People are turning back to the press

archive.fo/9kwXJ

>Americans are increasingly confident in the news media and less so in President Donald Trump’s administration after a tumultuous year in U.S. politics that tested the public’s trust in both institutions, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Tuesday.

>The poll of more than 14,300 people found that the percentage of adults who said they had a “great deal” or “some” confidence in the press rose to 48 percent in September from 39 percent last November. Earlier this year, Trump branded the entire industry as the “enemy of the American people.”

>The percentage of those who said they had “hardly any” confidence in the press dropped to 45 percent from 51 percent over the same period.

>Confidence in Trump’s administration moved in the opposite direction.

Ohhhh Sup Forums, you almost had it. But now it's slipping away.

Other urls found in this thread:

wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/11409
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

and who gave those polls?

The press

Who did they pick to answer questions on the polls?

Who ever they wanted.

This sort of denial is exactly why you're going to lose the culture war again. You will never admit to there being problems. You won the US election, so now you think you've won everything, forever.

sick argument there fagtron

Well he lied a little so it can't be helped, he still lied to them less than the press.

WTF I love the media now

And now you're left with nothing but empty name-calling. You'll simply deny any report coming out of the press that you disagree with and it will be your undoing.

>This sort of denial
Did you address his questions? I will summarise for you: the press have incentives to make the polls appear how they want them to. In this case, the press want to make the press seem GOOD.

Pointing this out is NOT denial of the polling results, he was questioning the INCENTIVES OF THE PEOPLE WHO CREATED THE POLL.

FUCK I HATE THIS WEBSITE WHY DO I KEEP COMING BACK

the fact you're posting this news article on this site proves you're only goal here it so demoralize. kill yourself.

Seven out of eight things he says in any given day consists of total bullshit. He has zero conceptualization of long term thinking, he literally only cares about how he looks on cable TV that evening.

>says the media

You aren't even visiting the link. If you would have, you would have immediately noticed that the poll was not conducted by the site alone, but in collaboration with Ipsos. Of course, you guys are just going to claim they're all in it together and it's all a big conspiracy etc.

The denial is coming from your side, kiddo. Communism is dead after a century of failure. Americans don't want it.

Fake news

Winning the culture war sure did wonders for Hillary!

Oh wait!

That begs the question, are you sure you're fighting the right battle in this "culture war"?

Seems like leftists are fighting a Grenada while right wingers are fighting a Normandy.

One seems more worthwhile than the other. And even gets better results!

This! Of course people will turn back to the truth when the only alternative is AmeriKKKa's nazi excuse of a president!

LOL yeah okay

It was inevitable, over time people stop trusting Trump... he's a compulsive liar ... liberals and people from big cities who have dealt with him in the past know this... he's just a con man... that's why he had Russia bail him out with a billion dollar loan back in 2012. No one in the US would loan money to him any more

Who even mentioned communism you dolt?

>see there was this push-poll we administered among ourselves that says we're right
So you are literally completely out of ideas and just go in circles?

Nobody here is asking for communism you literal retard.

Hmmm I wonder...

>Our completely random poll of 1000 Americans in Los Angeles and New York confirms these results
Daily reminder that """polling""" is now just a form of propaganda.

That's the only thing polling companies do dipshit: analyze market trends for their clients. If they couldn't deliver accurately on that, no one would pay them anything you autistic waste of space.

A scathing rebuttal, sir.

Good,the goyim need to know his place and take the black pill

>Losing on every front
>So he goes full cuck

It'll be funny to watch him in lose in 2020 and see the Twitter shtifit he'll throw. This guy seems hellben on making everyone hate him.

If only those silly Americans could've regained trust before the election :)

Literal fake news. Only people with any trust for the press are boomers and retarded leftists.

>according to the news media, people are turning back to the news media

Really made me think.

Not what I was pointing out, specifically that they manage client and employee relationships. Nowhere in the article does it state that Ipsos intent was to do; specifically, opinion and social research.

>This sort of denial is exactly why you're going to lose the culture war again.

Top motherfucking kek.

Last I remember, a bunch of retard posting images of fucking frogs on the internet just memed a WWE hall of fame, reality tv star, into the white house beating a fucking satanic horde with an infinite budget to it.

You fucks need to stop posting best girl on this shit board

Oh wow....Same pollfags who predicted a landslide victory for Hillary..

CNN claimed CNN got everything correct. Now I believe them.

It's like they don't even lie to make themselves look credible.

lol

rofl

Last I remember, you attempted to do the same in every single European election and lost every single one of them.

The left is communism. Has been since The Federal Reserve Act.

You may say 'gun control' but what you really mean is the 'abolition of all private property'.

I'm sorry you still don't get it, but your mind was literally stolen from you and placed in a Marxist
Skinner box that 'educated' you to hate everything that gave you power and autonomy in exchange for unquestioning subjugation to all things which make you weak.

>pot kettle
gas

>"Kumar added that confidence in the press may be rising this year because news organizations have offered wildly different perspectives on Trump, satisfying people who like him as well as those who do not.
“They’re not all watching and reading the same things,” she said. “They’re gravitating toward organizations they trust.”

So not that big of a deal

>Paranoid Schizophrenia: The Post

Excuse me? We got four more years of our anti-immigration government, and every other European election saw massive growth for far-right parties.

>akko
>best girl

>Winning the culture war sure did wonders for Hillary!

I want to touch on this for a moment. Trump got 46.1% of the popular vote.

In 2012, Romney got 47.2%. In 2008, McCain got 45.65%. George Bush Jr. got 50.7% in 2004 and 47.9% in 2000. Bob Dole got 40.7% in 1996, and Bush Sr. got 37.45% in 1992.

You see what I'm driving at, right? Over the past seven Presidential elections, over the course of the past 25 years, Donald Trump got the middle amount of Republican support amongst the voter base. Better than some, worse than others.

Trump didn't win because of any great outpouring of Republican, Right, or Conservative support, is what I'm driving at. Stop acting like there was some kind of major turn or revolution or "red pill" or whatever you want to say. Trump won due to a failure of Democrats to fire up their base. He won due to Hillary's flaws, not his own strengths.

50.7 - Bush Jr. (2004)
47.9 - Bush Jr. (2000)
47.2 - Romney (2012)
46.1 - Trump (2016)
45.65 - McCain (2008)
40.7 - Dole (1996)
37.45 - Bush Sr. (1992)

Fuck yourself with a rusty steel pipe.

>when you lose the elections, you win
>a-at least we didn't lose as bad as we did in previous ones!

Any of you ever feel bad for shills? They come into work and are told to tell Sup Forums of all places to trust CNN. To top it all off their bosses just call them virgin losers behind their back. Do they even provide you with Sup Forums passes or is the captcha just part of the job?
Yeah buddy CNNs great I love mainstream media why don’t you screencap this post show your boss and get yourself a nice raise on me.

And Brexit... This guy is an obvious shill.

Oh wow.. facts!!!!

>polls indicate Hillary has a 99% chance of winning

CNN is literally the Right's "muh russia" right now.

Show yourself meme flagger.
Source is Ipsos through Reuters, not CNN.
MSM is shit at prioritization of information, but as shit as they are the president is even fucking worse - no shit his inanity causes trust in their shitty asses to rise. Don't need to be a paid shill to see that.
Now tell us, what backwater hellhole do you hail from?

fuck polls. i didn't vote in it...

Kek you guys forced that Russia thing so hard and it failed to work here I appreciate the fresh new angle on it.

Holy shit, I haven't seen anyone this triggered in awhile. Which news agency do you work for, you butthurt little faggot?

Thats just because recently with weather news ppl have their guard down

No, really. See Nobody mentioned CNN at all, you brought that bogeyman up yourselves.

>news breaks regarding something negative about trump
>REEEEEEEEEEE MUH CNN FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS FAKE NEEEEEEEW

You guys are a cult at this point.

>mfw Trump believes Maria is not a real disaster like Katrina and for it to "qualify" it needs a high death count.
>mfw he just said this today

Listen l've learn to lower my expectations of Trump when he speaks but this shit is getting retarded. How can anyone not expect his approval to go down and media trust not go up when he does the verbal equivalent of cutting himself?

trust in the press rose by 300%
from 0.001% to 0.003% .
*wow! so trust!*

He's right though. The culture war is far from over.

Do you fucks EVER get tired of the constant subversion

Trump has drawn the line and proven that the press is a leftist opposition party. So people on the left who previously answered those polls that they were also suspicious of the press, now answer the same polls that they trust the press

>I have a five year old's perception of reality.
Good for you.

Maybe people would trust him more if he stopped getting caught on lies and generally idiotic things everytime he opens his mouth

This

>Maybe people would trust him more if he stopped getting caught on lies and generally idiotic things everytime he opens his mouth
if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.

>1 post by this id
>copies other anons flag
>still butthurt over trump

Shill, please!

>heh Trump is saying dumb things just like Obama did! Obama BTFO!

wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/11409

Oh yeah because Reuters is 100% unbiased they just want to bring in the facts. You guys are doing a real great job here I appreciate my record being corrected. Shockingly I’m from the US by the way you got your facts wrong once again.

Try actually reading the post in it's entirety next time, before you resort to name calling.

pretty much this. like all the recent polls coming out were probably made by an intern picking three random numbers oit of a hat and punlishing thenhighest or lowest one depending on what needs to be pushed that day.

>When the fake news tells you they're gaining public trust

First rule of the world of you

Don't trust polls.
Otherwise you mind as well die now and save a life of embarrassment to your family.

Fake News = Any news outlet that is not Pro-Trump

It's not who gave, but who they gave it to, they do targeted marketing to find out where to "poll". Who do you think buys the data mook and plebbit sells?

I have a hard time believing this, nothing has changed and in fact the media has only gotten more fake and bias.

>Trump didn't win because of any great outpouring of Republican, Right, or Conservative support,
Are you retarded? The reason the overall percentage isn't that high, is because of the massive growth of minorities, who primarily vote Democrat. The Republican base among whites is as strong as it ever was, and has probably grown given that the numbers remain stable, despite the dwindling white population.

All it really shows is that minorities are enemies of the American people, and need to be dealt with. I mean, if it was up to whites, every election since the early 70s would have been won by a Republican.

Whose fault is that?

All news has had a bias since its inception, you are like little babby.

Go run along to normiebook now and tell your maymay friends you showed those evil nazis at 4chins what for

see
Actually it’s any that gets paid off by the democrats.

>“great deal” or “some” confidence in the press rose to 48 percent

AHAHAHAHAHAHA Fake news claims that 52% of people basically give a rats ass about what they are saying while an additional 20% or so aren't even sure.

>nothing has changed

Trump is about a year into his Presidency and has, in fact, alienated at least some of his base through his (in)actions.

After lying about polls

After setting up the whole rap/sexual harassment story against trump which was a lie

After lying about piss-gate

After lying about Russian hacking

After lying about violent trump supporters attacking people

After publishing hate crimes that were a lie and in many cases not retracting them after the election.

after lying about antifa by portraying it in a positive light and not reporting on the depth of their violence or when they are the primary instigators.

After lying by omission in an attempt to portray blacks as being disproportionately assaulted by police, leaving out details, whitening the skin of the accused, editing police audio recordings, videos, statements, and assembling a narrative that the police are a white supremacist organization that inexplicably targets black people, irregardless of violent crime statistics and the conduct of the black people involved in the shooting incident. Also ignoring if the police shooter was black, asian, or hispanic. It was all just "white racism"

After lying about mass immigration by claiming it was all refugees fleeing war (most were migrants shopping welfare and free housing)

After concealing the rapes and crimes being committed by refugees.

After setting millions of people up to believe a long list of out right fabrications....People are turning back to the press...

....So the press says....

No, I change flag indeed :^)

>The press telling us everyone loves the press
What is this? 1984?

>Still trusting in polls after the 2016 election where pollsters where BTFO
are you retarded? even the media accepted polls are now useless

Says who? The fucking media? Lmao

Losing the culture war? That is how Trump literally one you retard. By being the patriotic nationalist who is politically incorrect. And he is doing it all over again with the NFL shit by wrapping himself in an American flag.

I'm sure that not even leftist retards believe their own press

>Reuters reporting on a Reuters poll about how trusted Reuters is

You guys still aren't getting it. You've been exposed. Everyone with two extra brain cells knows the left is full commie now.

So long as your team has Antifa marching in the streets and plotting terrorist attacks, NFL nigs disrespecting the country that made them millionaires for playing a game, and late night talk show hosts crying over 'two scoops', all we have to do is label the entire left 'commie'.

We will win on that alone. Communism is simply that historically murderous and disgusting.

How's that NFL boycott going, by the way?

Last I checked, fans were still buying tickets and showing up to games. Some boo during the kneeling and then go right back to cheering the team. Yeah, that'll show 'em.

>liberals believing in liberal media despite the constant psychotic lies
So in other words, a big nothing burger.

T. Paranoid Ameritard

> bu-bu-but there are always cracks and it goes to shit at some point...

Who says that is even occuring now? Who says it will happen in ten years? Oh yah the media, right...

>The Republican base among whites is as strong as it ever was

That's rather my point, isn't it? It's as strong as it ever was - and not stronger. And again, Trump doesn't even have the best numbers in the past 25 years and 7 elections.

>and has probably grown given that the numbers remain stable

The percentages remain generally stable. The numbers grow, but at a rate roughly equal to that of the growth of the population overall.

>who primarily vote Democrat.

And who's fault is that? The Republican party is the one that's decided that American = White, even though that's not in the Constitution anywhere.

> the nfl needs to be taken down because of some stupid antics of some of the players

You murricans take your sports too seriously, just throw some bananas at them, have a good laugh and get on with the show.

>that this study hasn't been made to "indicate" trust in the media in general
Most news sites on either side have tons of fake news, it's not a matter of individual stations or providers, it's an over-arching problem being caused by various journalists. Trump does bad shit. Obviously. But the idea that the trustworthiness of the media increasing would have more than partisan motive is somewhat ludicrous. No matter what bias the providers have, the excess of hyperbole by journalists combined with people's lack of time to check their facts is leading to a greater amount of partisan violence, whether it be Charlottesville, or Las Vegas. One, "white genocide is real, and it's a good thing" combined with "10 ways the patriarchy oppresses you without your knowledge" just fans that flame. But let me get back on the topic of "fake news". With the unbelievable amount of information the internet pumps out, and whether or not that information is acceptable, or seemingly scientific fact was always subjective. "Fake news" takes advantage of confirmation bias. Both in people seeing it as fake (which, sadly a lot of the times it is), and in people seeing it as real. Most of the evidence that any site provides can easily be fabricated, and there is not many media outlets that are averse to doing so.

No, they're not. The press is going to run stories about people regaining trust in the press, because it will slowly make people think that their neighbors and coworkers trust the press.

It's an "everyone else is doing it" mind game. Even if nobody is doing it, if you can convince people that everyone is doing it, then an individual will also comply. Fuck the press.

The ratings are going way down ya retard. And plus is not about the NFL is that Americans now see Trump and Republicans are patriotic Americans who love muh troops and muh beautiful flag and Democrats as people who hate the troops and Americans. You have to see this from the eyes of Joe Smith who loves beer, sunday night football, works as a welder and a son in Afghanistan. He now sees Trump as a big American hero who supports the Trumps. He is registering to vote right now. you are done boy