Explain why bump fire stocks are not illegal?

Explain why bump fire stocks are not illegal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yKjFDvDFnVM
youtube.com/watch?v=_mpq0G6StGs
youtu.be/m5XzQ1BS7gU?t=76
youtube.com/watch?v=ddPTyoV-Irc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cos ur a faget

How does a stock make it full auto? It's just a piece of plastic that clips on right?

>implying some new technology wont be invented for the same purpose.

dont limit my freedom, nigger jew

It uses the recoil of the gun to bump your finger into the trigger. Not full auto but it's close.

Just because it makes trigger pull easier to fire off rounds quicker doesn't suddenly make it an automatic; The person still needs to make a finger pull for each round, mechanically legal so stop being a bitch

The fuck is a bump stock

Lurk moar

SHALL

ancaps, how many of them exist in the US?

You can bumpfire any AR without getting a bump stock, bump stocks just make it easier.

Explain why they should be illegal.

The stock stays stationary and replaces the handgrip. The rifle slides back and forth from a combination of forward pressure and backblow, forcing the trigger to bounce on your finger.

youtube.com/watch?v=yKjFDvDFnVM

Because it's still 1 trigger pull = 1 shot.

Because they have not been legislated illegal.

> due process much user?

Because you can bump fire without a bump fire stock.
Plus, it hardly works. You have to position the stock just right or the apparatus won't work.

It's obviously in violation of the spirit of the law. I don't care one way or another but I remember saying to a buddy that these products that walk on the line of the law were gonna get used in something like this and get banned. Someone always goes and ruins the fun for everyone.

You can bumpfire without a speci stock. Also you cannot control a gun that bumpfires.

I think he uses a trigger crank for most of his kills. Bumpfiring into a crowd 400m away I would be suprised if even half his rounds landed inside the fenced in crowd.

I see one of his rifles, sparkly and clean, with a bumpfire stock is on the internet but I think he maybe used it for one mag only

Police give no details so no idea.

>banning a mold of plastic
Let me know how that works out for you.

Christ that video makes me cringe

>"spirit of the law"
Okay, thanks for outing yourself as completely retarded. It is or it isn't.
Good god go back to your sociology class and leave the actual thinking to people with more than 6 brain cells.
Good god.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

holy fuck that's awesome. I got to get one.

>spirit of the law
Law is black and white in its structure, interpretation is the gray area. It's not a mechanical modification to any of the weapons stock features i.e. A hair trigger; if they want to ban a mod, they're going to have to pass specific legislation for it such as silencers and muzzle breaks. think MB's are legal now again though, unsure

Gun culture is gay af.

cringed so hard I fell off my horse

True.
Shil alert

Brause you can literally achieve the same effect by just continuously pressing the gun against the trigger finger instead of pulling it... You would have to ban self loading rifles but SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Hotels near venues that have at least 32 floors should also be banned.

whats a bump fire stock? Serious, I dont know fuck all about guns. Wish I did, times like these call for owning a firearm.

It's absolutely a grey area that gets interpreted by the courts and the ATF. The ATF randomly changes their minds about what is and isn't legal all the time.

google.com

Bumpfire and rotary devices will be banned.

Every single time someone who doesn't understand guns attempts to limit their function in some way the people who understand guns develop devices to circumvent those laws. This is nothing new.

The "spirit of the law" is a funny way of saying "anything I don't like should be illegal". You think kikes are good at pouring over documents and devising ways to circumvent the letter of the law? They've got nothing on these gun people.

I agree in the crank as the only release of way for him to be that efficient. Don't care if it's a job of people, most magazines are 30 rounds and a drum has a tendency to jam, also with rapid heating etc; The plausibility of having multiple loaded weapons to where he just drops and grabs is there but still leaves a bit of hole to the efficiency. It's either a crank or there were multiple shooters, they overplayed their hand on the narrative to the point that normies think something's up, too impressive results to just be some 60-something year old working alone

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>SAGE FAGGOT
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>SAGE FAGGOT
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>SAGE FAGGOT
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>SAGE FAGGOT
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>SAGE FAGGOT
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>SAGE FAGGOT
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>SAGE FAGGOT
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>SAGE FAGGOT
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>SAGE FAGGOT
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>SAGE FAGGOT
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>SAGE FAGGOT

Same reason in Canada shotguns are limited to 3+1 tube magazines but this shotgun is perfectly legal youtube.com/watch?v=_mpq0G6StGs

lawmakers are guntarded and don't consider other mechanisms people can make to get around horseshit laws.

SHALL

>It uses the recoil of the gun to bump your finger into the trigger. Not full auto but it's close

actually its the other way round, the recoil removes your finger from the trigger and you have to pull the gun away from you to fire it again.

Regardless of interpretation, it's an external mod and will need specific legislation

How do you make something so simple illegal? They don't look all that complex, so i'm sure many ppl can make them.

Isn't that regulation only for waterfowl hunting? Because in the US if you're hunting migratory birds it's a max of 2+1 shells in the gun.

go back to /k/ newfag.

sweet build. 1" or 2"? I have a 1" barrel and no buffer tube on mine, it fits in my pocket.

Why would they be illegal you pathetic cuck?

explain why corvettes aren't illegal? you dont need to drive faster than 70 mph. explain with swimming pools over 5 ft are not illegal? you dont need to float in the water.

Because it's just a piece of plastic and you can do the same thing with many other devices, many of which you can whip together on your own with very little effort, so what's the point of banning it? Also you can just 3d print this part, so good luck banning it.

For hunting, yes, same if you're using slugs for deer; It's game laws in the US that has that restriction, in the home you can remove the plug altogether and have a full load

When I say spirit of the law, I mean the intent of the NFA. They intended to ban automatic firearms and these devices are almost indistinguishable from FA.

Right, the other guy was implying all Canadian shotguns had a limit of 3+1, but right in the video the Canadian states there's no magazine restriction on manual action firearms.

Explain why full auto rifles are "illegal", or tightly controlled

Again with the spirit shit; The guns themselves are not fully automatic, a mod to the stock or not, that still requires user input per round fired, THAT is the ((spirit)) and intent of the law

No, anything that prevents someone from owning any firearm is unconstitutional. Anything that prevents someone from owning a silencer is unconstitutional. Anything that prevents someone from owning a bump fire tripper is illegal. Anything that prevents someone from owning a automatic weapon is unconstitutional. I see you are very confused.

You are aware you don't need a special stock to bumpfire yes? I can magdump my wood stocked SKS just fine without one.

>trigger

This is because of the legal definition of semi-automatic vs automatic. Automatic fire means the gun will keep firing as long as you have your finger on the trigger (and if you have ammo to feed your gun). Semi-Auto means only one shot fired per trigger pull.

A bumpfire stock still meets the legal requirement, as it doesn't change the trigger mechanism, it just "shakes" the gun back and forth to "simulate" automatic fire. You still have a semi-auto rifle with a bump fire stock, but it just makes it like you have a pretend machine gun... if you get it working.

However, as others have put it, it's hard to control, to get working, has no practical application except to perform mag dumps into a pond.

Note also, several states have bump fire stocks banned (such as MA & CA). It is legal in Nevada.

I'm curious to see if that gun with the bumpfire stock was actually the one used, or if some other gun with either an auto-sear or crank was used. The bumpfire pic shown has no brass lying around it (it could have been moved when the photo was taken, I'm not discounting that).

They're actually very distinguishable in form and function my dude. The fact that the end result is similar is irrelevant. (((They))) didn't put limitations on rates of fire.

>ancap
>patented
at least try

They suck. Arent accurate or even practical.
Hey you at 50m you better stop rig-bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumo your 14 bullet mag emptying in seconds striking everything by and around your target. Excluding what you were aiming for

Im curious too; MSM has gone balls to the wall with their initial report and if they receive any information that completely rejects this from officials, it blows it out of the water

>silent soul of liberty
Wtf is this narration? Why would the founding fathers give a shit about a bump stock?

Yfw bump fire guns are the E-11's of storm troopers

>not bringing your AR-15 to the next level
holy shit i cringe at how beta you are

>no buffer tube
>deebly goncerned.jpg

Probably because murrica.

Whatever technical reason there is to prove that a bump stock is not full auto (and there should be plenty), the bump stock manages to shoot with minimal user input down to only one initial finger movement by the operator. Whereas the trigger is effectively moving back and forward, the user's finger is not. For all practical purposes, that is an automatic weapon.

Any EU country would have probably seen it like this already. But in America, people will just turn a blind eye or spend months in lobbying battles to resolve the issue.

Explain why I can't own explosives, rocket-propelled grenades, full-auto rifles/handguns, attack helicopters and jet fighters?

Because you're broke.

Banned from use but the sale and manufacture cannot be banned because you can't determine what everything is for.
If you ban cranks or stocks from being manufactured because they can kill people, you might as well expect to ban every tool used to build because they can be used to kill people.
A little crank thing? Easily registered as anything other than for the purpose to be used on a firearm. The stock is a little more difficult but they'll find a new way to market it.

No, because alphabet soup infringes on our gun rights.

If they banned bumpfire stocks we'll still have fucking rubber bands.
youtu.be/m5XzQ1BS7gU?t=76

Because automatics are

You can own all of those things. Ignoring cost full auto and explosives are harder to get than the vehicles.

Three words, tactical bottle opener.

Out of all the things lucas spent money on. Logic and thought was not one of them. All the technology is star wars is primitive and ass backwards even from a design or functionality perspective. Without spooky sci fi powers no one would have any advantage or get anything done. Clone wars would have been better if all of the cast jumped into a massive blender and shoved their pureed lives into my asshole. Thanks for the (you)

BAN JERRY MICULEK ASWELL
youtube.com/watch?v=ddPTyoV-Irc

Even if they were completely legal you'd never own them because people with actual money would buy them all.

And you will have jack shit for accuracy. These seem goofy to me but whatevs.

How about you explain why they are legal you fucking stupid hook nosed kike-jewess

>THE SPIRIT OF THE LAW

LOL
I'd love to see you argue that in front of a judge
I'll bring the popcorn nigger

You're not going to talk us out of owning all the weapons we can get our hands on to deal with the war everyone knows is coming against faggots like you.

Nice try though.

>Whatever technical reason there is to prove that a bump stock is not full auto (and there should be plenty)
It's literally not full auto. The ATF reviewed and accepted the existence of bumpfire/slidefire stocks because it does not make the trigger fully automatic, you still have to exert pressure on it once to fire one shot. It aids in simulating rapid fire from a semiautomatic rifle.

The ATF can't go back and say "oh well actually it's fully automatic now it's banned kthxbai". They would have to say "because of blah blah blah and yadda yadda yadda shooting in Las Vegas, we are banning further sale and use of bumpfire stocks".

Checked
COME AND FUCKING TAKE IT

It sounds like a satirical Coors commercial

*Begin Sam Elliot voice*
>Jefferson
>Payne
>freedom
>second amendment
*end Sam Elliot voice*

MAXIMUM
CRINGE

Yeah they should probably be illegal.

fgt

You say that but he's right. Means as soon as one dude find she loophole and addendum is added to the legislation. I don't think he means you can prosecute for spirit of the law but it's why the law was written and will be changed shortly. Even though I wouldn't change it because it doesn't really matter that much.

The only problem is that this is the same ATF that banned shoe strings.

also
>checked

No shit.

Because bump firing is a technique. The stock just makes it a little bit easier.

The shooter would have been better off without it. Had he actually been placing center-of-mass shots after most had taken cover, things would have been much worse.

This. You can literally bumpfire any semi-auto by keeping your trigger finger stationary and using your other hand to push the weapon forward.

It's absolute garbage for accuracy, but not that that's required to shoot into a crowd of tens of thousands of people.

I bet they'll be banned soon enough, though.

Read
Dipshit

Its like a piston that pushes the trigger back to its initial position

>t. someone who has spent many an afternoon bump-firing without any special gizmos until making boom boom noises really fast without hitting anything got boring

Precision shooting is where it's at.

See, shoe strings technically made the gun fully automatic. If you pulled on the metal loop the string was attached to then the gun would only require one trigger press to fire all of its ammo. It was basically like slamfiring a shotgun but without having to pump it.

Was it a goofy ruling? Yea. But it made sense by the ATF's standards at the time.

They shouldn't be. Auto weapons shouldn't be illegal either, then this shit wouldn't exist. Get fucked commie.

>ban a crank
>can literally make them out of lego + super glue

Yeah, kind of surprising the shooter didn't use the shoestring method. But I guess when you're a richfag, dumping $100 on a bump fire stock seems OK. Probably was a casual who didn't know.

>ban cranks
>find alternatives to pressure release and chemical valve systems and basically all commercial/industrial use