Why is there no /manga/ board yet?

Why is there no /manga/ board yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=7054
strawpoll.me/10717149
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just finished reading this up to vol 9 , is there a english translation for vol 10 yet ?

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=7054

Nope, and nothing for nearly a year

If you really haven't seen the same arguments over this rehashed a dozen times at least, you're too new to be asking for changes.

I also would rather keep Hanazawafags out of any potential manga board. They tend to be the worst kind of mangafag.

This depends on what the proportion of people who visit Sup Forums primarily for manga is.

Could we have a poll?

strawpoll.me/10717149

fuck off to reddit with your botnet shit

>designs
Even if we did split, you'd still have no one to talk to because 99% of people on it wouldn't know moon.

I don't know moon either; I just like using Igarashi Daisuke double spreads for wallpapers.

It's never happening but it would be nice to have threads for more niche stuff, like actual BL.
Still the lack of moonspeakers would be a problem.

>actual BL
You would be bullied into a general at best and forced off the board at worst.

>bullied into a general
But that's exactly what I want. BL isn't really action packed, you don't need a whole thread for a single series. A days-long general where we could discuss several series would be ideal.

Can you not discuss BL in the homo threads? Do they kick you out if it's not H or something?

I think that board would be shit insanely fast. Not enough people providing raws of new manga, so the whole board is old manga and people arguing about muh seinen from the 90s vs everything else. Its like One Page Threads except the entire board

Anime holds Sup Forums together, either by laughing at bad adaptions or the 1-2 anime a year that most people watch and talk about.

>the 1-2 anime a year that most people watch and talk about
Where the fuck did you come from?

You can, but nobody cares. People in them don't read BL.
It's just about husbando wars, shipping, and homolust.

The other day I stumbled into a yuri thread and people were actually discussing all sorts of yuri manga in it. I can only dream of something like that ever happening.

Because fuck off.

Rather than raws being a problem, I don't think there would even be enough people who could read them. With that and lack of raws it would have to thrive on scanlations.

I think it would be doable but incredibly slow. Mostly filled with generals for each separate series that last weeks/months.

>17 votes
>none for primarily anime
I think we can safely say that this poll/thread is a skewed representation and not useful, because that's clearly a bullshit result.

I never watch anime since its mostly LN adaptions of stuff I don't care about, or manga adaptions I don't care about, or butchering an adaption of something I might/do like. Then original shows which are usually hit or miss in a few different ways. I am on Sup Forums to lurk and occasionally make threads when monthly series finally updates.

True but most people can skim raws and generally know what is going on because of the character reactions, past chapters already giving the story arc structure, and kinda general shit you learn from reading enough.

Obviously it's of the demographic that's interested in manga (in a thread about a /manga/ board), but it's still useful measuring how many of those people also visit Sup Forums for anime.

No, it is a good reprehension of people who aren't newfags. Most people who have been here for any amount of time generally come here for both anime and manga. Anyone who asks for a /manga/ board is either retarded or new because its literally chopping the board in half in multiple ways.

>half
More like 1/3rd.

No, it would be half.

>anime and manga

>I think it would be doable but incredibly slow
Sup Forums has the problem of being too fast for any sustained discussion of less-popular works.

A manga exclusive board does sound like it would be way too slow though.

Because traffic is low enough on Sup Forums

Hello /manga/, I just caught up with Dorohedoro. Hayashida Q will make a special epilogue detailing how every couple's first time thus freeing us from the constant plot stopping cockteasing, right? Right?

Biggest issue I see is mission overlap. Where does a thread go for a currently airing anime based on a manga, especially when people are discussing current events from the manga?

>for both
They read some manga, of course, but I do not for an instant believe that under 50% of Sup Forums are significantly more into anime than they are manga, let alone the fucking 7% the poll currently shows or 0% it showed when that guy posted. I mean, you have plenty of people who watch a dozen or more shows a season (I get the feeling a lot start with 20+ and then drop some), and when you make a thread for mangafags you get a bunch of people talking about the just five-to-ten ongoing series they follow.

Honestly, with how broad manga is and how irrelevant the vast vast majority of things are, a slower board would only have limited benefits - the threads will stay up longer, but many of them would probably still not get any attention even if they were up for a full day, because there's simply no one reading/interested in the thing.

Why? Manga gets adapted into anime quite often.

>True but most people can skim raws and generally know what is going on because of the character reactions, past chapters already giving the story arc structure, and kinda general shit you learn from reading enough.
Not really. They can skim a single chapter of raws and get the basic developments, but no one (or barely anyone) is going to be going through entire new series in raw form without understanding them, that's just ridiculous. Even the single chapter shit is only really applicable to fairly formulaic/predictable series.