/H+/ TRANSHUMANISM GENERAL THREAD /H+/

Where are my fellow transhmanists? I don't hear much talk of it on here.

Other urls found in this thread:

sott.net/article/236678-Can-Humans-Live-Longer-Vitamin-C-The-Missing-Anti-Aging-Hormone
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Explain transhumanism to me. Whats so good about it

Another crazy

The meme of the moment is Catholicism, you'll get your 15 minutes of fame some day.
That said, transhumanism is the future. I look forward to it, not some botched surgery to implant a magnet on your finger though, I look forward to Deus Ex level improvements.

Literal deus ex machina

It's a blue pill, that's why.

transhumanism is not just degenerate, it's not even practical. that's why it's mocked incessantly on /diy/

Transhumanism is basically the belief that human technology can make us immortal. A bit of an overstatement at the time, but it's a desire for technology to advance to the point where humans can be considered undying gods.

>blue pilled
How tf is h+ blue pilled? Literally one of the most individualistic ideas I can think of

individualism is blue pilled

It's not really practical now given that the real ideas of immortality are completely unreachable now, but in the Information Age you have to wonder how close we are.

So everyone on earth never dies and its populated by the same people

Globalist cocksucker. Your machine gods will abandon you.

Lib right is almost entirely individualism guess that's blue pilled, too.

stupid men that want to be gods through technology and biological augmentation

Be the Übermensch, not some pathetic cyberNEET

there's a reason jews love libertarianism.

It would also involve adapting the carrying capacity of the earth itself so it could support the exponential number of more people

that is not transhumanism, thumanisms main goal is the singularity

immortal people are degenerate. our limit made civilizition

Goal is to become by using technology to exponentially expand our intellect. The fuck you talking about

Wouldn't it be better to kill off majority of the population,leaving just the best of the best. Then these individuals will only breed selectively when more persons are needed on the planet

>commie OP is asspained I said if you can breed a better man you can breed a better horse so he starts an entire D&C thread on transhumanism which isnt even the same thing.
sage

>ooga booga fire bad
Stay in the caves with niggers, true western civilization will allow tech to advance to godhood.

>chad
>dies to a sharp object

>true western civilization will allow tech to advance to godhood
and so the civilization will fall. great thinking maggott

Breeding selectively is almost primitive, it's actually entirely possible now to modify your entire genome. The most important trait in humans is intelligence.

Why would you need civilization if you live for eternity?

Did you not read the image at all?

It isn't about shunning science, it's about harmoniously marrying it with biology. Eugenics > robo-hell, always.

>uhh duhhh dirty commie
Natsoc faggot is just scared because his entire argument is built on the idea of superior genetics when in reality genetics are just fickle physical attributes that mean almost nothing. Do you know what communism actually means and how it doesn't apply to me?

You do realize that h+ is built on eugenics? It's possible to modify your genes so that you can be surperior.

Fuck off, degenerate scumbag. Transhumanism is the logical conclusion of the modern disease called progressive liberalism. All you cosmopolitan fucks with your crazy, destructive ideas will soon pay the price. You think you're gonna live to be 150? Think you're gonna stop ageing? Think you're gonna get synthetic limbs and rejuvenation therapy? Think again -- you'll likely get lynched by an angry mob who will rightly recognise that it was you and your kind who were responsible for the mess that is Western Civilisation today.

maybe for order? First of all, you don't know if you will really became a god. then if you are really so powerful, what about the others? We are human after all, and even if i will be a god, i don't want to stay in a place in total anarchy

>Become a god
user, this is nutty.

I love the goal of improving ourselves via technology, but at this point it seems like you're fantasizing to avoid your own existence/problems.

Almost like a not-even-close-to-as-deluded version of these sex-bot fags.

Technology will NEVER save you from reality friend. And the smartest among us will get the best. Improve yourself as best you can NOW.

exactly what i think. i love robotics, IT etc... but thinking that technology will bring you to godness is insane

>Genetics mean almost nothing
Pic related.

No go KYS, seriously.

>t. Medfag

Hideauze when?

Shit, sorry I mistook your post for someone above.

Yeah I think we agree.

don't worry

You can't create AI if you don't fully understand the world and the humans inhabiting it
Destroy their myth so yours can live (ID: vZiWH7+h) 10/03/17(Tue)13:56:02 No.143851844▶ (OP) #
How do you recognise a foundation myth? It fulfils three functions.

1)It explains the origin and structure of the world (and society).
2)It defines ultimate good and evil (and from those definitions are derived the values that are used to justify the holding of power).
3)It determines what is held sacred in that society.

For modern Westerners the story of WWII has become their foundation myth. It fulfils all three functions.

1)We live in the ‘Post-War World’. The lines on the map, the institutions, the sense of what era we live in, all arise from the starting point of WWII.

2)Ultimate evil is Nazis. Ultimate good is opposing Nazis. The values derived from these definitions are anti-racism, equality, diversity, anti-nationalism and so on.

3)The only thing that is held sacred, that cannot be denied or mocked in the contemporary West, is the Holocaust.

The problem is that all three functions are backwards or negative.

Instead of the origin event being one of fertility and new life, it was a conflagration of death and destruction.

Instead of ultimate good taking the central position in the story that slot is occupied by ultimate evil. Everyone knows that Adolf Hitler, the personification of evil, holds the centre point of the WWII story.

Instead of that which is held sacred being something mysterious and sublime it (the Holocaust) is an obscenity.

Having a negative foundation myth means the tree of life for Westerners is poisoned.
> Having a negative foundation myth means the tree of life for Westerners is poisoned.

thats seriously fucking retarded.

try to explain why collectivism is red pilled instead.

>inb4 hurr durr i am the universe experiencing itself

no shit. doesnt mean the collective doesnt modify itself as needed

>People this retarded come to Sup Forums

Wouldn't you be more at home back on plebbit?

What do you propose as a viable alternative in the way of a creation myth?

Friendly reminder to take every day your 4,000-8,000mg of Vitamin C to get a lifespan near to 200 years.

(which will allow you to wait until better tech arrives, increasing your chances of indefinite lifespans)

sott.net/article/236678-Can-Humans-Live-Longer-Vitamin-C-The-Missing-Anti-Aging-Hormone

You can thank me later, after ordering some.

Ah yes, this is the true path for science although it will take a LONG time before we get there.
You could almost say it's inevitable if humanity doesn't completely obliterate itself i reckon at some moment in the future we will no longer be mere flesh, not that I nor anyone here will be alive to witness it mind you.

They have robotic arm prosthetics now, when they become more available I'll gladly remove my arm for one

Have fun dying of a minor infection biocuck.

Your day of le rope XD is never going to happen, you are pathetic and impotent.

Honestly I'm just trying to survive until we perfect a kind of Moravec transfer.
Then I'll drop my brain into a supercomputer and live out a near-infinite amount of time until I get bored and kill myself.