Viking ring reveals Swedens ancient Islamic ties

A glass ring found in a Viking grave belonging to a Swedish woman offers proof that Vikings were in direct contact with the ancient Islamic civilizations.

The ring, which is decorated with glass and not amethyst as previously assumed, has an inscription that reads ”to Allah” or “for Allah” in Arabic, writes ScienceNews.

According to the archeologists behind the discovery, it’s a well-established fact that Scandinavians traded their women in exchange of glass beads with people from Egypt and Mesopotamia as far back as 3,400 years ago -- so it’s not that unlikely to think that Vikings women might’ve taken the trip down there themselves and converted to Islam, says the researchers from Stockholm University.

According to Jeanette Varberg, director of Moesgaard Museum in Sweden, it’s a very exciting discovery. However, she says she’s not surprised that there were multicultural connections between ancient Scandinavia and the Middle East.

I think Islam is what makes many Swedes today jealous of immigrant groups. You have a culture, an identity, a history, something that brings you together. And what do we have? We have Midsummer's Eve and such silly things, said Mona Sahlin, the former Prime Minister of Sweden

sciencenordic.com/ancient-ring-brings-vikings-and-islamic-civilizations-closer-together

Other urls found in this thread:

muslimheritage.com/article/viking-and-muslim-world
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why do you post this ever 2 days?

WE

WE

SVERIGE

god damn, international trade existed before the 20th century, call the cops

"It's a well established fact" Nice try vermin.

>Midsummer's Eve and such silly things

Filthy treasonous cunt.

Vikings were all over the fucking place, of course they picked up souvenirs.

>A glass ring found in a Viking grave belonging to a Swedish woman offers proof that Vikings were in direct contact with the ancient Islamic civilizations.

This is not new, we've known this for decades. The Baltic - Volga - Black Sea - Caspian trade routes were active for hundreds of years.

Also, very much doubt any actual convert brought back that ring. They traded for it because it was pretty. Thousands of scandinavians served in the Varangian Guard in Constantinople for centuries, but most didn't convert to Christianity.

Islam isn't the only religion that has used Arabic.

How do we know if this isn't an Arab pagan ring, Zoroastrian, or Cananite?

>ancient Islamic civilizations
>ancient
>religion that was formed by a larper after the death of Christ
Pick one

They went there 3400 years ago. Islam is only 1600 years old. Funny that there is not more islamic stuff arround, or did they stop going there. Maybe the wikings where smarter than their siblings of today up north.

Islamic ties?

You mean Islamic roots.

Sweden is Muslim holy land

630 AD is still technically "ancient", especially considering the state of development in southwestern Arabia at the time.

>tfw Sweden's vikings were cucks

Allah is based.

>Viking joyfully hacks a Saracen to death
>Takes his ring because fuck you
>Ends up in his shit when they bury him
>Vikings were Muslim!

Would make him sick.

Everything after 476 is considered "Medieval" or "Middle Ages" you dumb fucking Swedecuck.

Also shit b8 thread, saged.

when you think about it viking were pretty much muslims

>raid Islamic territory
>Rape and pillage after killing all the men
>Oooh neat! I bet my wife would love this ring I just cut off that Muslim chick

>Look! Look! Vikings we're Muslim!

Islam is only 1400 years old idiot

Bet you thought you were really clever when you hit that "submit" button, repeating the already disproved bullshit that was said a million times before.

I wish you'd drop dead.

Yea well I have proof that Italians are actually Chinese! Eeeeeeeeeeeyy look ata spaghetti itsa lo mein!!!! We all family eeeeeeeeeeyy

how much do you owe me faggot?
>walk into more developed white people land. kill people

did you know that viking women coulndt even drive cars

>not surprised that scandinavia had multicultural contact
bro even if this is bait, you got a big laugh out of me

I believed every word of it, deal.

I know you meant this as a joke, but pasta is actually an Asian invention. Once the Italians discovered it in Asia and brought it back, it became popular in Italy as well.

>be larper
>see Europeans fighting crusades against muslims
>use opportunity to sell white slaves to turks
>join muslim armies and kill Europeans

>Vikings left the Muslim world alone, preferring instead to serve as mercenaries in its armies, or trade with it in valuable commodities such as slaves – they may have been raiders at the European end of trade route, but at the Middle Eastern end they were merchants.
muslimheritage.com/article/viking-and-muslim-world

Thats the Arabic word for Assassin. It says Hashashin on it. Vikings killed Muslims for money, and were the Nord arm of the Assassins guild.

Hashashin. Assassins creed real history.

Vikings fucking raided Islamic societies all along the Mediterranean. How do they know it was because some ancient Swede got blacked.

Islam isn't 3,400 years old. . .

>find one ring with Arabic markings on it in a place it shouldn't be
>suddenly all Vikings were pals with Muslims
Science!