Gun control CAN and HAS worked

>What Australia can do is share our experience after the mass killing in Port Arthur back in the late 1990s when 35 people were killed by a lone gunman."
>"(Y)ou will recall that (then-prime minister) John Howard then introduced national gun laws which banned automatic and semi-automatic weapons and included a national buy back scheme," she added. "So we have had this experience. We acted with a legislative response and it will be up to U.S. lawmakers and legislators to deal with this issue."

Gun control worked for Australia and it will work for the United States too. It's time we join the rest of the civilized world and stop allowing the NRA to destroy our country.

>usatoday.com/story/news/2017/10/04/australian-foreign-minister-offers-share-tough-gun-law-experience-u-s/730659001/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T9sBoQUj1kU
youtube.com/watch?v=FH76VoI_hsw
bordermail.com.au/story/4927063/border-farmer-has-guns-taken-after-confronting-man-armed-with-a-knife-at-his-home/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SHALL

NOT

BE

infringed

Fuck off faggot

Blah blah blah.

>muh 200 year old piece of paper

That hardly trumps everyone else's RIGHT to LIVE! Your "right" to own an assault rifle is much less important than everyone else's right to not get shot for no reason.

Idiots.

dump gun control redpills please.

>quoting the falsest flag in false flag history

Go fuck yourself
sage

>On why you shouldn't compare Australia and America.

yeah, gun control could have prevented someone from shooting up a concert!

Ive got it!!

No.

Following that bullshit logic...the Founders never intended for internet and social media when they said 'Freedom Of Speech'. So when are you going to shove your keyboard up your ass sideways, cancel your internet subscription and go find a quill pen, India ink and parchment paper, in keeping with the Founders true intentions?

Maybe that’s because we’re becoming a more civilized society that doesn’t need MUH GUNZ nearly as much as we did 250 years ago? I mean jesus fucking christ.

>"Assault" rifle
Fuck off you cock sucking liberal.

You think a nation started by criminals is gonna follow the law? You don't think in a country 90% unpopulated that gun owners haven't buried their good shit to use at a later date?

Nobody has a right to live.
It's an evolutionary obligation to survive.

>Give us your guns or other men with guns will take them and throw you in a cage
WTF I love the state now!

Too bad. It's still a god-given right.

'Murican gun culture is the best way to cull the american population. Don't get any new gunlaws, USA! Freedom ain't free. And whatever other platitudes you shout to make yourself forget the gun violence.

Stay strong.

Cultureless non-argument. I just bought another rifle and you get no say in the matter.

>200 year old document
I guess free speech doesn't matter either.

>Gun control CAN and HAS worked
fuck off, cunt

>That hardly trumps everyone else's RIGHT to LIVE! Your "right" to own an assault rifle is much less important than everyone else's right to not get shot for no reason.
Actually it does
Rights come from the constitution.
Without the constitution, you as an American, have no basis to speak of "rights," no context in which to frame your statements
The same constitution says that a right to bare arms is an unalienable human right and that that truth is held to be self evident
Such a constitution does not exist anywhere else in the world
Move.

With all those niggers and criminal spics around, I'd say there's never been a greater need.

You're a weak little child who needs someone to tell him when to wipe his ass. You're pathetic!

Gun grabbing works in countries where there is very few guns

Its beyond retarded to think it would work in America
Even if by some miracle every good citizen handed in their guns, there would still be millions in the hands of criminals

Also the fact not everyone would be willing to surrender their firearms, the sheer death toll from police, military and civilians from trying to force the issue would be far more than would be killed by firearm related crimes for like a century to come

The right to live isn't in the Constitution, while the right to bear arms is.

more people are killed by hammers

we need to ban the hammers and make everyone use screws. there's just no need for nails and too many people have died. how many is too many?

So sick of this shit. You can't compare the US and Australia. Australia has a very small largely homogeneous population, the USA does not.

You have a nigger problem

I have worked for very powerful politicians for well over a decade, and last night the big dogs came back. They don't come back for nothing. And yes stonewalling would count as nothing. They come back to deal.

Trips of truth

>obvious bait making my blood boil still

FROM MY FUCKING COLD DEAD HANDS YOU ROTTEN DEMOCRAT

Dad right antarctica is our clay

Check the statistics. Australian gun violence had been decreasing steadily for about a decade before the gun ban. It continued to decrease at roughly the same rate for about a decade after the ban. It is thus utterly false to make any claims that the gun ban aided in decreasing gun crime. If anything, it can be said to have had virtually no effect on crime. What it did have an effect on are the liberties of every single Australian.

Also, what happened in Australia can NEVER happen in America. Guns are far more culturally important to Americans, and any attempt to get people to hand them in will be met with the politicians involved losing their cushy gold-plated jobs.

Your close leaf, but very wrong. Rights come to us Americans by God himself, the constituion is merely a document that outlines the basic and fundamental rights given to us by God and was intended to allow us to maintain said rights by using force if our government ever went wrong, sorta like how it is now

I will literally shoot anyone who comes for my property

Port Aurthur was a fluke. Strata never had issues before that. And the reaction was panicked and over the top.

So, fuck off and die.

It's true. We should so something about it.

>b..but muh gun control!
All excessive gun control laws do is take firearms put of the hands of law abiding citizens. You think Jose or Tyrone with 2 counts of assault on their record already gives half of a fuck about gun laws? No. They'll get their hands on whatever they can via other means.

I live in New Jersey. Only behind California with how restrictive our gun laws are. With the strictest gun laws, we still have 4 of the most crime ridden, high gun fatality (gang violence), and overall shit cities in the US. Camden, Newark, Trenton (our fucking capital), and Paterson.

Now go an take a look at any state that allows conceal carry, or fuck, even open carry. Crime rate takes a nose dive. That's because criminals know that in those states, there's a very likely possibility they'll get double tapped center mass if they start nigging it up.

>Australia's homicide rate spikes for 10 years after gun ban.
>Gun violence goes down tho

this is considered a victory

Listen people... don't give in to (((them))).

The Vegas shooting was done by the government to scare people into agreeing with gun control policies. All this propaganda is (((their))) doings.

>not as necessary as it used to be
>lets ban it forever

Fuck off.

Gun buyback programs such as in Australia could not be directly tied to gun deaths.
They were already on the decline before the system was in place.

Actually user assault rifle is the accepted term for a fully automatic intermediate round long gun.

I suppose the Aussies should be grateful to their benevolent government for being so lenient with them.

I am the NRA mother fucker.

Cleanse your country of the Moor.

Australia is an irrelevant backwater shithole.

America is the greatest military and economic power the world has ever known.

Know the difference you fucking abbo

>prime minister John (((Howard)))

>It's time we join

Renounce your citizenship, buy a plane ticket and "join" whatever Marxist utopia suits your tastes.

So long as I can draw breath and hold a rifle you're not getting my guns, faggot.

yeah good luck rounding up all those guns.

>tfw you know it's a (you) fishing nigger but people are actually this stupid IRL.

Come and take them commie.

Tell me this, then, faggot. You rate the success of the Australian gun ban by the number of massacres that happened after Port Arthur with guns banned, and you call that a result of guns being banned. Now how many massacres happened BEFORE Port Arthur, when guns were legal.

There are limits on most of our rights. The SCOTUS has gone over this many times, even directly related to gun control. What are you not understanding?

This.

Listen, hugbox redditors. Not everyone who disagrees with you is deep into psyops or a shill. Some people just disagree. For instance, me.

Rural white voter here. Voting for Trump was possibly the biggest mistake of my life. Probably the worst president we've had in the last 250 years. We must impeach him now and lock up his most fervent supporters. The travel ban is racist and the white house is literally full of islamophobic texts and art. Hate can only be defeated by destroying it from the top down.

On top of his blatant racism, now he is literally destroying the planet earth and ruining young and promising female entertainers' lives. What about our children? Do the right thing, fellow rural white voters. Call your senator or congressman and set things right.

>Mfw Trump is carrying the type of gun available when the bill of rights was written

Worked at what? I know it would be effective at disarming the citizens. But we have car accidents and we don't ban cars. Tools are useful for things despite their inherent risks.

This. The Constitution is such a brilliant document for this particular reason. It does not grant any rights, but rather formally recognizes that every citizen has these rights innately. The Constitution merely states this and affirms that the defence of these rights is the most basic foundational tenet of the United States.

>Be progressive choose disarmed
>Get raped and murdered by a gang of niggers
How do you think you protect your right to life? Rely on the State?
>Hahahahahahahahahaha.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=T9sBoQUj1kU

Fuck off commie scum

>people unironically replying to 1/10 bait without saging
i'm this close to going to fuII chan

Do you not understand what cost analysis means?

Specific examples are less helpful than statistics. You can cherry pick any event you want, it won't change the statistics

>Accepted term
Yes because of Democrats and people who have no idea about guns pushed the narrative and labeling of assault anything.

Take a gun with wood finish and it's a hunting rifle.

Take that same calibre, same fire rate,, add a pistol grip, and make it black. Suddenly it's an "assault rifle" . All bullshit.

Yeah, all you have to do is confiscate 300 million American guns. Good luck spending the next 1000 years, and 200 million lives trying to do that.

No you're right, it's up to the current legislature to weigh in on how much the 2nd amendment should be regulated. Good point! Lol

>Gun control worked for Australia
>worked
youtube.com/watch?v=FH76VoI_hsw

inb4 OP slaughtered by own government without a firearm for defense.

Haha try Chicago first you normie.

>TL:DR
Have a (You)

You have no "right to live", you have a "right not to be murdered" theoretically, but that can be infringed upon without a gun fairly easily as well.

>Getting triggered by a buzzword
Right wing SJWs all over this board

Are you kidding our govt wants to increase gun laws because of vegas.
What's more we had a farmer here just had all of his firearms confiscated because he dared to point an unloaded gun at an armed intruder.

bordermail.com.au/story/4927063/border-farmer-has-guns-taken-after-confronting-man-armed-with-a-knife-at-his-home/

Seriously fuck this countries gun laws.

No and I need to copy this for future use but..
Don't let them turn the USA into the shitshow that is the UK. It's more than a gun it's a freedom stick and with commie faggots to the North & Mexicunts to the South you need them more than ever. Stay proud, stay free, stay armed.

BACK TO YOUR ATTIC CHAIM

I would have handed mine in, but I already melted them down as part of a piece of protest art. I'd show you the lumps of aluminum and steel, but they're now part of a giant dildo statue in a private collection.

Oh? That hole in my back yard? Nah, that's a new deck I'm putting in. It's completely unrelated to the firearms confiscation going on.

I am also a gunless ausfag but even I know this is bullshit mate.
It's either a rifle or it's not a rifle. There is no such thing as an "assault" rifle you vidya playing cuck.

Do a gun buyback.
But instead of a $50 Walmart gift card, put some big money behind it...
I have no problem with that.

I lost all mine in an unfortunate boating accident.

Pol still failing the anti gun pasta, you dissapoint me.

>stein
pic related

So naturally it resulted in a drastic decrease in the murder and violent crime rates, right?

RIGHT!!?

You're right op. Ask this upstanding citizen who had prior felonies.
Crimminals don't mind breaking the law now what makes you think they'll stop if you ban any sort of guns? Then only thing you'll be doing is taking them away from law abiding citizens.

Not an argument. Rights > Feelings
Only a slave has no weapons. Even here in Leafland I can own a AR-15

Dumb fuck your referring to "assault weapons" as the made up term. The first assault rifle was literally called assault rifle
>The term assault rifle is generally attributed to Adolf Hitler, who for propaganda purposes used the German word "Sturmgewehr" (which translates to "storm rifle" or "assault rifle"), as the new name for the MP43, subsequently known as the Sturmgewehr 44 or StG 44.

Why is there a magazine in front of a revolver?

gun control is not the solution to mass killings, it would do maybe something to criminals, not the ones who get their guns illegally. if there were no guns then instead of getting mugged by a gun you would get mugged by a knife, but all of the serious criminals would all have guns (robberies, heists, etc )

Have you misinterpreted the second amendment or why the Bill of Rights was written? It was to keep those rights to not be infringed by a tyrannical government ((((Hillary)))). So fuck off and go suck off your boyfriend’s tranny cock.