Stream vs torrent

Okay f/a/ggots, let's get something straight. Torrenting anime is a hassle. It takes 15-30 extra minutes to get it, and you have to watch it off a fucking computer. The only benefit is that you get slightly higher quality and you can modify your player, but I can watch two fucking episodes of the show w/ streaming by the time I'm done torrenting and watching a single episode Are CR subs mediocre? Sure, but nothing beats the comfort of just hitting a few PS4 buttons and there's the latest Sakamoto episode as I'm in bed. Prove me fucking wrong cunts.

>It takes 15-30 extra minutes to get it, and you have to watch it off a fucking computer
None of that is true.

Nice block m8, liked and subscribed ;)

Bullshit.
> I c-can stream it t-to muh chromecast!1!
The 15-30 minutes is entirely dependent on your internet. I have decent internet where I am and it takes this long.

This bait again
Torrenting's better because you don't have to wait for the video to load every five fucking seconds

Scientific. Fuck off bucko.
> Bad internet, download episode to avoid buffering
> Decent internet, streaming is quicker
> Great internet, batch torrent that shit.
How hard is this to understand? Stick that bait up your ass.

>decent
No. I have third world internet and for 720p it takes 10-15 minutes if it has enough seeds.
You can easily do something else for ten minutes, watch the first episode and download two more while you're watching the first.

Even I'm leeching internet and it take 1 hour per episode im still torrenting.. just leave it at my home and go outside, watch when all completed... get a job tht will kill u slowly inside, u won't feel evn if hour passed by

>you have to watch it off a fucking computer

You have shit internet, so streaming is shit for you. Anything else? I already said that it's quicker in that situation.

this
although I prefer torrenting in any situation, sometimes I stream out of laziness or because it's a short series and I want to watch it while I'm in the mood for it. My speed is anywhere from .5 to 2.5 mb/s, so it depends on how good the router is doing.

The most uncomfortable way to watch anime.
> muh hivemind
Piss off lol

>The most uncomfortable way to watch anime
I don't even consider watching anime on anything besides my laptop, I wish I had a good computer to watch anime on.

Most people have decent internet. It's average, the majority of people have it. That's why streaming is the most convenient option.

I don't stream or torrent. Get on my fucking level.

I don't understand, I torrent anime and watch it on tv.
What kind of retarded human are you?

Why not? Are you afraid your mommy and daddy are going to find out?

How do you do it?

>an extra 15-30 minutes to torrent
Maybe with your shitty third world internet.

What the hell are you doing then nigga?

>implying I'd tell some basic ass streaming nig the true patrician ways

I live on west coast. My internet's fine, cuck.

> Implying you're not a retarded faggot
Lmao bye bitch

Clearly it's not if it takes you 30 minutes to download a 300mb file, cuck.

Where the fuck are you downloading 300 mb? 720p horriblesubs? Fuck off lmao.

>lmao

Third worlder here. Even at the time when 300 MB took 30 minutes to download, I still preferred downloads to streaming for two powerful reasons:
- Quality (I've been using a 40" TV to watch anime since 2011)
- Archiving.

>It takes 15-30 extra minutes to get it
Depends on the speed of your internet connection, but even here in Australia with the shit internet we have it doesn't take an inordinately long time to download an episode. Besides which, you can just download while you're doing something else.
>and you have to watch it off a fucking computer.
Nope. I download, and only ever watch anime on my TV and my tablet.
>nothing beats the comfort of just hitting a few PS4 buttons and there's the latest Sakamoto episode as I'm in bed.
And I get the same from hitting a few buttons on my media player's remote. Sure I have to have downloaded the episode already, but that's easy enough to make happen while I'm doing other things, and means I never have to deal with the stream buffering.

>People are replying to this shitty newfag thread instead of sageing and hiding it

>advocating streaming
I'm surprised you're not getting banned for this. If you want a large support for streaming which reduces the quality on anime, you shouldn't even be on Sup Forums. I hope that any newfags here currently streaming should understand at least that.

He's probably an IRC elitist.

>15-30 minutes
Shit internet
>only watch on computer
Too retarded to set up media players
tldr, you are living in a 3rd world country so it's no wonder you are also special.

>15-30 extra minutes to get it

With 15 minutes, I've already downloaded at least four 720p episodes.

Sucks to be you.

Go fuck yourself. How in any way does streaming lower anime quality? It doesn't, fag.
What media player is worth constantly transferring files onto? Also, you have to worry about mkv sub encoding and torrent compatibility.

Live on west coast of US, fag.
Congrats on your exceptional internet.

>you have to worry about mkv sub encoding and torrent compatibility
Now I know you're just a shitposter and baiter.

>spews shit about media players
>glorifies streams
be retarded somewhere else, and actually learn something new.

>How in any way does streaming lower anime quality? It doesn't, fag.

Are you seriously this retarded?

Only use for streaming is for college/university internet that blocks torrenting.

>west cost

how is liberal retard land treating you?

>stream
>some links are broken, we are fixing them right now
>we are currently having server issues, sorry for the inconvenience

congrats you live in the west coast, now suck it up and get decent internet, you can still live in the US or anywhere else and have shit internet,
tldr you still have shit internet.

Badly. Bernie cucks everywhere.

> Shit, I can't back my statement up! Uhhhh, YOU'RE RETARDED!! XXXDDDD

Literally a non-issue

Only takes me about 5 minutes to do 5-600mb and if I wanna watch it on my flat screen and ps3 I just use mkv2ps3 if needed. My issue with torrenting is finding old anime. Like today I was looking for an English dub of Read or Die and couldn't find one. I had my own downloads of it a few years back but got deleted somehow

>How in any way does streaming lower anime quality? It doesn't, fag.
Go right now and download an episode of something and compare it to the streamed version at the same res, if you don't notice the compression and artifacts go see a doctor.

>What media player is worth constantly transferring files onto? Also, you have to worry about mkv sub encoding and torrent compatibility.
XBMC running on a Raspberry Pi. It's set up to read from the network drive that torrents download to, so I never actually have to transfer any files onto it. Compatibility with subs is fine (and it's the SSA/ASS subtitle format, not it being MKV that's the issue for most players), and what the fuck do you mean by "torrent compatibility"?

>It takes 15-30 extra minutes
nice 3rdworld connection kid

haha i actually live on the west coast dude LOL!!!!! huge fan of cock btw

Step 1: Get an HDMI cable
Step 2: go fuck yourself

I'll stream shit if I'm watching it while it's coming out, but if I'm looking for some older shit or adding to my back-log torrenting is the only way to go.
Your'e either some BR/POL/RU cunt with no tech know-how if you can't rig your PC to your tv, or you're fucking 12 and don't even know what you're talking about.

The main issue between stream and torrent was the visual quality.

There used to be an enormous gap in quality. While there still is a gap, it is not nearly as large as it once was so this is much less of a debate.

Personally, I do not prefer to watch anime immediately, I usually download it while reading other things or writing, or doing something else, and then I watch it.

I do not feel the need to immediately see something.

Plus, since you can stream torrents, the whole debate is sort of irrelevant.

> this thread

That's nice and all OP, but look at these amazing repeating digits.

Are you retarded?

>It takes 15-30 extra minutes to get it

So just torrent an episode while you watch a different one. It's not like you have to twiddle your thumbs while it downloads.

>sakamoto

>Torrenting's better because you don't have to wait for the video to load every five fucking seconds

I don't have to wait when streaming either.

In fact I have to wait like 10 minutes for it to download if I torrent.

I prefer IRC or DD everything unless it's some rare old shit that you can only find on a 10yo torrent seeded by 2 good souls,

>implying you can't do both
I don't know why you would though

>it takes 15-30 minutes to get it

All this thread proves is that streamfigs have a lack of foresight when it comes to watching anime.

Waiting before watching it is an issue. Now, waiting WHILE watching sucks. Especially if you had to wait for the crappy compressed quality that streams give.

It's literally streaming with good quality, so why would you watch on shitty websites OP?

when you cant wait 6 minutes

Fuck off and kill yourself.

Yeah, that's why I don't know why you would. You could just shitpost on Sup Forums for a while and it's done.
At least it's better than streaming.

>15-30 extra minutes to get it
>slightly higher quality
>PS4
Too obvious, try subtlety next time.

>I have decent internet where I am and it takes this long.

you don't a decent internet. I can get entire series in less time than that

In that case just use Popcorn or some shit like that.

It literally takes me around three minutes for an episode, I've got no clue what you're talking about. I mean fuck as long as the download takes under 24 minutes you can literally set your torrent to "download in sequential order" wait a minute or two for a buffer period and then watch because it'll download faster than you can watch. Just because you're a fucking retard doesn't mean streaming is better. I mean fuck I don't even remember the last time I had to wait for a new episode because my computer downloads what I want automatically without any input from myself.

I have subpar internet and it takes me about 5 minutes max.