Hey Sup Forums is college even worth it nowadays...

Hey Sup Forums is college even worth it nowadays? Seems like there's all these stories about college graduates tied down by ridiculous amount of loans after they get out. What would you say to say a typical 18yr old who wants to make good money but doesn't want to go into absurd amounts of debt?

Colleges have a shitload of resources and being a student is a great time learn how to build anything you want out of yourself and your environment. If you wanna fuck around on Sup Forums and barely pass classes for a few years, your degree is marginally worth half of what you're going to pay for it. If you want to make your environment a product of yourself, go to college and work your ass off as much as possible until you're in a position where you can do amazing adventures.

Figure out what you want to do, determine what the required skills are, then find out how to acquire those skills.

A degree is worthless without skills, but skills can land you gainful employment.

If you're not retarded, and are driven, I would suggest Joining the Navy or Airforce. Depending on how you score on your ASVAB you can get great training in various fields. Not to mention the GI bill if college is still your prerogative. Im currently working on getting into Nuclear Propulsion in the Navy.

It helps if you get a degree that has a realistic function. STEM and trades are good. Basically don't do gender studies and you should be more or less fine.

You're fucked better chances in a revolution to get debt free housing than making it in this economy.

If you are retarded*

Do not do what this kike suggests unless you like being less than a nigger slave.

If you didnt have a plan set up already by parents you are already going to be a bitch.

Nigger, the only weasley little bitches crying about college debt are liberal idiots who went to some shitstain indoctrination camp, paid 30k a semester, and ended up with a completely useless degree. We also know these same dipshits can't possibly be bothered to work aside from pouring coffee. If you're 18, start at a community college your first two years, work part-time during the semester then work full-time in the summer (general labor, framing houses, basic entry level shit) to pay for your upcoming semester. After 2 years, transfer to a 4 year uni. Voila, you now have a degree from a university and no crippling debt. It amazes me how teens today don't even bother to get a fucking driver's license. Don't blame other people for your failures when you're taking literally 0 initiative in your own life and expect things to be laid out on a silver platter for you. Go fuck yourself, the rest of us are busy working and don't give a shit about your tantrums and whining.

How about you stop being a lazy faggot and find the rate of returns for a college degree vs. current interest rates.

This. You pay for your college through work, gain invaluable life experience, and travel around the world. And if your bitch, you can choose a nom combat role (which is like 5/6 of the military). Someone has to do all the important yet not footy tooty bits. And if you want to go to a traditional college, you can do it during service or after via GI Bill.

t. poor and upset their hard work hasnt paid off in this shit economy

A lot of the student loan whiners are exaggerating. I pay under $100 a month on my ~$50k debt and I make around $65k a year. I guess for some people it's just the principle of the thing, having a debt bothers them. I don't really care though, the payment is hardly noticed.

Huh? I make near mid-6 figures and I'm 3 years out of school I'm not upset at all. I literally just broke down how I finished my Bachelor's and got out debt free. Now I'm in finance (not gender studies or some stupid useless shit), I've been promoted 4 times in 2 1/2 years and I'd say I'm doing okay for myself. Have fun ruining your Vantage 4.0 by going to some shithole like berkeley and declaring bankruptcy at 22 because you have no marketable skills. You young faggots blame everything but yourselves like it's "the system's fault." No nigger you're just lazy and were never taught financial responsibility. Blame your dumbass parents.

>Work hard
>Take AP classes
>Get weighted GPA of 4.2
>College pays me 5k a year to go there

If you're not getting as good of scholarships, just don't go to as expensive of a school. No excuse for getting yourself into thousand dollars of debt.

Just go to a good trade school.

Yes if it's STEM. The debt kinda sucks, but I can pay off mine in about a year if I hunker down in an entry level job.

Ignore the propaganda.

If you are white, you won't get into college. They are only for niggers and Muslims