"it would take a 100-person gun massacre every day for five hundred years to even out the numbers"

is there any doubt Jonathan Blow /ourleftistgamedev/?

even if you don't like the guy or his games, the point he's making here ("if we had a 100-person gun massacre every day for 500 years, THEN it would be worth getting rid of guns, because THAT is the risk of letting an oppressive government rise to power") is a good one and one that we should use on the bluepilled more often to see how they respond

bump

alright fine faggots, ignore the one good point that anyone's actually made about the gun control argument in the past few days and keep responding to "y'know I've been a Republican all my life but I'm finally starting to come around on gun control" threads

>pay attention to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
shut up, faggot. The argument presented here isnt all that groundbreaking, and in infers that we could ever possibly reach a point where it's "worth it"

you're retarded, if there was literally a 100-person gun massacre every day for 500 years, or a 1000-person gun massacre every day for 50 years, or a 10000-person gun massacre every day for 25 years, then yeah, maybe gun control would be worth talking about, because the severity of the situation we'd be in would necessitate it. but since that's not the case and never will be, gun control is a retarded idea

>or a 10000-person gun massacre every day for 25 years, then yeah, maybe gun control would be worth talking about,
I thought about it; you're a faggot. Go whine about how no one pays attention to your posts that contribute nothing elsewhere.

I'm not as big of a faggot as you. you seem to be against gun control, and yet you fail to see the value of actually expressing an unrealistic, borderline impossible hypothetical situation in which gun control "would be worth it", which sounds outright silly when you compare it to reality.

tl;dr

>[I'm frustrated by the lack of quality and amount of shit-flinging in debates about real issues like gun control. Let's do some math and see whether or not it would be worth it, given that the reason for gun rights in the US is to prevent the rise of repressive regimes.]

>I took a recent repressive regime as an example -- Mao in China.
>Estimates disagree widely on how many people were killed -- [... ] let's land in the middle at 36 million.
>[...] You could guess that a repressive regime in the USA might kill 18 million people.
>So if you legitimately believe this is a danger that we can proactively avoid by citizens owning guns [...], then you can ask, how many people dying by citizen gun massacre tragedies would even out the numbers?

>And the answer is, it would take a 100-person gun massacre every day for five hundred years to even out the numbers.

can't condense it much further than that user

This may be the best arugument I've seen against gun control. Well done

The fuck up makes a good point about nu-Sup Forums

This guy seems like he might be swayed further right if he gets pressed on this issue. What's his track record like currently?

Indeed. But what does logic and solid arguements have to do with democrazy and female virtue vultures?

>you're a faggot
NOT
AN
ARGUMENT

I don't think it's that, I think he's your typical brainwashed-by-nature-of-their-environment SF progressive liberal, but he's actually really smart and introspective, so he's able to question The Narrative with logic, and arrive at some low-hanging-fruit redpills like this one and the "muh tax returns" one I posted earlier.

when you dig below the surface a bit, you actually find a lot of people like him—smart programmers who live in major liberal-minded population centers like the Bay Area and the Greater Seattle Area, with the ability to juuuuuuust barely peek through their indoctrination a tiny little bit. they probably know more than they let on in public, because they're somewhat of public figures and their reputation is at stake when they spout off like this—see the end of OP image, where the creepy game industry cultist guy tries to convince him to talk it out with him over email, so as to not spread Wrongthink to his followers.

checked, and that's exactly it: jables is a faggot, but he's /ourfaggot/ because he doesn't base his identity around being a faggot. I'm not disparaging him at all, I'm saying that him being gay lets him avoid that specific tendency that most beta males have when they become sufficiently e-famous. plus he's like Carmack, literally too intelligent to obsess over sex like the average beta male—it would only get in the way of them applying their problem-solving skills creatively, i.e. programming, which is what they obsess over instead.

>t. gamedev w/ similar personality traits, but far less intelligence and success

>Johnathan blow

what is "rationality over all" lefty code for? is it something they're for or something they're against? I haven't heard this term before

>Guns stop tyranny if the US gave up guns we'd commit half the amount of murder as Mao and as a numbers game a fifty person shooting ain't so bad.

The argument gets BTFO as soon as you point to a nation that has gun control but no murderous government immediately fill the power vacuum. Like Australia.

only niggerfaggots think in absolutes

Australia has leagues of eldritch horrors that naturally prevent tyrannical regimes from gaining power

I love JBlow.

He's tweeted negatively about Trump, but you can tell he's fucking tired of dealing with liberals

He is streaming right now on twitch btw

compiler stream? I haven't been keeping up, how close is it to being done? I need it in my life

>uses Twitter to say something when it takes 23 tweets
obviously not very smart

Not sure its all way over my head

Omg baste

he's smart—he just writes, speaks, and thinks in the same way, and has zero interest in playing the twitter game of consolidating it down into 140-character memeable chunks.

jblow's new programming language is legit lowkey the most interesting thing happening in the industry right now. it's going to be a game-changer

>you gotta realize you have a big platform here, it's not the place to publicly think stuff out
>not the place to publicly think
lol they don't even know what they are doing do they?

The immediacy of tyranny is not relevant. If one tyrannical government arose in 500 years, it would still be worse than gun violence.

>what is "rationality over all" lefty code for

They claim their ideas are what rational people would do, thereby labeling their detractors as irrational no matter the level of disagreement.

>Well, any RATIONAL person would see that [leftist agenda] is necessary.

Our politicians sell the country out without fear of reprisals, 300mil in subsidies were given to a saudi solar company that produce .03% of one of our states total power output whereas 30 million could have stabilise our states power for about 2-3 years

It cost the govt 500mill to reopen a coal plant over this fuck up

Lol he's like the google sexist manifesto man

What do you think would happen in present day affairs if Australia suddenly turned into a violent tryrannical hellhole? The US would overthrow it quickly.