Mozilla donates $100k to Antifa aligned "open-source group" Riseup

Wtf, I am now a Bravemissile.

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/10/03/mozilla-awards-half-million-open-source-projects/

riseup.net/en/about-us/politics

Other urls found in this thread:

labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/
github.com/brave/browser-laptop/projects/1
github.com/brave/browser-laptop/wiki/Brave-Tor-Support
palemoon.org/privacy.shtml
palemoon.org/technical.shtml
qupzilla.com/download
github.com/QupZilla/qupzilla/wiki/Plugins
community.kde.org/Incubator/Projects/Falkon
gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/
youtu.be/p3kdmOQlqfQ?t=12608
riseup.net/en/about-us
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerationism
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-02-15/soros-buys-google-comverse-while-selling-visteon-corp-shares
secure.marketwatch.com/story/george-soros-buys-stakes-in-alphabet-netflix-dumps-disney-general-motors-2016-11-14
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Any browsers that don't suck dick now that Mozilla are kill?

Man, I tried for the longest time to _NOT_ know what this "antifa" is. Dafuq man. This manufactured Sup Forums acronym shit has to infect everything. I just want a decent fucking browser.

I feel uncomfortable supporting this trend of political intrusion into my software choices.

>I just want a decent fucking browser.
this

And don't forget that Tails has their source code and bug tracker hosted there
labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/

Palemoon
If furries are an immediate no, then Brave
Also maybe Qupzilla/KDE Falkon.

Here's a copypasta from another thread. It talks about some info about each browser.

Some more info on these browsers:
Brave has a review process for addons. Here's the tracker for that (Vimium coming soon get hype!)
github.com/brave/browser-laptop/projects/1
It also has plans for TOR support, possible in the form of making private browsing tabs 'tor tabs' or something
github.com/brave/browser-laptop/wiki/Brave-Tor-Support

As for palemoon, for sites that need geolocation, they claim to have a more secure way of doing that, without sending location or network data outside of IP address and browser
palemoon.org/privacy.shtml
They will also not support WebRTC, and it's not on this page, but they say they're not gonna support the Web DRM stuff either
palemoon.org/technical.shtml

Now Qupzilla: It's lightweight, and supports a retarded amount of operating systems. There's even OS/2 and Haiku in there!
>just wait. someday it will support TempleOS
qupzilla.com/download
It does have an extension system, but you have to recompile the browser to use it
github.com/QupZilla/qupzilla/wiki/Plugins
Also it just recently became Falkon, and is now a KDE project.
community.kde.org/Incubator/Projects/Falkon

>RiseUp
It's just a placebo package that offers amenities similar to discord. Basically if you're a normalfag revolushunist you'd use this thinking you're protected.

I'd be surprised if Antifa actually uses this. The serious ones anyway.

>donating to controlled opposition
is mozilla literally retarded?

IceCat. Anything listed on Stallman's website is safe as along as he's still alive.

isn't icecat outdated and vulnerable to exploits though?

I think they recently updated it to the latest Firefox ESR. It used to be outdated and vulnerable though

It's just a copy paste of firefox with only foss and security add-ons pre-installed. Any vulnerabilities it has are the same ones firefox has.
gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/

I'm DLing QupZilla. Why is the Windows install file so huge (56.6 MB)? Is it because of KDE shared libraries or whatever?

man fuck internet

>I just want something that isn't compromised
This is where people tend to get short-sighted. You have to assume that everything can and will be compromised, and change your behavior instead.

/thread

[spoiler]still gon use ungoogled chromium tho[/spoiler]

Just use Pale Moon.

How much does QupZilla support under OS/2? Is it completely usable as a modern web browser?

I'm well aware of those privacy issues. All the current browsers suck ass for other reasons.

>antifa
>manufactured Sup Forums acronym
you're really dumb

FUCK you dumbass. Sup Forums can mean anything political.

And before you start: acronym or some other form of abbreviation IDGAF. I made it clear that I didn't know what it was.

>using a free app is supporting it

ANTIFA are anarchist edgelord larpers, and they embody the spirit of "hard action" (i.e., violence) the regressive left feels it lacks as it spirals to an as yet unknown zenith of moral panic and tantrum.
Welcome to the new world, user. youtu.be/p3kdmOQlqfQ?t=12608

Marketshare attracts $

I don't think the download from the qupzilla website is integrated with KDE. That may or may not happen with Falkon.

No clue. I don't exactly have an OS/2 installation lying around, but I imagine it would be fully-functional.

they're S.H.A.R.P wannabe sheltered kids who aren't even willing to shave their heads just like the alt right mongoloids playing neonazis, all a bunch of controlled opposition retards

Riseup is a legit service. I use it for my email. Its fine and doesn't really have much to do with anti-fa. They could use some more money.

kys
Read this:
riseup.net/en/about-us

Who cares. They provide a good service. And they support free software projects.

>supporting literal communists
>who cares

So you don't like people who are against fascism.

I wonder if this gives some kind of hint about you.

I don't care about their politics. They support free software projects and provide a good service.

yeah all free software is there just for you and definitely doesnt benefit the company behind it at all

FOSS is politics.

look, if you like it, and you're happy with it, go ahead and use it. I and many others consider them, and Moz://a's support of them to be unacceptable, which is why some of us are looking at alternative browsers.
Sorry for the kys.

microsoft edge also drop fucking google trash for bing, not even kidding

wtf firecucks answer for this

What about Seamonkey?

>october 2017
>doesn't know what antifa is

Hey you hear about this group called ISIS or something? Apparently one of their members shot up a gay bar like a week ago or something

>Waxwing is a revolutionary hacker and critic of late capitalism. Although deeply skeptical of technology, Waxwing has spent much of his life in a quixotic attempt to use technology for liberation. When not pecking away at the keyboard, Waxwing eats juniper berries, goes on long urban hikes flights, and plays with his adorable hatchlings.

>He spends his days as an anarchist hacker, Debian developer, and dad.

*Ew*. These faggots have children?

If I use firefox, but never donate anything to Mozilla, are they getting shekels from me somehow? Search referral revenue or something?

I'll be honest I've never heard of antifa outside of Sup Forums. Guess it's an American thing.

He's probably an old guard Democrat in his 30s or 40s, willfully blind of the fomenting cancer on the left and any legitimization of the right cuz muh simpler times or whatever. I know people like this.
It must be better for blood pressure though.

>quixotic
Does he even know what that means

He must because it does make sense; he describes himself as a nu-luddite hipster faggot yet he's using technology, the thing he hates, as a tool for his ideology. That's quixotic! :)

Antifa retards are all over western europe too.

Sadly, yes

Seamonkey's a weird one. I think it was a Mozilla project, but they just kinda abandoned it or something. I personally wouldn't use it just due to its uncertain future, but I guess it's an option.

>*Ew*. These faggots have children?
probably an adopted nigger

>Guess it's an American thing.
>What is G20
It came over here from Germany.

Antifa are basically a gang of Anarchist-Communist thugs who like to break shit and beat up anyone who is politically to the right of them.
They really started to get big after trump's election, when they set fire to a limousine on inauguration day

No, it's just the same mentality as people who go into threads like these and cry WHY DO YOU CARE? Or like the anchors on CNN/FOX asking why things can't go back to normal.

Pedal to the metal, accelerationism forever, anons.

They have... hatchlings*. { : 3

Birbs are cute '

>antifa

Why are people STILL fucking obsessed over this behemoth of a nothingburger? They're literally 19-20 year old kids making noise and pepper spraying people, IT'S FUCKING NOTHING. Sup Forums would have you think they're a globally connected group of terrorist masterminds behind every wrongdoing in the world, this shit is getting retarded.

>vore.jpg
>accelerationism forever, anons.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerationism
>"Left-accelerationism" attempts to press "the process of technological evolution" beyond the constrictive horizon of capitalism, for example by repurposing modern technology for socially beneficial and emancipatory ends; "right-accelerationism" supports the indefinite intensification of capitalism itself, possibly in order to bring about a technological singularity.
Which one doe?

>inb4 shills try to dispute that Mozilla is a commie fortress and that they’re not in cahoots with Antifa leftists and George Soros even though it’s obvious, even to a retarded donkey, that they are

>pol manufactured acronym
>pretending they didn’t name themselves that, after the communist revolutionaries that lost a violent coup in Germany in the 1920s, even down to copying their brand image
Mhm

The Linux/FOSS mentality HAS to be hard left-wing. While I welcome a superintelligence, even one that annihilates us all, the right-wing flavor entails shit like Microsoft fucking us over ever more along the way.
In the words of Patrice O'Neal, I'm grateful for my ceiling fan because I know that, eventually, someone's going to take it away.

(Ceiling Fan as a Service)

FOSS is libertarian

>Antifa
>pol acronym
>not revival of 100 year old violent revolutionary movement

Copyleft licenses are not libertarian though. FOSS has libertarian licenses fall under its paradigm, but the GPL for example, is explicitly not libertarian

this.
its merely a platform i dont understand how its considered antifa

I remember somewhere there was a thing stallman wrote saying that Free Software is the real capitalism because it allows developers to succeed based on quality, rather than by brainwashing the masses into the Jewgle/Microshit botnet

Obviously not in those words, but that was the gist of it from what I recall

I meant left-wing in the accelerationist dichotomy here

Both of the ideological versions of this concept see utopia waiting at the end, and that's horse shit.I don't want to be deterritorialized and demoralized into a shapeless pile of mystery meat who wears whatever identity is being sold. That's what they want. Whether it's a Che shirt or McDonald's arches, the purpose of both is the internationale.

I just want the neoliberal system to be on the verge of collapse with Marxist hordes running around so either fascism/traditionalism returns or a fourth way emerges. Blood connected to soil is the only sane way for humans to live. Nomadic and demoralized people are always fucked in the head.

The underlying principle of FOSS is that you own the program when it's in your hands on your machine. The left seeks to abolish private property. Maybe if you're an anarcho-syndicalist, you could swing it that way but any regular flavor of communism is not going to recognize your rights to your computer.

if you didn't abandon firefox after they added pocket, and are only getting around to hating it now, you don't have merit in discussing software

that it has gone in fashion with your political group to hate a piece of software based on its creators is not relevant

>the hate for Sup Forums blinds people from terrorism
Not sure what to make of this.

People don’t make political alignments based on shared interests, they do it on shared grievances.

They are rioting thugs. Antifa members are literally paid to fly around the world and agitate protesters into killing cops and destroying property. I don't care what your personal political position is, but they are not people to associate yourself with.

>Antifa members are literally paid to fly around the world and agitate protesters into killing cops and destroying property

source: infowars and some Sup Forums screencaps

>Yeah because they dint showed on the news and there is videos and other evidence
take this (You) retard

post them then, idiot

>i cant search antifa in any search engine,video
what a bait retard
>hurrr uhrr show proof
here is your proof

The burden of proof is on you, didn't you ever take debate class?

I take part in protests with antifa, y'all gotta stop that infowars bullshit and grow some fucking balls. Pussies...

>y'all
yeah no wonder why nigger

im white?

apparently not

apparently yes, writing y'all becaues im too lazy to write anything eles doesnt determine my skin colour. Your stupid ass is the reason we have to have these protests

Antifa are the reason I can't get laid and george soros is funding a conspiracy to keep it that way

Yeah your bait is not obvious or anything, are you even trying? go to be cancer somwhere else

Obligatory

:^)

attacker was a typical permavirgin who nobody liked and worked as a security guard for minimum wage

Why are Sup Forumscucks in reality such mentally deficient, ugly, social rejects but constantly LARP as masterpieces of the male specimen?

I think you are trying to say antifa members

>proven to be untrue

Notice that the quality of evidence required to back up a claim has plummeted rapidly after Sup Forumscucks took over. You used to get called out for posting fake bullshit that took no effort to make, now all you need to do is screencap a few posts and repost them to /r/the_donald.

>proven to be untrue
where is "untrue"?
>muh Sup Forums
another non argument, typical, you dont have some shit to eat?

Thanks for the history lesson? Acronym or not, "antifa", the abbreviated compound word, is fucking buzzword that only came up a few months ago and has been rammed into everyone's ears and eyes nonstop. It's just more political distraction synthesized by TPTB to keep the masses preoccupied with essentially nothing. What the fuck is a normal citizen supposed to do with any of it besides yap about it? I wonder what the next political trend of mentally unstable fucks to pop up out of fucking nowhere so that the news will tell me how much I should be concerned over something that I have no practical need to know will be.
It's to placate people by making them feel like something they feel strongly for is actually happening and for the few who need to participate to act like crazy idiots with no real effect.
You get. Like the Japanese videogame industry ignoring the western feminist SJW garbage. They know it's all nonsense over nothing.

$1000 in what was supposed to be a private donation to a group against legalized faggot marriage (which sodomites don't care about anyway) is worse than Hitler, but $100 to an Antifa-related group and associating with Soros (who really is worse than Hitler) is a-ok?

Fuck Mozilla, fuck Silicon Valley, fuck the cancer killing the internet, fuck leftists, and fuck it, I'm outta here.

Good luck, brother

The irony is that your own bigotry is invisible to you.

Nice. Good to see Mozilla standing up to right-wing tyranny though I wish they'd prioritize making Firefox less shit. FF's RAM usage peaked at 6.8GB yesterday and now I can't load new pages on ebay without refreshing the page after I click on the link. What a fucking mess. Fix your shit Mozilla.

>Soros
So my suspicion of this antifa drivel stemming from the same rotting tree that gave us the unending "black lives matter" was right.

Eich never got fired and he was even offered a high level corprate job when he stepped down.

You don't get fired by sjws, they force you to resign by attacking everything you care about relentlessly and telling you it'll stop if you just quit.

SOROS CENSORED ADNASEUM ON CHROME
WTFFFF

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-02-15/soros-buys-google-comverse-while-selling-visteon-corp-shares

secure.marketwatch.com/story/george-soros-buys-stakes-in-alphabet-netflix-dumps-disney-general-motors-2016-11-14

so he got mind gamed by sjw trannies?

what a dumb fuck...
why did he quit like a cuck? he never had to step down..

if he was worried about the political backlash on the project why didnt he just take the management job and step back from PR?

Our words ("liberal", "left", "right") fail us. Their meanings are way too multivalent now. There's "republicans" who seem more "liberal" than people we call "liberal". What I get from isn't corollary with utopia or any kind of deterritorialization. You'd have to be making leaps which I'm not party to, cognitively, user.

This problem of imprecise terms causes or aggravates a lot of other problems. On the other hand, nobody likes being pedantic or autistic in communication. They like efficiency and buzzwords.
>a fundamental quirk of the human condition blocks your path

Also,
>Blood connected to soil is the only sane way for humans to live.
interesting viewpoint though.

Riseup is an excellent service and I donate well over $100 per year to them. They support social change, not violent thuggery. Do not lump them with Antifa.