Why there's still no adaption for this masterpiece ?

even for this one

thank god there isn't

Why not ? If it's well adapted I see no problem

>they make an adaption
>its the berserk treatment
let them stay that way, you never know who would pick this up

Why do you people want an adaptation of every single thing? Learn to actually appreciate other ways of expressions.

Completely fucking agreed.

There's no way Vinland Saga could be done justice as anime.

It's too long for the typical 1 cour 13 episodes setups most series get, and it doesn't have the demand of something like Wan piss to keep getting animated forever. Even if it did, the quality per episode would be nowhere near as good as the manga has it with high quality battle scenes and the detailed imagery overall that make it such an enjoyable read.

I just want an adaption for those masterpieces, they deserve it. But not a low-cost adaptation like Berserk 2016, it's just that's sad to see that producers aren't ready to put a large budget for Berserk, VS, Vagabond..

because all that sells is moe shit

No idea. I just want my anime with cute vikings doing cute things.

anime is the pleb choice

I could see the a series that spans up to were Askeladd bites it.

I hate the way people think getting an anime is some sort of end game, like if a manga gets an anime it has "made it" or something. Not, manga stand on it's own and is far better, and I'm not just talking about Vagabond but in general, you should consider reading more manga and watching less anime.

/thread

It's always the same shit, too - Dorohedoro, Vagabond, and Vinland Saga probably account for like 90% of these "WHY DOESN'T THIS HAVE AN ANIME" threads we get, because it's the same bunch of newfags who just read their first seinen with good art that doesn't have an anime and are now in shock that not everything good gets adapted.

it may be a good thing to discover a manga in an other way

You want to know why? I'll tell you why. Both of them have way too fucking much farming in them. That's why.

Thing with adaptations is that it's a chance to see it in motion and with music that might set the mood even further, which can enhance the experience a lot.

Except it wouldn't work, like people have been saying, and like they've been saying in every other thread about this for the last like ten years that you would have seen if you weren't new as hell. Action-heavy series with such detailed art very rarely have satisfactory adaptations, because that'd be beyond the resources of most TV anime.

test

I believe that manga that make for good adaptation need to have "unique" artsy or sketchy art styles or something of the like that is not super realistic or anything. And the other is for the manga not to have a lot of action.

For example stuff like Kaiji or One Outs which have art styles that can be well replicated and maintain that level of quality due to the small amount of fluid animation required. Not that they have good or bad adaptations, just that they are very apt for it.

> manga that make for good adaptation need to have "unique" artsy or sketchy art styles or something of the like that is not super realistic or anything. And the other is for the manga not to have a lot of action.
I don't think there's any simple criteria like that, honestly. It depends on a lot of stuff - how much of the manga's appeal is visual, how much of that can translate easily to anime, how much movement there is, who the director is, etc.

People on Sup Forums have said that the author won't ever allow an anime adaption after what they did to is other work Planetes.

Also
>2016
>wanting yet another adaption of an incomplete series

I actually prefer the Planetes anime to the manga

Yeah you're right but that's my point, I believe "sketchy", "shitty", call it whatever you like art styles and with low amount of action are easier to translated because given the small amount of action a lot of the budget can go into art direction to nail the artist's style and the atmosphere of the manga instead of wasting that budget in some key action scenes and then having to suffer through QUALITY all over.

Obviously this alone wouldn't mean an adaptation would be perfect, after all, being faithful and whatnot is also important, it's just that I personally put animation and art direction at the top when it comes to anime, if anime has shit animation and art I see no point since there's already a manga I can enjoy.

I didn't know that Planetes was written by the same guy who wrote VS. I feel so retarded for not knowing that 4 years ago.

Not everything needs an adaptation

Same reason why this doesn't have an adaptation.

No, user. Nothing NEEDS an adaption. Unless maybe the source material has a good premise but fucks up entirely with the execution I suppose.

Except that's garbage and wouldn't be particularly hard to animate, either.