The greatest masterpiece of the past decade

The greatest masterpiece of the past decade.

A perfect fusion of cute characters, powerful music and sharp animation all come together to make one of the most loveable and believable cast of characters ever comitted to film.

Admit it, episode 20 and 24 made you cry

I almost fucking cried at the end, and I didn't even cry when my grandpa died

Agreed.

Episode 20 and their last performance were good but I think watching the credits at the end of the movie was the most painful part. Not only because I knew that there was no hope for more K-on but because part of me knew that it was for the best to end their story there.

I didn't cry, but god damn, it was something else.

I recently bought the BDs for both seasons and the movie.
I rewatched it all over a couple days and now I'm left feeling even more depressed than the first time I finished it all.

I also ordered all 6 volumes of the manga so hopefully they'll arrive soon and make me feel better.

They will won't they?

At least, until you finish them.

I ordered a copy of Houkago Live HD on the PS3 as well just in case the manga isn't enough.

Hopefully I won't want to kill myself after it's all said and done...

K-on is a really strange show. The first episodes don't really make such big impression, but little be little the characters make their way into your hearth. Their lives are not very exiting and nothing particularly amazing happens to them but the show as this familiar, warm feeling that draws you in. And it makes you happy but before you realize the end is near and you wish they could stay in that simple yet happy place that is the club room.

But they don't. They move on with their lives leaving you behind.

I forgot Houkago Live was also on the PS3. I emulated it a while back.

I think you mean a tedious piece of crap that's not even funny or exciting in any way and the most mentally retarded cast of characters in recent history.

But hey, you're allowed to like what you like, even though it's objectively shit.

If you were talking about Love Live S2 I could agree, but K-On was just mediocre.

*using PPSSPP.

>objectively shit.
Good bait, you had me going up till this point. 8/10.

I don't want to talk about 20 and 24

>But they don't. They move on with their lives leaving you behind.

This is sad. I want to know what happened to them.

Mio and Azusa are the only remotely authoritarian characters, Mugi is definitely on the libertarian side, more central

When's the K-On College anime adaptation coming?

Heck, or even just a quick TV special showing the girls as they are now, now that they're all 25.

Never ever. the college/azuna generation chapters are okay, but the anime ended to perfectly to keep going.

>When's the K-On College anime adaptation coming?
Never, Kyoani is done with the story and it ended perfectly anyways.

>Heck, or even just a quick TV special showing the girls as they are now, now that they're all 25.
This is maybe possible.

i rarely mean this unironically, but kill yourself

Have fun with your dead franchise while I continue to enjoy LL!

But he's right.

So until the very end? Wow, I'm pretty good.

Seriously though, the show is shit but what am I gonna do to stop you from gushing over it. Just saying OP has either not seen much anime or is a fucking basket case.

No, K-on is extremely good. You should probably watch it some time.

Episodes 20 and 24 are bittersweet. Episode 26 is just depressing with Sawachan caressing a picture of the keions and the girls leaving school for the last time with Fuwa Fuwa time playing in the background.

Ok Digi you can leave now.

>extremely good
It's one of the biggest turds ever shat out by the anime industry, though not quite Umaru level. It's the culmination of everything that makes moeblob terrible, and as such I hate it though it really appeals to some people.

Again, have you ever watched it? It's everything that people like about moeblob shows and more.

You know user some times you just have to deal with the fact that people like things you don't like.

Is your favorite anime Sword Art Online or Mirai Nikki?

Not him, but I don't see your point. I watched and thoroughly enjoyed both K-on! and Sword Art Online.

For what I read in a few threads it went like this.

>Some e-celebrity that likes k-on talked shit about SAO
>SAOfags got mad and retaliated by taking their anger on K-on

These K-On threads have always blamed anyone who doesn't consider the show a masterpiece on some boogieman.

It's becauae no one who says the show is shit ever admits to having had watched it of offer any intelligent critique aside from name-calling qnd use of the word "kyoanus".

>of the past decade
You mean of all decades?

It was the other way around though. It was in a SAO thread that everyone that disliked SAO was called a moefag/k-onfag/Youtuber etc.

Now that I care though I used to talk shit about K-on until a year ago but after watching it I fell in love with the show.

what if you don't like moeblob shows

K-on cute christmas cakes doing cute cake things anime when?

the more life experience you have the more pleasure you can garner from watching k-on. if you dont enjoy it its because your frame of reference is too narrow. it is as simple as that.

1 year to go before the first 4 become cake.

pretty sure my grandfather wouldn't care for k-on either

Nah is the opposite. Many SOL shows today put more effort into the moe elements plus fanservice. Now I don't think that this is a bad thing because I also enjoy those shows but I pointed out because in K-on the moe is there but is not the main attraction in fact some people think that K-on is not as cute as other more recent shows. Also the fanservice in K-on is minimal.

he would. he'd care for it so hard.

I started watchingTetsujin28 many years ago but that never stopped from enjoying K-on.

They're all cake now.
They all turned 25 this year.

The gap IMO is between the ones that put comedy first (yuru yuri) and those that put moe first (Kiniro)

the former is generally better

How to cure post-keion depression?

More Keion.

As an anime beginner, do I watch K-On! or Texhnolyze first?

Thanks, guys!

But there isn't any more.
It's all finished.

Why do all of the multiple conclusions in this show feel so abrupt?

The Inuyasha ending themes are better than all the music in the anime combined.

Just watch more CGDCT. You won't run out.

Fuwa fuwa time echoes through the empty school for one last time.

I'm watching the second season of non non biyori right now, but I just know I'm gonna cry myself to sleep when I go to bed tonight.

Hidamari Sketch was better.

both are shit shows

this

I'm a kyo-ani fag and still think k-on is a piece of shit

you have shit taste, then. K-on is fantastic

FUCK YOU

The cast worked great together. There were no great stereotypes. Every character moved on and touched the others lives. It made me feel for every single one of them when they left school. Shit was depressing.

watamote never had 24 episode it not right.

All k-on fan Should help watamote get a second season it right thing do.

That picture is so cute

How do they do it

The watamote anime was terrible compared to the manga.

man I dont know. the naturalistic poses plays a big part. the expressive faces. you've got mugi looking all serious and defiant, mio maybe laughing at that in a rare relaxed moment. ritsu has just run back from the camera, yui looking happy and pensive. there's a lot going on in a single frame.

Yeah it's fucking beautiful

And they do it with most art for the show, even the most recent official art we got had the girls goofing around to take a picture, it's adorable

watamote anime was little bit better than manga rewatch the anime again.

I know what i'm tailing about because I watch anime and read manga at same time.

Did you watch all watamote ?

>ESL still butthurt enough over no Watamote S2 to invade other threads

How long have you been doing this man?

5 month of this i'm heartbroken something this great only got one season this anime did everything right.

Every time some one call it terrible they didn't get the first 3 episode.

B E S T
E
S
T

Pic unrelated

How can a show be this overrated? It's not terrible but it's really not that good

You just don't value fun.
Ritsu during her Drummer episode was the cutest.

A lot of people all over the internet want a second season.

You just don't understand why people love it so much.
Watching K-On is a lot like making friends. You care about them more and more as time goes on and then you have to say goodbye.

year two class trip that would make a great anime.

But it wasn't the greatest of the past decade.

One of the best works in the medium.

Classic and Timeless

This. NNB is so much better

NNB is babby's first SOL. Only normals or shounenfags like it.

Does Mio have the best legs?

kill yourself

You first. What does K-Off have that NNB doesn't?

K-on has an actual story.
NNB is just about some kids in rural japan and nothing else.
K-on actually has dynamic characters that change throughout the show.
both are good though.

>The greatest masterpiece of the past decade.
there are people who unironically believe this
what the actual fuck is wrong with this world

says the guy posting 3D shit

Keion had better OST, direction and animation. Aside from technical mertis Keion had more top tier episodes. S2 was essentially a big highlight reel of great anime episodes. Also Keion cast > NNB cast. NNB had Renge and Hotaru as good characters. All the Keion girls and Sensei were top tier.

I've gone the last 5 years watching tons of anime, but none have made me feel so many things like K-on. Even when I watch it again (5 times so far) it makes me smile even though I know what they're going to do next.

Recently went to Tokyo and they were still making buyfag stuff. Not much but I'm glad they haven't been forgotten in the sea of new moeblobs and school idols.

I don't think you can really compare them like that since they're actually very different.

I think you got the wrong picture

>When you realize that Mugi is canonically whiter than the rest of Keions

Hibike doesn't nearly have as much emotional charge as K-ON does. Try again phoneposter.

>Hibike doesn't nearly have as much emotional charge as K-ON does.
Not that guy but K-ON is literally just cute girls doing cute things. How can that have more emotional charge?

>K-ON is literally just cute girls doing cute things.
But its not. The girls develop and change throughout the show.

Because you're invested more in Keion than any other anime. Maybe except Tamako.

I watched a few minutes from the movie after skimming through this thread. My expression turned into a smile almost instantly.

This show is pure sugar, can't believe it still makes me feel this way.

Finns are white