What was western society like before 9/11?

What was western society like before 9/11?

OP didn't exist and everything was great!....but then...

The right vs. left political talk was virtually the same at the federal level.

I'll tell you about the mall since I had a response typed up before mods killed that thread.

Back when I was a teen it was pretty cool. Lots of stores, restaurants (even ones that had smoking sections), and an arcade. Families pushing their kids around in strollers and eating at the food court. There was even a police substation there that had a display case where you could look at guns, crack pipes, and shivs and shit they'd confiscated at various points in history. I worked at a couple of stores there part time, so I was there probably 4-5 days/wk. I usually ended up there at least one other day to meet friends or check on my co-workers, get my paycheck, buy a CD, etc. Since then, it's been remodeled, so it's in better nick than it used to be but it's really artificial. Lots of stores closed though, I hear there are a lot of units that are empty. Also it's full of niggers now. Cops constantly there breaking up fights and collaring shoplifters. I don't go anymore.

blockbuster lasted until 2014

Maybe online but not their retail locations.

Fuck Blockbuster. Late fees, stopped renting out SNES games way too early.

People were less angry. Families enjoyed holidays together more frequently. A lot less narcissism and materialism. Life was much more simple and pure.

Me and my dad used to go there on his motorcycle, he would always get a movie and i would get a game. Good times.

Life was comfy back then. America was the only superpower and there were no enemies. we all lived like it would last forever. until the sandies attacked

Slower computers but saner people. Western Civ is ready for the rubber room.

People never rewound their shit, any rented vidya had scratches to hell.

i used to live in north LA back in 2013 and there was a blockbuster down my street

Magical

FUKA YU DORPHRIN!
FUKA YU WHARU!

WATCHAN THE SUPER STATION

Malls were actually fun and varied. Aka not just all clothing stores.

Seriously most mall stores and just brand name clothing stores now. All with stuff you can find cheaper and of comparable quality at target, wallmart or amazon.

1950s: Post war prosperity and Red Scare

1960s: Commie counter culture

1970s: 60s hangover; like having smoked weed the night before; Vietnam; second half better than the first

1980s: rise of aggressive classism and consumerism in middle classes; fusion of Leftism and elitism; height of middle class consumerism

1990s: calm before the storm; fall of Communism didn't actually mean it had ended in the US

2001: 911 seen not as tragedy by Elites but used as opportunity to kick Neo-Commie shit into overdrive

this 1010%

Life was great, till America made up a fake reason to invade my country and now I'm living in a degenerate Western country

Life seemed so open. There seemed to be so many possibilities.

The future seemed really bright desu. I remember looking forward to every day.

God it was so wonderful back then. I really miss it. I wanna go back.

it was pretty comfy tbqh.

20th century? Kikeish trickery instigating wars
19th century? America swinging it's dick around as well as France and the unification of German clay
18th century? America skullfucking itself and the world. That's all that mattered
17th century? Fuck off, Kebab
16th century? Fuck off, Jews
15th century? Fuck off Jews
14th century? Fuck off Jews, Niggers, and Turks...oh shit you have a rather large army though, Turks
13th century? I said fuck off, snownigger barbarian
12th century? Fuck off, Europe. Stop taking our science.

Everything else is relatively irrelevant, besides the eternal date of reckoning -- 70 AD.

not too far off.

1950s was full of boom/bust cycles though, the economy was very much based on what time of the year it was.

The current political divide was non existent. You didn't know what your coworkers political views were, pretty much everybody had no political views.
And honestly, there wasn't this much racism.

t. sunni iraqi

Thats not what happened at all.

Yeah, the 1952 and 1956 election were so quiet and boring, only Nixon was around backstabbing in the darkness where it belonged. The same candidates on both sides ran twice. It was a gentlemans country.

Actually, there are still a few Blockbusters left, mostly in Alaska.

Pre 2001 was the swan song of the middle class. After that, the economy tanked, the fear engine was in full swing, and we went from a strong middle class into a death spiral of economic poverty.

Malls were the canary in the coal mine. It's horrible to see one of the local ones- it's down to a Sears, a few random stores, and everything else is dead and abandoned (95% vacant).

It was about the same but there was less security and people cared slightly more about their privacy.

Also the internet was less capable but it wasn't full of normies like it is today.

Seriously though stuff hasn't really changed that much in 16 years.

Other than airports and music being better, it was worse. Google was just starting, no youtube, flas videos were just comming along. You pretty much got most your media from cable, radio, and news papers. Also clinton was president.

jesus fuck I'm a retard I swear to god 9/10

If you were rich it was awesome, if you were not then it was about the same as now. I remember when columbine happened, I was about 16 I think. Most of the not so cool kids got treated like potential school shooters for a while. I worked at a blockbuster and it was a shit job. The last one I visited had $1 each for 5 day rentals in about 2010.

Physical media was a huge industry there were whole multi level stores filled with CDs that sold for 17.99 a pop. Movie theaters were bustling with people and they spent way more on big elaborate displays. Places like swimming holes, swimming pools, and parks would be packed with families on the weekends. Throughout the 90s Jewish influence on children's film reached it's height, there was an insane amount of bizaare and inexplicable sexualized content in kids movies. Check out stuff like the Sandlot or Blank Check as an example.

>Be 10yo
>Get a demo CD for some PS1 game I don't remember the name of, think it was Destruction Derby or some shit
>Only one level and a few of the vehicles available
>Would play it for hours on this one shitty level
>One day mum lets me rent something from Blockbuster for a weekend
>Decide to get that shit
>Best fucking weekend of my life, I used a fucking monster truck on a skyscraper instead of that shitty van in some scrapyard
>Fuck yeah Destruction Derby

Same, but he had a car, pretty cool your dad rode a Motorcycle.

There were a lot fewer muslims in Europe. America had a military base here which they used to corrupt our youth, subvert traditions and spread their mulatto genes.

I'll tell you one bright spot of hope I saw recently - I was going to my nephew's baseball game mid-morning on Saturday at the park. Since they closed the pool several years ago, they put in a "splash pad" for kids. Usually there are a bunch of niggers there. Saw a bunch of cars and people standing around and when I got closer I was dumbfounded that it was literally ALL well dressed white families.

right and left wing was very similar, idea of American exceptionalism was heavily supported. Some one like Trump would just be a democrat and not controversial at all. Gays where not accepted in society, people didn't get offended by jokes. Dads where dads not Nu-males telling there boys that masculinity is a problem. Women loved men and the family, Motherhood was still valued and positively looked at.

It was great. You could check into a flight at the airport within a hour with little effort. Now you have to give yourself 2-3 hours before a flight.

>And honestly, there wasn't this much racism
People didn't start becoming racist till the left stop look at all of us as Americans, and insisted saw us a white people or black or Mexican, and started blaming whites for everything. SJW's in 5 years have undone everything Martin Luther King had achieved.

Their is a blockbuster in Sandy Oregon, about 45min from where I live.

Still shit. You have to go back to the 1920s before everyone was a retard to find a good society.

Destruction Derby Raw was God tier

Better

Pretty nice. Spent a lot of time reading the Chicago Tribune at Steak & Shake late at night and soaking up all those free refills.

Whites trusted one another. Kids feared for serial killers and magic the gathering players. McDonalds fried food in animal fats. It was a better time...

>>Get a demo CD for some PS1 game I don't remember the name of, think it was Destruction Derby or some shit
>>Only one level and a few of the vehicles available
>>Would play it for hours on this one shitty level
Fuck yeah, or shareware in the mid-90s. I got Wolf3D shareware at FutureShop and played the shit out of it. Same with Doom. Over and over again, the same levels because shareware was $5 but retail was $50

Concur, my grandfather was an Ironworker. Work pretty much stopped once the snow flew. Now we work through all the worst weather. My granddad would tell us how they saved every penny to make it through to spring when work resumed.

>Malls were the canary in the coal mine. It's horrible to see one of the local ones- it's down to a Sears, a few random stores, and everything else is dead and abandoned (95% vacant).
Mine is pretty much just a movie theatre, and that's it.

Last I heard there was talk of turning all the rest of it into a massive paintball arena, but I don't think it went anywhere.

Times were cozy and families mattered.

Please be kind, rewind.