What went wrong?

What went wrong?

It couldn't decide whether it should go full KanColle, full K-ON or full Initial D.
In the end went neither

Wanted to make a quick buck on military moe with barely any effort. And it worked.

Hamsters.

They attempted to replicate the huge cast that GuP had but they didn't have Tsutomu Mizushima handling it.

Space rats.

It seems to suffer from similar problems the Kancolle anime had: Not being able to decide what route to take.

And when they tried to do so, it failed horrible.
To me it feels like it was a quick buck for the current military hype.

Horrible direction. C3 at least went from comfy to edgy, Haifuri went from inconsistent to ridiculous.

In particular
>hamsters
>every high school reject is a genius and martial arts
>mike being more useless than the ship's cat

Nothing was wrong Haifuri.
Everything was wrong with the grimderps who expected a "dark and gritty mature show for mature viewers like themselves".
Basically, if you didn't enjoy it because ">muh political intrigue, muh edgy conspiracy", it's your fault because of your shit faggot taste
>OP disliked it
Oh, wait. OP is a faggot. News at 11.

>liked C3
Aaaaand opinion disregarded.

Nothing.

Isn't it like the second best selling show of the season?
You should be asking what went right

>I have the reading comprehension of a six year old

The hamsters was unnecessary for me, I mean it linked the story and why everyone was going crazy but they could have done it in a better way than fucking mutated hamsters.

They failed to make naval battle interesting.
Mind controlling hamster was a mistake.

Blatantly ripping off successful shows to help hide its eventual awfulness.

>what went right
Aniplex's promo dosh.

>Namecalling
>after admiting he liked C3
Pffffft.

ITT: butthurt grimderps complaining that a show that's having good sales was humorous light stuff

The ship sank. Probably because it was old and they were always dodging all those shit.

Hamsters was the best thing I've seen in the last twenty years. I was bored of so many 90's leftovers.

see

>Still can't read.

>The hamsters was unnecessary for me
said the tripfag.
>they could have done it in a better way than fucking mutated hamsters.
You should have realized the hamsters were their mode toindicate you that everything was not serious, right? They WERE necessary.
But for the likes of you, maybe a fucking neon sign would have been better.

But Yuuki Yuuna is a Madoka ripoff.

No S2 yet

No Moka fanservice.

It got a step further. Madoka is about girls violently dying, Yuyu is about girls violently not dying.

I expected Girls und Panzer. Cute girls doing military things, friendship, overcoming adversity with teamwork. While it had some of those, it had weak pacing and characterization that made everything feel a lot more flat.

If anything there was too much constant tension without enough release.

OVA TanuFuri when

Nothing went right.

Complete waste of an interesting setting and shitty writing.
But hey if it sells that's what matters because sales = quality right guys.

>Isn't it like the second best selling show of the season?
No.
So anyway, this show was bad. It was funny to watch how japan went from first episode hype to constantly shitting on it as it went on.

>characterization
But that was great, and its Yoshida's strong point. It was a big cast and you aren't going to have in depth personalities for everyone, but the personalities they had all made sense and more importantly the interactions between all the characters felt really smooth and natural. They all naturally felt like close friends.

That's why Yoshida is my favorite scriptwriter. Nobody can characterize like she can.
Pacing was fine, too. I didn't see any problem with it.

Nothing

L-lewd

>If anything there was too much constant tension without enough release.
See? THAT's a valid criticism, not the one of teh grimderps. I salute you, user. Yours is the first valid criticism for Haifuri ITT.
For me, even if I liked the hamsters for (quoting /k/, of all places) respecting the special kind of balls they needed to use them unironically, the pacing was a bit off. The boning episode (the carnival one) was great, but should have been an OVA. The series would have beneficed from a half-episode more of resolution about the infection menace (leaving only half-episode for bonding scenes, and the rest, as said, for an OVA).
I was wrong: there had been another valid criticism before ITT. "It wasn't direceted by Mizushima". Yep, a better director would have kept better pacing.

Nothing because the only people who hate it are the people who expected it to be grimdark, edgy, or tackle serious themes.

My nigga

walmart GuP for edgelords and fedora tippers

What went right:
1. Finally, seifuku worn by girls who are actual sailors.
2. Nice animation & character designs
3. Well balanced storyline between action & SOL. Not too hurrdark or DEEP, but also not excessively fanservice.

>What went wrong?

Hamsters

This is pretty spot on, I barely knew who anyone was and never cared to dig into finding out. GUP managed to carve out distinct personalities with little time or effort.

>one of the season's most successful shows
>open up with "what went wrong?"
Well, not much.

>excessive tension without release
Agreed. Haifuri felt very similar to Stratos 4 from long ago, which had the same problem.
Military girls under constant pressure with little time for breaks. Then again, RL military is like that.

Their cat was fine too.

I dropped it when the evil hamster was introduced.

Don't tell me the show redeemed itself after that fiasco?

Yeah that's my biggest problem. GuP was smart enough to make each of the crews diferent by giving them something other than being the crew of their tank.
I can't tell who 3/4 of the Harekaze crew are, let alone what part of the ship they belong to.

Absolutely nothing, in fact seeing the massive amounts of butthurt from grimdarkfags who didn't get what they wanted was one of the highlights of last season.
The show was great.

it was all so generic we didn't even get a strong "worst girl" contender, closest we got was trash

mediocre OST, with bad timing to boot

>Initial PT
>race across oceans and atolls in PT-boat beating hydrofoils, speedboat and the like
Fund it.

With JFK?

It didn't have the charm of GaruPan, while aping the form.

In a lot of the fights, they would start by saying "we only have a few of [munition]" then spam about three times that many, and keep in doing that without resupply.

It felt like they were padding like crazy to fill up an idea that went no further than "GaruPan at Sea". The oh-so-funny "we're out of bog-rolls" episode being a prime example.

The background infodump from ep2 should have been in ep1 (stopping that at the "they're using live ammo!")

I can't believe there are people on Sup Forums who still remember space lesbians

Stratos 4 was great.