Who got it worse?

Who got it worse?

Definitely Panty.

>le Simon bad end maymay

Nia was on borrowed time from the start and letting her live would have been abusing spiral power.

She was also a shit-tier waifu so I don't get why she inspired such anger to begin with

I agree that the ending made sense but people would bitch if I didn't include it

for me it goes to Suguru

Panty clearly
I think it was the hamster transformation, blatant ass pulling, and throwing of galaxies that really defined that ending.

noriko, kazumi, and nono had a happy ending though

>everyone and everything Noriko and Kazumi ever know are dead/forgotten

I guess they have all these new things to discover, but Nono just wanted to meet Noriko

she sacrificed herself to defeat the space monsters once and for all, and she made lal'c happy

it's a bittersweet ending

Do you guys prefer Gainax endings or happy sap endings
I'd rather Gainax since it stuck to me more

Gainax.

Depends on the show. Sometimes if I'm not enjoying a show very much, an ending that turns everything on its head can make me like it more.

Bittersweet a best.

Ending was garbage precisely because she got mind jacked and killed.

Eight hours of ROW ROW and the message that as long as you put it all on the line you can do anything, and in the end Simon fails to save Nia, which was only his overriding goal in the second half of the show. It's horribly inconsistent with the tone of the show as a whole. Kamina may have died, but he still succeeded doing it.

I'm saying this because I've seen other people say it, which doesn't mean it isn't true, but it's something to consider:

Saving Nia would have been the abuse of Spiral Power than the anti-Spiral was trying to prevent. Both of them knew this.

No, I agree with that. The issue is that she never should've needed to be revived by Spiral Power in the first place, because Nia dying goes against everything the show stood for.

It's been a while since I watched Diebuster, did Nono die at the end? I thought she disappeared into the singularity. No-one knows what happens there so it could be a happy end. She saved the Earth for Noriko any way so if she did die, she died happily.

Noriko and Kazumi would have been celebrities and probably get to see a whole load of cool shit for the rest of their lives.

The ending episodes of Mahoromatic were the absolute dumbest things I saw in a long time. I lost track of the asspulls.

Yes, she's still around somewhere.

>Nia dying goes against everything the show stood for.
How?

>it's OK if Simon's soulmate whom he went to the ends of the universe dies for no real reason, he had to learn to move on and be a responsible adult and let the next generation have a chance , it's actually a very happy end =^)

The overriding, consistent theme of Gurren Lagann was that if you throw yourself into something body and soul, and truly believe you can do it, you will succeed, even if it costs you your life.

Simon throws everything he has into saving Nia, and he fails.

The theme was more about knowing when to go all out and when to be moderate though. That was the whole point of Kamina's death.

He's only human user, we all have to realize that there are some limits that we can't reach, fighting the power is good but humans need to learn their limitations to be responsible members of society.

Nia should've lived, and that ending sucked.

If your only complaint is
>A character I liked died
Then the ending was probably good.

There's literally not a single point in TTGL until the absolute last episode that "let's dial it back" is the right answer.

>She was also a shit-tier waifu
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH.