>not using MPC-HC

Other urls found in this thread:

haruhichan.com/forum/showthread.php?7545-KCP-Kawaii-Codec-Pack
wagnardmobile.com/DDU/download/DDU v16.0.0.4.exe
nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Not creating your own player
You dumb fuck.

Someone please, how do I even use the player thing that comes with ffmpeg? I see it, but when I try to open it it just closes immediately.

>current year
Not an argument.

Media players have been a hot topic on Sup Forums for about 5 times as long as you've been here.

I dunno why you would want that, since you can just use mpv.

Was that so hard, user?

all that console shit...
nope...

I just watch my anime straight through avidemux, as more of a matter of convenience than anything else. It really streamlines the webm making process.

PotPlayer > MPC-HC

There are people who use anidb?

it seems like you can type words just fine, or did you need help making this post?

It's not even mpv, it was ffplay. It's ffmpeg.

What?
here
He asked how to use the ffmpeg player aka ffplay, so I showed him and at the same time asked him that there is no reason for him to use ffplay when he could just be using mpv.
Read the fucking posts.

>not using Notepad

>not setting up everything for perfect viewing

Please not today.

Just get the script and use MPV

I use VLC because it lets me speed up my anime by 1.10 or 1.20 in some cases.

>MPC-BE
>ancient madVR build
>BE shittastic internal subtitle filter instead of XYSubFilter or even XYVobSub

I do

not watching anime just now tho

>MPC-BE
That literally won't render anything but green static on my machine

Post logos.

rip in pieces

Been doing it for years

>...
Kill yourself faggot.

>...
>...
Fuck off.

>MPC-BE
>Not going into options and adjusting GUI colors to match system colors.
Unacceptable.

The only thing that makes a meaningful difference is if you go on Linux and use a JACK-enabled player, the audio is significantly crisper. MPlayer and VLC are the only major such players still maintained. Trying to watch animu on Windows is an inherently shit experience.

>KCP hasn't updated in months
Fuck me, I haven't had to format my own players since 2010.

980 ti 1500mhz

It randomly makes my computer freeze completely (no reactions to any key commands, and the screen stays completely still, but audio still plays for some reason. Photoshop does the same thing to me), so I use mpv instead. It has a much more accurate frame-by-frame rewind function anyways.

what kind of toaster do u use?

what do you mean with frame by frame rewind? you can seek to exact frame numbers with ctrl+g in mpc-hc and frame-step in both directions with ctrl+left or ctrl+right.

and if it freezes, maybe youre gfx card or drivers are shit. try disabling dxva.

>and shows it off on a CR release
k

It's not exactly a super high-spec computer or anything, but it's still one that's less than five years old, so the fault lies with the programs for being glitchy. If Gimp and mpv don't freeze the computer, there's no reason MPC and Photoshop should.

I always found the frame step in MPC to be pretty inaccurate, as it would often get stuck at one frame for a long time or randomly skip ahead by two or three frames instead of one (sometimes even skipping a frame ahead just as you take a screencap).

yea i know

i dont realy have much anime remuxes on my drive at the moment
other then Clannad and one episode of SAO(wich would cause a shit storm)
only got a bunch of 30-40gb coalgirl/reinforce meme rips

>so the fault lies with the programs for being glitchy. If Gimp and mpv don't freeze the computer, there's no reason MPC and Photoshop should.
your reasoning is flawed. a userspace program should not be able to freeze the whole OS. it's simply that mpv and gimp use different/no hardware acceleration in comparison to mpc and photoshop. blame your gfx subsystem.

its probly that the stock settings are to hard for ur pc

try KCP and use their low tier settings :
haruhichan.com/forum/showthread.php?7545-KCP-Kawaii-Codec-Pack

this aswel

>it's simply that mpv and gimp use different/no hardware acceleration in comparison to mpc and photoshop
In other words, they're more efficient and well-programmed.
It reacts the same way no matter the settings, while MPV gives me perfect quality right out of the box. So nah, it's just that MPC is shitty bloatware.

MPCHC has worked great for me for years, but some months back it suddenly decided it hated Webms. It still plays most fine, but around a fifth or so of them look fucked with weird green rectangles and completely fucked colors. Or like this.

the point of mpc/mpv is not using using stock settings
the entire point of the players is to use diferent settings depening on ur system

the players are pretty much the same and can do the same settings ( i dislike the mpv ui)

>mpc-hc
ayy fucking lamo

and it doesn't mean the program is better programmed it just means it's using a stock setting which aint gpu accelerated

anyhow seeing how anything with gpu accel would crash ur pc (driver/gpu problem) its not like u can get any better settings anyway than stock so it's probably easier to just stick to mpv for you ( should check out why ur pc crash with u use gpu accel tho )

Literally never used MAD-VR, only vanilla MPC-HC ever since it became able to play 10 bit.
What's the point of GPU acceleration meme? I always turn off GPU acceleration everywhere since CPU can handle same tasks while staying in energy saving and GPU clocks up to the max despite costing 2.5x more than CPU. And if you force it to stay in low clock it just becomes too slow.

>cares about that extra 100-200W while he watches his vietnamese cartoons for 2 hours

>mfw I had one awesome Jin Roh logo on my old PC but now is lost.

Never forget

>In other words, they're more efficient and well-programmed.
you're confusing the underlying cause and the triggering action.

mpc-hc simply uses accelerated APIs as it is supposed to. your gfx driver (for example) has a bug that is only exposed when one of its functions is called in a specific way. if a program does not use that API then your system won't crash. mpc uses that api (as it does on other systems), thus it triggers the bug in your system.

Again, it's the operating system's (windows) and the drivers (amd/nvidia/intel) responsibility to manage system resources in a way where a single program cannot hang the entire system just by using those resources.

it's like having a nail gun that occasionally fires at the user instead of the wood panel you're trying to nail. and then telling the user that he was holding it wrong, he shouldn't have been standing behind it in the first place.
>look, users who stand besides the nail gun are fine, why are you even complaining? it's clearly your fault.

It makes this weird crackling noise, like not the fan but capacitors or something. Not to mention I use my PC 16 hours per day so it would actually consume a lot in the big picture.

How do I get rid of banding with MPC-HC?

>In other words, they're more efficient and well-programmed.
In other words, they throw everything at your CPU instead of utilizing the GPU specialized in handling images.

2 hours of 200W extra is like 4 penny's a day
that might just be coil whine and that should be fine

That doesn't crash computers, so that's clearly the superior way of doing it, yes.

>not using notepad
Pleb

I'm lazy.

its simple

if everyone is using a program fine except you
then its you that is the problem

>coil whine
Exactly, it bothers me super hard. Basically I was dealt a shitty hand (bought reference design NVIDIA I guess, the shitty thing has 4 powerstates, but it always instantly skips over medium so it basically only usus min and max). And the only way to not make that noise is to put it in forced lowest power state (and turn it off during games since I wont hear it in headphones). At least I bought a third-party cooler so the fan itself is silent.

>mpc-hc plebians
Enjoy your closed source renderers.

mpv over here. Damn it sure feels good to have literally every feature mpc-hc has, without directshow nonesense, or a gorillion programs to have to keep up to date, or a dx dependent rendering system.

Damn OpenGL just looks better by the day

u dont use headphones when watching ur lewd chinese cartoons?

>victim blaming because you can't accept your program is shit
Found the fanboy. If a program doesn't work for everyone, it's the problem.

would use it if the ui wasnt so fking retarded

anyhow give me the most hardcore settings and il give it a shot again ( 980 ti 1500mhz)

>All these mpc plebs

True MPV master race here.

yes except it ain't the program its the user

u said photoshop causes the exact same thing when using GPU accel
then its clearly ur driver/gpu

mpc-hc also has a option to get rid of gpu accel as well btw

>ui
>fcking retarded
Also
>fcking
>not fucking
fagtron

config is below
# Write your default config options here!

#video
vo=opengl-hq:scale=ewa_lanczossharp:dscale=mitchell:cscale=ewa_lanczossharp:scale-antiring=0.5:scaler-resizes-only:dither-depth=8:temporal-dither:interpolation:tscale-clamp:deband:deband-threshold=256:alpha=yes
video-sync=display-resample
vd-lavc-threads=0 #decoding threads:deband-grain=
framedrop=no
keep-open=yes
fullscreen #you should know what this does
autofit-larger=1650

#audio
ao=pulse
softvol-max=400 #LOUD NOISES
ad-lavc-downmix=yes #allow downmixing
audio-channels=2 #downmix to two channels (stereo)
gapless-audio #buffer audio to avoid gaps in playback
alang=jp,jpn,Japanese,en,eng,English #Use Chinese for all my Korean automobile music

#subs
slang=eng,en,English #always use English subs
ass-force-style=Kerning=yes #GD faggots wet dream
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll #fix subs not appearing when skipping

#misc
script-opts=osc-layout=bottombar,osc-seekbarstyle=slider
osd-font-size=50
border=no #rice
screenshot-format=png
screenshot-png-compression=9 #highest compression
ytdl-format=bestvideo+bestaudio/best

#images
[extension.webm]
loop-file=inf
fullscreen=no

[extension.gif]
loop-file=inf
fullscreen=no
no-osc

[extension.gifv]
loop-file=inf
fullscreen=no
no-osc

[extension.jpeg]
loop-file=inf
fullscreen=no
no-osc

[extension.png]
loop-file=inf
fullscreen=no
osd-bar-h=50

[extension.jpg]
loop-file=inf
fullscreen=no
no-osc

I do and I guess the problem is a bit overblown, but still. it's not like I'm blasting music into my ears 24/7 so I'd rather not have the noise. Also the fact that it turns on and off all the time (move windows around the desktop and it starts crackling) is really jarring.

time to meme it up and go into config files to change settings but thanks user

You make it sound like copying and pasting once is difficult

>u
>ur
Stop typing like a faggot.

yeah except i forgot where the config file even is or if i had to make one myself

Difficult to make playlists
Won't open files in multiple folders
Errors opening IT'S OWN FUCKING PLAYLIST FILES

Nope.

For individual episodes it's good, if I want to watch collections of files like Miku Miku Dance forget it. I use VLC.

user you should be using ublock origin, adblock plus is a thing of the past.

Haven't found a better player yet. I just wish it automatically refreshed my playlist like jetaudio's player does instead of having to do it myself but I can live with what I have.

Or, you know, the programs are bad at basic stuff like being compatible with any driver. Is there any way to edit Photoshop's settings to get rid of the GPU accel shit without having to start up the entire program, by the way? I'm using CS2 at the moment, for what it's worth.

Here's your (You).

>(You)
Fuck off crossboarder.

>spend 15-20min setting up MPC once
>click on ur bookmarked Nyaa
>Download Anime within 5min since ur not a pleb with 100mbps (300mbps master race)
>watch ur anime with good Quality Audio and higher bitrate
>but user its 1080
that doesnt mean anything
cool u got a 1080 with 2000 bitrate my 720p with 1000 bitrate wil look beter

Why does programs have to be compatible with your broken drivers/hardware?

i think u can turn it off in a config file probably
>cs2
it's most likely ur driver is fucked maybe reinstall it what gpu do u have and wich driver version

is mpc-be good or just a meme?

>Current year
>Using wangblows

Literally no reason to use it over HC.

Stop posting.

If you install external filters it's basically a MPC-HC with nicer UI.

Should probably make a proper one out of that and not just stamp text over wallpaper.

>MFW Microsoft starts deleting pirated anime from your computer.

How do you put in your own logo?

Not even my provider gives a shit about all the anime I download. But ONE episode of Game of Thrones and they are sending letters to my house and throttling my 'nets.

The only noticeable difference is that it doesn't have LAV built in and the UI looks better.

>i-if our programs are glitchy pieces of your shit, it's your fault!
Look at this shill go.

Nvidia Geforce GT 620, ver 9.18.13.3165

Update your fucking drivers, your version is ancient.

user that driver is from 2013

delete it with this : wagnardmobile.com/DDU/download/DDU v16.0.0.4.exe

and update it to the newest one: nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk