Giving this a go
What's to be expected

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Rg3nTCDEl_w
youtube.com/watch?v=WMTnjDXG2OE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Some extreme rock paper scissors action

Ishida dies

Great show overall, but reeeeeeeeeally drags at most major confrontations/battles.

Despair.

lots of crying and intense closeups

an overbearing narrator that makes the entire show feel like a recap episode

palm-sweating tension

some pretty ridiculous asspulls that you won't really mind because they're cool if you don't think too hard about em

HE HATES IT

you will feel his pain

A sad sad, stupid ass gambler who deserves everything that comes his way.

One of the few thriller shows that actually works
Expect lots of terrifiying shit that horrifies you, and constantly high stakes
Janken>E-Card>17 Steps>Rail Crossing>Tissue Box>whatever that game they played in the camp was>>>> Pachinko

several moments where the protagonist could end his suffering but chooses not to because of human greed

The first arc is about the most gambling-oriented it gets. There are good arcs later, but a lot of them are just high-stakes games and not really focused on the psychological gambling aspect.

WE HATE IT

ざわ。。。

Look out for flying baseball bats

ANDOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Forcibly silenced screams.

ZAWA

THEY HATE IT

Furuhata did nothing wrong.

>What's to be expected
Suffering.
Slow pacing.
An art style which is ultimately an 'acquired taste'.
Really slow pacing.
More suffering.
Completely sick mindgames.
Twists which will blow your mind.
Fantastic reveals.
SLOW PACING.

No, seriously, the pacing drags the fuck on especially in the second season. Great show though. You'll almost certainly enjoy it.

Can anyone else recommend a series like this please?
I also liked Death Note and Shiki alot, basically one that really makes you think or at least keeps you on the edge, unironically.

You can expect a lot of pain if you start relating to Kaiji. Too much pain.

Akagi.
You know nothing about mah-jong, don't worry it doesn't matter.

A really fucking extreme show. Niggas gambling body parts and forced into slave labor.

Expect rock-paper-scissors hardcore version.
Then walk across a plank (OR DIE).
Then Guess my card do-or-die edition. (the best arc)
Then lottery mindgames edition.
Then dice game shit-is-rigged edition (also really good).
Then finally a million episodes of pachinko (holy fuck this is slowly paced).

>Can anyone else recommend a series like this please?
Code Geass or Saki. They might seem unrelated but there's a strong chance you'll love at least one of them if you also loved Kaiji.

Human Derby arc almost made me throw up

HE TILTED THE BUILDING

Thanks senpaitachi

Fruitlessly pumping balls

lots of zawa zawa's

I know a lot of Sup Forums regularly rank Human Derby as the most boring of the Kaiji gambrus and I can see why, the second part of the event with the actual deaths is the most memorable scene in the series for me. The raw emotion and fear in their voices as Ishida and the rest started panicking and falling along with the reaper analogy really made those episodes intense to watch.

Lots of emotional distress. I got so stressed at one point I paced back and forth in my room deep in thought for almost half an hour after the episode was over.

boring? no way

I can understand not liking it because it isn't really gambling, just psychology, but that arc had me on the edge of my seat more than the majority of shit I've ever watched

my hands were legitimately sweating

Absolute despair

A really really great adaptation.

FKMT can do no wrong. Has he ever written a bad series?

Shouting
Crying
Zawa
The greatest narrator to bless your ears.

The sheer amount of willpower that Kaiji pulls off in s1 is just incredible

He gets back on his feet at s2 and endures a harrowing journey to victory

It's a good show overall

Also, s3 never

Read mangoo instead. You WILL want more.

read the manga, its really good. starting in part 3, it introduces a rival to kaiji (Hyodo's son) who becomes the other main character and is really awesome

ALSO CAN SOMEONE PLEASE BE THE NEW TYPESETTER FOR FKMTKRAZY. WE HAVENT GOTTEN A NEW CHAPTER IN MONTHS

>Kazuya just always wanted a friend like Kaiji
Cute CUTE

People like saying forced drama over other shows but this right here is a prime example.
Also terrible pacing and insultingly drawn out explanations for everything interspersed with 9th grade philosophy doled out at the same terrible speed.

wow so true bro haha xD

One Outs
Think baseball Akagi

Almost all of his pre-Ten titles are bad. Especially the one with alcoholic highschooler.

zawa zawa

>One Outs
Does it improve after the episode where he throw three of the same kinds of throws in a row?

It drags a shit ton, but thats the whole point and makes everything so fucking intense, I was sweating hard during all the gambling battles.

Worse version of Akagi.

>worse
It's not worse, it's different.
Akagi is a superhuman while Kaiji is an idiot who can only think clearly when he's about to get wrekked

Congratulations, you missed the point of both shows entirely.

one thing I liked about it was how Kaiji felt like a hapless loser who was just trying his best, and how in spite of all his wiles he was often unable to one-up Tonegawa and the Director. He didn't get much in the way of lucky breaks.

HE HATES IT

Does anyone else unironically like the bog/pachinko arc?

It's the only anime arc that made me feel serious emotion. Everytime that ball got near it's destination only to fail killed me inside.

Are the live action movies worth it? I just finished the series and I'm not ready to let it go.

Watching it as it aired was amazing fun.

youtu.be/Rg3nTCDEl_w
Literally came buckets.

It's extremely easy to binge watch it since episodes often end with a crazy cliffhanger, but I think it's best experienced if you only watch one a week, or one every couple days. It's like Code Geass in that regard. The tension from waiting makes you enjoy it more.

See this fearful, sad looking faggot? Don't push him against the wall.

Kurosawa: Legend of the Strongest Man.

>not watching one a week
I had no choice.

>17 Steps
What was this again?

minefield mahjong

The Mahjong game in the manga after the Bog arc. It was basically Akagi if Akagi actually managed to get outsmated sometimes.

Has the current vice-president guy (the one who appears at the end of the Chinchiro arc) actually done anything yet?

>manga is actually pretty far ahead but we're only at the beginning of one poker because FKMTkrazy have some sort of problems

fuck

>translations never

woah woah woah, did FKTMcrazy actually scanlate the manga before one poker fully?

I thought that wouldn't get completed in my lifetime.

The three stooges helmet game is finished, yeah.

It's my favorite arc behind the E-Card fight.

You should be more worried about Akagi finishing in our lifetime.

Watched the whole series until episode 13 in a single day yesterday. A 10/10 for so far. The tension was great!
What next?

That's definitely going on my to-read list now. I gave up hope of that ever getting completed.

Try episode 14

HE HATES IT

Watch it and find out, you stupid shit.

Kurosawa 2: Hobo boogaloo

dub>sub
youtube.com/watch?v=WMTnjDXG2OE

Yes. I hated the first few episodes. It gets a lot better after that.

It's kind of a really terrible arc though. At least we're back to Kaiji doing things.

Better than re zero

And FKMTKrazy has been dead for a while now

That's a given

I had a picture of zawa in icing on a toaster strudel but can't find it. Post this instead

Kaiji still has no Bluray right?

CR version is still highest quality right?

No, TV broadcast has the highest quality.

No Game no Life, Death Note, One Outs, Akagi if you can into mahjong

Highest quality version is DVD although it has no subs you're gonna have to mux them yourself.

Liar Game

Suffering
Male moe
God-tier narration

Great first season 1, then it gets bogged down in S2

People hated the bog?
I found it somewhat exciting, albeit a bit poorly paced.

>Male moe
SO MOE

Didn't say it was bad just that the pacing gets thrown out the friggin window in that arc

>tfw I actually cried with him most of the time

These were a lot of tears.

I do, feel like most people think it's slowly paced just because at first Kaiji doesn't attempt the bog and instead Sakazaki does then fails and then Kaiji attempts it

I like how he ruins the guy and puts him in a labor camp and chases him down just to say ganbare