Why do Christians think their fairy tale is somehow more reasonable than others?

Defend your superstition.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3520151/LA-man-accused-shoot-son-gay-wife-killed.html
edition.cnn.com/2017/07/18/middleeast/christian-girl-relationship-death-trnd/index.html
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/centralafricanrepublic/12018588/Christian-militias-in-Central-African-Republic-burnt-witches-at-stake-says-UN-report.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

God damned atheists don't know why religion exists.

They're like the idiots who don't understand why a fuel injector is there and take it out.

I think I have a pretty good idea.

Humans are pattern seeking apes, and we prefer a junk explanation to not having and explanation at all.

Religion comes to us from an era when humans didn't know the earth was a sphere.

really scrambles my eggs

So you think the answer to superstitious dogmatism is more superstitious dogmatism?

splain yourself man.

I'm atheist you faggot
There are many countries that execute atheists
Not a single one of them are christian

i agree OP, christians need to wake up and realize they are responsible for their own destinies. if they keep their head in the sand and keep praying then they, and their children, will fall.

Christianity started as a Jewish run Judeo-Supremacist cult

Well, for one, they allow atheists like you to exist instead of just chopping their heads off.

So why does religion exist?

Christians had their turn executing people before modernity slapped them in the face.

Still doesn't justify why Christianity is good or necessary.

Why can't you admit that all religions are based on lies and need to be discarded?

Atheist here, just dropping in to say that picture is gay. Self sacrifice is really different from a kid fucker who loved to kill people and whose modern day adherents will blow you up if you try to draw him.

Militant atheists need to be deported out of the West into Islamic nations. Go experiment fucking with the sand people culture, and get stoned to death by the barbarians as you deserve.

Because the world was built upon and can continue to exist for the foreseeable future under the fucking cross, while the mooncoons have done nothing worthwhile.

It says so in the Bible. The Bible says God exists, and God gave us the Bible, so it's true. Checkmate Atheists, enjoy hell.

>Why can't you admit that all religions are based on lies and need to be discarded?
Why can't you accept that Islam is more violent than others?

Christianity has been responsible for child fucking too...

I think the picture illustrates how hypocritical Christians are. They seem to think that their lies are "better" than Muslim or Jewish lies, when the truth is that all of these religions are dangerous, superstitious cults.

I do admit that Islam is currently more violent than other religions.

I'm wondering how Christians can justify their superstition as being a sensible way forward.

Religion comes from the fact that existence and reality takes root in a divine creator.

Aetheists can't even wrap their heads around the fact that we exist. They just say "big bang, poop fart" and here we are. Its not even a consideration for them, they simply choose to avoid it and instead parade around mocking cherry picked hillbilly Baptists.

reminder

judaism is the most violent religion, it is the only religion in the world where cutting off baby dick skin without anesthesia is the primary covenant with god

Whats so great about your stupid cross?

Christianity just another bullshit superstition. Why side with lies when you can side with reason and science?

because we don't know what happens after death and we can only guess if there is an afterlife.

atheism is wrong since it forces you to ditch the idea of afterlives altogether which is pretty much the saddest crock of shit ever. religion at least wants to assure you to seek true human virtue, just in case you will be judged and you get reincarnated. it's also spiritually and emotionally reassuring that way whereas atheism makes you feel completely left out and the only outlook is your own expiration date. now tell me what's better? religion obviously is.

>Religion comes to us from an era when humans didn't know the earth was a sphere.

again, it's not about science, it's about not knowing what happens after death and how you prepare people spiritually for death and what comes after that through the means of faith. religion deals with metaphysical matters. it doesn't deal with "muh science" or things being grounded in reality only because that doesn't hold all the answers.

>being an useless atheist on Sup Forums

KYS you shill

I'm guessing you're not a physicist...

Prove that a "divine creator" exists...

Then prove it's the god of Abraham...

If you can't do that. stfu.

Another Atheist here.

Not really.

It was the rise of secular government, not piety, that got Christians to stop acting like brutal, sadistic asshole and accept a society with religious tolerance.

I don't really care about what makes you feel good though, I care about whats true.

Saying that religion makes you feel good doesn't justify religion.

And if you think you can't have meaning without believing in fairy tales, i think you lack imagination.

>christian also executed people

so did the romans, greeks, chinese. and most civilizations for horrible crimes against the state which were not religiously motivated.

unlike islam christianity does not have ideological death penalty laws which the state must enforce. but was optional to keep law and order.

Why did modernity only develop in Christian countries?

In Orthodox Christianity there's more than enough proof that it's the only truth but I won't tell you, because it wouldn't be a leap of faith for you to believe.

Jesus died for his people

Muhammed had his people die for him.

It's really that simple.

in one word?
Miracles.

>friends mom was healed of brain cancer
>brother delivered from homo tendencies
>angel came in person and told my dad that granpa would die a few months before it happened.
>i went hiking with dogos, didn't plan it well, diying of thirst, pray to God to send some help for me and dogos.
a few mins passed and a group of people gave my dogs and i some water.
>etc

that's not counting the other greater miracles that millions of people throughout the world have experienced
>rising from the dead
>being transfered thousands of miles to minister the word of God
>prophetic visions
i'v gotten some of these.

can't really argue with results.

>Secular government
Liberal Christian democracies

Christians have a history of religiously motivated executions.

give me a valid alternative that so perfectly explains the meaning of life and existence

Because Christian theology, by the sheerest accident, was more prone to attacks by secularism and science.

>a comforting lie makes you feel better than a harsh truth
gee thanks for that wake-up call
those too weak to handle the truth should be exterminated like the insects they are, society has no need for them

>we don't know what happens after death
>therefore Jesus died for our sins

you're thinking of Judaism

it's judaism
>but des valt
that was rome, controlled by...you guessed it Jews

Evolution explains the diversity of life.

What makes you think there is a cosmic meaning to begin with? Presumptuous question. Justify first.

>History
When was the last one?

You need check this here , the jews don't have prophets and miracles anymore, it has passed to Christians.

Its not a matter of it being more reasonable or plausible than others. Its the results it brings. Look at every other major religion of the world.

Hindu.
Islam.
Buddhism.
Taoism.
Confucianism.

The only one that comes close to the most ethical treatment of other human beings is Buddhism. But those societies aren't anywhere near as prosperous as christian nations. Wherever there is a nation that has a major religion other than Christianity, their people's social contract with each other is significantly inferior.

evolution is a lie, it hinges on an event called endosymbiosis which is impossible

reasonable Christians don't defend the miracles of christ. But for what he stand and tried to protect.
Reasonable things that divide people from savages.

Read the Jewish part of the bible.
>every time something good happens to the Jews, it's because they're God's chosen people
>every time something bad happens to the Jews, it's because they've strayed from God's laws

Read the Koran
>Allah says men are limited to four wives, but the prophet can have as many as he wants
>Allah says to not annoy the prophet too much and leave him alone sometimes
>Mohammed, the perfect man, fucks his 9-year-old cousin

I don't believe the miracles of the Bible, but Jesus was a pretty good prophet instead of a self-serving warlord.

more so than christianity?
judaism or islam for something close to home
hinduism or buddhism for something exotic
mormonism if you're crazy
germanic/norse paganism if you're a LARPer
christians are brainwashed kike puppets, you cannot hate one without hating the other

Or the environment fostered by Christianity was one conducive to scientific discovery and technological advancement.

You seem to think Atheism is a necessity of scientific thought but it isn't. The groundwork was laid by Christians first.

>Attacks
You realize that a large number of the most important discoveries in science were made by christians, right? Devout christians who generally said that they wanted to learn more about God by learning about his creation?

you don't know if it's the truth, you fatalistic idiot fuck. that's the point and part of the whole problem.

imagination is supposed to be boundless. why is your life not boundless then? fairy tales and imagination go well together as well if I don't even take any sort of religion into account.

There a recent examples, but by and large Christians had their turn at bat during the dark ages.

Still doesn't exonerate your superstition. It's still responsible for needless suffering globally.

>Recent examples
Please share these recent examples

We don't have one yet. We need to let go of Sky Daddy and quit be Apologists and expose all the wrong beliefs of the ancient ones. The Bibles alone are full of inaccuracies.

>Evolution explains the diversity of life.
>we come from campbells chicken noodle soup
atheism everyone

Atheism is not a sufficient condition for scientific progress and rationality, but it is a necessary one.

Eh, for me its less about the events, but more about the teachings.

We as people are similar in the fact that we feel and act on emotions, and some of these acts cause harm to others. We fight, we murder, we steal, we cheat, etc.

I'm not claiming that morality ONLY comes from Christianity, but a lot of it is taught by the dude we know as Jesus.

Back then during the Roman times, I guess we can say that humans were pretty savage towards each other (and still are). So here comes this guy saying, "Hey! If someone pisses you off, try to forgive them, try not to be so angry that you go murdering his whole family, etc."

Violence and hate is a never-ending cycle, and it's bad for humanity.

For me, it's mostly about being good and kind to each other.

Someone calls me a faggot? Hey! I probably was being a faggot! Or maybe he was in a bad mood! Anyways, I won't hold it against you!... And hopefully the guy name calling isn't so mad/tense anymore because someone reacted to him with kindness.

confucianism isn't a religion and even if it was it's still literally Sup Forums's wet dream
>you don't know if it's the truth, you fatalistic idiot fuck.
simple application of occam's razor
>processes we have actual evidence of happening can be extrapolated to explain how the universe came to be
vs
>a magical sky daddy did it through the power of love and rainbows in ways that humans can never understand

feeble-minded cowards need something bigger than themselves to give meaning to their pathetic little lives. Some choose religion, others nationalism, the most pathetic ones both.

Most people in the past were religious. There was no one else to do the job.

Coupled with the fact that being an open atheist during these eras was akin to suicide.

what's your point? he was the son of god and when he died it was because he wanted to give us eternal life after death. anything would be better than faggy non-entity.

Except Japan. It's truly the only example

Completely ignorant of the history of science.

>thinking religion is just for the fairy tales

Ah no, sweetie, its far more then that -
History
Tradition
Culture
Conservatism (if you are not a Protestant shit)
Philosophy
And thats just on the surface

Could you give me a quick summary of what Jesus stood for?

QUANTUM MECHANICS

Everything that we can see is made up of things that we cannot see—unseen particles.

why do people think I think my faith is a fairy tale. I seriously thing the thing written in the bible really happened. it isn't a *story its a historical documentary.

not an argument, just strawmanning and fence-sitting

Christ is truth, either believe in it or believe lies.

>simple application of occam's razor

no, it's literally you being autistic seeing things in black and white extremes only and without any nuances. grow up, you buffoon.

because usually only retarded people are so stupid to believe such an absurd tale and people tend to assume people are not retarded until otherwise proven

Don't be a dick.

submitting to abusive women who would make horrible mothers and making rings into a false idol

DUH!

>you cannot hate one without hating the other
says who? you, what authority do you have to make that statement

>reasonable Christians don't defend the miracles of christ.
THIS....THIS is what an apostate or someone without conviction would say.

Christianity isn't about the message of the good goy things he told us to do, but what HE did.

A true christian believes was Jesus a real person that lived, in the miracles he did, in his death AND RESURRECTION.

without the resurrection, the message of Jesus is nothing but a fairy tale, without him and his act of Death and ResurRection (as a payment for our sins)there is no salvation, no resurrection for us, and NO eternal life.

but how can we know that his name has power and how can we know that there is an afterlife, resurrection and day of Judgement?

it's explained here His miracles and miracles performed in his name nowadays (modern times)

This.

Religion, and in a broader way, belief, is grounded in the metaphysical; it cannot be proven, disproven, or supported due to it not adhering to the realm of "pure logic." You CANNOT argue for or against personal belief or faith, as to do so, you'd have to share the exact same mindset, past experiences, and methodology as the person you're debating.

That all said, "science" also cannot prove, disprove, or support the metaphysical existence of anything. Science is our collective understanding of natural phenomena through, and I emphasize, OBSERVATION, not logic. You cannot scientifically prove or disprove something not on the physical plane, as it cannot be observed.

Logic itself is a metaphysical concept that, while it draws from the data collected through observation, cannot itself be observed.

Claiming that, through logic and science, we can say that faith is a lie and God isn't real is fucking retarded, as these concepts do not interact with each other, they are NOT OPPOSING each other.

Jesus's name alone can drive demons away dude.

That means if demons and Jesus exist you bet your ass god does too.

And? Muslims are banned from studying the world. Almost all of the scientists in their history were declared apostate and thinking that they're still muslim is enough to get you kicked out of the religion too.

Contrast that with Newton who, upon his death, was given a funeral that would make kings jealous.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3520151/LA-man-accused-shoot-son-gay-wife-killed.html

edition.cnn.com/2017/07/18/middleeast/christian-girl-relationship-death-trnd/index.html

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/centralafricanrepublic/12018588/Christian-militias-in-Central-African-Republic-burnt-witches-at-stake-says-UN-report.html

Do you still think your superstition is safe?

>m-muh black and white!
thats rich coming from someone who believes in a fairy tale that literally gives you black and white definitions of good and evil
>says who?
says simple logic
>boy i sure do hate those kikes
>better worship their god and work as hard as possible to either be a zionist puppet or accept the other braindead christfags who do

That's why religion is usually such a scapegoat for lazy morons. It doesn't demand any mental abilities from them because they doné need to prove or demonstrate anything. All they have to do is sit back and accept everything as they are told and follow rules. Religion doctrine is made for brainless sheep. Of course some religious people are not like that but they're the vast minority.

It is just a fairy tale sweety.

There is no yahweh. Thats a fantasy.

Ponder for a moment the vastness of the universe, consider how disgustingly insignificant you are in the grand scheme of things.

Some people resort to faith to save themselves from this madness, to give meaning to their empty life. Some of them do it because they are too stupid to know any better, because of tradition, because they had to, because of fear etc etc.

Orthodox Christianity is the only actual christianity there is. (((Catholicism))) is nothing but a bunch of deep-state LARPing pedophiles. While I personally don't believe in the existence of the god of the jews, to deny the reality that a "divine" being exists is beyond retarded; everything we know about the universe so far, tells us there's bound to be something like God. OC offers more than just faith to a creator, it's about community and tradition. In OChristianity, God represents love, wonder, connection; it fulfills that primal void people have in their souls, it helps fight the fear.

Unlike other religions that dogmatically declare their gods as the ultimate being, or exist to explain the power of nature, or exist as a guide for self-improvement/enlightenment, Christianity is about how by practicing its values one can elevate themselves and their peers to Him by spreading love and compassion. Because in this shitty corner of hell we live in, those are the only values that hold any meaning; wash misery away, and become the one true god He always wanted you to be.

Many of us choose to fulfill this need by doing other stuff through our lives, some of us deny such a notion is even real. Be it so, we can't deny that it has played a significantly positive and negative role in shaping western civilization as we know it, and if it gives us solace to connect with eachother with God, then that's what it's going to be one of the pillars to support our crumbling societies from the shitskin hordes.

Wait, what happens if you take a fuel injector out?

Don't just assert that a divine being exists.

Prove it.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Have you ever even read the Bible? If so (KJV version) and you were moved by none of it I feel sorry for you because you are going to hell when you die. What other religion tells you to love your enemies? What other religion has a gos that humbles himself as low as his creation? What other religion tells you how to preform miracles and literally gives you instructions how to perform it so a stupid blockhead like you could even try it for yourself and see it's no joke.

Psalm 34:8 KJV
[8] O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

I feel sorry for you, you don't know who you are against and you are without excuse:

Romans 1:20 KJV
[20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

The Bible says people don't come to Christ because they are evil:
John 3:19-20 KJV
[19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. [20] For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Also you are a moron, biblically, which is literally:
Psalm 14:1 KJV
[1] The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

can you give biblical scripture to authorize these acts?

>and work as hard as possible to either be a zionist puppet or accept the other braindead christfags who do
who are you copying? you think this is what christians do? their doctrine goes against christianity, why would we follow what they do?

there's a reason we call them the synogauge of satan, because their doctrine goes against christianity, read the bible and show where we condone following them
all you have to do to realize that christianity isn't compatible with judaism is to just compare the OT with NT

Yeah, great examples these people were all obviously acting on fatwas issued by their governments and/or religious authorities. That's why none of them are being prosecuted for murder because their actions were totally in line with local secular and religious law. Except for the Central Africans, unfortunately there is no law there.

Dude. How can you actually believe the rediculous stories in a cobbled together book dating back to an era when humans didn't know why it rained?

divide by 0

you literally worship the kike god
just let that sink in for a moment before you pretend you are anything other than a pathetic kike puppet

You're gonna look stupid on judgment day

>And if you think you can't have meaning without believing in fairy tales
But your whole belief is that there's NOTHING you fucking hypocrite.

>whereas atheism makes you feel completely left out and the only outlook is your own expiration date. now tell me what's better? religion obviously is.

Or you could just stop thinking of what happens after death, altogether.
Which is pretty much what every single atheist does.

The only time I was really depressed after leaving Christianity (was never baptised to begin with) was when I was 12 yo and going through an existential crysis.
As you have said, we, even atheists, claim to not know what happens after we die. So why do you assume that we think that there is nothing after death?

The lack of belief in any gods, which is ultimately what atheism is, does not necessarily come in the way of an afterlife.
Buddhists are technically atheists, although the term "atheist" has got a very bad reputation in America, so the word "atheism" is connected with nihilism.

I do not care what happens after my death, my beliefs should not play a role for what happens in my potential next life, but my deeds should.

Fucking hell i hate leunig. The cunt lives in lefty la la land. Why couldn't he die instead of bill leak

Homophobia, Violence, and Sexism were the only good parts of the book :/

The past is the past; this is the present. Truth is, Christianity is a less degenerate way to live your life. One word: Civilization. No religion is more civilized and passive than Christianity is today, and that happened for a reason. That's what separates Christianity from Islam. Quit trying to hide it.

What if there's no fuel injector to take out? What if there's a carburetor instead?

>Claims religion is for brainless sheep
>Mindlessly repeats an ad hominem
Did you even read my post? The TL:DR is basically this: The senseless "logic" that enemies of religion use is the same exact stance the religious use, it is based on intangible concepts and faith.

oh no the kike fairy tales said i was stupid if i didn't believe in their made up religion to make more shabbos goy, how will i ever cope

Roman Jews did that to Jesus for claiming to be god.