Australians give up 51,000 illegal guns as govt stands by tough laws

Australians give up 51,000 illegal guns as govt stands by tough laws

www.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1CB06I

>Mass shooting occurs in America
>Tougher gun laws get enacted in Australia

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_laws_in_Australia
abc.net.au/news/2011-09-28/bolt-found-guilty-of-breaching-discrimination-act/3025918
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gun_laws#Australia
paintballaustralia.com.au/shooters_licence.htm
ballisticfirearms.com.au/QPS/Crossbow Legislation.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_issues_in_airsoft#Australia
ozlasers.com/australian-laser-laws
productsafety.gov.au/bans/yo-yo-water-balls
productsafety.gov.au/bans/novelty-cigarette-lighters
productsafety.gov.au/bans/smokeless-tobacco-products
productsafety.gov.au/bans/toys-containing-beads
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_helmets_in_Australia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarette_packets_in_Australia
theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/may/03/smokers-to-pay-more-than-45-for-a-packet-of-cigarettes-from-2020
news.com.au/finance/money/why-do-we-pay-so-much-for-alcohol/news-story/1647c23acc476553ade5d77774b8fa7d
abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/ecigarette-ban-has-advocates-fuming/8431564
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_banned_in_Australia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games_in_Australia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's for your own good.

That's one small step for man, one giant leap for emukind

mass suicides to reduce violence across the world when?

I love how in America we barely even discuss the idea of taking anything away. The only thing we have to worry about is them getting rid of bump stocks but idc if they do that or not

This

>Some aussie thought their katana was a gun

And more immigration. Enjoy.

I dont understand why you roofuckers broadcast this level of cuckery on a daily basis.

>California voters vote down gay marriage
>court decides that they are 'wrong'
>gay marriage legalized in California
>Australia voted against gay marriage

Sorry in advance Ausbro

We do it as a joke. That's the main difference between you and I.

>Australia bans guns
>imports shitskins
>crime goes up
why do people always ignore this?

The owner thought about guns once, that was enough to make it a double sword gun with an assault grip. In the right hands it could kill 6 million.. you Yanks don't understand how important safety is.

in australia all you have to worry about are 4'9 chinks with fat wallets and big stupid birds. In America if you don't have a gun you are fucked, because at any moment a wild group of niggers or spics could decide they want to rob your house and kill you and your family. Thus we have guns

I won't.

Actually they dont. I would love to have an immigration policy like AUS in the US. It is stronger than anything trump will be able to do. Thats all. Let your almonds swim in that for a bit.

Aussies had to grab all the guns when they realized the entire fucking country was a bunch of alcoholics descended from actual criminals.

>The only thing we have to worry about is them getting rid of bump stocks but idc if they do that or not
you should care because after they take away the bump stock they will wait a few years and go for something else. the slippery slope is real. think about what happened once they got gay marriage literally like the very next day they were bitching about the rights of trannies. never give them an inch.

Widows and numale sons who inherited the patriarch's intentionally unregistered and unrelinquished gun don't want to go to prison, so they relinquish them during amnesty and the government gets to pat itself on the back.

These huge numbers just go to show many Australians will never surrender their guns under any circumstance.

Aussies are degenerate roo fisters.

Actually Australia takes more immigrants in than the US, most of which being chinks

they realized that had to take absolutely every single gun away from a nation of alcoholics BEFORE they could take away their alcohol...

Why are there more ninja weapons on the table than guns?

Embarassing

YOUR NOT THE UNITED STATES THOUGH, sorry caps lock, but its true, you're not, you're an ally, but the united states has enemies so we cannot neuter our country like that without making ourselves vulnerable so that's not going to happen.

KEKED
U
C
K
E
D

Very true. Also we have had mass shootings (more than 4 people shot), these people like to either avoid mentioning that or outright lie about it.

Not a vote, a survey.

We're not Americans, we have a civil society and at that time guns were a problem, not just with nutters but with saturation effects of guns being everywhere. Suicides, domestics and armed robbery.
Australia can't be compared to the USA, we're completely different people, there isn't really an Australian equivalent in the USA as a demographic, that's how different we are. They need guns and I don't blame them.

>t. melbourne

>t. notanargument

Additionally, you will want to add on... Australians are genuine suckers for money. Additionally the media at the time of Port Arthur would have played it out as a huge national tragedy and guilt tripped majority into selling them to the government.

That twitter poster is American, though.
Much of the lionising of Australia's gun reforms are coming from your lefties. They're the ones you need to watch; ours need to be buried in a barrel in the outback.

I hate this retarded argument. Someone could do a mass shooting with bolt actions and shotguns. Granted they probably wouldnt kill as many but its not like its impossible because semi autos are banned. America has a lot of social issues that they need to work on instead of just blaming gun ownership.

How cucked can you GET?

That only applies to illegal boat people. Legal immigration is a different story. 200k permanent immigrants a year in a country of 25 million, plus another 300k on visas per year that will most likely never leave. The meme in australian cities is 'spot the aussie' because of the massive asian population.

Australia is cucked for gun laws compared to the kiwis because they lack the hunting community. For every Aussie hunter there are 20 city plebs who never touched a firearm, the cities aren't dangerous enough for self defence carry and it has no basis in the constitution.

So unlike the kiwis who are all shooting pigs and deer with their surpressors on, or the Americans who have a constitutional right and live amongst violent niggers, most Aussie people don't have the first clue about firearms

The only thing that changed dramatically after port arthur was gun suicides. The numbers dropped dramatically. That isnt to say suicide in general dropped though. But yes we are much different from the u.s. 85% of gun homicides in america are attributed to gangs, namely ethnic minorities. If you remove gangs from the statistics america has similar gun homicides per capita to us, despite the fact that 50% of males in the u.s. own firearms.

This is a beta excuse

It's not an excuse but a reality. They lack an effective rifle association because 9/10 Australians live in the city and their biggest problem is pigeons and chinese people who rank about as threatening.

If you needed guns to take care of spiders or snakes or dickheads at the bar I guess they would have a lot more popular support

>no right to free speech, hate speech laws out the ass
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_laws_in_Australia
abc.net.au/news/2011-09-28/bolt-found-guilty-of-breaching-discrimination-act/3025918
>downright draconian gun laws
Self-explanatory.
>need a license for fucking air rifles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gun_laws#Australia
>need a fucking license for paintball guns
paintballaustralia.com.au/shooters_licence.htm
>need a license for crossbows
ballisticfirearms.com.au/QPS/Crossbow Legislation.html
>airsoft is banned
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_issues_in_airsoft#Australia
>LASER pointers over 1mw are banned (effectively banning the vast majority)
ozlasers.com/australian-laser-laws
>fucking YO YO WATERBALLS are banned
productsafety.gov.au/bans/yo-yo-water-balls
>novelty toy-like lighters are banned
productsafety.gov.au/bans/novelty-cigarette-lighters
>smokeless tobacco is banned
productsafety.gov.au/bans/smokeless-tobacco-products
>toys containing beads are banned
productsafety.gov.au/bans/toys-containing-beads
>need a helmet to ride a fucking bicycle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_helmets_in_Australia
>plain packaging on cigarettes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarette_packets_in_Australia
>absurdly high taxation on alcohol and cigarettes
theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/may/03/smokers-to-pay-more-than-45-for-a-packet-of-cigarettes-from-2020
news.com.au/finance/money/why-do-we-pay-so-much-for-alcohol/news-story/1647c23acc476553ade5d77774b8fa7d
>e-cigarettes are banned
abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/ecigarette-ban-has-advocates-fuming/8431564
>many violent games and movies banned or censored even after the R18 was introduced
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_banned_in_Australia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games_in_Australia

what a suffocating toddler state

>helmet to ride a bicycle

fuck off anyone did. they staged this gun hand over. this is a political stunt cause Malcolm is a shit cunt with poor piss like by the population

>seatbelt to drive a car

No difference

what do you expect from the (((liberals)))

Wasn't it just an amnesty for all illegal firearm owners? Did your legislation actually change?
Also love this bit from the article:
>The killer there had a collection of semi-automatic weapons which a person in his position would simply not be able to acquire in Australia
Really? A millionare couldn't get a semi automatic rifle in Australia? Are you sure about that? Where did the 51 000 come from then?

Actually yes because even though I don't agree it's about being a projectile.

On a bike you're a projectile no matter what. So at that point if I don't want to wear a helmet, I shouldn't have to.

They are filling their military with women and foreigners as well. Anglo cucks have always been faggots. Ww2 should have been a redpill about that

This post literally triggered me. I wish women valued freedom as much as men do, then we would have the numbers to vote against this draconian shit. 'Muh feminism' but just replaces males with the state.

Has everybody forgot if you take away guns, Aussies will just use other things as weapons.
It happened in the 30s when they banned handguns in Sydney, so razor gangs popped up.

The people who surrender their guns wouldn't be the ones doing the shooting

Sure, seatbelt laws are all about protecting the poor asphalt from your face skidding down it at 60mph after you're thrown from the windshield doing a headstand.

Wearing a helmet on a bike stops you dying from something so completely dumb as being knocked off at 5mph and in Australia costing 100 grand to keep your dumb ass on life support for a day or two before they realise there was never a brain to begin with

>durr wearing a helmet is pointless

The average American is immune to head trauma so yes it is.

>one poses a risk to others
>the other has no risks besides the rider

They're not the same retard. If I'm not endangering you physically it should not be banned.

I never said that you shouldn't be able to wear a helmet if you don't want to. Just don't force it.

>muh medical costs

I swear socialized healthcare is a fucking cancer. It's always the same excuse used to justify the massive fucking toddler state.

Nowhere in Europe is it required to wear a helmet to ride a bicycle retard, not unless you're a child which is what Australians are eternally seen as by their government.

Correlation, causation, blah, blah, blah.

Imagine being this cucked

And you just know all the mosques totally handed in their weapons caches...

What will the aussies do about the emus?

>nunchuks
Christ you Aussies are cucked.