Name a better RPG anime party than these guys

Name a better RPG anime party than these guys
Protip: you might

They lost their main healer. The mage now has to do all kinds of magic instead of that one thing she's good at. Also nobody is using ranged weapons.

Chillchack's supposedly decent with a bow, but the guy just gives up when it comes to battle.

could you remind me the name please? I always wanna read it but always forget

Given how bad most other RPG world series I doubt you'll find anyone better.

Dungeon Meshi

>Dungeon Meshi
much obliged

I don't think he even has any weapons since he lost his bow in the first chapter.

>Given how bad most other RPG world series
Meshi isn't an RPG world. It's a fantasy world. And there aren't many good fantasy world manga, but there's some.

It doesn't openly discuss game mechanics or their levels, but it's basically Etrian Odyssey. The idea of the dungeon that adventurers flock to, the presence of easily available resurrection magic leading people to have a cavalier attitude toward dying and being revived, this isn't a literary or cinematic fantasy universe, it's a video game universe.

I don't know jack shit about D&D.
Are halflings some sort of hobbit-like creature, or are they a long lived race like elves and dwarves?

Meshi is leagues above Overlord / Shield Hero or others shit mangas taking place in RPG world

That's some chicken or egg bullshit. Etrian Oddyssey and other fantasy RPG's take place in fantasy worlds with game mechanics, because they are games. Without game mechanics, it's just a fantasy world.

Basically just hobbits with a different name for legal reasons.

They're not!hobbits

>tfw no EO anime

It'd just be about some original character assholes that you don't care about, anyway.

Yes but Dungeon Meshi also gives off the vibe that it could just as well be a RPG campaign currently being played by people.
It's not stuck in an MMO because crunch is not discussed but works either way and is fun whether you read it straight or as a narrative representation of a tabletop game.

>that it could just as well be a RPG campaign currently being played by people.
That doesn't mean much. Monster Collection, in my opinion one of the best fantasy manga made, is based on a tabletop campaign as well. That fantastic D&D comic is the same as well.
As long as it doesn't have game mechanics it can't really be called an RPG or Gameworld.

No, fuck off to the Overlord (or similar vidya RPG LN adaptation) threads that I've filtered months ago please.

I swear, when someone starts bring cold hard numbers into their stats without skipping a beat (especially people who wouldn't be in the know of things like MMOs), it just takes me out of the whole world.

That comic was too good for this world.

>We will never learn of Fell's past as a pirate
>We will never see them get on the boat for pirate adventures
>Even if by some miracle they decided to continue it now, the time is passed and the magic is gone, it would surely be much worse.

It's fucking D&D you twit

I will always miss this show.

What direction am I supposed to read this

that one anime where the party had to remove all the elves clothes were pretty good.

those who hunt elves?

>it's a video game universe

It's more pen and paper than video game.

Top to bottom, left to right. Alternatively, pic related.

Is that the name of the show? Damedame & Dragons?

Acronym for the show is ZBL, with L being the name of one of the characters (named after a giant sea monster from the Old Testament).

zettai bouei leviathan

That was needlessly cryptic but I got it, thanks.

I still don't understand how the fuck their scales work.

>3 op as fuck members with unique capability
>Well tuned by a jack of all trades
Find a flaw. Oh wait you can't.

you've heard of plot armour - their scales are fan-service armour, appearing and disappearing for maximum titillation

/thread

>Crusader can't hit the broad side of a 5,000 km wide mountain
>Faggot retarded Cleric who spends more time being a bitch than doing her job
>One-shot cannon that becomes a vulnerable wet noodle for the rest of the day
Kazuma doesn't really have any glaring flaws, aside from being a massive asshole (but that's a positive in comedy shows).
Kind of like DT but with less emphasis on crushing people's balls with a fucking sword trapped in a boulder and the glorious rival squad.

>3 op as fuck members
Found the flaw: Mary sues

And girldicks.

>tank is a masochist that can't attack for shit
>healer is a retard
>mage is a literal one spell and dead

>Lelouch as a tranny

>Tank crusader with taunt skill
>Faggot retarded Cleric being huge mana reservoir
>One-shot cannon = last-hit cannon
With tricks they could even slay an archduke so there's that.

>Mary sues
Pretty sure that they are not insufferable though.

>Kazuma doesn't really have any glaring flaws, aside from being a massive asshole (but that's a positive in comedy shows).
Sure he does. He can't fight any monster on his own, and can only sneak and hide. Those three literally carry him all the way. Most of his plans are really straight forward that anyone should be able to come up with. Such as Aqua taking out the shield of the Destroyer, blasting it with Explosion magic, teleporting the melting core (which Wiz came up with, he just said he would be the one responsible), and then hitting it with some more explosion damage. Since Aqua can read moonrunes, he isnt even needed for the "ancient texts". All he does is bitch and moan.

>taunt
>Most intellegent enemies are too disgusted to even hit her because she is already moaning at the thought of getting burtally beaten up.

Never seen the show, but the way user described it makes them seem like Mary Sue Squadron # 333: "We are DnD" edition

Well it is a parody, so you shouldn't take it serious. The three girls are extremely powerful, but they have fundamental flaws that fuck up shit all the time.

Here

>Why you do dis? Now noodles errywhere!
>At least kick own ass out door!

>started reading it just now
>holly shit this is amazing
>get to the second part
>tfw there is a chapter on orcs
>oh god they are gonna eat orcs
I'm scared and fascinated, this is the best comic I've ever read

>>oh god they are gonna eat orcs

this transported to another world should have more characters like this. They make this genre actually enjoyable.

Comedies with asshole MCs are the best.

I fucking died. You can't make this shit up.

Because he's a wandering swordsman!

Probably ain't hard. These crazy fuckers make it through by the skin of their teeth.

I'd watch a series based on this.

RIP Laios' leg

>Loses pretty much every fight he gets into
>Is a shit swordsman
>Discovers he has OP magic skills
>Still decides to be a swordsman instead of a wizard or swordmage
God why did I put myself through that show

>Clichéd tripe that never happened: the long-ass overrated post

No thanks.

Right here.

Battle Pokari > *

Fuck, now I gotta read Agata's stuff again

It's a pretty enjoyable anime. The flaws that mentioned causes them to fuck up every time on everything and after the end of S1 they're still in the beginner's town.
The MC also steals the legendary weapon of another hero who was also sent to this isekai from earth and the MC proceeds to sell the legendary weapon, fucking the entire town over when an almost unbeatable entity appears.

A mixture of unintentionally amusing and dude looks like a lady

This looks kind of funny, what is it? Any good?

>Etrian Odyssey
More closer to Wizardry and Dungeon Master, both games that EO took inspiration from. That being said the way this plays out is less "video game logic" and more "fantasy conventions".

Resurrection is also interesting because it has the same failure rate as in the early wizardry games, but it lacks any "video-gameyness" like it would in other series because of how uncommon it is.

If their tank is letting mage take damage, he's incompetent. If you can't keep aggro up, stay out of dungeons.

Hah, what is this?

NEVERMIND

For a bunch of hybrids, they're all pretty well rounded.

Yozuru is a monk who dabbles in a little magic, at the very least one power for helping her kill immortals and another for creating a zone of silence.
Kaiki is a debuffer who inflicts statuses and has a pretty sweet speed stat.
Tadatsuru knows at least one knock-out spell, one puppetry spell, a bunch of origami spells and from how Yozuru talks about him, he's pretty close to being her equal.
Gaen brings the sword skills, weapon modification, long-term plans and summoning.
Oshino is just a straight all-rounder, taking cues from every other person in his group sharing his love of plans fwith Gaen, his knockout spell with Tadatsuru, his monk skills with Yozuru and his charm usage with Kaiki.

Yozuru is a min/maxer isn't she? Even willingly took on a curse as her monk's vow to gain some extra points?

I'm not 100% clear on that series' backstory but she CHOOSES not to touch the ground, right?

He's generally good with projectile weapons, because of his high dex and agi.

inb4 explosion memegumin.

There's another anime where the party has to strip elves?

DT was an awful show, it gave more headaches than laughs. They overplayed their shitty jokes way too much, unlike Konosuba, where the jokes were actually funny and non repetitive.

My sides!