Oi

Oi.

Time for another delinquent / yankii / bosozoku thread.

Few things going on recently. Firstly, all of Volume 15 of Rokudenashi Blues has been scanlated now, and it was great (Morita > your favourite manga artist).

Also delinquentanon has scanlated another chapter of Bucchigiri/Bad Boys Boogie, which I am aware I am the only person reading. Not only that but they've scanlated the first chapter of Bad Boys, which was in desperate need of attention, even if it's not one of the regular series they plan on doing.

And we've got a few new Be-Bop High School chapters. One of which I am going to dump now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-XqFGnZToKw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Long as fuck chapter. First BBH OVA was based on part of this chapter it seems.

I hope this guy is a long recurring character.

Thanks for dumping

What, is the girl gonna fight too?

The OVA which covered this was great by the way, had Wakamoto voicing a delinquent.

Nah, they usually don't fight in BBH. At least not so far.

>sorry I gotta crap
>ha ha look at the pussy running away

He literally crapped his pants, didn't he

At least a little for sure.

Toru seems to have less bad luck than Hiroshi.

>My shit was real fucking hard today

Surely the most unnerving thing to hear in a fight.

I like how no one ever believes any of Toru's shit.

I've been slacking off, gotta catch up with RokuBlues, Clover, Rainbow, BBH, Osu!! Karatebu, A-bout!! and gotta check out Bad Boys now. Hope the story is not as lackluster as the art seems to be.

This is the kind of stuff I like, the tough talk and banter
Beelzebub had some of that early on but then it became a shitty battle shonen

I need to read Rainbow actually, havwen't read any of it. Only read like two volumes of Osu Karate Bu.

Latest volume of RokuBlues was fantastic start to finish, Clover has been great for a while and looks like it's heading for an interesting story arc, BBH is always top tier and I need more A-bout!, good mix of comedy and serious shit.

As for Bad Boys, I'm sure the art will improve, the first chapter is like lazy Togashi tier art. The story looks like it'll be interesting, kind of feels like it might be KKOW and SJG mixed together but who knows.

More or less every chapter of BBH has been like this.

is BBH still running or is it already finished?

I kind of like the way they do power levels in BBH. Kato and Toru always act like dumbasses but when shit goes down everyone is scared of them, but they still have moments where they get their shit handed to them. It's better than delinquent MCs being able to batter loads of guys on their own.

Finished. 48 Volumes. From the top of my head I think it's the longest delinquent manga ever with Chamelon coming in second with 1 volume less.

I wonder what the fuck they write about for so long.

>I wonder what the fuck they write about for so long
ORAAA
GORUAAA
BRING IT BITCH
COME AT ME
Then, I suppose, new characters rumble in occasionally and freshen the air. Rinse and repeat.

Started reading Rokudenashi Blues the other day.. It's the first Yankee manga I disliked, I can't like any of the characters and the artstyle is not my cup of tea.

Weird because it's supposed to be one of the good ones

10/10. I can no longer read GORRRRAAAA in anyone's voice other than Wataru Takagi's Onizuka/Okuyasu voice.

Nice panelling, simple but effective.

Sometimes it's hard to tell characters apart because they all look fairly similar, save a few stray bangs or scar or mole

It's literally the best one. The only other delinquent manga which had an impact like RokuBlues that I can think of is Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daishou (although I bet some shoujo yankii manga like High Teen Boogie or Hot Road were as influential, I hear Hot Road was pretty popular).

Give it some more time, I wasn't the biggest fan of it at the beginning either, especially the writing, but it improves, if you don't like the art though then that's tough because it really is great. Maybe try Rookies to ease yourself into the style and then come back to RB.

I agree but luckily with something like BBH the only characters you need to really be aware of are the MCs.

In something like Worst where some of the sameface is much worse it's fucking impossible to remember who is who and why they are relevant in some chapters.

>upperclassmen
What does he say in the original moon? "senpai"?

The main reason I am desperate to read more Bucchigiri is because of how much I enjoyed Rookies. Delinquents and Baseball sounds like a winning combination.

Morita's artsyle evolution is kind of odd, he went from almost hyper realism in early RokuBlues to a less detailed style during it final few volumes and for Rookies, and the art at the beginning of his Manzai manga looks more like a mix of the two.

As good as he is, still not better than Tetsuo "GOAT" Hara.

And it's done.

The follow up chapter was released by Hokuto no Gun recently and it's pretty funny, and also much shorter.

Thanks for dumping man I enjoyed it

>I hear Hot Road was pretty popular
Really, first time I'm hearing that. I'm not so sure RokuBlues has been the most influential delinquent manga though, quite a bold claim seeing how many other manga have been so popular, especially with live actions and such.

Popular amongst Shoujo readers and mangaka that is, don't know how popular it was in terms of sales and whatever. It's brilliant though, I haven't read any delinquent manga quite like it.

As for RokuBlues it definitely has the top spot in terms of sales and popularity because it was amongst the best ranking and selling manga in WSJ golden period. It seems to have some good international market as well (bastard Frenchfags have had the whole thing available for ages as I've said before).

I've argued with chartfag for ages about Crows being a pretty influential delinquent manga for things that came out in the late 90s and later after the delinquent boom period, I see it's influence in terms of characters and action in a few other manga which are doing/have done fairly well. Whereas something I found interesting about early yankii manga is that they never seem to be very similar to each other whereas other genres tend to rip off the most popular of their particular genre a lot more (in as much as for a while everything was a Hokuto no Ken clone, and then a Dragonball clone).

I've also previously said yankii manga have a weirdly large number of live action movies, even the less popular ones. I still don't know why.

And the follow up page.

Also the next volume of RokuBlues has the best volume name of any manga I've seen so far. When it starts getting scanlated I'll have to change the official Yankii thread theme music from The Blue Hearts to The Clash.
youtube.com/watch?v=-XqFGnZToKw

Thank god I'm here just in time, I'm working on pic related(Volume Release), my TL used the term 'Yankii', would you guys be cool with that or should it be 'Yankee'? My TL's chill enough to where I don't think they'd mind the change but since you guys are the ones that read delinquent manga, I want an opinion.

Wrong pic, here is the manga I'm talking about.

I think the term is 'officially' Yankii as it's a purposeful corruption of the word Yankee. I doubt anyone will mind though. Where is this pic from though?

Same as It's Guren 5, a shoujo delinquent manga and it's more like Kongou Banchou in terms of story rather than actual delinquent manga. A chapter is out but me and my translator are gonna do volume releases since it's only 3 volumes long, but thanks for the input, user, I just wanna use the right term.

Any new delinquent is appreciated, I'll be looking forward to it.

Unrelated but I'd like to know what Private school means in Japan, over here you would get no delinquents at all in Private school (which are confusingly called Public schools as well).

Fuck if I know mean, I get confused too since a lot of the stuff I work on uses school terms and a lot of my TLs alternate. 'High School', 'Private Academy', 'Academy', and now 'Private School'.

Woah that looks awful, thanks for your hard work user. Maybe check out some other delinquent manga pending scanlations for the future?