Why isn't more of Nekojiru's manga translated

Other urls found in this thread:

translatingnekojiru.tumblr.com/
translatingnekojiru.tumblr.com/post/126945068798/heres-nekojiru-udon-volume-2-chapter-13-again#notes
pelleas.net/aniTOP/index.php/yoshiaki_yoshinaga_on_nekojiru
mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/shock-pigs-caught-camera-fighting-5265559
liveleak.com/view?i=855_1425380286
enjoynekojiru.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why isn't more of Nekojiru's manga translated

cattes

red pilled alt right cattes

These remind me of that John K comic where Jimmy is a turtle food collector and ll the insects ask him to spare their pathetic lives

The tone of the works and the fact that the mangaka committed suicide is probably related to each other.

I wonder what the Youtube autists who chimped out over Ren Seeks Help's animal abuse would think of this manga

Skipping to a really funny chapter
I expected the tone to be the same as the OVA but it's radically different

OVA = weird surreal art film thing

Manga = no-fucks-given dark comedy

It is pretty disturbing. I can understand if people don't like translating it.

Recently bought Nekojiru Manjuu. Might consider scanning if it's not already available.

I think it's fucking hilarious but maybe the fact that I'm as brokebrained as the author herself probably helps

I don't personally have a problem but I can see why people wouldn't like translating it.

I googled and some fat tumblr user said they would scanlate it translatingnekojiru.tumblr.com/ but the post is over a year old so it's not gonna happen

So... do it.

Nice. Haven't gone through it but if it's too fragile I'll probably have to break in first. Also, I can't translate.

Volume 2 is translated, awaiting editing.

Maybe you should dig a bit for a bit to see if the raw is anywhere, I fucking suck at finding raws

What group?

The author must've had a pretty shitty childhood.

storytiming is too much trouble so I'm gonna link this translatingnekojiru.tumblr.com/post/126945068798/heres-nekojiru-udon-volume-2-chapter-13-again#notes

I bet she enjoyed abusing animals as much as Shotaro Ishinomori

the TV show is neat but I wish it wasn't so low budget

a TV series with the kind of art & animation the OVA had would be insane

You'd be wrong.

So, you are not the same user who posted a lot of Nekojirou raws few years ago? I don't know if desustorage kept all the old threads.

Habanero

>watched the cat soup OVA
>not the Nekojiru short anime
Hmm

She did treat her cat pretty badly.

You can easily find raws by googleing ねこぢる rar.

Literally whipped her cat into obedience, you dumb fuck.

I don't recall reading that. Do you have a source?

How so?

>Nekojiru had a cat. Her way of training her cat was a bit hard to stomach. When he did something he wasn't supposed to do, she lashed him with a whip. She sometimes used an amount of force with her cat that was clearly animal abuse. As a result, the cat didn't listen to Yamano or I, but never failed to follow Nekojiru's instructions.
pelleas.net/aniTOP/index.php/yoshiaki_yoshinaga_on_nekojiru

Thanks. Forgot all about that.

Nope, I only got into this today.
I watched it when I was 14 and just getting into anime, I didn't know to look this up back then. But I may have liked the TV anime more back then.

That fucking episode

Actually, like half the fucking episodes

But that one in particular

>Once we were eating with a friend at a sushi bar that we frequented because we often came up with interesting ideas there. As we sat quietly eating, suddenly Nekojiru blurted out, "This roe is disgusting. I bet it's fake!"

>The noisy restaurant went dead silent. The cook stood rooted to the spot in front of us, knife hovering in the air in mid-chop. Taken aback and uncertain what to do, I froze up.

>Once the initial shock had worn off, the cook was able to respond, "I can assure you it's real..."

>To try to save the situation, I gave it a good laugh to try to pass it off as a joke.

>Nekojiru was always honest - sometimes to the point of rudeness.

>Once she called up the editor of a major magazine in the middle of the night to make the following request: "I want a different liaison."

>"Why?" the editor asked.

>"Because he's fat."

Hahahaha holy fuck I figured Nyako was a self-insert but not THAT much of a self insert. She really was just as much of a sociopath.

>To be continued. Translated from Jisatsu Sarechatta Boku 自殺されちゃった僕 by Yoshinaga Yoshiaki 吉永嘉明 (11/25/2004, Asuka Shinsha), a book describing in simple, direct words three of the author's acquaintances who commited suicide within the last seven years: Nekojiru, Masaaki Aoyama, and his wife.

Now I want that book.

I love stuff like this, takes me back to being a kid doing cruel things to insects and pretending they have feelings.

Translators dont want to die of mental issues.

holy shit, this chick is actually crazy

>When my wife committed suicide six years later in the fall of 2003, I found a pillar of support in another person who had lost his wife to suicide: Yamano. He understood my feelings of instability at the time. As I was teetering on the edge of mental exhaustion, he pushed me in the right direction.
Three women committed suicide... I don't know why this is so unsettling.

To me, it seems a little strange because I get the sense that the black humour in Nekojiru's manga relies on the creator being self-aware of its weird creepiness and poking fun, but these anecdotes makes it seem like she's the type of person to be oblivious of it all. I honestly wonder if she found the jokes in her manga funny for the same reason I find it funny.

As a sadbrained sociopath I can confirm that it's very possible to be self-aware that you're acting horrible and laugh at yourself but still find yourself unable to control it. It's pretty obvious the cats are supposed to be awful and that's where the comedy comes from; she was probably self-hating about her own behavior but knew how to harness comedy out of it.

I mean, it's a dark comedy series about the characters doing messed up things; she wouldn't have dedicated chapters to the cats acting rude and shitty if she thought acting rude and shitty was totally normal every day behavior. She likely realized she was abnormal.

>I started to get dizzy and thought, "It would be better if I could just spend my whole life in isolation."

also lol

Kek.
These translation are so sad.
>How could you have done something like that to yourself when you could be so caring about others?
>I ask Nekojiru and I ask my wife.
>How could you leave behind the people you cared for?

Part of me doesn't want to accept the selfishness of their act.

did she make this shit up or do dogs actually go around with dead children's body parts in their mouths in India

Just take a look at the Ganges. Is a shithole.

I'm surprised you haven't seen that one infamous gif with the pigs going around fighting over a dead fetus. It gets posted every now and then on Sup Forums. Rural India is pretty shocking by first world standards.

Video I'm talking about: mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/shock-pigs-caught-camera-fighting-5265559

Don't they throw all the dead bodies in the river? Dogs could easily pick something up.

liveleak.com/view?i=855_1425380286 this does look like something out of a Nekojiru story

lol

apparently she was also really into aphex twin

yep

enjoynekojiru.tumblr.com/ here's the source by the way

I'm gonna go to sleep and stop bumping this thread so it'll probably die soon, but check out Nekojiru's work since it's good shit

Holy crap, author really is a psychopath.