BERSERK

Was I supposed to be aggravated all through out that stupid demon war arc?

Am I supposed to absolutely despise every scene that involves Falconia, the Neo Band of the Hawk, and everything that involves Griffith?

I just want to get to the end, the boat stuff is honestly alright, but I just get sick of everything involving Griffith. It feels like I'm supposed to marvel in the majesty of this character I despise, and it's just aggravating. I love everything with Guts, but when such a huge chunk of the comic is now just propping up Griffith and his merry band of fucks like this, I just want to stop. It's bad. It's so bad. I can't understand how anyone likes these parts.

The war vs the Kushan was so amazingly unengaging because of how it was mostly Griffith using his god powers to warp reality to become king, battles between two demon factions that I did not sympathize or care about, with a couple human characters thrown in who aren't particularly engaging either.

I get that the art style is detailed, but I've just been trying to catch up all night and it just feels painful. I just want to see Guts' story, not get into every intricacy of Falconia and how perfect this fictional kingdom Griffith just willed into existence is.

I just don't get it. It's like 4 or 5 volumes of this shit, where half the comic just feels like I'm trudging through it.

I can't be the only person who thinks this.

Other urls found in this thread:

live.bilibili.com/10112
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm just sad at how lame the Kushan Emperor fight was.

It was pretty lame.

congratulations, you discovered why Berserk is now dead and nobody gives a shit.
A good idea good artwork good manga turned to shit because of a lazy mangaka wrote himself into a corner trying to build up some large scale horse shit.

The whole manga should have ended when Gutts, Zodd, and everybody was in one place and had the biggest buttfucking fight ever to stop this whole mess.

It seems like they're building towards a confrontation at Falconia, but it's been dawdling so long I just don't see how it can get into gear for an intense final arc. I just want to finish this shit, and it feels like a fucking chore.

Took me 15 years to realize this (yes I'm old) but yeah. I used to hold out hope for this one, I barely even read manga anymore. But it's dead and over, has been for years. Should have had a big ass crazy battle, every dies, but not before Griffith and Gutts share a manly tear and spitroast Casca. The end. The last seven or eight years have been dull as dishwater.

Oh its building up, but the fact remains.
Its been how many years with a lack luster track record of releases, next to a year or two with one 13 pages released sometimes.

They hired him a staff to help him with art, and because he got lazy and refused to work they got shit canned, Berserk could be finished by now but its not.

Lets put it this way.

Berserk was just getting on the boat, when Naruto first started the whole Chonin exams, Naruto ended for the most part.

>Berserk was just getting on the boat, when Naruto first started the whole Chonin exams, Naruto ended for the most part.
In between the time Berserk was on and off the boat, I graduated college, got married, took the bar, and got divorced.

I'm not really concerned about the pace, as much as I was concerned with 5 volumes of what just feels like Griffith-wanking.

Before I made this thread, I had stopped right before this wonderful scene. Now I'm a fair bit more engaged, but still.

5 fucking volumes of the Kushan war. It doesn't make sense to dedicate that much time to all that. It was just agonizing to read through, but I am holding out that if it does get on a decent update schedule like it supposedly will I'll have fun reading it again.

Just, shit. Everything involving Griffith reads like we're not supposed to know exactly what he did. We all know what he did.

Just know that the entire time these chapters were trickling out, the mangaka was jerking off 24/7 to an Xbox game.

Pretty much this.
>Took a break to Play Idol Master.
>Asked the creators if he could guest artist and work their.
>Manga publisher asks him not too, he does it anyway.
>They cant just let him go because its a best selling IP.
>Artist goes and does what he wants.
>Ok, we need you to work on Berserk, here is a artist team.
>Dosent work on anything and gives the excuse "I am writing the story"
>Team has to be let go, they go work on other projects.
>Ok I am ready now, but team is no longer there, hire another team.
>New team ready, but time to play Idol Master again.
>Stay at home all the time, take shit care of health.
>Get sick.
>Fucking in home nurse.
>Old as fuck.
>He still wants 100+ books of Berserk.

Really? I though the parts with griffith/rickert/ganishka were a lot more interesting than guts' bits

And I think you're supposed to hate griffith because of what he achieved and how beloved he is, all the while you know what he did to get to where he is now
it wasn't enough that he let the band of the hawk get gobbled by apostles, he made a new band consisting mostly out of those very same apostles
it honestly made me hate him and it's why rickert's slap felt so satisfying

This.
Griffith got his fucking kingdom, his dream came true, he got everything.
He won.

Even if Guts buttfucks him and throws him into a torture chamber for the next 10 years where they peel off his skin, hammer his kneecaps and put salt in the wounds, hot iron his eyes and dissolve his tongue in acid, he still won.
Miura is a hack and needs to die. Griffith should have never gotten that gratification.

*hate him even more

My problem is that action, war, violence, all mean nothing when you don't have characters to care about.

The boat shit was way more interesting because I cared about the characters on the boat.

Meanwhile, about 2000 pages of Griffith vs Demon Emperor. Even if we're supposed to hate him the entire time, it just goes on way too fucking long. It becomes a problem.

>Griffith is about to get his way.
>Gutts is boarding the boat.
>Skull Knight uses his brand new sword designed to kill God Hand.
>It fails.
>Griffith's goal is accomplished.
>He's creating a whole fucking city of humans to become a nice sacrifice.
I know that shits coming, some horse shit where all the humans in that kingdom must be sacrificed to create GOD or some shit, you know it.

>Gutts cant stop the God Hand.
>Skull Knight cant stop the god hand.
>Zodd, while cool as fuck, cant stop the god hand and now BOWS to them like a pet.
>Nobody can stop them, they are over powered spurge lords.
>Gutts is the struggler.

If Gutts had killed Slan back before he got the armor I would have said "oh shit there is hope" but nope.

If Gutts and Skull Knight had killed another member of the god hand, id shit my pants, but nope.

all 5 alive.

If Guts isn't 100% human I'm done.

They'd kill the entire charm of the character if they said that his pointed years meant he was half elf.

I don't want another Ichigo. I want a character I can identify somewhat with.

What's with this meme? People said the same thing about Togashi from HXH when it was obviously he has health issues. Maybe Miura is just fucking OLD.

>Meme.
Yes, he wasn't old 10 years ago, nor did he have health issues 10 years ago, that shit only happened recently.

He is on record in interviews stating he bought a 360 just for Idol Master, he begged to work for Idol Master putting his own manga aside, he had teams hired for him, all of this shit is on record and in interviews.

>InB4 "hur source fag I am to stupid to google" or lurk Berserk Generals for the past so many years.

That will never happen, so no need to worry. There's tons of characters with pointed ears in the series.

As for the Kushan War, I do remember it somewhat lagging but I thought the climax was worth it. Griffith being a villain sue now makes sense at least since he's a godhand so he's bound to be untouchable. I would have liked to see more from the pov of like Mule or something though, characters who feel vulnerable in this war.

I just can't imagine anyone looking back to those volumes fondly.

If you like Guts, and what the story is really about, those parts feel like you should hate them.

I can't imagine people buying those volumes like that.

Its supposed to make you mad yes
This should be obvious dumbass
"Its bad because I dont like X character on a personal level"
You sound like those dumg college kids 1 star goodread reviews of classic novels

>tfw Rickert did more in one chapter than Guts has in quite a long while

Not only that but he choose apostles that parrarel his old Hawks.
Zodd = replacement Guts
psychic girl = replacement Casca
Grunbeld = replacement Pippin
And so on.
Its hard to tell if its Griffith being Cruel (he sent them after a witch he knew Guts would visit soon after he formed the new hawks) or if its another sign of Griffith having a human side thanks to Guts child (like the hill of swords incident with Casca)

I loved the Falcon of the Millennium Empire Arc. Fight me.

God tier art, God tier fights, and best boy gets his kingdom.

>congratulations, you discovered why Berserk is now dead and nobody gives a shit.
What do people keep insisting on being faggots in public ? Did you surrender all sense of shame ?

Sup Forums contrarian bullshit
Same reason why Sup Forums pretends it doesnt like alotta shit
Idk why people around here try so hard to pretend they like moe faggotry tho, there cant be THAT many hikki freaks around

I think griffith knows what kind of members he needs in his teams (oh yeah I need a guy with a huge sword, someone with high defense, a jack of all trades etc.)
he just knows what works

still felt like spitting on the memory of the original hawks and made me despise him even more

disgusting griffith apologist

Don't be stupid.

Who else liked the boyhood arc?

I thought it was a refreshingly simple little story that reminded me why I like Berserk.

I'm sure everyone hated it when it was coming out at a snail's pace, though.

Can you imagine what it must have felt like to be a broken mortal, desperate for power?

So desperate you gave up all you loved, all you cared about, to become a member of the God Hand?

Imagine watching your friends and family being ripped to shreds for your sole gain.

Imagine feeling bliss knowing your sacrifice will pave the way for you becoming something far greater than any demon.
Imagine having your mortal flesh lifted from you, and being wrapped in an ethereal cocoon to undergo metamorphosis.

Imagine emerging from your shell as Conrad

Miura is just playing devil's advocate for the sake of the story and characters. You shouldn't read this like you are watching a soap opera where you cum your pants every time your favorite character gets screentime.

Not that I watch soap operas.

I hated a lot of the more recent arcs until I read them all at a decent pace.

Waiting 7, 8, 9 months for a chapter, only to be disappointed really sours whatever it is I'm reading. Like, subconsciously I ask far to much of one chapter due to the long wait. And if it happens over and over, I wind up disliking a lot of it.

Think we'll get backstories on every god hand member before the series is over?

I'd guess only guess Void, and even then, not too much. I would like some, though. Even if it were a few pages of "ancient legends" per Godhand like how Gaiseric was introduced.

>Ubik's face
Sorry I had to do it.

You did it wrong.

>000
You're most certainly right senpai.

I like Griffith but his entire king of the universe arc was bad because he never talked. It was just so lazy.

why do you like rapists

he got used to not talking after being without a tongue for a year

BLOOD AND GUTS AND GUTS AND BLOOD AND
BLOOD AND GUTS AND GUTS AND BLOOD

>thought to check if there was a new chapter just because berserk animu aired
>OH SHIT THERE IS!
>the fucking torrent link has been broken every time I try to download it

holy shit am i going to have to wait another 6 months just for E-G to unfuck their broken shit?

It means you are an edgy faggot who still supports Guts and his laughable selfish agenda.

It's easily the best and most profound part of the entire manga. Stay pleb.

All manga emotional peak was when the medieval shit came across the magic and mystic shit. When Guts was on edge and survived that mess. Hell yeah, I wanted Griffith got murdered painfully.
Miura just cannot reach that hight anymore, so he is fucking around with it. Also, this >he's a bit dissapointed his favourite series (NovelsM@ster) is over and that he was surprised it ended
>HE WAS SURPRISED IT ENDED
Berserk will never be finished.

Griffith's molecule sized remaining human side was always going to be what killed him in the end.

Berserk is only good because of Griffith. Guts is just a mediocre character and his JRPG party is even worse.
If you reread it you will realize that Griffith was right all along.

>congratulations, you discovered why Berserk is now dead and nobody gives a shit.
>Berserk 38 sells 246,250 volumes in two weeks
Guess again, faggot

This thread reeks of butthurt that it's taking long. Chill out and enjoy Berserk once or twice a year. It's going great. Who cares if it finishes. It's a casual hobby at this point.

It's dead in meaning of story and art. Now it's only cash producing franchise.

Nonsense. The story is still very good.

>Story is perfectly progressing forward with no sudden retcons and asspulls
>between Farnese and Schierke we never had better supporting cast
>however, manga is slowly progressing and that one kid is annoying
ITS OBVIOUSLY A SELLOUT

No.

>griffith planted the seeds of his destruction by raping casca

pottery

didn't mean to quote the second post

It was not worse than the pirates.

Those guys were the fucking worst.

The way I see it is that it's not supposed to "feel good".

In the first place, you know -- YOU know Griffith is an asshole. Almost nobody else does. The whole arc is this fucking asshole easily "achieving his dream", except you also know that Griffith doesn't really feel anything anymore, so he's just following fate or something with absolutely no true ambition or passion. He's otherworldly and inhuman and it shows any time he's on page. He achieves his kingdom he always wanted and shows none of the childish glee he used to possess in victory when he was human. So the whole thing is unnerving and shitty. Even the new band is basically all apostles, who are shit, and his new kingdom is unsubtly dark.

Here's the thing, I think it goes on too long. It's also not very interesting. I get whats going on, but man did it take a while to get out of Griffith's tales.

Is natural progression based on themes and Guts's very obvious character arc bad storytelling?

It's basically returning to the more lighthearted days of the Golden Age, just with more silliness.

Yeah Rickert and his new daughter/sister injected some feeling into the manga again before we got off the fucking boat.

Yeah, I agree with you, but I think it's just painful to read through 7-8 volumes of this shit.

>Erica
>new character

lmao

Pirates > Falconia

I don't give a shit if it was totally out of the time period

I think you can also hate him because he EASILY wins.

The Band of the Hawk/Falcon OG did not easily win. It was hard fought all the time with losses and clever strategy resulting in great wins that truly made everyone, Griffith included, feel very accomplished. It was fun.

The new Band is a bunch of very strong monsters that trounce anything that gets in their way.

I didn't say she was a new character.

Learn to read.

Godo died and Rickert BASICALLY adopted Erica.

Well it is.

That should have made you hate him as well as him coming to the sword graveyard.

Holy SHIT did that make me fucking angry

How does making good on everything that was promised make him a hack?

This was Griffith's fate. We've known for a long time.

I has build up too much that I wonder if Guts would even be able to beat Griffith at this point. Griffith has a whole country backing him up and even the demon armies while Guts only have one loli witch, a monkey, two elves, a princess, a retard, and a chinese guy with him. The only thing that can actually help him is an armor that breaks his body after each use.

That said, I had only started reading this because of the "That thing, it was too big to be called a sword" line. I thought it was pretty cool.

>doesn't even leave bodies to be buried
>still let's an apostle trample over their makeshift graves
>erects a new band in their place made up of apostles

and the worst part? he feels nothing while doing this, not even sadistic glee

it's so fucking easy to hate him

Of course you're supposed to dislike them.

Thread so many baseless assumptions in this thread.

>Nobody can stop them, they are over powered spurge lords.
i am thinking Gutts will use Griffith's paradise as a sacrifice to god hand.
This not only gives him the power to kill Griffith but also destroys every thing he has worked hard for.

This is what Guts wanted, to redeem himself in a way, to stay with his companions and respect them.
It depends on how you look at that. If it's really all that Griffith wants, then yes, it is boring. Although I hope that Miura thinks of Griffith as a character with his own personality. I hope he still retained some strong traits and he is not just emotionless shell of a very powerful demon. This is actually the most important thing for me right now in Berserk.

good point
you can't even admire him for his cunning tactics anymore, just hate him because of how overpowered he's become and root for his downfall

Well bad news is, he is in fact totally emotionless.

Okay, not totally, but he may as well be. The only emotions he feels are for his "parents". He otherwise lacks soul.

That said, Femto seemed to have lots of personality, while resurrected Griffith is stone cold. That's why Rickert slapped him.

Well, by the looks of it, Mrs. Mindroken might be cured and who knows, maybe rickert, Silat and his Cho Aniki's, and the wizard poo in the loo will join Gut's crew.

You can still have an interesting personality even if you are emotionless. It all depends on how do you think and see the world. That's why I am hoping he is going to show something more than usual soon.

Yusuke from YuYu Hakusho comes to mind.

>Gutts kills 1000 demons
>Dragon Slayer is 2 stronk
>Kills Griff in one swing
>Void reveals that he is the best and gives me a long john silver

I don't like where berserk is going

How would you feel if Guts ditches everyone on Elf Island. As much as I love the witch loli, it would be nice for Guts to be Guts again. If anything he can bring the witch to control him in his Berserk mode.

it would be ok if he left them there out of concern for their safety, but guts going back to his black swordsman personality would feel like a regression a bit

I actually want Casca to gtfo soon, be it death or just an unhappy separation. Guts will get an upgrade.
The kid won't stay with Guts long, he'll be sent where all other normal people are. Farnese and Serpico will have a special job to do, leaving Shierke and Guts alone, who will be torn apart by the return of grimdark. Leaving Guts with only Spooky skeleton of Exposition. Then we'll get another nebulous upgrade and the final charge against Griffith will last ten years of waiting for a new chapter with Guts when instead it'll all be about side plots by all these other characters.

Anyone else bothered by the asexuality of men in Berserk?

There hasn't been a character oozing masculinity since Wyald. Blacked Swordsman and his twink crew are boring.

>it would be ok if he left them there out of concern for their safety, but guts going back to his black swordsman personality would feel like a regression a bit.
I agree that leaving the kids and everybody useless behind would be understandable because they're a burden to Guts and the readers. I agree Black Swordsman personality would feel like a regression due to all the trauma and fights he dealt with. Guts seems really tired and passive as of now, I just think his Black Swordsman personality is more fun.

Casca dying? Why, just for Guts to get mad again? Once Guts dumps her ass I doubt they're gonna meet in a long time or at all (In series and In real life). If anything, I don't think he'll even get her old personality back. >Upgrades as in what?
>Skull Knight?

You are a retard. Never post again on this board.

This is from the new Berserk movie?

>implying Guts would deliberately sacrifice about a million innocent people to be raped, eaten and teared apart alive by disgusting subhuman monster shits just to get his way
He might have been an edgy hardass in his Black Swordsman days, but he is not despicable, human trash like Griffith.

Disregard that, I suck cocks.

You're supposed to hate him, but the apocalypse was occurring through those parts.

Remember when Guts had a personality? Nowadays his personality is reduced to some cringy oneliners.

>from
>I hate you all I don't care grrrr my vengeance can't be stopped
>to
>heh lets do this. For Casca!
Geeee, what a downgrade user.

>some cringy oneliners

did you stop reading at black swordsman or something?

Falconia is such a megalomaniac construction even Stalin and Hitler would think it's just too much.

live.bilibili.com/10112

Back then he actually had a playful relationship with Puck, I can't even remember them talking to each other post-conviction. Or how his interaction with Farnese/Serpico before they became part of his party. Not to mention Golden Age with Gaston or Caska.

With the exception of Zodd and Skullknight, he he barely shows any personality when interacting with other characters.

The series could still end nicely, if he gets on it already.
>Guts and co on fairy land
>Casca gets healed
>Falconia forces attack island
>Guts fights them off
>Fairy isle folks vow to help Guts fight against Griffith
>Falconia becomes a living hell hole, demons can't be held back from attacking people
>Guts and co attack when Falconia is in chaos and dissaray
>Guts and elf isle folks attack, Guts old allies, Kushins, others attack for different reasons
>guts gets to griffith
>someone activates the behilit
>Stuff happens
>final battle
>The end

Really if he got to doing 30 pages every month, it could finish in 2-3 years. Everything has been set up, the falconia stuff was necessary, pirate shit was not. However I gave up long ago on this ending, so I just sort of passively enjoy it.