3-gatsu no Lion

Confirmed for 22 episodes. Animated by Shaft and actually directed by Shinbo. OP and ED by Bump of Chicken.

animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-07-15/shaft-march-comes-in-like-a-lion-anime-listed-with-22-episodes/.104352

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CiCWbfjf8Tw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No one gives a shit about this boring series.

>actually directed by Shinbo
Guess I'll put Shaft back on my list.

>actually directed by Shinbo
I'll believe it when I see it

>still no scriptwriter
>still no real director

'ok'

>Scriptwriter for a shaft anime

They'll just fill all 22 episodes with self reference and necktilts with their wacky bake template direction, they don't need a story.

I bet Shinbo will do series comp or something stupid like that.

I figured Shinbo wouldn't direct any TV anime until all their movie work was done and over with. I'm excited now.

>still no real director
Have people ever called you slow?

Why do you people even rate Shinbo? The actual garbage he directed decades ago were all complete garbage flops.

I've been watching his stuff in chronological order, and I think he's very good at framing a scene. The final episode of Metal Fighter Miku is the first time he really shows it, but all of Hurricane Polymar was really good.

He's a good director and I like his storyboards.

He's very average.

I'm so disappointed.

Fuck this shit. I've waited years for Sangatsu to get an adaptation and now it's going to be the fucking Shinbo show instead of Sangatsu. Why not get Kenichi Kasai back to direct considering the fantastic job he did with the first season of Honey & Clover?

His work is critically acclaimed and has been very influential in the industry. Perhaps you're not a fan, but he is certainly not an average director.

I wish.

You do realize that the mangaka herself refused anyone other than Shaft to animate it

Because Umino loves Shinbo and Shaft an only agreed to an adapatation if it was made by them.

I don't get why they keep choosing SHAFT for adaptations that aren't Bake. Everything they make are just self circlejerking flops.

What's the story there? I hadn't heard anything on that.

I think you have a peculiar idea of what "average" entails. Even if you think he's shit, he's a style of shit that goes outside of the box most anime directors play in.

Go back to art school and stop posting this every fucking time.

2/3 of their series have sold 3000+ discs. That's pretty amazing.

You may not realize this, but SHAFT actually did anime production for some anime before Bakemonogatari user.

Half of those are the yearly Bake season.

Source? I need to see the proof that the mangaka has such good taste.

That's exactly my point, though. SHAFT isn't a one-hit wonder studio, they're pretty consistently successful.

Bake is pretty consistently successful, take away that series and SHAFT has actually more flops than successful series.

Her comment from 3lion-anime.com
>Worshiped Mr or Simbo's works like Bakemonogatari, Madoka Magica, Arakawa Under the Bridge and Zetsubō Sensei, I said "Only SHAFT, and with Akiyuki Simbo in control!". If this dream wasn't realized, I think I would have refused the anime adaptation of my manga. I am very happy! I intend to help and encourage him as best I can.
Plus she was praising their shows on her twitter and Anigera.

This is a stupid argument to begin with, and it's still wrong. If you remove the 8 Bake series

>Arakawa Under the Bridge
>Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge
>Dance in the Vampire Bund
>Kofuku Graffiti
>Maria Holic Alive
>Natsu no Arashi
>Natsu no Arashi Akinaichuu
>Popotan
>REC
>Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
>Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru
>Tsukuyomi Moon Phase

Amazing pedigree, SHAFT.

If you remove the 8 bake series, you're left with 21 series, of which 11 have sold over 3000 discs. So that's still a good success rate, removing their most successful long running series.

Not him, but 11/21 selling over 3K is more or less normal.

Sure. So what you're saying is that if you remove their main project for the last several years they still have a normal sales rate. Is that supposed to be bad?

I really want to know which seiyuu they're casting. I hope that info comes out in next week's Young Animal.

That would make them the 7th most successful studio, rather than the second. Doesn't seem that normal to me.

Threadly reminder that SHAFT, even with the yearly bakeshit season and Kizu movie, couldn't manage to make more profit than KinoAni's worst year in a long time.

Kyoani is the most profitable studio in the industry, there's no denying that. SHAFT isn't willing to take the kind of risks that going completely independent entails, but they still do a lot of their own innovation and put out good anime. There's no need to try and spark a studio war.

Kamiya is friends with Umino, favored by Shaft and voiced Honey and Clover's MC. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get a role.

Now that I think about it, Kamiya met his wife thanks to Shaft.

Are KyoAni and Shaft the best?

I've been using those stats in this thread as well, and it should be noted that that only goes from 2005-2014.

I just hope he doesn't get cast as Rei; he wouldn't suit his kind of character at all. Maybe someone like Nikaidou.

>Kyoani is the most profitable studio in the industry, there's no denying that
Is this a fucking joke? Do you realize how much money Sunrise makes? Their profit is several times larger than KyoAni's entire revenue.

Isn't that largely from sources other than anime sales? I might be wrong, but that's what I was referring to.

He probably meant most profitable late night, privately owned anime studio. I don't believe anyone thinks KyoAni is bigger than Sunrise, IG, Perriot or Toei

I was referring specifically to disc sales, but I'm no expert. I assumed that the really big studios made their money mostly in merchandising.

Did anyone read that Shinbo x Umino interview?

Looks good. Hopefully Shinbo actually directs it.
I can see it attracting an unfavorable crowd though.

That's why I avoid adaptations, usually. The threads always suck.

>Dissing Shaft
>Posting Kyoani reaction picture
Every single time.

How much do you think is gonna be covered?

So the ED is that collab song, neat
youtube.com/watch?v=CiCWbfjf8Tw

Why does shaft just ask Aniplex for more money

They do

Everyone place your bets.

KyoAni is the best, after all.

Wow and ppl say Shaft only has 3 VAs. Suprised to see Kamiya not having that many roles.

Rei winning the new-comer king tournament or end of the bullying arc would probably be the best places to end, but I dunno if that's too much or too little content for 22 episodes.

I could see him as Smith or maybe Hayashida-sensei, but yeah, he would be a horrible Rei.

It is really common for SHAFT to announce Shinbo as "director" and then there is a series director when the first episode airs in the credits.

I'm pretty sure you could get a Bingo on any of the diagonals without even watching the show.

Who is Ikuhara? He made that dumb bear lesbian anime?

Best known for Utena.

Oh that repetitive anime. Couldnt finish it. Thought Shaft had 1 style but Ikuhara guy cant adapt anything different.

How new?

The most FABULOUS MAX director in Japan.

I think it aired around 2015 it isn't that new.

Oishi is an improved Ikuhara to be honest. And Shitbo is just a poor man's Nakamura.

Oonuma is the best director to have come out of the Shaft funny farm.

Too bad his anime in Silver Link have been shit. Apart from Baka to Test, Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, and maybe C3 he has been a lack luster director. His latest work are even more shit than before.

Still great. Sadly too niche to succeed though.

>no info on the seiyuu cast yet
Who gives a shit.

Fans of shaft and the series? Is that so hard to comprehend or are you a moron?

Mahoromatic was a Gainax title. Shaft only assisted with some animation.

Mahoromatic was a co-production as in equal partners.

Doesnt matter. None of the creative control was given to Shaft. Look at the staff.

I think it's just because Silver Link has been notoriously awful at getting good source material to adapt.

Who would even outsource animation to SHAFT?

This was before your time young one

If you were going to make bizarre claims, you could have at least gone for the Shaft director who actually worked under Ikuhara.

Thank you based translator for dumping those volumes recently. They are so good.

Hinata is so sexual now with her short hair. And she still looks like a elementary/middle schooler.

>Ikuhara invented artsy slideshows

Rei's pairing with Hina who looks so much younger than him really turns me on. I'm glad the mangaka didn't have him go for the older sister.

Does she have no say in this?

He's just declaring his intent, they aren't engaged or anything.

She thinks it was just a clever ruse on the dad by Rei to get him out of their lives.

I'd fuck all the sisters.

But Rakudai and Rokujoma were good. Unhappy was a disappointment though.

agree those were fine. call me when u see girlfriend kari

He's still perfectly fine as a director it's just a matter of not having any actual good stories to handle yet. I mean his work on Watamote, Anne Happy, etc. shows that he still hasn't lost his touch as a director.

That being said, those three shows you mentioned are like the most SHAFT-y shows he's done before he totally diverged from that style.

He didn't direct that.

Those are some ugly character designs

Honestly I just want Team Shinbo again.
PPD is still by far my favorite SHAFT show.

I fucking hate how recent shaft ruins shows with their garbage animation and direction.
The artsy bullshit only works for a few shows, like Madoka and Monogatari. It's shit for series like Aikawa and this one.

I'll give this 3 episodes and if it's full of their stupid backgrounds and shit animation I'll drop it. What a waste of talent.

How could anyone bully this?

Recent shaft ruined what? Nisekoi was better than the manga. Koufuku is great with a bit of dumb Okada writing. Only shit anime Shaft did recently is MCA and thats all Jin's fault.

Seeing what you think about gatari and madoka proves that you havent watched any shaft pre 2009.

>shit animation
You're either baiting or retarded if you think this needs high quality animation.

Why is Mirai on that picture?

Let me rephrase. The actual animated parts are animated well.
Their animation style is garbage.

Sasami was also bad, but that was probably due to source material, and SHAFT did a great job visually.