Live action Death Note, first photo revealed

Will he be a good L?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wUOOYzO3L6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Full body shot.

I don't remember L hiding his face in the manga.

ALLAHU ACKABR

Is he going to shoot up cops? Looks terrible

uh thats a nigger thats not L

>Post yfw this kickstarts the "anime-shit" genre like how Iron-Man made capeshit a yearly thing

What were they thinking?

He looks like a terrorist issuing demands to the west

>"Sup! My name's Light Turner!"

I don't see the big problem with making him black desu. He's supposed to be asian, but I figure if they cast a white guy you'd all be fine with it.

he really should have been asian though.

I don't like it, what he's wearing doesn't feel right for L as a character.

L was a shut in and he hated shoes to the point that he never wore them unless he had to and he NEVER wore socks at any point in the series, even when wearing shoes.

Further, the hoodie and face mask feel like try-hard cool kid shit which L wasn't about at all. Why would L even appear in public wearing a mask that doesn't cover his whole face? He was nuts about not revealing his real identity and most of facial recognition is based around the eyes and forehead.

Long story short, if they were going to have L appear in public he should be wearing a full face mask and no fucking hoodie. The hoodie looks stupid.

For the past few days I believed this was some BLM photo that everyone was just making jokes about.

Why is this happening, how do I stop

WE

That's an islamist.

Niggers can only play the part of slaves.

L isn't asian, he's english.

Like literally, L is english in the manga and anime, he came from england to japan to do the case.

I whole-heartedly look forward to Michael Bay's Evangelion.

You won't see Twitter campaigning against white/blackwashing Asian characters.

AYO HOLUP

oh fuck, that's right. Please ignore my previous statement, because I'm a huge fucking faggot and cannot stop eating cocks.

>He's supposed to be asian
If you haven't read it then shut the fuck up

WE WUS GONNA MAKE NIGGA GREAT AGAIN!

So how will they shoehorn a social agenda in this? I'm guessing he'll have a white love interest

>When asked about L's ethnicity, creator of the series Tsugumi Ohba responded, "I think of him as a quarter Japanese, a quarter English, a quarter Russian, a quarter French or Italian, like that."

>nigger
>giving a public speech
>hiding his face

Why the fuck did they always try to appeal to the wider audience and STILL fail miserably in box office? There's so many examples of that and they just won't learn

Can't they get someone who is at least handsome?

AYO HOL UP
*SMACKS LIPS*
SO U BE SAYIN
DIS BOOK B KILLIN PEOPLE
AND WE FINNA GET DAT NIGGA KIRA

Plot twist he is a L's proxy.

OH MY GOD A MIX OF JAPANESE, ENGLISH, RUSSIAN AND FRENCH THIS CHARACTER IS SERIOUSLY LACKING IN MULTICULTURALISM

AHH YES, A YOUNG AFRICAN MALE, THAT'S MUCH BETTER

Death Note is pretty bad and I don't see the live action adaptation being any sort of improvement.

>made for Netflix movie

What the fuck? Do these have good production values or are they basically made for TV tier?

Good thing I won't be watching this.

Doubt it, they already have announced him as L a while back, along with Light and Misa.

Why can't Hollywood do faithful adaptions?

Is it really that hard?

this scene must be fucking flawless

>we want they watchdawgs audience

>They avoid doing that scene so L isn't seen as a bad guy

Most of the anime studios can't too. What's your point?

Netflix movies and shows have as much quality as any other.
It's usually actually pretty good

>that finger

They have to meet the black male quota with new releases. Wouldn't be surprised if they made Misa lust after him too, you know for "diversity's" sake

Miss him as L yet?

So what, they realized that it would be impossible to get a coon to play a quirky, awkward genius so they make him an edgelord instead? This project was doomed from the word go.

Because a demographic that is barely over 10% of the population needs to be represented as 50%

Whats this garbage

A surprisingly good adaptation

is L autistic?

They are represented in the murder rates.

Nah its garbage, learn to read

L was white.

A pretty good adaption actually. When they did change things up, they changed parts that manga/anime fans would know. For example, having Ray Penbur use a fake name and catch out Light, only for Misa to kill him with the eyes.

Ryuk wont be in the movie cause the director thinks shinigami are too unrealistic

Yet we have a black person stopping crime here rather than commit it

>changing shit into my shit liking would turn it good
Yeah you have shit taste

This is Misa Amane.

Honestly I never cared about all these race swaps they've done in this move because honestly, anyone expecting a hollywood adaptation of a japanese anime/manga series to be faithful in any way is a moron.

However I find it pretty ironic that the people in charge of this impending trainwreck decided to cast white people for all the asian main characters then cast a black guy for the one actually white main character in the entire series.

I just find it really funny, it's like they wanted to piss off both the anti-whitewashing crowd and the anti-black people crowd in addition to the anime and manga fans they're already pissing off by changing the setting from Japan to America.

Like, did they set off specifically to make as many people upset as possible while making this movie? Is this entire movie a massive trolling attempt?

God dammit, Carlos.

This will flop right.

It's a Netflix movie, so it'll probably get points for that alone.

I can totally see Near's boobs.

She's going to be Harley, isn't she

Has there ever been an attempt to make a hollywood adaptation of an anime or manga that didn't flop?

At least they aren't going cinematic, they know they won't get the draw to justify the cost of that.

Never change carlos

More like Light Goldstein.

Jews and niggers. This is gonna be good.

>Japanese live action
>just make them be 3D anime characters

>Hollywood live action
>let's take this interesting concept and adapt in a real life setting

He dresses like a looter at a blacklivesmatter rally

WHAT the FUCK is this SHIT.

nuHarley

She's going to get blacked.

The next Japanese Death Note movie is 10000x more interesting though?

>A sequel to the original DN trilogy of movies
>This time, 6 people get Death Notes, one being a psychopathic girl

>Like, did they set off specifically to make as many people upset as possible while making this movie?

I'm 100% convinced this is the case.

Remember any publicity is good publicity. Movie producers want to drive controversy for these movies because that spreads the word of the movie, which means (hypothetically) that there will be more people who are . Just look at the GITS adaption, how many non-weebs would know that's even in production? There aren't even any trailers/teasers out yet and everyone's talking about these movies. Simply arguing on this imageboard is playing into their game.

By arguing about this "controversy," the movie gets free publicity. Free fucking publicity.

but you'll see a bunch of kissless virgins complain about it on roddit and 4chin, so the outrage cycle can continue regardless

and you filth honestly think you're better than tumblr. you're just SJWs for different causes

>Jew pushing for NWO
What a terribly antisemitic movie :/

more people who are going to watch these movies in the theaters.*

Except that never works.

Or anything that Hollywood decides to "adapt".

I'll never forgive Oldboy.

No, I'm just against live action anime adaptions done by the west. I don't want anime to become capeshit.

>Light Turner was about to shoot up his highschool when he stumbled upon a mysterious notebook...

Is he from urban ISIS or some shit.

>He thought to himself "This will make killing all the bitches who won't go out with me much easier"

i like it
from filthy neet to /fa/ male
i like it

>the book is just page after page of "whitey" scribbled in crayons

Looks like shit desu.

This is going to be so much fun

Is this Lind L. Taylor or the actual L?

Prob L. Hes a nigger so hes not that bright

Who are they even making this film for?

Fans of the original manga/anime? Obviously not, they're shitting all over the character designs.

People who know nothing about it? Oh, there'll be a ball with a black super genius going up against a white super genius in a battle of wits. The premise isn't really eye-catching either.

The politically correct / liberal progressive crowd? Again, they'll be pissed when a FUCKING WHITE MALE outwits the black man and kills him.

No one wins in this.

>blackwashing
Correct antonym for "whitewashing" is "blackshitting".

Is that a Japanese Jon Snow on the right?

It's L's successor and the left one is Kira's.

>6 people with death notes
Sounds crazy enough to try, I guess.
Is that Matsuda in the middle?

As an Asian, I don't complain about the whitewashing/blackwashing of my race. Who the fuck cares? Hollywood hates Asians and that won't change. You won't see me boycotting the Oscars or throwing a tantrum because ScarJo is playing Motoko. It's fucking stupid but not worth sperging over.

What I do complain about is the tumblr SJW's hypocrisy in ignoring this. They'll go to Hell and back in campaigning for proper representation of dindus, but Asians? They don't care. In the end it's all about blacks. So fuck them and fuck BLM and fuck the live action movies. I wish these threads would be removed faster, I want them out of my sight.

Anime live action adaptations should have all asian casts because they capture the aesthetic the best

actually, scratch that, anime live action adaptations should almost never exist.

Nice one bigot

Nah, he's a detective sent to investigate the whole thing.

youtu.be/wUOOYzO3L6c

WE CATCH DAT KIRA NIGGA N SHEEEIT

He certainly looks faggoty enough to succeed Light.

SJWs see Asians as whites, until it's convenient for them.

>live action L

>manga
>three shitty games
>light novel
>THREE live action movies, fourth one incoming (in Japan)
>live action drama
>now a Hollywood live action

When will they finish milking Death Note