>crime rates drop by 70%
>world is becoming a better place
>is considered a villain

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

asiancorrespondent.com/2016/07/philippines-duterte-drug-addicts/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>let me kill this poor dude who's stealing so he can live another day

That's why. He also killed people who were yet to have been proven guilty.

He kill NEETS because why no?

Murder is wrong.

Pretty much every episode preview was
>I'LL KILL EVERYONE IN THIS ROOM IF I HAVE TO!

It reminds me how every House M.D. preview was
>BLAH BLAH BLAH AND HOUSE JUST MIGHT LOSE HIS JOB!

Judge not lest ye be judged.

>mass murderer
>Laughs like a villain
>thinks like a villain
>acts like a villain
>not a villain
get off the net Light.

I find it funny when atheists defend Light. On one hand they don't believe in no god who determines what man is allowed to do and what is considered good and evil.

On other hand they defend average Japanese high schooler who lords over people and kills them according to his perception of what's good and evil.

I won't say Light is objectively wrong, I am just saying that I wouldn't want Japanese high schooler being able to kill any man he wants with zero repercussions just because he thought it's the right way to do, might as well agree to work for food because my chief says so.

The difference is Light's perception of good and evil is correct.

Still a good show.

because shallow thinking dumbasses like you are tearing this world apart.

If you had a Death Note you'd do a lot more good in the world to kill off people like the Koch brothers or Mugabe than you would some random gangbanger.

Because people were afraid and/or jelly of his power. It was also going against rules of society.
For most part he was right, but he also had human weaknesses, that made him kill people out of sheer fear of being discovered.
I do believe such person would actually make world better place. From semirecent history of my country, there was guy, who was pretty much tyrant. He tried to win election and lost, so he gathered officers that were loyal to him and took contol of country with force.
Now he is reminiscent as one of better rulers, because country was in shit, but he made it stood up on its own legs.

But he was just killing people who were already sentenced to jail according to the law. Without counting in probability of rehabilitation and wrongly accused.

And then he started killing people on his trail, who actually never committed a crime, they were just in his way.

So, complete tyranny is a right way to go?

Light kills people like that.

Important people who run evil cooperations to street scumbags.

He doesn't discriminate.

Because you can't say what is good or bad, good or bad is almost entirely a cultural concept

>look this paper says this man is a bad guy
>let's kill him
>correct perception of good an evil

He killed people accused of crimes by the law and that's it. Who says that law is the absolute definition of good and evil?

The law.

Most lawyers, judges, and law theorists do not argue that the law is an absolute dictate of what is right and wrong, and many argue that it isn't connected to what is right and what is wrong at all.

He went to far and killed many people who didn't deserve to die. He had a god complex.

Also he ruled by fear, which is usually just BEGGING to fall apart and hard

LAAAAWWWWWWW

Jugde dredd is the law

Ruling by fear is the only true way to rule

Even among the law you will hardly find someone who agrees the law is the absolute definition of good and evil.

Light is the ultimate tryhard edgelord self insert

You do know a lot of innocent people blamed for a crime they didn't commit get jailed every year because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time right?

You do know there is a long history of people executed only to be found out they were innocent years after their death only to get "pardoned" to clean their name for their families afterwards right?

Not everything is black and white.

Its literally the most predictable "I have a black and white view of justice" situation I have every seen.
One could argue he was 'in the right' until he started killing investigators who were just doing their jobs. They weren't criminals. They were trying to catch a 'criminal'

Light started 'good' and became 'bad' at the drop of a fucking hat because he literally can't figure out any way out of situations besides "I'LL KILL EVERYONE"

Chaos routes a best

Hobbes pls.

Jean Valjean go to bed.

Light wasn't smart he just had a deus ex machina notebook that lets him kill people getting close to him.

What's sad is that edgelords thinks this is the "absolute amazing anime XD" cause because they are mostly bullied in school and they just want to get back at their bullies without repercussion of them EVER getting caught.

Does it matter if he killed a few innocents when millions of people got to life safe lives instead? After all the crime rate DID go down

so what was he supposed to do? letting himself get caught?

the true hero

>Light wasn't smart

His university grades and the memory wipe plan says otherwise

How do you even get caught in that situation? You'd have to be a complete fool to even get close to being caught.

He was a tyrant and a megalomaniac. One could say power corrupted him but judging by his attitude at the beginning you could see that he was a megalomaniac even then. He murdered plenty of innocents along with the guilty and used a lot of people as pawns in his game against the law enforcement. If he had stuck to criminals this MIGHT be more open to debate but even then you'd have to take into account the number of people who were had likely been falsely accused. It wasn't even about cleaning up anything to him, it was about playing God. L issues one little challenge at the beginning and it sends Light into the deep end where everything is expendable, even his own family.

Light was not and never, EVER will be right.

He's just killing petty crooks and not corrupt politicians and white collar criminals.

All he's doing is trying to cure the symptoms, rather than the causes.

Stop killing while the heat blows over?
Change his "hurr durr everyone dies of a heart attack it was me IT WAS ME" tactics?
Stop writing down names in his hosue when he knows its been bugged? Why couldn't he grab a newspaper, read it in the library and write down a few names? ITs against the law in japan for a student to read the newspaper and take notes?

He just goes through so many pants on head retarded hoops to 'outwit' L and the police.

>not corrupt politicians and white collar criminals.

He did.

Just because you have high grades in school doesn't mean shit in the real world. His plan was complete bullshit and only worked cause of all the coincidences that happened. You do know the probability of him succeeding was extremely low right if everything didn't fall into place perfectly which in real life you do know that never happens. The Japs don't really know the concept of Murphy's Law.

He never got caught doing any of thay shit and having people die while L thinks he's doing homework is a smart move as there's no proof he did shit.

Also you are forgetting Light was trying to rule the world by fear of some entity so he was purposely killing people the same way to get their attention.

Can't even really call him retarded for this as it worked in the end for him if you ignore the filler post L arc.

>world is becoming a better
>everyone freaks the fuck out and causes when some kind of "god" is killing who ever he wishes by unexplainable means
>would kill any good person to prevent being found out

yyyyyep, totally not a villain in any way

>Doesn't kill a single corrupt politician, or bankster who ruin millions of lives as opposed to petty criminals who's crimes are the result of the state of society
>Goes so far as to even want to kill the lazy, and yet doesn't touch on the subject of harming wealthy criminals who commit socially acceptable crimes like fraud
Yep, literally the "I'm 13 year olds and this my view of good and evil" entry level anime. I guarantee you everyone who thinks Light is right, ironically or otherwise, believes that white collar crime doesn't deserve the same treatment blue collar crime gets.

>ignore the filler post L arc
the arc in where he loses and dies?

Personally, I thought it was a cool series with a falling "hero" and a very likable "antagonist".

Then the antagonist died.

I recognized MOST kiddies liked it because the Death Note struck them as cool, but I'm just saying it DID have other merits.

>if you ignore the part where he loses, he wins

There was barely any proof he could do it in the first place.
As long as no one found out about the notebook L couldn't do shit to Light.

He's going to go to the court and go "Yes your honor this young man had a list of the criminals who were killed and magically caused them to have heart attacks"

>You do know the probability of him succeeding was extremely low right if everything didn't fall into place perfectly which in real life you do know that never happens.

No it was GUARENTEED to work.

Light knows he's gonna work with L and knows L will want to catch Kira and then investigate the death note when they get it since he needs to know what it is.

Since Light is obviously gonna contribute a lot to the case he's gonna get a hand at the death note at somepoint and he has a piece of paper hidden in his watch so he can kill off the thug and regain his memories quickly.

The thug also wouldn't be able to say anything too much about the note as Light knows Rem would kill the guy as Misa would get found out again. Light also had the rules rewritten too make sure L would be forced to accept he can't hold Light or Misa in any suspicion.

So yeah, don't know why you're acting like he had some tiny chance when it would have worked out 1 way or the other.

neither black neither white

>Not everything is black and white.

Nope, there are also chinks and indians.

>implying it'd ever go as far as a trial
they'd take him out in the back and shoot him

>Author forced to continue series as it got too popular

Sorry but give a single chapter that EVER hinted Near or Mello's existence in the early or middle part of the L arc.

In actuality, he more or less instilled enough fear that people were too scared to anything out of fear of committing a crime.

So? That doesn't mean that the plan was to have Light win in the end, which is your point - that the canon ending is somehow Light winning.

>canon ending is not the ending cause I said so
I totally forgot about the salty Lightfags.

>That doesn't mean that the plan was to have Light win in the end

Light beating L WAS supposed to be the ending and everything pretty much seemed towards an ending and then the guys were forced to continue shit out of their choice.

Why didn't Light just us the Death Note to kill every single criminal on Death Row and every single inmate incarcerated for a Violent Crime or Murder? No need to kill for White Collar shit.

His reasoning is reductive, over-simplified, edgy, and not well thought out. Crime is a complex thing. People often don't commit crime for the sake of committing crime. Certainly there are those that do but many do not. The world that he made was not better. It was ruled by fear. This does not mean everything was right or fair. What about actions of individuals that are immoral but are not considered crimes? The exploitation of workers, wage gap, and other social issues prevalent in society that are often created from seemingly crime-less actions of individuals in a capitalist society in general. What about authoritarianism? Where is the line drawn? Light didn't fix the world. He just shoved all the glaring flaws of the world in a closet of fear and called it "a clean world." It wasn't at all. There's a difference between law and morality is what I'm saying. Questions of law are strictly objective and based on the books. However, question of morality are more complicated. Light could not differentiate that because of his ego. Law is only a reflection of society's moral principles not the moral principles themselves.

All the people hating on Light sure conveniently forget that he was straight up murdered without ever being judged

>Light beating L WAS supposed to be the ending

I assume you have quotes from the authors to back that claim up?

It's filler you retard.

How the fuck can you say making a cheap knock off L was "planned" from the first chapter? The guy even had the same weird quirks it was embarrassing.

Because everyone is special and important so killing is wrong!

Anyone that read it realizes the drop in quality after L

>justifying crime for the survival of a non-contributing "member" of society
Should've been gassed by the government desu

>hating on light
Just desserts and all that

It actually isn't relevant to criticizing his actions. Just because somebody is a bad guy doesn't mean he can't be wronged, and just because somebody is wrong doesn't mean he can't be a bad guy. That's what Light logic fails to recognize.

I'm not hating on Light I just think he went from 0 to 120 on the retarded meter too quick.

Up until Ladies. After Ladies it drops in quality very quickly.

That doesn't mean that the original plan for him was to win. It could just as easily mean that the original plan was for him to lose to L.

This really isn't complicated.

All he had to do was ignore L's retarded public challenge.
Instead, he got so assblasted when being told "you are evil" that he had to kill the L stand-in live on television.
You would need an ego larger than the sun to fall for such low-tier bait.

Light is the Law and Order the world needs.

Just look at our current world. You've got terrorist organizations like ISIS running amok over the world bombing and murdering people over religion. Western culture and civilization is clasping. People are dumb as fuck and apathetic and cowards to everything to the point that there is no outcry for a criminal like Hillary Clinton. You've got civil unrest with Black Lives Matter that wants a race war against Whites like what you saw in Dallas and they are not interested in peace and only want anarchy. You've got the kikes trying to create their new world order through globalism and want to destroy any sense of individuals and identity by suppressing free speech and labeling anyone that disagrees as "crazies". You've got cultural Marxism invading school systems and the people in them are taught to tolerate evil because they "dindu nuffin" and that the problems is because of White patriarchy. You've got rampant sjws and feminist destroying males and turning them into betas and think everything is "sexist" and politically correct.

Light was doing the right thing resetting the degeneracy that was falling upon humanity and there is nothing wrong with killing which is not the same as murder.

The cops put down a threat. This happens every day in their line of work. Light went for a piece of note he hadden and got shot for it, no different than if someone went for a gun when the cops told him to stand down.

And ultimately it was Ryuk who killed him.

Light would have done far more good if he had just killed George Soros and the Rotchilds. Treating the symptoms and ignoing the cause is why everything went back to how it was before he got the death note when he died. If he had just killed of the Globalists, he would have actually made the world a better place.

Light was a nip and wouldnt give a single shit about Sup Forums

If you read Bakuman they basically say it there about how a series that was originally planning to end was forced to continue due to the popularity.

>he had hidden

Fixed.

>straight up murdered
He tried to kill with a scrap of deathnote and got shot in self defense. Not murder.

>"planned" from the first chapter?
no show is 100% planned from the first chapter good sir.

besides Light needed to be defeated. thinking it'd end any other way is just delusion

Seriously, Light's best course of action was consistently to do nothing, which is the exact opposite of what he did.

L challenges him on TV? Do nothing. Bunch of feds enter the country looking for you? Do nothing. Second Kira spouting off? Do nothing. L would never have been able to catch him if he had just stopped putting his fucking foot in it.

But inaction wouldn't have improved the world, he would have just become one of those that he hates

The thing is, Light was a prideful narcissistic God-complex maniac. He couldn't just not do something.

Watch next episode as House faces his biggest medical challenge of the season yet!

Again, that doesn't mean the plan was ever for Light to win.

>It could just as easily mean that the original plan was for him to lose to L.

Then why the fuck didn't he? This don't make sense retard. L is basically the good guy so there would have been no problems making him win but the fact that they made Light win despite him being the bad guy shows that's what they planned for originally.

I don't mean do nothing with the death note, I mean do nothing in response to L. Ignore him.

This is happening in the Philippines right now (minus the magic book).

asiancorrespondent.com/2016/07/philippines-duterte-drug-addicts/

Some call him evil, but clearly plenty of people support him.

House was good up until season 4. It got too formulaic and repetitive after that.

It got better when he was trying to get off opiates and had internal conflicts tho.

Did anyone seriously think Light was going to win permanently? It seemed rather obvious from the start that his god complex was going to be his downfall. It was big red flag that he was doomed to fail in the long run.

>kills drug addicts
>people think this is a good thing

>besides Light needed to be defeated.

Then the obvious choice would have been L or have them both die round the same time somehow but no they made Light win because they wanted too. Near was fucking shit and obviously shoved in last minute since they couldn't bother too make any unique characteristics for him.

>Then why the fuck didn't he?

Because they needed to extend the series, you complete fucking imbecile.

>This don't make sense retard. L is basically the good guy so there would have been no problems making him win but the fact that they made Light win despite him being the bad guy shows that's what they planned for originally.

You're absolutely right, that "don't" make sense, retard.

You have a series, you intend for it to end in a particular way, but after a while you need it to go on for longer. So you insert material in the middle to stretch it out. This isn't fucking rocket science.

Except Light didn't give a shit about anything you said.
He only cared about what government considered criminals.

>Second Kira spouting off? Do nothing.
that'd be very bad. his powers would have been revealed.

But so what? What are they going to do, arrest everybody who writes on paper? Search every house in the world?

>the authors made Light beat the series main popular antagonist after years of them trying to one up each other
>the authors didn't plan to make Light win

Sure you retard, if that wasn't the case L would have won but no he didn't.

>but no they made Light win
by cheating with Ren. not what I'd call a straight "win" they killed off L for shock value.