Just finished Your Lie in April and I have to say, why does Sup Forums not like it?

Just finished Your Lie in April and I have to say, why does Sup Forums not like it?
I would understand if there were constant threads that praised it as the greatest thing ever but that never happens. It is still a very good anime that is worth the watch.
Or is it because it's on netflix?

Sup Forums has no feels

Watched the first 3 episodes and found every character insufferable.

I liked it but holy shit, fuck this cunt.

No idea, I loved every single second of this show I truly did and I think its probably the best show to be ever created

Probably the Nisekoi levels of pacing mixed with the obvious fact that Chitogeclone was going to die by episode 2 or 3.

I thought they were all gigantic cunts.

This was a great show that aired like a few years back. You probably would have enjoyed the discussion threads back then, though it was probably half filled with shitposting like any popular seasonal anime

Here is what I personally thought of it OP, maybe some people didnt actually understand what it was about... I see them comparing it to clannad and nisekoi which in itself is a tremendous insult both ironically on thier knowledge and the show itself I do hope they are trolling non the less

I didn't watch it with Sup Forums or anything and I went into it knowing absolutely nothing about it. I can provide some objective thoughts about it.

For one thing, it's often hailed as a better and/or more heartwrenching anime than Toradora which in itself is both infuriating and just plain wrong.

But as an anime itself:
>way too much forced drama
>way too much dialogue
>fucking 14 year olds talking like expert philosophers
>awful pacing
>too much monologing during the piano pieces
>there is no way a 14 year old girl can pretend to act so normal all the fucking time in front of a boy she is in love with

Of course, all of the above are its main flaws but overall I think the series was a 6/10. The finale was pretty good, and it the competition with the red haired dude and the black haired chick was pretty heartwarming.

Yeah I felt the same way. It wasn't nearly as good as some people hyped it up to be

I wonder how awkward things are between Kousei and his football friend are after Kaori admitted she only pretended to like him to get close to Kousei? Either way she is in hell now where she belongs.

Thanks for all that deep insight. Now fuck off.

Yea I just noticed that, searched up some other discussions about it and most people jerk it off like it is the greatest thing ever.

I found the anime to be well done, it does have its flaws (Tsubaki being a dumbcunt who can't express her feelings, Arima being a little bitch most the time) but it wasn't anything too bad.
The ending was meh though, after Arima finished playing I thought it was over, but nope we just get 11 minutes of Arima being jerked off by a dead girl. I felt the whole "I looked up to you as a kid" thing was kind of a shity idea but that is just me. Then again I just finished it maybe 30 mins ago.

Anticipating the inevitable bittersweet end left me feeling empty as the cans and bottles of beer that I needed to get me through. I liked it nonetheless.

>todoke todoke todoke todoke
It's shit. Character development should mostly be show not tell. I want to learn about the characters through their expressions, not their rants. Also, forced drama. Mc loses his reason to play piano when mum dies. Main girl tries to get him to play piano; she dies anyways. Romance bait, no one even wins. The most memorable thing in the anime was the mc's worn out shoes which did nothing to add to his character

Alright well "forced drama" means the show tries to make you care about a situation without building it up enough. When the kid's mom confessed her reason for being such a bitch to her kid, I didn't feel a thing and was honestly waiting for it to get to the blonde girl again.

As for the pacing issue, in this show specifically I mean that it was too slow and too boring too often, especially at the beginning. It wasn't fun enough to maintain that slow pace and I kept thinking to myself "when are they going to get to the competition/blonde girl resolution already?"

Yeah I hear you it felt like my mind was going crazy that day had to go out and buy a pack of captain blacks just to get through

>too slow

I thought it was too fast in some instances, felt there were certain moments that deserved more time

General consensus is that it has been done before, and better by another anime, ergo it's shit.
Also, I believe some user raised a very valid point in that the technical/musical aspects of the show tried too hard to be deep but were ultimately shallow. It was in a fairly recent thread but I can't be bothered to dig through the archive.

No one in Sup Forums cared about this shit when it aired

>fun
>it's a drama

Quit posting this shit every fucking day you reddit fuck.

And yet only certain parts of the show were too slow. The competition parts and the hospital and romance parts weren't too slow to enjoy, as examples.

>implying dramas can't be fun
>implying fun doesn't connote interesting
Not that guy, by the way.

this is a sad fucking series. shit, I've never cried so fucking much my nigga on bloods. why shawty gotta die huh? why this shit gotta be so realistic? can't them niggas just lived happily ever after and get married or some shit. got damn my heart is in pieces just remembering this show.

The shit was dragged for to long. 12 episodes were more than enought to tell the whole story.

>story and setup is too slow
>give me action
This genre isn't for you. Move on, lad.

They didn't even get a legit performance together that would have blown away the crowd.vleast Kaori isn't suffering anymore.

This desu. I dropped it as soon as the blonde girl and kids played a song perfectly in the first episode. As someone who's played piano and violin it was annoying and unrealistic. I much prefer nodame contabile.

Nice try, retard, but I enjoyed Toradora, Hibike and Honey & Clover more than this series.

Would you, Sup Forums?

>okay, but can we fuck first?

Too much of a coward.

One out of three isn't bad these days for neo-Sup Forums.

She didn't deserve to die a virgin.

not related to the show you are missing the point, so many trolls

First of all, they act way to old for their age.
Second, they just ignored all the abuses from Kyouma's mother. He just understood her feeling while playing a piano without anyone telling him, and just forgave her right there. Pretty stupid development for a child abuse.

Japs are just terrible at drama.

Well, if it counts for anything, he did snap on her and tell her to die.

I dropped it because I got spoiled the blonde slut dies.

>Went to college on scholarship with current wife
> Massive party freshman year I go to and a mutual friend introduces us
>She's fucking gorgeous a 10/10 but really sad
>Mutual friend tells me that she just broke up with 4 yr.boyf, bouts of depression, anxiety
>Introduce myself but starstruck and want to see her feel better
>2 years of being there for her and me dating other people just cause, I'm working on a gallery commission and I tell her how I feel.
>She felt the same way for the last two years but had no clue and thought I was too good for her.

Yeah the age is different but even fourteen year olds are able to mask their emotions for larger things.

the second worst pacing I have ever seen anime/tv/movie, and not artsy enough to get away with it. Also generally boring and repetitive with him being a cuck, cliche cancer girl, and the other useless one (maybe 2, I sort of remember a forgettable male friend). At least the story crawled along to a predictable conclusion unlike the bad endings of some series.
>shit like this gets 2cour and shows that deserve better get no se2

Nice blog.

>>I would understand if there were constant threads that praised it as the greatest thing ever but that never happens.
go to any other anime site. that is exactly what they say about this show

It's ok but predictable as all fuck and the main characters never really get any development.

It will only ever be ok 6/10

Easy songs are easy fagot

heard the main girl dies

who wants to watch such forced drama?

>too mature
I think you underestimate 14 year olds, especially ones that have been through very rough situations

he didn't even fuck her?

what an asshole

>He hasn't seen LOTGH

I like parts of it, but the show is extremely repetitive and consistently obnoxious and overbearing in it's presentation and the characters are all pretty boring and one note. The show certainly has it's positive features, but the negative stuff pulls the show down enough that I can't really recommend it to anyone simply because of how tedious it is.

Only people who can't into playing music enjoy this anime confirmed.

But I do play

Pacing was off throughout the show and was predictable. It was driven by melodrama.

The fucking monologues were so annoying. If I'm meant to notice these emotions, let me hear it in the music. Don't tell me someone's playing better than the other, let me hear it. This is how Hibike did the music so much better, it would shut up and let me listen to the music.

Because everything after the episode 13 was unnecessary and literally, and sorry for the expression, forced drama. Kaori only role in the story was to make Arima to confront his problems, which he did and get to a closure in episode 13, everything else was just Naruto tier filler, pointless and cheap drama, it would have been a lot better to simply leave the "lie" for an OVA, the whole build up got ruined by making it so long when everyone knew she was going to die.

Playing some chords on guitar doesn't count user. 5 year old kids can't improv and synchronize perfectly spontaneously.

if she was going to die why not just confess? she apologized for everything in the letter anyways. one of the worst shows I've seen.

Personally I hate it because it hits all the wrong beats. MC fucks up, has a revelation, looks like he's going to get better only to fuck up again on a grander stage. Listening to him saying tasukete a billion times over was like nails on a chalkboard. I really wanted to care and I really wanted to feel but holy shit it grated on me.

It should have been just one cour, the whole "shit happen, man up" was already established, what was the need to add Kaori into the mix? Why not make a truck run over Tsubaki? Why not make a group of hobos kill Wasabi? Why not make the sensei get a japanese cold? Kaori dying was the most pointless thing in the series.

It really was. She died because of an operation she didn't need that she knew wouldn't do any good. What kind of magic operation can unfuck ALS anyway? I know they wanted it to be sad but really it was stupid. I've seen more meaningful and impactful deaths in 80's slasher flicks.

she was expected to die, really, but the operation could have prolonged her life.

personally I would have wanted to fuck her raw in all four of her holes before she went away.

and my god, that episode where she collapsed and almost wasn't able to walk... the loss of footjobs.

Dropped this after one episode. Boring characters and stupid premise

Childhood friend running out the clock wasn't something I like for sure.

Kinda wish there was at least a little more to theie relationship.

There are anons on this board that compare ShitKuso with Clannad.

because Nodame Cantabile will always be better than pretentious Middle School twats who talk like East Asian matrons

I know she had feelings for him but I don't remember her getting with him. I just kind of assumed everyone ended up miserable and alone.

The ending is shit and ruined the series as a whole. How the confession was done was truly the most stupid, selfish thing I have ever seen.

Shigatsu > Clannad