i dropped the show at ep.13
should i watch the rest

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Hi2Xhg5qpo0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

subaru is a piece of shit who likes the worst girl
fucking cancer

No, I still hate him.
He hasn't stopped acting like a retard yet.

I don't feel bad about him suffering, in fact I quite enjoy it.

I always loved Subaru.

Who the fuck drops a show 13 episodes in?

no, all the crossboarders and MALfriends are just storming in to jerk off on Le Suffering meme.

see
pic related happened
i couldn't stand him anymore
i heard lots of user said they droped the show too when it aired

Someone who enjoyed the show in the beginning but thinks it's going to get worse?

Pussies.

When you dedicate that many hours, you finish that shit.

Subaru is still the same: a person with mental issues reacting to all the suffering and trauma he's going through.

Whether you like him or not has nothing to do with it.

Don't get me wrong, I personally never drop a series if I watch more than 4 episodes. But not everyone has that sort of time or commitment.

Episode 14 and 15 are great user, go watch them.

People who hate on Subaru are just the kids who fell for the "MC is my self-insert" trap.

Have you ever heard of the sunk cost fallacy?

I only watch because I love to hate Subaru, I love to curse him as the worst MC of all time

>When you dedicate that many hours, you finish that shit.

This is the most retarded thing I've seen all week.

Why should i force myself to watch something i ended up not liking?

How is the protagonist? Seems generic.

I want to watch it since it's popular, but anything that advertises itself with a bland looking dude surrounded only by super cute girls makes me steer clear.

You may or may not hate the show. You may hate or love the mc, but nobody actually thinks he's a generic main character and that much I can assure you.
I like Re:zero

What? There's no point in watching something if you believe you won't have any more fun with it. That's masochism.

His eyeball gets licked, most exciting part of series

>DDY
kek

I think he's a pretty generic.

I don't like him, I like his depth as a piece of shit. He's a piece of shit, but a well written piece of shit.

Watch the fist episodes and take your own conclusions instead of judging things you don't know with buzzwords

>his depth
jesus christ
sometimes I wonder if people on Sup Forums ever read a book, or even watched anything other than the currently airing popular shit

He's just an ordinary guy that keeps getting fucked over and killed by everyone repeatedly. I don't recall him ever doing anything that'd qualify him as "a piece of shit".

I've read a lot of books that many would consider to be intelligent works like Dune and Ancillary justice and I think Subaru is a pretty deep character.

Why?

He is mean sometimes.

How his character acts and evolves through different actions in such a believable way makes me consider him to be a good character. Also his personality is extremely multifaceted and different aspects are favored at different times like a real person would is a nice touch. Even though his not the best character I seen Subaru is still a damn good character.

When?

I wouldn't qualify anything he's done as mean. Possessive and deranged maybe, but he's never actively cruel.

Not that that alone would make him interesting anyways.

ug that grammar. Sorry that I wrote that so incomprehensibly.

I didn't know acting like a hyperactive autist was considered believable behavior.

Yes, it's also incredibly vague.

they all have positive & negative traits and great character designs that could highly contribute to the flow of the story-line; they have also positive audience impact like the famous girl Emilia-tan or EMT! (best girl right?!). In addition, most of those characters have their specific development throughout the story like Subaru who has really unique traits and personality compared to the other main characters out there because his positive mindset could help him on his decision-making to help other people who is really important to him and also to help himself to survive in that cruel fantasy world, even though it is really hard to help other people when he has his own problems. The supporting characters like Rem & Ram, Puck, Beatrice, and others are also very important to the development of the story; they have their own character developments and big involvement throughout the story, therefore they are also somewhat popular to the audience.

Psycho

I did. It started to be borefest.

Is it weird if the side characters and learning about the basis for their personalities were more engaging to me than Subaru?

Though, if with the recent episodes he starts to get what's coming to him for his actions and thought process I think I'll enjoy watching him.

4/10, decent bait, certainly incomprehensible enough without sounding completely retarded, but the inclusion of
>like the famous girl Emilia-tan or EMT! (best girl right?!).
gave you away.

I don't want to make obvious spoilers so just watch the show and make your own assumptions.

the more interesting question is: how is the supporting cast? a bunch of moeblob waifu?

The problem with this is that it all seems like it's placed there for the sake of convenience. The only consistent factor we get from Subaru is that he has a fear of death and pain, which is not enough to define him as a well written character.

Characters in isekai tend to offer very little if any information about their past, so we know nothing about their core personality or why they think and act the way that they do. Usually historical personal information is withheld so that self-inserting is made easier, and Subaru seems to close to that line. The recent episodes with him coming to terms with how much of a tool he's been acting were a pleasant surprise to me because now there's actual potential for character development rather than just a set of generic personality traits and knowledge that all have things go well for him no matter where he finds himself.

I would argue that the supporting cast is better than the MC. It was the side characters that made me want to keep watching.

DELET!

You shouldn't have to spoil to show to explain what makes him a good character.

>That haircut

It just makes me want to slap him.

Anyway, this show looks generic as fuck. Is this like Tokyo Ghoul where le suffering is the only reason why it's popular and considered well writen?

I don't mind Subaru as a character, he sure as hell isn't deep, but part of me is cheering for him. Hopefully he actually does turn things around in the future and stops being so pathetic. And for some reason he gives me Bobby Pendragon vibes.

Why don't you watch it and make your own judgements you turbo fucking plebeian

I dunno man it gets like 6 threads a day so that should tell you something.

The only time i was wrong about his kind of thing was when I watched Sora No Woto and read Fate/Stay Night(and even then only partially for F/SN). Character design is usually a good way to tell if a show is going to be shit or not

I don't see why i should waste time watching some popular anime the season who's going to be forgotten in two month.

Fuck you just watch the show.

>It's popular so it's good

>my time is so valuable I can't spend 4 hours to watch the most talked about show of the last 2 seasons to see what all the fuss is about despite being able to shitpost on Sup Forums all day

Why don't you just check what your favorite youtube anime reviewer has to say so you don't have to think for yourself?

Eh, the side characters were actually alright in my opinion. I guess it depends on where you draw the line for generic and whether or not you're interested in the characters.

>being this retarded

Most of the mansion characters are one dimensional, but once they get out of the arc there (ep 10+ on) new people finally appear again and they're leagues better.
Main girl is about as deep and inspiring as a saltine cracker.

>this is shit even though i haven't seen it
>wahhhhh why does everyone say it's good, it's shit it's shit believe me i haven't seen it but trust me i know it's shit

Holy hell off yourself.

>mansion characters are one dimensional

I felt that out of all the characters there at the time Ram and Rem were actually pretty decent since they were the only ones you actually learned something about. Their motivations, beliefs, and feelings gave them depth that other characters in the show lacked.

Eh, they aren't really one-dimensional. The really one-dimensional characters you usually want to hate are the ones that constantly revolve or bend around to the main character. The side characters don't do that and constantly make a reminder that the shounenshit that Subaru likes to follow will not work.

That 4 hours i could actually spend doing something enjoyable actually

Like shitposting on Sup Forums

His rants in episode 13 were the most perfectly cringe inducing thing ever.

You're sat there thinking "Don't do it faggot", but he fucking does and he JUST KEEPS TALKING. It's actually great because of how much of an impact it makes on the viewer.

More like 10+ threads at all times. It's great because the number of threads really triggers some people.

I need help. For the first time in my life Im having some serious anger problems. Everytime I read someone praising Re:Zero as masterpiece I suddenly want to destroy something. I have never been this mad. How can I be peaceful again?

>triggers
Kill yourself you underage newfag.

Oh shit I didn't think I'd ever find someone else who read that.

Did that trigger you user?

I dunno that whole NiceGuyâ„¢ rant was pretty shitty.

I saw it and dropped it like the overplayed piece of shit it was, new-kun

Being believable doesn't mean acting like the most average person. If a real person was the kind of hikki NEET Subaru is, the way he acts is very consistent with that.

There's plenty of room between being completely generic and being overtly and constantly obnoxious.

>dropped it like the overplayed piece of shit it was

Confirmed contrarian.

Right well I'm just arguing that being a believable well written character doesn't mean he's a likable character. Subaru is very flawed and the series takes great lengths to show just how flawed he is.

Just like in real life becoming aware of the mistakes you make doesn't magically fix you, Suburu has to die many times before he starts to really change.

>Right well I'm just arguing that being a believable well written character doesn't mean he's a likable character.
Well written characters are almost always likable or sympathetic in some way. Even if they do horrible stuff, a well written character will have reasons for doing those things that the audience can understand and relate to. If they end up coming off as annoying, that's probably because the author isn't explaining they're state of mind well enough.

>i dropped the show at ep.13
You're missing a 10/10 episode if you don't pick up. Watch for Rem, not for Subaru. and embrace despair.

>because the author isn't explaining they're state of mind well enough

Exactly because we know nothing about Subaru's past. We know nothing about how he lives or what his experiences were that brought him to where he is now. All that results in is a feeling of "Oh, I guess that's a thing he can do that conveniently makes sense in this context."

Rem and Ram are far better written in this aspect than the MC is.

All we knew was that he was a NEET. His actions all indicate wanting attention/bringing himself higher in a new world that gives him a brand new start. If any of you think he's too social to be a NEET, then realize this:
> Acting like a fucking idiot and sperging out.
He was and still is a loser. His very actions and words indicate being the lowest.

Idk man a lot of people praise Holden Caulfield being well written but I still think he's an unsympathetic cunt.

"He was a loser" isn't enough context. There are a lot of different losers in this world, and they all act differently. I need to know what makes him think this strange, obnoxious act he puts on will be effective.

Considering he's an otaku NEET I'd say it's because of gal games and anime.

Okay. But we don't know that.

Well then that brings in a writing problem, is it good writing if everything is spelled out for you? And is it just lazy to force the reader to infer?

I don't know I watch Chinese cartoons for chrissakes I'm not sure it's even possible to enjoy it if you're into literary fiction.

People who dislike him are just genuinely stupid.
There is literally nothing to hate about him.

I bet this theme is at least 50% of the episode's atmosphere youtu.be/Hi2Xhg5qpo0

He's still a boring fellow but someone at whitefox loves his job

>Nice Guy Rant
>Can't hate the guy for telling bitches like it is!

user, please.

>imgur filename
>stream screenshot
Every fucking Re:Zero thread starts with these. Fuck off and lurk for 2 years before posting.

Are the people who find Subaru boring/ generic/ a bad character actually just autistic neets who can't read into people at all?

Re:Zero will definitely not be forgotten. It's pretty high up there with the average anime fan. It surpassed Death Note on MAL a couple days ago.

Whether or not Sup Forums hates it is not something worth considering, since they do not make up the general opinion.

He feels that he is being cornered and doesn't want to let go.
What he is doing is wrong but it's not something farfetched.
A hiki neet who just got his ass handed to him shattering the little pride he had, getting dumped by the girl he desperately pursues makes for a spergout.
Desperation drives people to do retarded shit.

It's not lazy to have the reader infer, but there's nothing to infer here. Nothing he's ever said or done suggests what the source of his bizarre behavior is.

>I'm going to get into a fight with a knight because of my hubris even though I have literally zero usefulness beyond the ability to return to life after dying
>I-I helped you I deserve a reward you owe me
>Everyone died and instead of doing something about it I'm just going to pretend to go insane and act catatonic
Truly the next Kamina.

>why do these threads about this seasonal anime feature images from the anime in their OP

>seeing people you actually love mutilated
Yeah user, you'd probably just shrug it off :^)

Question for LN fags, the episode's title mark the start or the end of the chapter? Next episode is pigs desire, does it start from that chapter or ends at that chapter?

Literally every character ever can be broken down like this and just because a character does things you don't like does not make them a bad character

What are you talking about? He says he's a NEET in the first few episodes and uses gaming terms like "flags" to describe situations he finds himself in. Does he have to explicitly say he's a gamer before the viewer can infer anything?

Starts.

This It's the same issue I have when people say that him fearing death or pain provides more depth or insight into how he would act. A well written character should have enough information available that you can make predictions about how they would act in a certain situation or scenario as well as understand why they would feel the way they do about something through a chain of events that built their personality. The more you have to operate on base assumptions or speculation, the less credibility there is.

Probably because they realized that Rem is a far better character that is far more relatable, has more depth, and charm.

The theme was pretty good and far more than I expected from this show.