Why are Americans so obsessed with the constitution?

It's a 300 year old document written by a bunch of guys living in an entirely different world. It's totally outdated. Example: 2nd Amendment. Who cares how many people die, look what this ink from 300 years ago says!

Because even though the founders themselves said that it should be changed every ~100 years, the same people that say "gun laws would never work because people would just ignore them" vehemently defend this law because it allows them to have guns.

Its kind of a stupid question, actually a very stupid question to ask people

a) why do they obsess about their rights (or the document that defines their rights

b) why people are obsessed with law and order

It doesnt matter for how long someone has the right to breath, 300 years or less, they only want to know if they will continue to be able to do so in future

hate to tell you user, but you are a fucking idiot

rephrase your question

/thread

I guess we have a right to own guns but we will never have the right to not get shot? Sounds pretty stupid

oh wow it's another constitutional scholar who thinks the constitution is total shit except for everything that isn't the 2nd amendment

what a unique and nuanced viewpoint, very different from simply saying "ban all the guns", highly intellectual post, I have subscribed to your newsletter :))

>Because even though the founders themselves said that it should be changed every ~100 years

What did he mean by this?

Because it's what we fall back to when the government screws up an Isis Fast And Furious gun deal and 59 normies get kilt.

The government needs to be held accountable for their actions and the constitution is how we do it.

>Who cares how many people die
The tree of liberty requires blood. You cannot prevent tragedy by sacrificing liberty anyways. Anyone that promises that as being feasible is a poor liar.

230 years, not 300 fucking mongoloid

Go suck a dick, you cuckolded fucking faggot.

>we have a right to own guns
>right to not get shot?
Same amendment you daft twat. You have the right to own guns, so that if anyone attempts to shoot you, you can shoot them.

Who else has the responsibility to protect you from other except you? The government doesn't live with you and cannot guarantee your safety. It doesn't even have the direct incentive to do so either. If Police were legally MANDATED to protect your life with theirs that would make them your chattel slaves and would value your right to life above theirs.

>implying that shooting someone who shot you is the same as not getting shot
Jesus Christ, I don't know what to say to you.

Oh, look… another shitpost from OFA.

>look what this ink from 300 years ago says!
>300 years ago
>300 years
>300
>300
this nigger OP can't even count.

Shooting someone unprovoked is already illegal, retardus maximus. However, people still do it, so what makes you think illegalizing the right to stop someone from taking your life is going to stop that same person from having the means to do it anyway?

It's an ENTIRE WORLD-VIEW you fucking idiot. It's how we see our position as a sentient creature on Earth. No government should be allowed to tell a creature born into this mess that they can't have a device of our time that is capable of force equalization. It's fucking retarded the rest of the world disarmed itself and now is 100% at the mercy of their governments to not be mean to them.
Looking at history, the natural state of man is war. The relative calm and "peace" (yah vietnam/the gulf/afghanistan is still considered peace apparently) after WWII is a STATISTICAL ANOMAL Y. We've banned guns in most places in the last 70 years. That's a hilariously tiny blip of time. To think we won't need citizens armed against tyranny from here on out is FUCKING RETARDED.

>I don't understand what a deterrent effect is
How do the police manage to subdue criminals without firing their guns? Why with the threat of lethal force from same item.

Because it's the highest law in the land. To undermind it would be to undermind the American people and American society.
Next question.

Cuz they are a bunch of losers that couldn't make it in their native lands. And they know it. No history, no honour, no culture, no nothing. So they have to go "muh constitution" all the god fucking damn time.

Try telling that to people who've saved their own skins and that of their fellow man by shooting back.

It's my religious right to do so :^)

>No history, no honour, no culture
Except for the Constitution, which could be argued as being all three of those things.

it is the analysis of how tyranny arises through ordinary human psychology, and the recipe to prevent such tyranny - checks and balances and equal division of power.

yet conservatives keep trying to eliminate all liberal opposition believing everything would be fine if only they had all the power, which they do now. hahahahahahah

That's rich coming from a swede, who's culture and history are being erased by the lowest forms of third world migrants.

>Cuz they are a bunch of losers that couldn't make it in their native lands

Sven I...

if you don't like the constitution, then why are you still in america? gtfo

pic related: *confused black girl*

What a retarded take.
If your opposition is trying to "eliminate" you - then you have to equalize their efforts by trying to "eliminate" them. Which would create said balance.
Do you even think? "hahahahahahah"

Agree, but considering most of them also believe in god, you get an idea of the level of intellectual penury is the US.
MAH GUNS. MAH RIGHTS. MAH CUNTRY BLESSED BY GED.

You should also have the right to live forever.

>So what makes you think illegalizing the right to stop someone from taking your life is going to stop that same person from having the means to do it anyway?
If they can find a way to get the gun to attack me I can find a way to get a gun to defend myself. It goes both ways.

>implying the presence of laws does not deter criminals

Who? The police?

>No history, no honour, no culture, no nothing.
t. Swedecuckistan

The French won't exist in 100 years.
Lets see which of our strategies is better suited for survival.

>Sweden whining to us that we have no culture
I can understand why you'd be bitter, considering you destroyed yours.

Because the constitution is in its purest essence a document that identifies power always corrupts, and everything inside that document are measures to place checks on that corruption.

A country founded by people who had the explicit knowledge that power always corrupts and put in place things to counter act this power creep had never been done because we had a new country.

It is really an amazing document when you get past the forced contrived USA USA USA rah rah rah horseshit that Fox news peddles

Well there's the stupidest thing I've read today.

Guns is the first thing they take away.After that they censor tv, video games, the news, books, every dissenting opinion

These threads always amuse me when you see people from countries that are literally being overtaken by 3rd world migrants by the minute.

Exactly. We aren't subjects in the United States. That's the whole fucking point. We're all Kangz of our houses. There is no one above us. All authority derives from our will. That's the theory.

You do realize that the Constitution of the inevitable Sixth Republic will be written by devout muslims

>outdated
its got a mechanism that allows it to be continuously updated and changed, and has been used 26 times already.

A lot of anti-gun rhetoric is shameless propaganda

god tier bait

Thanks for your input, Ahmed.

Why are Americans obsessed with the US Code, it’s just words on paper? Why are Americans obsessed with US Supreme Court decisions, they’re just words on paper?

SHALL

We've changed it nearly 30 times

Why are you a faggot?

And it worked out pretty great to do so. So why not change it again, when it is relevant to do so?

With guns. Yes, they did.

300 years is a flea fart in the wind, newfag.

>we will never have the right to not get shot?
risk is part of life, act like an ass and your chance of injury goes up, this includes committing violent crime as well as supporting philosophies that promote institutionalized slavery, like leftist communism for instance.

we wouldn't want slaves having guns, only the law should have them, those lawmen we hate for shooting minorities, we only want them to be armed.

It's the greatest document on governance that's ever been written. The founding fathers guaranteed the right to rebellion in ink for people who couldn't even read it. That's part of what makes them great men. No jewery in that thing.

wait until 2000 years, and the question will be the same as questioning the sky daddy in religion right now.

>And it worked out pretty great to do so.
Most amendments suck
>Lowering voting age
>letting women vote
>Banning Alcohol
>Unbanning Alcohol
>Allowing income tax
>Letting niggers vote
>Letting niggers be citizens
>Banning Slavery

What a bunch of retarded shit!

>guy with a knife/gun/ect bust in your home
>shoot that person
>everything is well

Only retards think it's wrong to kill someone who is about to kill you.

We made these so we wouldn't become faggot ass Brits and live under a kang. Any bong telling us how to live needs to be shot in the fucking face

sage
>sage

Allow me to distribute my chose shaped turns to all of you

Easy, because americans are stupid fat burgers?

>1 post by this ID

come on guys

Who cares, you and I will be dead. Life is not only about being strong and dominate others, what are you, 10 ?

You do realize your irrational fear of others requires professionnal mental help ?

>>implying the presence of laws does not deter criminals
It doesn't. It's the implied violence behind the enforcement of same laws that is the deterrent. Do you think criminals are deterred by laws written on paper? No, they are deterred by the physical threat to their lives that would happen in response to their criminal actions.

The USA was founded on the principles of the Constitution. Those principles have created the greatest and most free country in the world.

Dont fix it if it aint broke.

>Why are snowflakes so obsessed with Americans having a constitution?

yea there are 5 of these threads going

The constitution is the Fabric of American Existence (next to the bill of rights). If we lose these things we cease to become the United States of America. It's like a church without a bible.

Without it we would be no better than any of you hyper-authoritarian anti free speech Europeans.

>Have 2nd Amendment
Afraid of immigrant
>Have 2nd Amendment
Can't even lock her up
>Have 2nd Amendment
Still claiming its the deep state/cia/jews fault

>It doesn't. It's the implied violence behind the enforcement of same laws that is the deterrent.
Prove it. Give me a shred of evidence that this is true.

That's just the way the real world functions.

Oh shit, nothing? Nothing at all? What a well supported argument you have there.

No, give me proof. Evidence. A study, some data, anything. Has anyone even asked the question you're addressing?

The very fact that they break laws in the first place means they respect actual paper law very little, but for example in Las Vegas, the man killed himself as the police barged in. Why do you think this was?

Quit dodging the question. Is there any real evidence that the implied violence behind enforcement and NOT the law itself is the deterrent.

How can you tell that someone is going to respect the law until the moment they don't? You can't, except in the few circumstances where EVIDENCE that the person is unwilling to follow the law exists.

You have to back, little dreamer.

How can you not know the history of the fucking US Constitution? I know it and I've never set foot in the place.

>outdated

nice meme

liberals "new modern" ideology has destroyed us completely. white people are sterile and decadent.

so much for the myth of modern people being smarter. just a bunch of arrogant pricks.

Are you literally retarded?

Let me guess if your getting shot at, knifed, ran over by the truck of peace your gonna be calling the police and waiting dead till they get there in 15 minutes?

the constitution is what the states agreed upon. if it is thrown out, then so too is the agreement between the states for submission to authority of the federal government. a new agreement would have to be ratified by the participating states and a new america would result (this will never happen without violence)

Then leave.
You're not welcome in America.

This. We need an amendment that makes it illegal to shoot people

Because the constitution is a law guaranteeing our rights. Seriously, your question is no different than saying "why are you Americans so obsessed with rights". The constitution can be amended or added to, but it's a lengthy process, as it should be.

Our rights don't stop at your personal feelings. Rights come with risk, but the scale of potential risk without them being guaranteed is far too great a threat towards human rights vs those in power that seek to take them away.

Once the constitution goes, our guarantee as a free people becomes subject to those in power. The constitution is your guarantee to being free. Why the fuck would anyone consciously agree to being less free, faggot?

>the constitution cannot change in any way
>the rights that people fought and died for should become null and void after some arbitrary period of time because I said so

Riiiiiightttt. Because in the past 300 years no communist dictatorships have ever attempted to oppresses and enslave their own unarmed, defenseless populations.

By the way, the Constitution's Bill of Rights didn't create any Rights, it only guaranteed the government would not infringe them. These Rights existed long before and are in fact natural Rights. They belong to the people, not the government.

the fact that the left has been so demoralized and brainwashed into thinking that the removal of a binding guarantee to rights and freedom are a bad thing, tells you how mentally insufficient the left truly is. These people literally believe you have no rights outside of whomever they approve of in power feels you should have. It's clinically insane.

You don't have "the right to own guns". Maybe you should at least read the bill of rights first before deciding to post, it's like one page, or are you that incompetent?

>entirely different world

If you think the world is so drastically different today than it was 300 years ago, it belies your age and chosen path of education.

Also, gtfo reddit shill. Your parents wanted you to give them grandchildren and a cute wife, not for you to become some JIDF basement soldier.

fun fact: the 14th amendment was to protect the freed slaves and their descendants, not anchor babies

REPEAL THE 14TH

That old ass document is what makes the difference between America and everywhere else. American society is young, and it's essentially an experiment to see how a society would go based on these principles. It apparently worked, seeing as 300 years was all it took to become a world power.

If you don't like having rights get the fuck out.

Okay. That's how other countries enforce/break the geneva conventions you retard.