ITT

Arguments for social media

It doesn't look good lads

I deleted most of my social media accounts last week. Facebook is the worst

Facebook and twitter have made me realize that almost every person I know is an insufferable cunt. Actually bad people. Loud, overly opinionated, rude, bitter, desperate for attention, and completely shameless.

People make me sick. If somebody is active on Facebook, they are probably a piece of shit. Any decent person I know is not on there

Depends on the site.

YouTube commenting is pestering creators, minds is empty, twitter isn't bad but I still can't figure it out. Facebook is either extremely personalised or close to stalking, keep it for verification reasons only.

I'm somewhere anonymous for a reason you know.

Only correct answer.
4 years Facebook free.
I can't imagine getting through last year's election intact had I been on there.

>tfw I still post on Myspace
>No one on my friends list cares

yeah i only keep fb so i can talk to my mom and as a side effect watch my brother and cousins spout off about liberal bullshit while i sit there and think WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU MORONS THINKING!!!

i wish you could get rid of the trending box.....

>never had any social media account
fucking normies get out

>last week

about seven years late there mate

There are none. It's 100% propaganda. Submitting your information to the kikes who will definitely use it against you if you step out of line. Encouraging people to behave as a herd instead of forming their own opinions. Delet now if you haven't already.

Goddammit, I just posted a thread about a similar topic here. My biggest problem with social media are the profits derived from it.

>ever having a facebook

Made one, posted two pictures. Deleted it. Problem is, people could still tag me. It's the true Faustian Bargain for attention.

You should be as equally as mad with the people who aren't content with peace and quiet.

I put mine to sleep in 2008 when I graduated college

most fags on here don't know about the glory days around 2005 when you needed an active college email to sign up

it was dead to me once my 80 year old great aunt attempted to add me as a friend

Used to use mocospace for easy pussy but it is like 99% trannies now.

This.

The only reason I have FB is to keep in touch with old friends and relations.

other than that it is a cesspool of drama queens, losers, and political fanatics who post 24/7

I left during brexit campaigning. Unbearable. Also the sheer amount of anti-white shit being posted by people and getting 100 likes. Fucking crazy and insufferable

It's like that here in America too

What the fuck is going on. Social media is like 70% just anti-white shit.

Except Instagram. Just cool landscape shots and women shaking their asses.

Black pigeon speaks made a video about Facebook the other day

He said that "Facebook has a way of making whatever anybody posts look really bad". He's totally right. No matter what anybody says or does on there, it makes them look bad.

That was one reason I deleted mine

based landscape ass-shake instagram poster

reactivated my favebook cause im bored amd want to join groups.

holy shit it makes me feel like i missed out on life. feel shitty because everyone got theirs and settled down.

everything sucks. its all sharing links and fitness and baby pics

you've had one

I remember when a friend showed me Myspace and I told him keeping of with people's gay ass shit was the last thing I want to waste my time on.

I don't know where he is now.

I don't remember since how long I've left Facebook. I don't think it's over than 4 years, though.

Kinda thinking about social medias these days because I wanna bang.

apparently I have a fetish for grown ladies in diapers

who knew?

If you don't have their phone numbers that means the relationship is not strong enough and worthy of keeping, DESU

Precisely. I am targeting myself.

this. every roastie at work who is constnaly on FB is a huge cunt

facebook is a big pissing contest. everyone is trying to make each other believe their life is so great when really its all been fabricated just for virtual internet points. (likes)

never had any social media even though I'm online since 99'

Facebook has become a liberal echo chamber and a place for people to brag about their holidays. Zucc has cashed out, that should tell you everything you need to know about facebooks future.

>20 years old never hade facebook or any social media
>my job tells me I have to get it
>think fuck it and dont get it for a while
>boss tells me get facebook soon or your fired
>finally get it, and literally never use it, exept messenger
>check my "wall" every now and then
>just jam packed with virtue signaling and liberal propaganda
>realise they are quite literally filling in the blanks with propaganda since I dont have alot of friends on Facebook nor do I subscribe to anything so people I have never heard of appear on my wall and bitch about muh opression and gun control like wtf

>workplace full of drones staring at their phone all day
>university lectures full of drones staring at their phone all day
>public places full of drones staring at their phone all day
>people unable to talk with each other without interrupting whatever they are doing on their phone

there's a reason for that, user. on social media sites and apps people only post their nicest photos or only post about the good things that happen to them

looking at someone's profile you're getting an extremely skewed view of their life. don't compare it to your own.

If you aren't on facebook or twitter in order to put a voice and argument across during elections then you are a weak willed. I hate the platforms but dive fully into the swamp election times in order to put forward an opposing view so people can see that there isn't consensus.

i should measure the amount of high people get off of facebook likes and sell it.
or make a cryptocoin for facebook likes ans turn it into money for amazon to take.

I mean, does it matter that much? People don't seem to change their minds from Facebook posts

>If somebody is active on Facebook, they are probably a piece of shit.
How should I tell people they are fuckin stupid without facebook?
It is important for them to know.

> 2017
> i deleted facebook last week
underage cuckboi

I disagree. Sometimes ten years might pass and people have switched phones a few times. Then, you'll be in an old friend's city with no way to get in touch. Also, FB is good for sharing pictures for grandmas, aunts and cousins.

Vart jobbar du kompis?

That's it's only useful aspect imo. All the, I keep up with friends/family meme is a damn lie

>deletes facebook
>still getting shilled on the daily here on the chans

making me laff boyos

this is all shit because everyone that has one is shit Fpbp

Facebook is cancer but thankfully no one on my FB is the kind to virtue signal or anything like that and they're mostly friends and family and people in my community and they're all working class folk who don't give a fuck about refugees or politics or any of that shite but nevertheless I hate Facebook and am deleting it soon as soon as I unlike everything and delete everything on it.

Best thing I have ever done. I feel free from judging eyes simply for existing.

Social media is cancer.

there's really something about the overwhelming nature of social media that's causing people to lose their fucking minds–and you can't even notice this in person! in fact, there's not much you can notice in person anymore. people are glued to their phones, it's actually crazy how many hours people, especially women, put into this shit.

it's like... remember over a decade ago when people who played vidya would adopt like an online personality different from their IRL one? like you'd LARP as some edgy demonlord or whatever in an MMO, and no one really gave a shit etc. now these days people see that as cringe, and it's generally expected to act "normal" online...

the weird bit is that there's still a huge dichotomy between irl and online, except now real life personality has degenerated to empty faces and hollow conversation, constantly looking at their phones, and online has those same people trying to be as exciting and unique as possible.

it shows up in the most random ways, too. remember when people used to have numbers in their names in vidya? well unless it's some kind of meme, people look down on that shit now. as if it's somehow humourous to not have a "unique" name–for a fucking video game!

idk where i was going with this but there's some kind of sickness in society.

>Germany.
>As if you people weren't socially inept before smart phones.

You'd be surprised, 99% of people don't have much in the way of independent thought or interest in politics and will purely go with what they have heard recently. If they have heard confusion and argument they likely won't vote, whereas otherwise they would just vote left thanks to media and social media.

Also those who are politically active and left wing are without fail braindead and incapable of logical reasoning, so when arguing with them they get beaten silly and resort to ad hominems and swearing/blocking. The arguments get a lot of attention from most users who like to watch and they see how unpleasant the left wing proponents are and how weak their base. It turns them away from them to a significant degree. Although again it's more likely to end with them not voting rather than voting right.

The main rule is that of course you will beat the left in the argument, that's not the aim it's to appeal to those watching and keeping a respectable front. Make them think of the issues and what makes sense themselves. It might be social suicide but i'm happily married and have a good job so i really don't give a shit and i get lots of private messages supporting me each time.

Future generations are really gonna look at this time and laugh I think.

Everyone that doesn't upload twenty pictures, fills out every single profile option and doesn't list his last three jobs will only be dismissed as a fake account.

What job do you have that requires you to have a Facebook?

that is because your turkish. turkish people do not spend their time on the internet. they spend their time burning garbage, fucking eachtoher in the ass and harrassing tourists.

Well i use my main account that i have had from years ago when i did use facebook properly. If it has your name and the people on it are acquaintances then there's no issue.

I honestly do not think that receding from public spaces just because they have become noxious is an effective means to change, it's just surrender.

don't forget that taking your own picture was seen as pathetic and pretentious but now they labeled it as a "selfie" and everyone is doing it. people wouldn't share their pictures with strangers and now they're all posting it everywhere. social media turned all women into attention seeking whores

Pretty much this, there's almost no reason to go on it. It's just for mentally ill narcissists and old ladies who like to scrapbook

Anyone who uses Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the like is a literal cuck and actively contributing to their own degeneration and that of Western society.
This is truth, and any other position on the matter is mental gymnastics performed by brainlets trying to justify their use.

I have literally never had a social media account on any platform. I've only been coming on Sup Forums since 2008.

What in the actual fuck?
What's your job?

I think he is lying desu you can't fire someone for not using facebook that would be against the law.

Also 4 yrs free of all social media because of cunts. I have a LinkedIn for muh work and 10 yrs of mostly lurking on here

That is nowhere near the limit of bizarre. People now use snapchat filters that "comically beautify" your face very obviously and use them to upload videos and messages. At first they were likely intended as just a joke effect, but now people just put them on for normal use. Everyone knows it's fake and provides a massively distorted and edited view of your face but they still use them because it makes them look better.

Secondly doing things like taking series of photos in different outfits on holiday that you can co-ordinate to upload throughout the year to make it appear as if you are taking several different holidays are also coming into popularity.

what's the matter kankerpaste? you got cucked by some diaspora animal we sent to your degenerate country? don't worry, it's pretty normal in europe now thanks to kikes

Hmm... maybe

I'm not sure. Leaving Facebook will make it die sooner, but convincing the masses is also important...

>tfw I've never had a Facebook account
>tfw I've never had a Twitter account
No fucks given

The internet transforms people?

Internet delusion syndrome?

Are MySpace, Twitter and SMS better?

I can't imagine how these normies will fuck themselves when we enter the transhumanism age

I think only solution is to buy a nice piece of land away from cities and live there when it all becomes unbearable

swedes really have it too easy

Facebook will die if it becomes an unpleasant place to be for most people and vicious political arguments, people blocking each other and constant reporting of posts will do just that.

Otherwise just becoming active once or twice a year around being events isn't sustaining facebook in any meaningful way to them. I'm not saying sign up to fb at all - but if you have it you do more good being a stick in the spokes than you do leaving.

this

> land away from cities
Won't be a thing eventually. However in our i do fully intend to move out to the countryside when i have saved enough money and spend my time hunting and walking my dog.

In an At-will employment state, you can be fired because you exist.
As for why? Because they feel that you can be kept tabs on that way.
Some bosses tried to get access to employee facebook accounts under similar threats, to see what private stuff may be hidden so they can 'know you better' and to make sure you don't bitch about them/have anything they can hold over you.
The more the know, the more they can fuck you over.

I only use Instagram & artstation to upload artwork as an online portfolio. The only time im on normie social media is when i upload something which is like once or twice a month.

Had a Facebook when it first came out, and deleted it not long after as i never used it.
I dont even own a smartphone and never have,

Anyone else not have a smartphone?

You realize all social media does is put a flash light on the degeneracy that was always there.

Technically no because i broke mine in the gym but they are extraordinarily useful. Regardless of social media being able to have a portable computer, use the internet, emails, watch videos, listen to music, get directions, etc is amazingly useful.

It's a pointlessly luddite position to avoid them.

Same. Never had a smart phone thus far.

neither of those are the real crazy bit. here's one for you both to think about:

these days, people are more willing to give out and add you on social media than they are with their mobile phone numbers. phone numbers, which used to be the only real way to communicate, were rather easy to get off people if you both wanted to connect further.

email didn't change this, email never really kicked off desu. it's become staple for business for ages now, but besides chainmails, not one ever really "connected" with email. it wasn't until aol/msn/skype that people started really moving away from mobile phone numbers.

however, mobile phones and instant messengers are rather the same deal. the medium of communication changed, but the method was rather the same.

in 2017 (and for the last few years), getting someone's facebook, snapchat, IG etc is faaar easier than getting their email, phone number or even skype name. people are extremely willing to give out practically all their personal information, photographs, list of people they know and communicate with often, list of places they've been etc than they are to part ways with a way to privately communicate.

and desu i think i know the reason, despite how fucking petty it sounds. people literally care more about adding to their follow/friend count than they are about protecting their information. it's fucking stupid, but hey, all for them internet points.

it's also why people on reddit all try stick with whatever the accepted view on the subreddit is, they want their internet points to go up.

pathetic.

I'm an oldfag who realized that social media was absolute faggotry back in the late 80s when I had a Prodigy account. Back then a dial-up BBS called Roy's Place (618) filled the role in my shitty life that Sup Forums does now. To this day I have never used twitter, fagbook, or anything that could be called social media.

Let them have their hugbox, user.

Facebook is incapable of dealing with any philosophy short of non-humanitarian principals.

They certainly compound the issue by making it first visible, then normal, then acceptable and then desirable. Normal people don't make ethical frameworks and moral principles on their own and rely on consensus: when things are visible they fall into them.

So the visibility of people constantly partying and sleeping around has made more people prone to it. Then you have things like tinder which facilitate it. Sure those who have internal moral worth and strength will withstand it - and you will be better able to discern these people now. However it still has a damaging societal effect.

I wouldn't ever ban social media because i believe the damage is the result of censorship in the form of criticism, statistics etc.

I miss ICQ

Use code monkey?

Fpbp

Well phone numbers are perhaps more intrusive and intimate. A facebook friend can only interact when you log on and check, you can even see they've sent something and decide whether to address it now or never. Whereas with a phone they can directly call you and people reserve their phone numbers such that they are likely to answer immediately, which would be uncomfortable if it was someone they didn't know too well.

The fact that facebook contains FAR more information than a number is certainly something odd in the attitude, but the format is designed to mass manage people where a phone isn't.

2nd this notion. The only reason women weren't taking pictures of their tits and men taking pictures of their cocks in the year 1500 was because the technology didn't exist. The guy who invented the camera probably took a picture of his dick on the first day.

Some neckbeard probably stroked it to pic related 500 years ago.

>They certainly compound the issue by making it first visible, then normal, then acceptable and then desirable. Normal people don't make ethical frameworks and moral principles on their own and rely on consensus: when things are visible they fall into them.

we have a winner

It's really hard to find young women who are not taking the social media seriously. When i open social media like fb i only see women trying to sell their bodies to the best male out there. It's like a red light district.
Seriously disgusting

>Humanism
>Cockroach
Kek

we where quite direct in our autism at least.
it used to be a thing to stare at people in public transport for example. shit was fun. whoever looks away first looses obviously. cant do that anymore

One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of instagram models are genuinely prostitutes. They get a trivial amount of money through advertising but the second you see them posting repeated holiday photos to different continents without group shots with friends or partners you can guarantee they are there as prostitutes and that is what is funding their lifestyle.

The sad thing is that they omit that information for obvious reasons and girls watching wonder why they don't have that life. Same with boys and roided up celebrities and they wonder why they don't look like that despite working out 6 times a week.

Is she sending her bf a snapchat of her cheating with his brother?

this, i knew from the get go it was bad, had one like 6 years ago (when it was just kicking off) to talk to the grill i liked but I deleted it as soon as I got rejected kek

Boomers of ALL people should NOT be allowed to use social media, whatever the circumstances

Butthurt demon lord detected

Facebook is useful for two things (until there's a better alternative):
Messenger and the calendar/events function.

>Anyone else not have a smartphone?
I have a sneaking suspicion that my phone might be able to access the internet in some way, but I wouldn't dream of using it for that. I don't know what 90% of the applications on the phone do, and am happy to keep it that way. For me, the functions of the phone haven't changed since 1930, except for the added convenience of a clock and wake up alarm.

> spain
> needing an alarm or a clock
Doesn't the local EU funded benefits office just have a citywide bell?

Haha, I'm self employed and would go to the office far later than I do in the morning were it not for the fact that I have to walk the kids to school at 8:50.

That's a nice observation and probably true.
Also it's a public secret thant if you want to be a model you need to suck some wrinkled old rich men's balls.
Model's carriers depends on how much power did the rich man that they sucked have. Those who you see on TV sucked some big papa dick,

>Grill I liked
Argentine. Checks out.