AOL Instant messenger will die on December 15

deadline.com/2017/10/aol-instant-messenger-to-log-off-for-good-on-dec-15-1202183589/

>AOL Instant Messenger, the chat feature introduced by the then-dial-up ISP in the mid-1990s, is set to end its once-pioneering run on Dec. 15.

Its sad to see AIM go. The 2010's are so horrible, and AIM was one last reminder of how great the Internet Revolution and 90's - 2000's were.

Other urls found in this thread:

justinakapaste.com/category/aol-progs/
youtu.be/rO45LMlcq88
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What the fuck is an AOL?

rip methodus toolz

Imagine asking someone for their screename today. Who the fuck still uses it?

>tfw I'd probably still be a virgin if not for AIM 20 years ago.
Thanks for preventing my wizardry.

oldfags report in

do you still remember your ICQ

I still use mine that I set up on AOL

People use kik and Skype all the time. A lot of people on /soc/ use those programs as well as AIM. Its basically the same thing.

haven't thought of strongbad in forever.

I have an email account with 30k unread emails on it, realistically how much space did i take up and how much money did I cost them? Also will my email get deleted

yes i remember
it was fun getting on and talking with random people
i was only in middle school when it came out, so i never talked about anything important

Weak.

AOL chat was the first time I saw stupid fucking people on the internet it should have remained something for intelligent people but Kike-OL ruined it.

u r a little baby
>telnets into efnet

>using AOL over ICQ

AOL was great. Seemed all I used it for was to flame random groups. Got banned, kek. Trolling was like shooting fish in a barrel back then. Only thing that compares to it now is when it's easy to bait a hopelessly retarded liberal.

I know these things could always be monitored and social media has private messaging options but I think this is telling of how (((they))) want your words to be viewed by as many people at once.

Things you say in private or anonymously are often different, more honest and tend to have a greater impact so it makes sense that slowly but surely we'll lose all methods of private chat.

Give it five years and it'll be illegal to be on the internet without your real name on display.

RIP. it will join its brothers Rhy'Din, Arts & Entertainment, and Netscape in Valhalla.

it truly was the best of times my dudes.

justinakapaste.com/category/aol-progs/

> methodus

My heart, please, I can't take this.

traybor25 signing out forever

Is there a way to log on? I want to see if the account I created in 1999 is still active.

A/S/L?

Google+!
I'll never be alone again!

13/f/cali

I was just thinking this. I chatted up my first couple girlfriends on AIM and had my first shameful sexy talks on there.

I use my @aol.com email proudly. had it since 97

pls be in socal

>Aim
MSN was superior in every way.

>ASL?!?!
>YOU ARE THE ASL YOU SON OF BASTARD BITCH

>mfw it's actually A/G/P/L now

asl?

I'm afraid to ask. What the hell is a A/G/P/L?

What's the P? Masculine or feminine penis?

Agreed. It was great because you could bang chicks from different high schools, without all of the stupid bullshit that followed. I kind of miss those days.

A/S/L?

I'm 14/f/Ny

age/gender/pronouns/location, shitlord.

>Not using ICQ for your eBros and AIM for your IRL friends

Confirmed for never made it

post cock

SAY SOMETHIN'!
...whaaaat?

Meteor when????

>tfw when still using ICQ to chat with my brother
>everyone else left and became a normie

MSN Messenger being deleted sucked too. Lost contact with all my cyberbabes.

DELETE THIS THREAD
DELETE IT NOW

You could use AIM to send text messages to people, which I sometimes did before I became a recluse inhabiting a nightmarish hell populated by memes.

member those chat rooms that linked to quality Titty content?

We've been here the whole time

F

you must be 18 and over to post here

> using Sup Forums
> not communicating with fellow patriots via GOPHER protocol servers

Remember pirating MP3s through IRC DCC over 14.4k dial-up?

ICQ was pre AIM.

I used ICQ from like 1998-2003
Then I used AIM from 2003-2007
Then kikebook came out and ruined everything

>Blogging site MetaFilter has restored its Gopher server, after 15 years of downtime.

Goddamn it

Awww

ICQ rocked! Did so much in the day compared to its equals.

300 baud modems were GOAT

Zelifcam for life

50 mb.
you cost them 0$

holy fuck Pico's School.

They're still updating. About once every 3 months to 2 years... But still. Not dead.

youtu.be/rO45LMlcq88

Buzz
Buzz
Buzz
Wink
I don't understand why everyone moved to that crappy facebook chat. Custom emoji's were the shit

>ganguro girl
FUCK YOU YOU DON'T KNOW ME

New fag