Give me (one) reason why I cannot own a nuclear weapon? The Second Ammendant guarantees my right to bear weapons...

Give me (one) reason why I cannot own a nuclear weapon? The Second Ammendant guarantees my right to bear weapons. Why can I not own biological or chemical weapons? Please give me one reason.

Bc it's illegal

Reason 1: you cant afford one

Because it's a weapon of mass destruction

Weapons are ordinance not arms stupid.

A nuclear weapon is not an "arm". It is a "destructive device". There is no second amendment right to possess a destructive device.

You are not smart enough

so if I were to fashion a firearm that could fire bullets that were actually nuclear bombs that would be legal?

Building a firearm to shoot nuclear bomb bullets is legal
Building nuclear bomb bullets is illegal

The Founding Fathers meant ALL weapons, including cannons and ships with cannons, gattling guns etc. They foresaw technological advances in weapons & ordinance and discussed it during the write up of the constitution.

why

Simple: ask yourself "if the founding fathers had known about nuclear/biological weapons, would they have included them in the 2nd amendment?" to which the answer is clearly "no". They didn't address the issue because they didn't have any weapons that could destroy an entire city with the press of a button.

daily reminder that ordinary citizens could own a 120 gun ship of the line

Because America already has reasonable gun control, it works, and the line is somewhere in between artillery/tanks and nukes.

but ordinary citizens could own ship of the lines (and they did) which were easily the most powerful weapons in a country's armed forces at their time. if not a nuclear weapon could i own a battleship?

they literally discussed this whilst writing the constitution

are you smart enough to make one? its not like they sell them at wallmart or on amazon. there may be a demand but no real supply OP

i also bet by this point you cant even buy one from russia. the ship sailed on that one decades ago

its easy to make a nuclear device. are you kidding? the problem is getting uranium to be enriched which requires a nuclear reactor.

>if not a nuclear weapon could i own a battleship?
100% legal, you would just need a tax stamp ($200 fee + background check + some additional restrictions) per cannon.

If its a blackpowder cannon there are no checks or anything.

okay what about a cruiser with ballistic missiles with peanuts to be fired at a crowd of extremely allergic people

0/10

I know a wealthy owner of a satellite communications company who owns most of a Titan ICBM

see, now you're explicitly stating your intent to harm others, so your application would probably be denied

what you dont like peanuts?

As pertinent to militia service, not committing mass shootings just cause.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

So in order for the state to remain free, the people should have weapons equal to that of the state. So why can't I buy F22s and drones? Hmm? Or at the very least, make my own f22s?

>right to bear arms
As far as I know, a nuclear weapon is not a firearm

>reasonable, common sense gun control...brings up private ownership of ballistic missiles

Not yet

>Give me (one) reason why I cannot own a nuclear weapon?
because they aren't real. Goy falling for the nuclear jew.