*43位/*46位 (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 16/06/24 Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活 1 [Blu-ray]【更新停止】

>*43位/*46位 (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 16/06/24 Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活 1 [Blu-ray]【更新停止】
>*61位/*62位 (**3,493 pt) [*,*26予約] 16/07/27 Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活 2 [Blu-ray]
>Charting after release
>Right into fucking top 50
Honestly haven't seen shit like this since GuP. The first volume is having stock issues too since they didn't expect the sudden demand.

I guess this is what happens when a studio really, really pours their all to deliver a proper adaptation.

HakoMari anime when?

You know, it comes to no surprise that the vocal majority of Sup Forums hates this show or at least the constant shitposters that plague the threads

Hopefully never, no one in Japan gives the slightest fuck about it and the novel is raw trash.

>said the Re:zero fag

Yes, I am a Re:Zero fag, I said that and I am right.

This show will be the next SAO. The hate is already here.

Leave the shitposting for the real shitposter.At least they're fun.

I'm glad we finally got another show about despair, There hasn't been any real suffering shows since Fafner Exodus.

Nah. My nephew is a big sao fan and he doesn't like it at all.

You know it is summer, right?
Underage kids like their ghoulshit and titanshit and they like to shitpost. Just ignore those kids.

How old is your nephew?

Now that the dust has settled in,
was it a good anime?

What is it with the Western fanbase and edgy shit?
Eflen Lied, Tokyo Ghoul, SnK, and now Re:Zero is pretty popular over here despite being complete garbage.
I don't even think the Nips liked th Elfen Lied and Tokyo Ghoul adaptations.

17 right now.

elfen lied is shit,
tokyo is quite shit
snk had good premise but turned out bad
rezero is great

it's not gore and death I lust for. I just enjoy tragedies and MC having capability to fuck things over multiple times is great.

I can admit that Re:Zero isn't nearly as bad as TG or Elfen Lied, but its sole appeal is suffering and edge. The characters don't exactly stand out as great and the plot is pretty standard. Yet its apparently really popular in the more casual sites.

>Honestly haven't seen shit like this since GuP.

Shirobako? that's not long time ago.

how about the great sound direction, you fucking nonce

Look at them. Look at them and laugh.

It's just shitposters mad that a single episode blew everything else out of the water.

>the way his head just flies off and their bodies slowly are caked in snow

>can't find any novel translations other than the first couple of chapters
>have to wait 20 years for yen press

Send help

Almost all Shirobako's 2nd cour episodes able to made all 8 BD volumes bump to top 100 of Amazon ranking, and i'm not sure could Re:Zero do the same since first 2 BD/DVD volumes of Re:Zero include event ticket, while that's not the case for Shirobako.

Great sound direction can't carry a show. Just look at Ghost Hound.

Sidonia, Fafner s2, Nagi no Asukara and Shirobako all did this before(maybe even more, can't remember), not trying to downplay it but maybe you should research more, it's unusual but not that rare.

>time loops becoming the new isekai

Ghost Hound was great, though.

Only reason I picked up this show is because I was promised an MC that was incompetent and punished for it (plus having an actual budget/plot). Honestly expected it to do much better though because it seems to have the right budget and characters to attract normies.

Another user here, what I like about Re:Zero is not the edge or suffering, it is the idea of turning down the notion that the power of will would not go against fate (shounen bullshit) and that realistically, you will fail (what Subaru wants to be doing). Such an act is equivalent to praying for a wish, which is an act of pride. Subaru's pride is what many consider to be his entire point in the series. He wants recognition, achievements known to others, be known as a hero (thus his actions of doing stupid crap and saving people like a shounen protagonist even though he will suffer and he did). Seeing his pride being hurt and goes slightly deeper into the depth of his true nature of wanting self-worth gives me characterization very similar to a hero's journey (the problem with calling it a hero's journey is that there's no concrete idea for Subaru to call a home). His true nature is truly flawed but contrarians like to argue on such ideas as saying he is unlikable. You do need to like him. You can call him trash but he is well-written trash. They say time loops create no tension or value. I say that is incorrect for this case as the failure across timelines hurts his own pride and to retaliate further without changing himself will gain him more failure. I love the worldbuilding as I read into the series (not the anime). Re: Zero has its own subtlety that many people would argue against. I love the parallels that the author gives on Greek mythology (the nature of sins, constellations) and characters themselves whether you notice it or not (there are). The characters themselves have their own defining trait beyond of what you see as generic as I read more into the series. They do not bend to the protagonist's will and the world does not revolve around Subaru. They act more like human beings (arguably) than you think.

It's the next SAO, you can just drop the silly pretensions.

Nigga we 404'd so many threads when the ep aired and they were full of praise

There's no vocal majority, just people pretending not to like what they watch every single week

>First volume in the top 50 several weeks after release
>Second volume in the Top 100
>All other volumes are in at least the Top 200
Sasuga White Fox

I've seen a lot of people who like the show drop it because of Subaru in episode 13.

Wrong, SAO is a Re:Zero clone, not the other way around.
Copy and improve.

Holy shit how much is reddit going to shill this crap?

Thread after thread after thread. Are they really that insecure about hiw shitty this show is?

What

Look at the number of threads this show gets.

>something has a big following
>it must be leddit

Seeing from all the bait threads saying it was a masterpiece (even I argue against such a thing), it was really not shilling but rather to create a stigma.

All of Konosuba's BD volumes charted above top 50.

It was funny seeing Konsuba's BD v1 at top 8 while the rest were hovering at top 30-50 back then.

Yeah to be honest it's not my favorite show or anything but I swear it's been a while since I've actually seen a studio really truly give a shit over one of these light novel things. Last time I got that impression was Madhouse with No Game No Life and before that something like Sunrise with Horizon and Accel World maybe

I think that it's popular because something happens in most episodes so it can be excited to watch. It's entirely possible to enjoy something that isn't well written and I think that most people don't understand that and think that enjoyable = well written.

Sup Forums is fucking retarded this way

I miss the times when all of you shit on this show prior to it starting showing and the first few episodes. All of you were such prophets.

>It won't sell
>It won't beat Habaneros
>It's a fucking harem
>Same old shit for sure. Dropped.

That was actually one of the best episodes by far. It showed depth of Subaru's character and revealed a lot more clearer (I saw his pride beforehand) of Subaru's flaws (and his entire character). I guess they want to see a one-dimensional main character.

Parallel World: Edge of Tomorrow

Only the shitposters infest the weekly threads, all the discussion happens the day of or the day before

>self inserts

>big following
>not the same bunch of active idiots spamming the same thread over and over again because they don't like how people shit on the show

True

b-but muh one dimensional self insert mc

The reason people dropped it was because Subaru was "out of character".

It's like they never watched the past 12 episodes and couldn't see how fucking obnoxious, obsessed, prideful he was.

The author/studio gave 11 fucking episodes to show how Subaru was, and still people couldn't see him as what he truly was.

I find parallels and self-awareness to be well-written in this series as well as quite a few of the characters.

>*43位/*46位 (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 16/06/24 Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活 1 [Blu-ray]【更新停止】

This is quite rare. Why did it chart back? It's like episode 7 hype all over again.

Its just like look I don't know about other people but maintain there's has go be at least some room for enjoying some things either individually or as a community and there has to be some balance between worst shit ever and god given masterpiece where the pendulum doesn't hard shift from one to the other at the whims of shitposters. I wonder if Sup Forums ever gets tired of some of its ongoing bullshit and blame everyone else for everything it claims not to like baggage

Popular episode, event tickets, been having stock issues for weeks. Its kind of emerged as that one LN adaptation of the summer that becomes more popular than anticipated. Also maybe sometimes these things happen when you give a show more than 12 episodes at a time and thus a chance to go somewhere in its run and grow an anime side to its fanbase.

Summer see a massive increase in new users, moot already confirmed it. But keep blaming the boogieman.

I knew Re:Zero fags were delusionals but I didn't know they were actively denying reality

doesn't see*

They argued for some reason that the episode went against his character development when in reality, they didn't actually look at what his actions and words dictated beforehand that it was all his own pride. I am saying this: Subaru is one of the best mc in the entire year. He has depth, he has development, he has flaws that the series itself is aware of.
All the more reason to shitpost.

>been having stock issues for weeks
I mean, they should have known it was gonna be big after its leap in rankings after episode 7.

Well to be honest, I can't blame them for second guessing. They were up against Kabaneri and Macross. Till now it still makes me laugh how Re:Zero actually beat Kabaneri in sales.

Both of you are fucking idiots.

Wasn't that behaviour normal for someone with such pressure over him? He has died a lot of times, he have to protect other's lifes without being thanked for it, he can't explain his situation to anyone, it's normal that he exploded. I'm sure everybody who criticizes him would shit themselves every iterationbefore doing something remarkable.

That's what's funny.

People keep on saying they hate one-dimensional MCs. But when one shows up who has a lot of facets they suddenly shut up and go "nah, not for me, that's out of character".

> Both == 3 people
> People who disagree with me are baiting
Stay in school summerfag.

>the shitposters of this show are so disgustingly angry that ep 15 was fantastic, that they spammed 3D gore in the last two threads

What is it about this show that makes people so goddamn angry? Is it because it overshadows everything else?

It's because a lot of people didn't expect it to be actually good and popular. So those who keep on trolling the show just bait out and keep riling up people. When that stopped working, well, that's when the 3d gore started.

Wait were there three people? If so, then the three of you are idiots.

>overshadows everything else

What a delusional moron.

It's popular. There's thousands of threads about it every day. People get irrationally mad at it. Hell even I am starting to get annoyed at how many threads there are about it even though i adore the show.

Why don't you spam some gore to dry off your tears, friend?

Re:Zero is the best thing that aired last season and also the best thing that is currently airing, by far.

cuz the universe is interesting

>The characters don't exactly stand out as great
Betelgeuse is a great villain.

They are calling this guy to be an SAO villain for some damn reason and calling Subaru a standard LN character (which is obviously bullshit, there is no LN character remotely like him that fits into a category). Seriously, was it just this guy that they hated?

Name something better from last season that can beat the kino in this last episode.

Again what the fuck is a kino?

What annoys me is not there are a lot of threads. What really irritates me is how this series actually shows those that pay attention, understand context, actually "watch", and those who don't. People keep asking the same damn questions even though it has been fucking fully answered in the show.

I don't understand.

Like I said, they hate the show because it became good and popular. That's it.

Eh, I'd argue that is Jojo. Aside from that, yeah. I'd put Re:Zero second. Bungou stray dogs was all about that ass. Kabaneri went off the rails.

Russian word for "movie"

I still don't get it, what does it have to do with anything? Do you mean that the last episode was like a russian film or something?

>not liking Ghost Hound
you're shit

just look up kinography

This series won't be the next SAO.
People hate watching an MC that has actual flaws and who isn't super strong or gets an asspull OP ability during the first few episodes.

Re:Zero fags ladies and gentlemen.

Their heads have gone so far into their asses they actually believe this is the best shit ever.

>They hate the show because it became good and popular

Yep, you can see the same thing happen with every single popular show ever.

>Mai-Hime

Man I remember getting hyped because off all the stakes in that show. Then suddenly the fucking last episode happened. Fuck.

Even Digibro is against you.

It's over, we've won. This isn't just an uphill battle.

Wait really?
Didn't he call this just another generic isekai?

>Digibro

He dropped this how prior to it's showing because he was so sure that it's just the normal harem isekai show. He never watched it.

Re:Zero is Aots already. It's simply a masterpiece. A deconstruction of the Isekai trope. Nothing will ever come close to it. The last episode was Kino pure. The cinetography and the cinematic timing were outstanding. 11/10, Finally an intelligent anime for intelligent alpha males such as myself.

I rather Re:Zero to be a big thing that everyone is talks about than SAO, SAO is just pure dog shit.

You should make it more subtle. It's too obvious.

I thought Elliot Rodger killed himself

He watched episode 15 and liked it.

I know, it's annoying seeing all those Kiritos in mmo

They say that Betelgeuse Romanee-conti does not fit nor does his insanity make things better. They say he is only for shock value and acts as a one-dimensional evil villain. Since when did a one-dimensional evil villain actually have a goal to bring about of who he believes to be god and following orders? All of the Witch Cult are following orders (I don't know about Capella, she's just insane). He has beliefs and ideals that are actually considered good but flawed through his own character (love, diligence, must not be sloth). His own nature as a villain reflects as a force of nature (seven deadly sins) that acts as a purpose (see Greek mythology of the purpose of the seven deadly sins as they were created to cause chaos, madness, and imperfections of humanity as humans were becoming too perfect. Fundamentally, Pandora's box is considered the embodiment of madness and destruction. Something of which the villains all fit.) The witch cult's massacred can be considered unnecessary, but they follow their own modus operandi of ritualistic murder that signify their actions under the belief of their supposed god (burnings, crucifixion, gouging of eyes). The witches and bishops all represent insanity, madness, destruction, chaos. All of which that fit and not because they are part of the story as an excuse. Symbolism that people do not see.

well he's not wrong about the cinematography

it was pure kino

c'mon man, you're not even trying at this point

Some idiots will fall for it and that's enough. Also think of all the (you)s I'll be getting. I'm getting hard just thinking about it.