Yes.

It's still a big project. Lots of hype and money behind it.

Actually I hope it ends up being good so this incident gets forgotten.

I can see the author getting pulled into the company office and gettting a typical speech

"Ah you said all stuff but yet the animation staff worked hard to create an anime based on your works. Isn't it unfair to place blame on people who were just adapting your story" etc

Why are people upset about the ending?

Natsu got the mindbreak bad end.

Just another Yoshio mindbreak, went a bit too far

The bear ruined everything

Bullshit, the author did make a post on his blog saying that he received the script mfor the final ep but decided not to review it because he trusted the writers not to fuck up, but he deleted it immediately when shit started to hit the fan. Unfortunately for him it was archived, so now him suddenly going "oh yeah I was totally involved in the writing for the last episode, please buy the BDs" just reeks of gunpoint damage control.

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-06-23/kumamiko-creator-remarks-on-cruel-comment-in-final-episode-script/.103547

web.archive.org/web/20160621153234/http://masmeyoshimoto.tumblr.com/

It was shit and undermied the entire show

How can an ending undermine a show that's 100% episodic in structure?

>mfw I still didn't finish kuma miko because of Chyuu

RYUUK, HURRY YOUR SHIT UP

Because it's almost as bad as actual bullying

It fucks up the entire character arc that was presented through and goes against he message of the show.

Literally worse than Hiryuu

What exactly was the message of the show though?

>character arc that was presented through
You mean all of the rest of the show where we see her fear of the city become increasingly more intense culminating in the last episode where she just flips out? Seems pretty consistent to me.

>goes against he message of the show
What message?

Giving girls traumatic experiences is hilarious, according to the manga's author

They're right, you know.

I mean most young boys/girls have traumatic experiences, and a good amount of the time the situation could be funny to others watching.

I don't know what's funny about a girl being afraid of being stoned and then refusing to go anywhere near the city because of it

Bless him.

So it went from "I had no say it the matter because they're professionals and I trusted their judgement" to "It's all my fault"? Seems like a bit of a strange turn..

I want to bully Machi
I want to see her driven before me etc etc

Should've crossed out the "for a while" because that implies there's still hope

The problem is that they don't really frame it as funny, they just keep throwing Machi into increasingly traumatic experiences until she finally breaks and gives up her dream

Just like real life young idols

Hey, those BDs aren't gonna sell themselves

They did write the manga, but I don't think the staff really liked it

Strangely i don't enjoy NTR but I very much enjoy Kuma MIko mind broken girl ending very much

Don't see what NTR has anything to do with the Kuma Miko ending

That's why the show is great. If you don't enjoy Machi bullying you can't enjoy the show. If you do, you can't not enjoy it unless you get caught up in some silly shit like "the ending ruined the whole show because it didn't go like I thought it would".

I really doubt an author would risk not checking the sole anime original episode of their show just because "they're pros I'm not".

Please, if they ever felt like doing a second season they could easily have Machi waking up the next morning and going "You know what? I changed my mind, I still want to go to the city." and have another 12 episodes of Miko bullying.

I don't think you know what NTR means user.

Stupid chink chongs don't deserve anime this good, they can't into dark humour

Of course, but the damage is already done. Going into damage control weeks later when nobody cares anymore is not going to change the opinion of the average otaku, especially when the reception was so negative towards the end. The mangaka at least had the ace in the hole of "Hey, wasn't my fault w" but now they're basically pinning the blame on themselves now too, essentially shitting on themselves.

>"the ending ruined the whole show because it didn't go like I thought it would".
More like "what did this girl do to deserve any of this"

Dumb Sup Forums poster

See, that would put you in the category of those who don't enjoy the Machi bullying so you wouldn't even qualify for the rest of the post.

Losers would have liked it if it went full madoka and reversed its edginess at the end only to add it back in a movie

what i don't understand is why didn't yoshio or natsu told her that no one was actually throwing anything at her and they just kept quiet about it

I did like the bullying at the beginning when it was indeed framed as comedic, the problem is that it just kept escalating and becoming more and more mean-spirited, and no the ending didn't ruin the show for me because I stopped giving a fuck about it after the supermarket ep, when it was clear the writers stopped giving a fuck

She aced the Shimamura one, at least.

She's just a kid. Kids cry about a lot of shit all of the time. They don't have to entertain her every little whining.

The bullying was funny when it was light teasing and more like poking fun at Machi's naivete but then you get things like Hibiki's introduction being pushing her face into a wall for no reason and then it just starts getting a little bit too crazy from there

It was comedic till the end, you just lost sight of it. Your silly shit was expecting some plot or development.

They are trying to get some goodwill back from the core audience by making it look like the mangaka gave them his seal of approval.

Life isn't far user, life doesn't care if your a little girl.

>the author have to come out and apologize for the anime ending

Holy shit, didn't pick up this show, now im extremely interested.

It's like people have never heard of the word schadenfreude.

Is that some philosopher?

>but then you get things like Hibiki's introduction being pushing her face into a wall for no reason and then it just starts getting a little bit too crazy from there
The whole point of the show is pushing the bullying further and further. Establishing some arbitrary limit to what is okay and what's too much is fagottry beyond all boundaries. The only limit should be "we legally can't show this on TV". Anything lower would be the writers pussyig out.

>ITT

Don't be. It's just people overblowing shit on the internet as usual.

In the mangaka's blogpost she thanked the anime staff for their hard work but that she didn't like Yoshio's dialogue in the final episode and regreted not reading the episode script for it. Not that she hated the adaptation overall or wasn't involved at all. Just that she trusted the studio and approved it without reading it.

Just look at that guilt on his face, he knows what he has done

They should have just put a trigger warning at the beginning of every episode.

Any numbers on the blue ray sales?

Sup Forums is full of chink ESLs, so it's not surprising.

It gives me a boner.

How was any of pic related comedic?

Not really.
>Also, regarding the final episode's script, I participated in the composition meeting, and when we asked what to do for the final episode, I proposed something like, "How about going to Sendai? Then Machi gets into an accident, Natsu hurries by car to save her, they get back together at the climax of the story, and it ends." If there are people who feel uncomfortable with corresponding sections, it's my responsibility. I am sorry.
Sure, it says "I was at the meetings, I'm sorry" but it doesn't contradict anything said previously.

There's no mention of the author approving of Yoshio's sacrifice speech or Machi's delusions and regression.

>Author makes a post about not liking certain aspects of the end and apologizes for not reading the script.
>Post quickly taken down. Most likely at the publisher's orders because you can't shit talk something your a part of like that in the business world.
>A couple weeks later a blog post goes up praising the series even over the manga and that she was totally involved.
>This goes up around the same time as the studio's statement.

Yes, this was totally sincere and not scripted at all.

Haha it's funny because she's getting her head bashed against the fence

>BDs come out, 1-9 are same as usual, 10-12 are brand new episodes as an apology. Script taken straight from the manga (or mangaka) with a happy ending for Machi.

Suddenly everyone would love the series again.

>but that she didn't like Yoshio's dialogue in the final episode
So, basically, the author wasn't against the ending itself, but simply didn't like Yoshio's dialogue? Oh wow, so it's basically people over-reacting and deliberately misinterpreting other people's words for their hateboner?

>notthisshitagain.png

Because she makes cute noises when she gets hurt

schadenfreude isn't It's more like laughing at tragic yet funny stuff, like a quadruple amputee with a 'get well soon' card on their desk.

That scene was one of my favorites, you can suck my balls.

>tragic yet funny stuff
So Kuma Miko.

>quadruple amputee with a 'get well soon' card
Sup Forums will cry about bullying all the same.

There's literally nothing wrong with the ending and bullying the miko.
Also, best anime of the season.

Machi didn't have a happy end in the manga. She has a nightmare about Sendai being terrible and temporarily gives up wanting to go and the series continues from there while exploring the village more before getting back to Machi's modern ignorance. She still gives up, but its just not do to believing her own hallucinations and didn't screw up the tone of the end scene by fucking up the end joke and making her seem retarded.

Machi's happiness differs from viewers' idea of happiness

Sorry had to go get my fedora so I could tip it to you

○くまみこ 【BOX全2巻】
巻数 初動 発売日
01巻 1,809 16.06.24 ※くまぼっくす

The usual ANN clickbait