Why not a 50 cal for the fuel tanks?

Paddock's plan to set off the fuel tanks failed because the rounds did not penetrate. From everything ewe know about him, he was a highly intelligent person. Why didn't he use a 50 cal to ignite the fuel?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/RRgdh
youtube.com/watch?v=1JFFnH_tVCk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DOES THAT BARREL SEPARATE? OTHERWISE MAYBE TOO BIG TO CARRY TO THE ROOM?

this doesn't work for the same reason a fuel pump doesn't ignight fuel inside your cars fuel tank. Even though the fuel pump is actively sparking due to the comutator and brushes connecting and disconnecting there is not enough air and the fuel mixture is to rich and will not ignight.

The diameter of the bullet does not affect whether it ignites something or not.
I rather wonder why he didn't get a real, belt fed, machine gun from his terrorist gf insteaf of a meme select fire mod.
Could have easily beaten Breivik's high score, but I guess this is just the difference between Europe and the USA.

Bullets don't make red barrels explode. This isn't vidya gaems.

I swear to god you people think by saying Paddock over and over you'll make us think he was the shooter. HE WASNT THE SHOOTER FUCK YOU AND FUCK ISRAEL

archive.is/RRgdh

WASHINGTON -- Twelve Israelis who were unaccounted for in Las Vegas amidst a massacre there on Sunday night have been identified and are safe, an official with the Israeli consulate in Los Angeles said on Tuesday.

"All of the Israelis that we were looking for has been located," the official told The Jerusalem Post, confirming that their diplomats on the ground in Nevada were on their way back to California.

>Paddock

Brevik also had time slow MOD on and was alone on an island for over an hour.

FBI doesn't want to tell people that they wanted to sting operation Paddock but they were too slow.

WOW THERE WERE ISRAELIES IN VEGAS OMG THAT MEANS THEY DID IT! GOOD EVIDENCE

Shooting fuel with a bullet does not cause it to ignite. Real life is not a hollywood movie.

jet fuel is extremely non volatile. I have thrown lit matches into small cans of it before and the match was extinguished.

Could easily break it down and bring in a golf bag

why he would have needed some phosphorus rounds

this

/thread

Hello Jew.

bullshit I was in toybox for 4 years and we use oil drums to breach doorways on some occasions. Dirt Dogs 2nd platoon . We mainly focused on East Baghdad patrols.

Why conceal at all, what's wrong with carrying your rifle strapped onto your shoulder?
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Even then it is more unlikely than not.

The rats are never far from the happenings

Try igniting Diesel fuel. It's more or less the same of a bitch as Jet fuel. Shooting it will do nothing.

Seems odd. He evidently had a penchant for AR platforms. He easily could have even purchased a 50 BMG AR upper.

I don't think he (whoever shot them) intended to blow the tanks... if he did then not with a gun. A gun shot won't do that or ignite the jet fuel ... which is essentially refined kerosene. Being a pilot himself I think he knew that it wouldn't explode. Mor likely he was sighting his gun or just random shots that missed the crowd. No idea.

>Not setting up a sentry turret while your buddy drives a rc car inside

this was discussed in another thread. A belt fed .30 cal could have killed 600-700 people.Absolutely catastrophic. The corresponding knee jerk federal gun grab could have set off a second American civil war.

1. Bullets don't make gas explode.
2. Why the fuck were their jet fuel tanks anywhere near there?

youtube.com/watch?v=1JFFnH_tVCk

its different if the fuel is a pressurized gas, however. IE propane

airport. u r tard

How about using tracer bullets ?

Airport

And a 155 artillery round could have killed the entire parking lot.

Still doesn't heat a barrel of diesel fuel enough to produce flammable gasses.

>Why didn't he use a 50 cal to ignite the fuel?
movies aren't real. a bullet cannot ignite fuel. Better shoot at the engine directly and hope a tubing will spread fuel on exhaust and it will catch fire.

mythbusters did it, it doesnt work, regardless of caliber of weapon and/or tracer rounds

i think they finally got it to explode with a minigun... so ... yeah... no

Time to get on a government watch list.

Theoretically what method would be most likely to get the highest score that is either legal in the US or 'safely illegal'.

except getting one of those is impossible. An automatic tripod mounted gun, not so much.

Why didn't he use a .308 instead of the .223 the allege that he shot at the crowd?

At 400 yeards, a .223 loses much of it's velocity.

A .308 is more suited for that range.

Shooting fuel with a bullet does not cause it to ignite. Real life is not a hollywood movie.

This is as dumb as asking if stabbing a potato with a warm knife will cause it to blow up your neighborhood. The connections between what you are imagining and how reality works are non-existent.

You would need an incinderary round.

>a literal leaf
I couldn't be any less jewish

Can't you get a machine gun in the US? Here in Vienna you just have to bring a bottle of vodka and 1000€ to the friendly Serb next door and get a Jackal-style Kebab remover.
Getting ammo does not require a license here, you just go to a store and buy a box.

>7 proxies

WRONG

Maybe they were never meant to blow from shooting. Perhaps there were supposed to be explosives planted around the tanks and detonated.

(OP)
>Why didn't he use a .308 instead of the .223 the allege that he shot at the crowd?
>At 400 yeards, a .223 loses much of it's velocity.
>A .308 is more suited for that range.

A 5.56x45 is perfectly fine out of an AR platform up to 800m.

Dirt Dogs just do the recon around East Baghdad. I never got to play with all the toys.

even impersonating a leaf is horrific

It may ignite if the round does a spark on the barrel when it enters, but it's not reliable enough to plan around it. Do you thing tracer rounds could ignite?

Or if you don't like Yugo guns you meet the friendly Chechnyan, have some tee, yell "death to America" and get a Soviet one.

>INCENDIARY ROUNDS
>INCENDIARY ROUNDS
>INCENDIARY ROUNDS

You are a burger you must know these things. Many high penetration rounds just go through fuel tanks and even in certain cases gas canisters without creating sparks.

Tracer rounds could absolutely do that. I personally have set a small fire on an APC driver's seat with them. But they're also controlled by the ATF, and I don't believe they're available to the public.

WHY DIDNT HE JUST LOAD HIS PLANE UP WITH FUEL AND EXPLOSIVES AND CRASH IT INTO THE CROWD OF 30,000 PEOPLE?

Seriously if he was just a crazy person that wanted to kill people and suicide he could have done a lot more than just 50

liquid fuel (believe it or not) is more difficult to ignite than you would think... even if bullet were to penetrate thru steel tank, AND create some sparks (not guaranteed), this is not a solid plan by any measure. thanks to hollywood, people actually think you can blow up a car by shooting the gas tank, which is damn near impossible btw, given the location of gas tank on a car. it takes a very specific ratio of vaporized fuel plus air to get combustion to take place. as in, you can shoot a cannister of gasoline and get no flame whatsoever.

>inb4 he wasnt shooting a car

same thing applies to most situations. if he was as intelligent as implied, he would realize that simply shooting a fuel tank is more likely to create a leaking fuel tank than any kind of fire or explosion. the only exception i can think of here would be to use some type of tracer round that is already burning to begin with. simple lead into a steel tank is a long shot for creating anything of value in that situation. if that was the plan, he went about it all wrong. for some reason i doubt that was the plan. but if it was that was stupid of him. he did know enough to place tannerite as a combustible into the fertilizer, sooooooo.

maybe shooting the tank was the signal for the suspected accomplice to start up/prepare a getaway plane or plan.

>don't shoot at me or my son ever again

true. there are so many things that don't make any sense in this story. maybe that was his intention, to just confuse the fuck out of everyone.

He's just being retarded.

You make barrel leaking and shoot the leaked out fuel, this way it is doable. Fuel needs oxygen for burning.

Why would tracer rounds be controlled? I can understand they help you calibrate your bullet trajectory when shooting at long ranges but in Paddock's case they would just give away his position allowing for faster response and people would notice the star wars shit going around instantly.

the gf had one job

You are right, even us neutered leafs know this

This

I can throw matches on a puddle of diesel all day and nothing will happen

if that was the case a flare gun or encrypted walkie-talkie would be better.

the guy was not a retard.

You can pump a thousand rounds into a fuel tank, but if there is no spark to ignite fumes, you just get a tank with holes in it.

you could drop a lit match into the shit he was shooting at and it wouldn't ignite. i believe he was aiming for the fbo complex behind the tanks. as a pilot he would have known that shooting those tanks wouldn't do anything.

>
he did use a .308 he had an ar-10 with a scope on it

I think he might have lighting linked it

because the fuel tanks were used by one of the strike teams. and btw bullets are very hot when they hit a target (its called friction), enough to ignite JET A1

probably a coordinated vehicle ramming attack. I'm guessing that will be what the dune coons do next in America.

Casually holding 75 lbs. of steel

kek

this

This would have been far more effective.

He missed the mythbusters episode on this subject.

and in the police report it says that there were spent .308 casing as well as 5.56

Can we ban nogunz yet? Please?

Probably 7.62s, probably from a M240

Diesel or kerosene does not produce flammable gasses, the liquid itself does not burn. You can throw sparks or even lit matches at it, does nothing.

That's why you use cheap shitty bi-metal coated Russian ammo instead of the good copper coated American stuff.

Why is your post so retarded? Even a cursory glance at statements and press conferences would tell you. But no, that is hard, because you'd rather jerk your meat and just scan bullshit here than actually learn about the reality of the situation.

THE TANKS STILL HAVE HIS INEFFECTIVE BULLETS INSIDE THEM

So I was having a beer with Paddock when he said "I'm going to do something that will fuck up Sup Forums" I just nodded.
"No really" he said "they will go nuts trying to insert conspiracy into it"
Once again I just shrugged paddock was a dick with money

People who think jet fuel is some hyper powerful dangerous volatile shit, make me want to vomit. You don't understand simply chemistry and physics.

Because tracer rounds are made using the same chemicals as flares. So long burning, hot burning chemicals. They can easily start fires. So outside shooting is in wooded areas is a no go, and inside shooting is absolutely not allowed.
I could be wrong about whether they're sold to the public or not, but I would bet money that the ATF treats it as an incendiary round and controls the purchase like a machine gun.

>Why didn't he use a 50 cal to ignite the fuel?
he liked them full auto like his mom

you are officially my favorite Aus.

Or one of the AR-10s he had bought. He began purchasing most of the weapons less than 6 months ago, highly unlikely he would have had an FN MAG.

>It may ignite if the round does a spark on the barrel when it enters

No. The liquid fuel itself cannot be ignited by a spark. You can potentially ignite fuel *vapors*, which might then ignite the fuel, but you need something a lot hotter than a spark to do that. Frankly the idea that the bullet will create a spark when it punches through the tank is itself quite a stretch, a lead bullet going directly through aluminum isn't very sparky.

There are also no vapors in the middle of the liquid, obviously, so you can shoot as much as you want into the side of the fuel tank, it's not going to find anything it can ignite.

If you really want to blow up a fuel tank, I suggest using an actual incendiary device.

no, i know the fucking difference between 7.63 and .308 plus i can read nigger. It said that both 5.56 and .308 were spent, and in the picture in taken of his room there is an AR-10 on the left with a bipod and an 8x scope mounted on it.

does anyone know if paddock was using hollow points or frangible.

>7.62
fuck my bad

That makes sense.

>"they found a .308 AR10"
>"oh that must have been 7.62 from an M240B machinegun"

retard

And an AR-10 shoots.....wait for it.....7.62.

I think ya mean New Zealand bro

This guy had 72 minutes yet only fired actively for around 11.

FUEL TANKS ARE A SLIDE TO GET YOU OFF OF THE SUITCASE DO NOT GO THERE.
FUEL TANKS ARE A SLIDE TO GET YOU OFF OF THE SUITCASE DO NOT GO THERE.FUEL TANKS ARE A SLIDE TO GET YOU OFF OF THE SUITCASE DO NOT GO THERE.

you're dumb I haVe and ar-10 and... wait for it... it shoots .308 fucking kys

i have no idea if illegal or not (maybe depends on state)...but either way would be stupid for him to use, position giveaway.

either way they are not too difficult to diy....just sayin

Paddock was an amateur. He either acted alone or compartmentilized the plan so any more experienced help didn't know about it. Anyone with practical scientific or military experience would have shot holes in this part of the plan.

No it isn't.

At 400m it has the velocity of a 9x19mm, but not having the advantage of being a short stubby wide bullet like the 9mm.

At that distance the .223 is likely to tumble, fragment, or bounce off of bone.

People could find cover behind much less sturdy objects.

I haVe and ar-10

This is the problem right here. Retards with weapons.

>Diesel or kerosene does not produce flammable gasses
You are wrong. Or are you really trying to tell me that they could not be ignited. Have you tried? Try. It is doable.