Will japan ever top re:zero

will japan ever top re:zero

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/search/image/hFBuhF8-7t33BACuIi_WZg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No.

Also;

WHERE IS MY FUCKING SPOON NIPPON

Is it an anime that will be remembered in ten years?

We get harem LN trash every season, so yeah

no chance, it's just the flavor of the month

I promised myself I would never watch another show about a teenager being trapped in a fantasy world.

This false flagging needs to stop.
下げる

Will Sup Forums's taste ever escape the realm of utter shit?

I don't know. This show is mostly popular with crossboarders and newfags.

that's the last time i'm watching one actually

it's fucking shit escapism, even more than SOL

SAGE THIS FALSE FLAG THREAD

Nigga its public knowledge that the threads are full of cancer from other boards/websites. There is no reason to false flag.

Won't be remembered next year, or whenever Steins;Gate 0 takes back the "BEST ANIME EVER MUH SUFFERING" TITLE

At being a shitty edge isekai?
Probably not.

I did that too. And here we are now: watching another show "about a teenager being trapped in a fantasy world"
RE:ZERO is really good. A MASTERPIECE!

It's probably a much better show than 70% of Sup Forums's favorite animu.

>not pairing up
Fuck those.
And fuck my OCD.

any dark fantasy anime that hit the mark harder than this? Berserk, yeah, but anything else? I want to have good taste.

The author being a sadist and hating self-insert MCs lends the series some quality. It's actually fun watching the autistic, arrogant, prideful wanker stumble from mistake to fuck-up to painful death.

>"holy shit, so many ram and rem"
>80% are males

It's definitely a well-made anime but it has nothing really special going for it. OPM will make a longer-lasting impression if you were to compare the two.

>no catboys
Plebs.

>REEE:Zero
ftfy
SUFFERING

Yes, Re:ZERO is shit, just like your opinions.

People underestimate how great this episode is. It was such a huge call out on Subaru's behavior.
This episode in context, actually cuts deep through Subaru's persona like butter.

>Haven't I already told you Natsuki Subaru? If your own lies do not convince you, they will not convince others.
>Because not once have you said you want to save Emilia.

Crusch spells it out for anyone still in fucking denial. Subaru doesn't do jack shit for anyone other than his own ego.

>What you just displayed was neither loyalty nor devotion. It was the dependency of a dog or the greed of a pig that knows only it's own desires!

Priscilla lays it all out. Subaru doesn't treat others as people. Only as objects of need or desire. And his inability to recognize the humanity others deserve makes him a beast himself.

And how does Subaru respond?

>Stuck up bitch forgot I saved her when we first met.

IN CASE ANYONE DOESNT STILL GET IT the narrative is drawing a parallel to every interaction and forming of relationships Subaru has had. It is a direct call back to both his rationalization that Emilia "owes him a debt she could never hope to repay" and a direct call back to him "rescuing" Rem, where afterwards him and Emilia discuss if he even saved her, or even was responsible for her harm in the first place.

>If you want to convince someone you are righteous, you need to show them something of merit. I see no such thing in you, Natsuki Subaru.

And Anastasia delivers the coup de grace for Subaru and the viewer. Subaru pretends he's the noble hero of a light novel or video game based on his own sense if self-righteousness. And the otaku viewer who has been self-inserting into Subaru this entire time, and probably sputtering outrage at these "bitches and whores who just don't understand what a Nice Guy Subaru is and how much he sacrifices for them" is left in a state of impotent rage like Subaru is.

thank you

Today's episode ended too soon, for fucks sake.

I NEED MOAR

Couldn't have said it any better. Glad someone understood the message of this episode.

WHY DO SHITPOSTERS ALWAYS USE SAME PICTURES FOR THEIR UNISPIRED BAITS?
boards.fireden.net/a/search/image/hFBuhF8-7t33BACuIi_WZg/

Hi JazzKatCritic

>faces a serial killer many times stronger than him just to stall for time
>for his own ego
>throws himself in front of demon hounds out of pure instinct and desire to save someone
>for his own ego
Fuck off, it's not that simple. Although autists will agree with you anyway just because they want to be on their made up anti self insert side.

Subaru isn't an asshole, he's simply broken after failing so many times despite trying so hard and then having no one around that's aware of the shit he's gone through. It's not like he's been egoistic from the start, he's gradually become that way because no one's been recognizing his constant efforts.

Subaru wants so much to save everyone, and yet everyone misunderstands his intentions.

Truly, only Reinhardt and Rem understand him. Too bad he was so dumb talking shit to Reinhardt, which's the only one who would listen to him.

>re zero
>dark fantasy
user...

>literally copy pasted from reddit
kekd

Unless it has some crazy ending it will always be better than average for me.

The last two episodes have been pretty solid though to be fair so who knows.

His social interactions are terrible.
In the heat of the moment, and when it's a snap decision, he DOES shine through with heroic actions.

That's his good point.

>Haven't I already told you Natsuki Subaru? If your own lies do not convince you, they will not convince others.
>Because not once have you said you want to save Emilia.
That's not what she means she realizes he's doing it for revenge and not Emilia so she thinks he's just trying to use Emilia.

Yeah. Too bad that I actually agree with that post as well.

>kekd
>knowing that
Kill yourself you cancerous newfag.

But that's right, he only sees worth in himself when being of use to others. He feels the need to attention whore at all times because if he's not helping he feels useless. That's why he couldn't stand waiting a single afternoon while emilia solved her own business, and proceeded to fuck up at any given chance

Yeah, Crusch is a pretentious bitch who thinks she knows everything. Actually, all candidates except for Emilia are just like that, some are just more agressive than the others.

>autism

I swear this is the 5th posts I've seen from you today using "cancerous newfag", chill out mate

>
IN CASE ANYONE DOESNT STILL GET IT the narrative is drawing a parallel to every interaction and forming of relationships Subaru has had. It is a direct call back to both his rationalization that Emilia "owes him a debt she could never hope to repay" and a direct call back to him "rescuing" Rem, where afterwards him and Emilia discuss if he even saved her, or even was responsible for her harm in the first place.
What the fuck is this even trying to say?

is this just a really lame flashlight icon or some rune and important for the plot?

If you heard it that often then you should really lurk more. Its pretty obvious that you are new.

Yeah, dude is totally only one person.

>this is the 5th posts I've seen

It must be because you are an actual cancerous newfag piece of shit

Maybe try not being one, so people won't call you that then

Not even him, friends.

Considering his reaction, either that's the symbol of empty battery, or it's supposed to mean something else.

>all these people literally too autistic to follow 16 episodes of character development
Shame it's so hard to find people to discuss this anime with

It's the start up screen. The battery's started dying and now his phone is doing the thing where it keeps dying a couple minutes after turning it on.

that's why most shows have so many information dumps and long dialogues explaining what's going on. Because people are dumb

What are you even trying to say? Most people recognize that Subaru had some solid character development. It's just that in his case, his development have slowly revealed him to be a massive piece of shit, very different from your first impression of him.

Being a decently written character is not the same as being a likeable one. Don't be retarded

learn to greentext summerfriend

Airplane mode?

>It's just that in his case, his development have slowly revealed him to be a massive piece of shit, very different from your first impression of him.
Exactly the kind of autist I'm talking about.

This show actually showed who understands context, actually watches the show, and understands why the characters are doing what they are doing, to those who aren't.

People have been cuddled with long infodumps that watching this suddenly gets them mad because they don't understand what is happening, even though the show covered everything they are actually asking.

It's great.

Nice argument, retard

Are people really this dumb, that they think Subaru is an asshole or a shitty person?

No wonder you people are lonely autists. Completely incapable of understanding human emotions.

>Subaru is an asshole or a shitty person?
No, he's a fucking egotistic retard though.

Subaru isn't originally an asshole that's finally had his cover blown, he's turned into an asshole because his efforts kept piling up while no one else knows about them. Over time he's started craving for acknowledgment. Not because he was an attention whore from the start but because he's been broken over and over.
If you think Subaru has been an asshole from the beginning you should rewatch the entire series.

This. He's not a bad guy, it's not his fault he's the Bishop of Pride

Shouldn't be that hard considering after episode like 12 or so it just devolved to some boring ass repetitions descent into madness by the MC.

>will japan ever top shit:Zero
Already toped.

I won't lie, I wouldn't mind some dumb power-up if that turns out to be true.

Doesn't mir invisible hand rape preist call him Pride while ranting about how loved he is?
I thought that was a pretty big indicator.

He says he knows everyone's face but Pride.

He truly did nothing wrong. HAIL SAINT SUBARU!

There isn't a Bishop of Envy, is there?
Might come true if there's only Pride left

So Pride could be somebody else and Subaru has some kind of outside power because of how much Satella wants his dick?
I'll be mad if that's the case user. 118.

Yeah, I remember that but that doesn't necessarily confirm that it's true, right?

He said that in the LN? Because he didn't say that in the anime.

>Episode 16
>Still spending 20 minutes an episode for character developement OF A SINGLE CHARACTER.

Unless there's some massive timeskip or some incredibly awkward increase in pacing, this shit is going to end in a cliffhanger and you fuckers will be stuck waiting another year for the next season to do the exact same shit.

I'm not familiar with the light novel or the manga so I don't know how long that goes, but I'm guessing its not finished yet because this show clearly has no idea how it wants to end.

>I'm not familiar with the light novel
Opinion discarded.

Jokes aside, it will absolutely end on a brilliant note, don't worry

The LN has 6 volumes, and they are still adapting the third arc.

I think that the anime will only finish this arc.

The LN has 9 volumes out stupid.

Arc 3 ends in Vol9. Anime ends with Arc 3. So no problem there.

Reminds me of back when yarari aired. You can't even tell if it's just a loud retarded minority or if the average f/a/ggot is just stupid
And you know whar makes it funnier? The same people who can't understand those simple interactions, emotions, thoughts and behaviors are the ones that go around calling the character autists. It's hilarious

meh, i'm just dumb then. Still, nine volumes to cover only three arcs?

Holy shit.

Arc 4 is longer than Arc 1-3 combined.

Just adapt A Serbian Film.

Subaru isnt doing anything that would make him an asshole. He is in an alien place with no clues or hints as to what is going on. Nobody can even begin to help him with his dillema, and all the while he is stumbling around im the dark clinging to any stability he can.

You people expect too much from a 17 year old kid.

He's a kid. He isnt even a man. This is like throwing a high school kid into combat with no training and expecting him to be a bad ass. Only much worse.

>The LN has 9 volumes out stupid.
>Arc 3 ends in Vol9. Anime ends with Arc 3. So no problem there.
Like I said, its gonna be a fucking mess at this rate.

I doubt that considering its Episode 16 and they still haven't even finished character building, fuck man, last 3 episodes were just the same old "Drooling Kawasaki is having a mental breakdown" It didn't advance the plot at all, they literally decided to do something at the end of today's episode, and this shit is what, 20 minutes after intro/outro?

Its too much, man. At first I was glad its a 25 episode run, but now I'm just wondering why the fuck I'm even watching a person that can rewind time make decisions completely uncharacteristic of someone with said power.

That's the most retarded airplane I've ever seen

>This is like throwing a high school kid into combat with no training and expecting him to be a bad ass. Only much worse.

So like literally entire history of mankind up until like 50 years ago?

Except that he lived until now in modern Japan, so Subaru's as sheltered as it gets.

Maybe since Pride is the mother of all sin, Subaru becomes Pride once he absorbs all the other powers?

>A single character
Well yes that's what happens in most savepoint stories.

>This is like throwing a high school kid into combat with no training and expecting him to be a bad ass. Only much worse.
Jokes aside isn't that exactly what's happening?
Subaru is in way over his head and has no idea of whats going on.
Fish out of water, being thrown into a hurricane and blasted by debris and lightening ever five or so minuets.

Poor kid has it tough.
Still developed a bit of an ego though.

Do you have ADHD? It's going great so far. You're complaining about one of the main points of the show being focused

No, because people dont usually fight super humans with magical powers in a completely alien world, then come back to life after they die with memories intact.

And many people did not manage to cope with being thrown into the deep end in real life, let alone in Subaru's situation.

The arguments for why he is an asshole arent even good ones.

They boil down to him being an egotistical asshole because he wants to do things for himself as opposed to being purely altruistic.

Theres nothing wrong with putting your interests first; especially in such a dire situation as Subaru.

The MC is retarded, so, it fits perfectly.

Holy fuck.
D E E P E S T L O R E

>A truant kid in modern japan
>Sheltered
kekekeke.

I'll wager he's less retarded than you are in the same situatiom.

But Satella would be the mother of all sin because she's the object of worship here. Maybe is Subaru decides to hoard the powers and then take on Satella with them he is definately pride.

You don't fucking say?
Couldn't have realized that without you explaining it to me, thanks faggot can you go choke on a dick now?

I disagree, but at the same time Subaru is neither 100% correct or 100% wrong, that's what makes him a good character.

He's still a fucking moron though

I'm glad that there are people who get this. Subaru does the nice guy act all the time and pretends that he doesn't really care about getting a proper reward(every time he does something good he only asks for an insignificant reward) just because this inflates his ego, but it's only when shit hits the fan that he shows his true colors.

>Do you have ADHD? It's going great so far.
Do you have reading deficiency of some kind? There's 9 episodes left and they still haven't fucking left namek you dipshit, it can be going amazing, this shit is not ending well.
>No
kay.

are there any english translations that don't read like they were written by a retarded Japanese kindergartener