Raildex NT16

Translation from js06.

>This time an (ojou-sama) school's full student body is mobilized? Protect the sanctuary from Element!
>Three days have passed since Kamisato Kakeru disappeared. Kamijou has moved onto the next battle, but there he finds Tokiwadai Middle School (Heaven) filled with Shokuhou Misaki, Misakai Mikoto, and other ojou-samas in swimsuits?
>It is winter. It is December in Academy City, and yet the temperature is above 50 degrees. As the unexplained heat wave brings Academy City's infrastructure to a halt, an unpredictable threat arrives.
>Element. They are bizarre monsters that crawl through the scorching hell. They prefer darkness and violently attack student after student during Academy City's blackout. With the only right hand that can oppose them, Kamijou gets help from Fukiyose and Index to reach the scene of the battle, but he is outnumbered. And in that crisis, a girl surrounded by a bizarre machine known as the Anti-Art Attachment appears?
>As Shokuhou Misaki leads the ojou-sama school's full student body, Kamijou approaches the identity of the mastermind behind the heat wave and Element!

Other urls found in this thread:

news.denfaminicogamer.jp/game-gene/kamachi-interview
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why is Misaki rubbing her tits on Mikoto and not Touma?

Misaki a best.

>Element
Not Elements plural?
>a girl surrounded by a bizarre machine known as the Anti-Art Attachment appears?
Is this Mikoto again or someone else using it?

That cover tho
>p-p-please buy ;_; look! it has Mikoto AND Misaki

ARRRGGGHHH KANZAKI HELP ME, IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN

Shit Cover. Obvious baiting.

KANZAKI ARE YOU SEEING THIS

just like NT7.

>Three days have passed since Kamisato Kakeru disappeared.
So 3 days after NT15?

Mikoto looks delicious here.

Are the sales for the LN tanking or something? Why is Kamachi doing this?

Cover is complete disgusting dogshit as expected but the lengthy summary seems to point towards the "Mikoto no sells the status quo" theory being close to correct, especially if she is the one using AAA.

So he is going to forget Misaki every 5 minutes he doesn't see her? This sounds retarded.

I only like this cover for Mikoto and Touma's face

>Are the sales for the LN tanking or something?
Yes. They've been falling every volume.
>b-b-but they still sell a lot! Lots more than the average LN!
At this rate it's going to be eclipsed by other popular LNs until it dips to moderate sales.

>Mikoto no sells the status quo
What did you mean by this?

Most likely he'll see her once. The summary implies the group splits up

Looks like garbage. See you guys when NT17 drops.

Precisely. To be honest, after seeing the short summary last month, the cover was really predictable.

Looks like he did get a break.

You just answered your question.

It looks like Kamachi is starting to cross out the list from that one parody story.

Sales has been going down for index for a long time. Especially since the Index anniversary incident.

Hopefully,

>Another Mikoto volume
>AAA reappears
BASED Kamachi.

Nice more salt in the wounds. I hope the sell decline continues.

>They've been falling every volume.
I bet they're waiting for the tipping point then they'll finally do Index III. It's all apart of Miki's master plan.

>Especially since the Index anniversary incident.
Is that were they announced Heavy Object instead of season 3?

There was a theory that this was going to be a set up as a fanservice volume that returns everything to the status quo- except not really. It was going to show that Mikoto really has changed and the status quo is truly broken

Yes

Didn't Yuiitsu dispose of all the AAAs? And the 3-day gap lets her tie up any loose ends. I don't know who else is capable of using the AAA besides Mikoto though, perhaps a cyborg?

Yup. There's also the milking of SAO with the movie and other Dengeki series getting anime adaptations.

Yup that's the one. Since then sells has been dropping. It's doesn't help that Index doesn't seem to have a clear goal on where it is heading right now. It feels like Kamachi is just putting out filler novels to make as much money out of the series as he can before he eventually has to end it.

>a girl surrounded by a bizarre machine known as the Anti-Art Attachment appears?
Middle school girl by day, but electric terrorist Biribiri in disguised by night?

Mikoto's AAA was broken after using it, so it can't be her...yet.

Was that ever stated? I can't remember. I seem to remember it all being very vague

>Is this Mikoto again or someone else using it?
I was wondering the same thing

>we could have gotten AAA Mikoto on the cover
>or Touma with Fukiyose
>or Touma grappling with Element
So we can fap to the girls in swimsuits. Wheee. As if we couldn't from the doujins and fan art. I wonder if Haimura had this in mind or Kamachi told him what to draw.

It's possible she could locate another one. There's nobody else it could be

>Touma with Fukiyose

What

Yuuitsu was looking for all possible locations for where the AAAs were stored, but still eluded some places.

Possibly Mikoto, but Touma doesn't seem to recognize the user based on the summary.

>(Damn, I missed one. You’re telling me there was an entire spare storage warehouse for Sensei’s Anti-Art Attachment left over!?)
>That golden retriever had stored his equipment in all twenty-three districts of Academy City. As his aide, Kihara Yuiitsu had been aware of Kihara Noukan’s “possessions” to a certain extent, but her knowledge had not been perfect.

I don't think she'd make the same mistake twice. That has to be someone other than Mikoto.

>Index doesn't seem to have a clear goal on where it is heading right now

as if that hasn't been clear 50 volumes ago

>SAO being Dengeki's money maker
Good. Raildex should be BTFO over and over. It was the king for a while and the main rival to SAO in popularity but that time is past. Yahari is ending too. Let the reign of SAO continue until the editors finally decide to break out another Index anime.

Look at Touma
>it's hot
>who is this titty monster and why she smells so familiar?
>biribiri is being creepy again
>is that a mecha suit from Infinite Stratos?
>I just want to punch magicians and tell them they're not living their life correctly
>my feet hurt
>this cover sucks

>This Volumen
When I was 50 I asked my dad what he would do if Godzilla came to town and started rampaging.
He said, "I'll drink a cup of coffee."
I didn't get his response at the time. Why wouldn't you run or hide? I thought he was just giving me a cop out answer because it would never happen. Later I realized that if Godzilla really did come to town, running or hiding will be of no use. Godzilla will destroy the entire city and you can't get away from that. When confronted with finality, humans will simply stick to routine.
So. What will people do when This Volumen comes? I think they'll all drink a cup of coffee.

Are you saying that this summary is based on Touma's POV?

Its probably the AAA from the end of NT15, it wasn't stated that it got destroyed or broke
>Metal crashed heavily to the ground.
>The sound spread as Misaka Mikoto wandered through the dark streets.
>The Anti-Art Attachment was actually several weapons and they were detaching from her body now that their role was complete.
It just fell to the ground

Touman's expressions lately are stuck on Dead inside.

This. It's 99% likely it's Mikoto and Touma can't see her. Even if the one she used in NT15 was destroyed and Yuiitsu destroyed most of the other ones, as long as Yuiitsu missed one Mikoto could find it easier than Yuiitsu

>When I was 50
Pretty sure the original pasta said 5

>It was the king for a while and the main rival to SAO in popularity but that time is past.
NT fucking ruined it.

It seems from the summary that most of the time, it's Touma's POV. We're not sure but it looks like we'll be getting Misaki and Misaka's POV too.

GRS was cool and gave end game vibes.

If this is true, it's 100% Mikoto using the AAA and Touma doesn't recognize her.

Beforehand it did seem like it knew where it was going. The Magic Gods arc being suddenly introduce was surprising but I felt that after it was done we would get to Aleister and Laura. Yet so far we are being getting more filler villains and throw-away arcs that don't really contribute much to the story.

>obligatory summer swimsuit volume
>gotta squeeze it in even though it's december in the series
I can tell that Kamachi is being forced to do this. This is what I'd like to think.

>doesn't help that Index doesn't seem to have a clear goal on where it is heading right now
Maybe Kamachi realized that he has brought in far too many characters to work with coherently and became paralyzed with indecision. Each new group or character introduced adds to the weight of Kamachi's failure.

>some Raildexfags will still defend this

Gotta squeeze every last penny out of the series before a third season is needed, if it's ever needed at all.

>Kamachi is a Kubo

>Three days have passed since Kamisato Kakeru disappeared.

Oh boy I wonder what the faggot is up to now

>Element. They are bizarre monsters that crawl through the scorching hell
The "bizarre monsters" part makes it sounds like they don't even have human form

True. Even if Yuuitsu found some use of the scraps from NT11-NT14, those volumes were still useless for the overall plot.

Looks like he'll replace Kubo since Bleach is finally ending in 19 chapters.

>19 chapters
Isn't it 4-5?

I suppose he's trying to fix it. After what he said in the last volume, Hamazura and the entirety of Item and co. aren't really needed until end-game which is where I assume AIM Stalker will become relevant.

Fuck this shit. Give me more Accelerator.

Think there'll be any hint towards Touma remembering Misaki?

This.

That's also another problem I have with Kamachi in regards to him creating too many characters and not doing much with a lot of them. As soon as you get attached to the new characters they are soon thrown away for another arc with more new characters coming in.

It's gotten more ridiculous over time to the point that old characters are always shove in the background even newly recent ones that was push for while are also reduce to the same fate like the old characters because of the new set.

>19 Chapters
Oh boy...

Are you fucking retarded. You realize that Kamachi completely shut that down by spending an entire volume explaining how he has permanent irreversible brain damage and that he cannot retain any thoughts about her ————specifically————

We don't want more shit.

No. But we do wish he remembers.

The only thing I'm interested to read in this pile of shit. Speaking of, any news on Accel 25?

>According to Miki, Kamachi just writes whatever the hell he wants and doesn't try to pander to what he thinks the fans want. If Kamachi doesn't think there's any reason to put something in the novel, it doesn't matter how many meetings they have about it, he just won't put it in.

How believable is this?

Fuck off shitposter

The only positive I see in this is Mikoto continuing to be relevant and actually doing something other than shiptease shenanigans. My dream is to see her go full terrorist again in the LNs like back in the Sisters arc.

>Misaki shipping
Please no.

It's Miki talking, not Kamachi.

Yeah only retards would get caught on this bait. Misaki will have a short scene and that's it.

How old is this? Might've been true once upon a time.

It seems like the end of the novel is going to be her with the AAA again. It's entirely possible she will lose her shit even worse than NT15

Kamachi doesn't deny it.

Pretty new
news.denfaminicogamer.jp/game-gene/kamachi-interview

Accelerator and Hamazura are finished. Weren't their stupid roles in NT10 and NT12 enough reminders?

>forcing Misaki in again
Fucking why? NT11 eliminated any chance of her being directly relevant to the overarching plot and she's good enough in the Railgun manga, just leave her out for fuck's sake. Or limit her appearance to cameos.

>Kamachi just writes whatever the hell he wants

Yes, the complete lack of any kind of editorial control in this series is glaring.

I hope not. it'll make this volume even worse

>js06's translation and Miki's quoting Kamachi
Why not? Kamachi doesn't seem like the type to bow down to editors anyways. He's the guy who does whatever he wants and can get away with it. HO is a testament of that.

Not trying to bait or shitpost, it's a genuine question.
Where does Misaki's character have to go besides Touma eventually somehow remembering her?
And I'm not saying it will end in some stupid relationship, it's just I don't see what else Kamachi can do with her.

Because Misaki is Mikoto's best buddy.

Thank you. here's mine.

Sex objects sell

Fuck off shitposter

I don't know but it is fucking disgusting.

>NT7 May 10-22
146,213 (12,184/day)

>NT8 September 10-22
135,661 (11,305/day)

>NT9 January 10-19
117,639 (13,071/day)

>NT10 May 10-18
115,978 (14,387/day)

>NT11 October 10-19
115,099 (12,788/day)

>NT12 March 10-22
114,317 (9,526/day)

>NT13 July 10-19
83,179 (9,242/day)

>NT14 November 10-22
86,382 (7,198/day)

>NT15 April 9-17
64,993 (8,124/day)

Sales steadily declined after NT10 and went up for the first time again with NT15.

Mikoto failed to bait more sales in NT13, Kamachi needs the blonde bimbo for cowtitfags bucks.

>Miki's book "Anything Goes If It's Fun: A Certain Editor's Life Work" is named after the Index series
>has SAO on the cover
kek
>those low reviews on Amazon
double kek

Maybe Misaki is here because of Mikoto. She must've noticed she's slowly slipping down the slope of insanity.

>failed to bait more sales
Bullshit.

This is why I don't trust Miki.

>Mikoto failed to bait more sales in NT13
I think people just lost interest in the series overall and Mikoto wasn't enough to bring them back. What would bringing Misaki in accomplish if the readers aren't invested in the series itself?

I guess Kuroko's role as Misaka's partner got thrown out entirely.