Is anyone here a Landlord?

Is anyone here a Landlord?

What are the political effect it's had on your and what advice do you have for others who are looking to rent their houses out?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/142367935/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141164141/#q141164141
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141360822/#q141360822
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141498953/#q141498953
youtube.com/watch?v=qO6WcyMVxwo
legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/section/2
gov.uk/check-tenant-right-to-rent-documents
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>See title *I fucking knew this would be a bong.

I'm a landlord, i have my own letting agency now that deals with the bureaucracy.

I bought a London flat in the early 90's, just after Tony Blair and Gordon Brown relaxed the finance rules.

It was called self cert mortgage, basically you are your own guarantor, I was on JSA, but I applied for a £300k mortgage becuase my (((mate))) said I would get one.

Keep in mind the market was recovering from a crash in 1991, lots of people in neg equity, interest rates had been at 25% under Thatcher, but there is this new guy in town, he name is Tony =)

OK, I didnt get the mortgage becuase i had no income, so I said i was a property developer instead and got a mortgage for £200k.

I bought a run down flat in Pimlico, painted it and rewired it, like i said i was a property developer now and I made it look fantastic, sold it 9 months later for £250k

OK I wont bore you, but what I'm trying to say is i got the Landlord bug, I now own 30 properties, mostly in West London.

So what effects did Tony Blair coming into power have on me? He made a multimillionaire at the age of 23, I went from JSA to multimillion just becuase i knew a Jew in the finance industry.

Sorry mate, if you're looking to make money in property now forget it, at least in the UK.

I'm sorry user and fellow Bongs, I'm the reason you can't afford to live in London.

Whats funny is I think Ive actually made more money than Tony Blair from all this.

God bless you Tony Blair, my son just got into Harrow too, it's good to know ((people)).

Basically do it ALL yourself, its your money, your home, dont contract out the important things like what tennnets you have. Do it yourself.

fuck you and your cool story

Yep, have owned property for approx 20 years. Can't give it away now, and I fucking hate it. Refuse to take Section XIII housing, but still can't keep the deadbeats out that refuse to pay rent, skip out with no notice, and completely ruin property. Fucking niggers ruin everything, along with meth heads and heroin addicts. Don't become a landlord if you can help it, the laws don't protect you, they protect the tenants, and judges will even sidestep any laws that do protect you and side with the poor, dumbfuck tenants.

Wouldn't even be looking to make money, just get a property in the first place. Prices are so inflated compared to wages...

I own a 3 bedroom house in Lisbon, Portugal. I rent it out to students on a "per-bedroom" basis.
Cash-only. No gypsies and no nogs allowed. All utilities are in my name, to avoid any cross-checking that would get me fucked over by the tax administration.

You're welcome my copper digging cousin.

Was thinking of buying property in Perth, if you live there tell me what Bassendean and Midland are like, people say dont buy in Midland becuase there are a lot of Abo's, I dont intend to live in Perth just buy residential property and rent it out. Thoughts?

Owner of three rental residential properties here. It has not affected me one bit. All three of my properties have been leased by retired couples for leases in excess of two years with the three tenants residing there for over a decade. I foresee no problems other than their passing due to age or health.

Take time to screen applicants & meet them. 90% of headaches can be avoided later by choosing the right renters.

Pretty much this. You cant beat the government, they will always side with the tennants and will always force niggers into your nicest property. The nigs will neglect the house and yard, destroy or steal all the appliances, and leave your house with smashed up walls and windows, stripped electrical wires and plumbing, flooded floors, and piles of dog shit stomped into the carpet.

The court will activate fuck you over. If you own more than 2 properties they will force you to take niggers in all available properties. The government will not pay you for the damages of their tenants, and if by some miracle do offer you money, its 10% of their assessed value and they take ownership of the property.

>"""multimillionaire""" posting on Sup Forums
Sure you are. And I'm the Pope.

>Refuse to take Section XIII housing

this is why I'd never get into landlording. Have considered investing in farmland and then trying to pickup Amish tenants though

I want to lease out a house and might have to move for a job. I was thinking of going through a real estate company - does it make things better or worse?

Tenants have no rights in the UK, if they did I would probably not have made a penny.

Ive kicked out lots of families so I can flip the property, that's how we did it to free up more deposits, I had 600k on credit card at one point, I made a point of never paying a quid interest, like the properties, I flipped credit cards too, just moved from one interest free offer to the other. It was a fine balancing act.

I cant tell you how important it is to mix in the right circles, half of the shit I got away with, accounts, building regs, solicitors was from knowing the right people. People are so fucking corruptible. I've paid off many planning services guys to get shit signed off, everyone has their price.

Start low, get somthing in a place where you think will be nice in 10 yrs, the Thames Valley to Bristol, Swindon, Reading. And East Anglia, Essex.

Forget the North, no one wants to live up there, its too miserable. Stay South and East.

If you have any sense and are young and educated I would say move away from the UK, its fucked for a generation or two, you'll struggle to make money in anyway here, look to Australia, South East Asia If you're white and English that will carry a loooong was in south East Asia, if you have blue eyes and blonde hair, Jesus, take your pick of teaching jobs in the top schools, even without a degree, you'll beat everyone else becuase you fit the bill.

I know this becuase I taught in Beijing for 3 yrs with just a TEFL certificate, but I knew someone who knew someone in the politburo .

Worse, why pay someone to collect your money

If you sell all my property yeah, i'm a multimillionaire, but I have about £10k to my name right now, money burns a hole in my pocket, I need to reinvest it, it needs to work for me.
I pay my bank for their services and its costs me a small fortune to do so, its not earning me anything sat on their balance sheet.

>what advice do you have for others who are looking to rent their houses out?
don't do it, get into a different business

just sell the property, you will get fucked, people are fucking assholes who will ruin your property

I fear it, but I'm thinking that I can just pay others to maintain it, like a maid or whatever. If the tenant won't agree to it then they maybe they aren't worth renting to

That's the good thing about London, there are so many different types of properties, London is just massive, some homes are 400 yrs old and existed before the great fire and survived after the Blitz.

England has finite space so land quickly becomes quantifiable, everything has a value I guess, there is more certainty here to determine that value. And like I say all the power is with the landlords, I can give all of my tenants 6months notice and they are all out, I can even pay to get the High court to use enforcement officers to make sure they vacate the property on said date.

I work for a mid-sized apartment company in the Philadelphia area. I am the manager for one of their divisions and am about to purchase my first small multi-unit so I can build up a company myself. The people I work for started this in the 1970/80s with a duplex and now they own a ton of buildings, have an office that looks like CSI Miami meets Mad Men, and drive Bently's and Beamers. They worked hard to get there, and it paid off.

It is a tough business and it all depends on you. Unless you are handy doing maintenance and repairs on more than one or two units is going to bleed you out when you call contractors. If you can do it yourself, and if you fix things before they are a real problem, you can make good money.

You need to find good tenants, but you also need to do good maintenance so you can hold good tenants. A lot of companies stress leasing and neglect their maintenance men, so they get shit-tier maintenance guys, put minimum money into the property, the place falls apart and becomes and slum, and they wonder why they cant get good tenants and premium rents.

You should all take massive risks with money wherever you can. Thew worst that can happen is you go into receivership, never mind just start again. But do start again.

I'm thinking about becoming one since I made a little bit of folding money on selling my condo. I have $50k left to invest in something, real estate panned out very well for me. So I was thinking of buying a small condo near the Surrey branch of Simon Fraser University and rent it out to students or whoever else would want it.

Basically, they would cover the cost of the mortgage and other fees while the unit appreciates in value... Once it has gained enough value, I will sell it and pocket the cash.

Yeah, there's capital gains taxes, but the money you can earn is life changing. By providing a place to live for someone that cannot afford the down payment on a mortgage, you are handsomely rewarded.

I suggest any basement dwelling nerd still living with their parents do this... Buy a condo that you can afford with your wages and rent it out. Once the value increases to a sum you find acceptable, or you turn a good profit on rent, sell it... Or not.

Real estate is how 80% of the world's millionaires got their start in the markets. Ask the president.

Would you pay someone to fuck your wife?

Do it yourself unless you really trust the agency and really really can't be fucked to deal with paperwork.

You have to make money in order to get property. Buy a starter home, let the value appreciate and then sell it to get the down payment for a real house.

Don't listen to this guy, he invested in shit areas and is a faggot.

Dunno - the economy could collapse at any point IMHO. If you're caught on the wrong end then your livelihood is basically over.

If I get the job I'm going for, I'll be 2000 miles away from the property

>You have to make money in order to get property.
Its better to borrow money, making money means doing a 9-5 job?

Why work for someone else ?

If you're confident and should be if not get the fuck out, borrow the money, dont waste time and effort working a 9-5 like a plebeian

Tenants suck. I hire a property manager. No political effects via third party cover.

>borrow
>paying the interest jew

Well best of luck sir, in which case check out several agencies, find out about all their charges, call outs, what they do and dont cover, read ALL the small print, check social media, check Companies House or whatever the US equiv is to see if the directors are sharks, do you homework on them. This is your baby.

Real estate is a tangible asset that will always hold value of some kind. If the market tanks, just keep renting it out nigga. It's not like bitchcoin that does not physically exist. Just don't buy in a shitty market and you will be fine... And don't get a first investment property that you cannot make payments on solo. If you can afford to retain the property without tenants and still love comfortably, you'll be able to weather rough patches.

Yes, the market tanked in 2008... But it has recovered again.

WAR IS UNAVOIDABLE, READ THESE THREADS:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/142367935/

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141164141/#q141164141

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141360822/#q141360822

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141498953/#q141498953

WAR IS UNAVOIDABLE, START PREPPING NOW.

youtube.com/watch?v=qO6WcyMVxwo

You still own property. If it's an inflationary collapse, you just pay off your meaningless debts with monopoly money.

Good lad

See* > I made a point of never paying a quid interest, like the properties, I flipped credit cards too, just moved from one interest free offer to the other. It was a fine balancing act.

I'm not Jewish, I just know a shit load of Jews, they took pity on this plucky little goyim one day, I'm lucky.

Borrow, buy the property, rent it. Now your tenant is paying the interest and your mortgage while you just sit on your ass.

You have to work when you start because you will not immediately get a return on your investment, dumbass. Hell, I'm going to keep my day job just like the other guys I work with that got rich on real estate.

I know guys at work that have developed properties into high rise apartments, mixed use condominiums, luxury homes and so on...

You don't sample your own product. The money you make dealing in real estate should be reinvested while you maintain your lifestyle with your day job.

Whether or not you want your day job to be property management is up to you... Personally, I can manage my property from work, so I don't see the point in quitting and have a decent support group of guys that have made shit loads in real estate just outside the door.

Just hustle, faggot.

>judges will even sidestep any laws that do protect you and side with the poor
OH NO! Evil poor people :( :( :(

I was a landlord for a year. I was "nice" and fixed any issues quickly. The tenants took my kindness for weakness and in the end were complaining monthly about absolute nonsense. I kicked them out and they left a snarky note about noise. Renters are some entitled fucking assholes

If the tenant is paying the mortgage and the interest, you are breaking even. You borrow money to get your foot in the door and keep dealing until you can pay cash... Once you can pay cash for properties, it's a self sustaining reaction.

This is the only real advice here.

If you are even a shade less than white i will not be happy for you.

>Section 13 housing

>commit mortgage fraud
>get rich

Who said crime doesn't pay?

Is being a cancerous scumbag a prerequisite to being a landlord? Just curious.

I would suggest a 3 way chat online with your proposed tenants and property manager, that way everyone knows everyone and that way you know if both the tenant and agent has been truthful with one another.

Its all about trust.

it is a headache sometimes, probably better off selling and re-investing. Depends on market value really.

maybe you should try not being poor and paying your rent on time, cunt

I own a 14 apartment building. Laws in Germany are shitty but it's still pays off.

The biggest problem is you have a hard time to get tenants out if they don't pay. This can takes years and you won't see a cent if you are unlucky.

That's why I only rent to old germans. Young people and non-whites can fuck off

How else are you going to rent a place to live if not for someone taking the time and money to buy the place you want to live in?

They provide a service for people that is essential in many cases. They don't have to rent out properties that they own to make money. Many people just let their property sit empty rather than dealing entitled renters

One post by OP

OP is a sliding faggot

this
pretty much rent to non trash families/couples

I've been over this with my solicitors and I would get off on a technicality. I was never asked to prove my income. I was asked what I made PA, and as that very day I became a property developer I estimated my income to be £90k PA.

Gotta be optimistic right?

And if you're going to do me, then you can do Tony Blair and Gordon Brown who made the particular changes.

It was designed to stimulate the market, and fuck me it did that alright, it put it on steroids and its never come down.

I love landlords that don't do proper maintenance, I buy their shit when it hits the market for less than 50 cents on the dollar. Land has permanent value, the building is a machine that provides housing and needs to be taken care of properly.

If you don't want to deal with the dregs of society, don't involve yourself in low rent operations. Single family homes, premium apartments, apartments in white working class neighborhoods with good schools, and don't ever rent to section 8 (some states require you to, in which case you're doomed at some point to deal with welfare scum)

Why would you buy property in nigger infested areas?

HUD voucher program

This. I had a terrible window where someone had handed in notice right in the quiet winter months when few people want to rent since the area is pretty damn expensive and lots of people are on holiday. Had a potential tenant that seemed completely kosher, but then I asked for 3 months of wage slips. Reading them with my basic accountancy hat on it became clear that though the guy always paid his rent on time he had absolutely no income left over whatsoever. He always spent everything. If he had to pay a massive one off debt or bill or something he wouldn't pay to pay his rent. At all.

>I've been over this with my solicitors and I would get off on a technicality.

I think your solicitor may be wrong, or at least would be wrong under modern law.

legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/section/2

The wording is deliberately very vague. The FA 2006 consolidated a lot of prior case law that has been around for decades, so it is very possible your solicitor was telling porkies.

t. lawfag.

It doesn't have to be a lie. It need only be misleading.

I highly doubt it matters now though. Very interesting though.

>The biggest problem is you have a hard time to get tenants out if they don't pay

Bad luck, I can get rid of perfect paying tenants for no reason other than I want to sell the property to buy another one so I can make more money. They have no rights here whatsoever.

Germany and France I know have decent laws for Tenants, the UK really needs to adopt similar policies, but people like me will oppose it with venom.

>Owns land
>gets to charge anyone on the land rent that scales with the local median income
>sit around doing basically nothing, collecting money
>maybe call a mechanic to fix a broken pipe once in a while
why is this allowed?

Well then do some unmasking of those corrupt judges so we can meme them to the grave. These kikes have names, ya know

Not a landlord, but a realtor, so we’re in the same industry. I’m in FL, a purple state, and for every liberal realtor I meet, I meet eight Republicans. Working with clients of different ethnicities, working in different neighborhoods, it’s difficult not getting redpilled.

Blacks always show up at least twenty minutes late to showings, no text or anything. You’ll leave them five voicemails without them returning your call, and then they’ll call you back a month later at 10:00 at night stoned off their ass. Working with blacks is dreadful. You landlords in black areas have my respect.

it is very difficult to evict somebody who doesn't pay
t. ontario

Landlord here in urban connecticut... my advice... no section 8 and no niggers... seriously, even if they're half black find someone else, mulatto bitch cost me $10k in repairs... have a nice Spanish couple in there now with a 10 yr old, hard working people, never complain, he fixes the little things, couldn't be happier

>why is this allowed?

Usually because most people don't know their rights. Though I expect American landlords are expected to do less than European ones due to your more nakedly capitalist legal system.

Why not just claim any empty property your summer/winter etc residence until you find trustworthy tenants?

I exploited a loophole, and it wasnt just me, it was done across the country, they made it so the loop would be exploited, it was bloody obvious.

Tony Blair, not only did he fucked millions in Iraq he's done it to the next few generations in the UK, I dont even know how this bubble is going to burst, i think it's too big to burst. I have a 2 bed flat in a shitty part of London i rent out for £1500 a month, in 1995 I would struggle to rent it for £250 a month.

Brits are spunking all their wages on rent, and much of it is paid by the treasury in housing benefits. And who pays the treasury? Thats called a double penetration.

Im a landlord in nyc, I have 4 properties, Three 3 Family buildings, and one 8 family. I mostly rent them out to asians, and whites. Im doing renovations to one building I have, but this Jew family is refusing access so I can have fire sprinklers installed, they're trying to extort 30,000 from me, plus give them another two year lease. I told them I'd pay for a hotel for a week, but now they want the money and to stay. Now I officially hate kikes. I feel like they're jealous a goy owns the building and they're renting.

It can't be sustainable, so much of the income is being sucked into rent and taxes

>I feel like they're jealous a goy owns the building and they're renting.

That's exactly what it is

Because faggot numales cant even replace a washer these days.

The only thing that makes me happy is knowing that Tony Blair is loathed by absolutely everyone.

You are absolutely right though. I never thought I would say it, especially being in my position, but the government is going to introduce continental-style rent controls to stop the future youth vote evaporating. Mark my words. When that happens, the bubble will burst. If you're sitting on an exposed portfolio you should consider your position in the next year or so.

1 POST BY ID.

SLIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDE THREAD

Well no, you move in to one of the apartments while renting out the rest, even if its the 1 other room in your duplex. The trick is to save up 50 to 100 grand while building perfect credit. Use half the lump sum as deposit, keep the other half for renovations and repairs.

I bought my second apartment building too soon after first and lost it when i lost my job in 2009. Know what? I lived under a bridge in Millbrook st, worcester until 2013. My one remaining duplex made $2,000 per month, i payed my debts with it and then climbed back up with that one building. You need credit and savings to carry through, nothing else matters. The bank did not care what i looked or smelled like while i was homeless as long as i had the $1,400 monthly mortgage for the first building. I really didnt give a shit either. Do you have any idea how much vodka you can drink on $600 a month? I almost stayed homeless but the winters were too rough as i got older and once the loan was payed the 2k monthly needed reinvesting.

Yes but until you pay the 1st building off its okay to break even, especially if youve been living like that for decades and just broke even until then. A few more years, 4 or 5, isnt much. Then you can leverage the asset or your credit, get a 2nd building. Thats the thing you can do this as slow or as fast as you want.

>legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/section/2
Thats also an interesting link

You would need to prove that i intended to defraud or obtain the monies by deception

I didn't, I obtained them lawfully, I exaggerated my income and exaggerated my job title, you could go back through my accounts and see that.

If I committed fraud it was not with intent to do so, I knew nothing about finance back then, if i'm guilty of anything its guilt of someone hoping to be a property developer and to make money.

I would plead

But on Sup Forums i knew exactly what I was doing and yes, its fraud.

>buyer and lender of last resort called 'double penetration'

Recommended finance reading please?

UK Landlords here in the West Midlands.

* Buy houses around the 100-124k mark in the midlands or north, as you avoid the 5% stamp duty then.

* Do NOT rent to Blacks or Pakis - you will get more problems

* Screen the tenants a lot. double check references, get a photo copy of their passport, employment details - really get everything.

* Have fun !

Try Ha Joon Chang

>23 things they dont tell you about capitalism.

and the ft

>get a photo copy of their passport
Is that legal?
t. ignorant

>photo copy of their passport
do you really do this

Don't worry user. I'm not a police officer.

The evidential burden and legal burden are two different things.

>get a photo copy of their passport, employment details

You legally have to do that now due to the recent Home Office reforms pushing more of the immigration policing burden onto private landlords.

Yep. Since April last year I believe. It's to stop illegal immigration.

Yes.

It's not illegal to ask and it will put the overwhelming majority of idiots off immediately.

Its illegal not to, I had a letter from the Home Office reminding me its my responsibility that the tenants have a right to stay in the UK.

Like that's my fucking job, you let them in your daft cunts lol

Anyways we can definitely go to jail if we rent property to illeagal interlopers

I bought a high end condo presale in med school. Lived in it for 3 years and now use a leasing agency to rent it out for $800 CAD over my mortgage. Factoring in everything expense wise it nets me $500 a month which mostly covers the rent in the place I'm in for residency.

Also, low end properties are hard mode for landlording. Slimmer margins and generally retarded tenents. I rent my place out to a couple who work in accounting. I have a friend who did a similar thing but with a mid-low end 3 bedroom 2 bath home and it ended up being trashed by a family of natives who signed on with some sort of government program.

Ended up having to replace most of the flooring on the main level and the fridge and washing machine were toast. Net loss of about $17000 that year for him as they somehow water damaged the main level to the point the floor started rotting

You HAVE to do it.

gov.uk/check-tenant-right-to-rent-documents

Let's say I'm a young guy that wants to enter the biz

How do I get started

I am all for free markets but being a landlord, specifically letting out residential property has to be up there as the most basic bitch normie attempt at running a "business".

So much of the economy is drained into boomers bank accounts from flipping houses and extortionate rents. People can't even afford to start families to propagate society or the race unless they opt for a life of welfare or are extremely lucky and have daddy money handed down.

I hope the market comes crashing down.

Guys a goldmine, thanks

Oh my. As a principle I think it's a good idea, but putting private data in the hands of private persons seems a band-aid solution to illegal immigration at best.
As you said, better border controls would be vastly preferable.

Good luck with that. Pretty much everywhere in the US is niggerland now. Gentrification will clean up the ghettos, but you can't not rent to the niggers without a pretty valid fucking reason. or be prepared to fight it in court, costing thousands upon thousands of dollars in legal fees.

ah ok

Make a deal with yourself, now.

That you will take on this project and treat it as a project you've been given by God himself.

The hardest thing i found working for myself was motivating myself, I'm a lazy fucker.

Write down your goals, medium, short and long term. Be honest, be optimistic. If you dont believe in (you) no one else will.

Nice job only grabbing part of my quote, nufag. Plebbit misses you, time to go back.

God this is pathetic posting.

Here it's Section XIII (8). I suppose it's different for each state. Sort of like DHS (department of Human Services) being called something different in every state, I suppose.

>As you said, better border controls would be vastly preferable.
Tony Blair in his wisdom stopped our border securities exit count.

We have no idea who is here now. So now it's subbed out to us landlords, maybe this our our penance?

It wasn't infested when we bought it 20+ years ago, but the ghetto has been gentrified and now they're like fucking dandelion seeds in the wind. Good luck finding an area of any town in the US that's devoid of any color.