The Wire:

The Wire:

Yes, in fact it is one of the greatest shows ever despite being obviously liberal and whiny at points

Or

Jew/Nigger/Hollywood/HBO/Degenerate?

My opinion: Yes it’s easily in the Top 5 if not Top 3 TV shows ever. Yes it’s preachy and whiny and pedantic. But it’s so good it doesn’t matter. The reason it’s brilliant is that the stories are universal. The race of the characters is just another variable. People call it Dickensian but I see it as more like Shakespeare. Universal human wants and needs and weaknesses. With great psychological insight of the characters.

Anons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hor_gOBU_GU
youtube.com/watch?v=vx0xulrOsgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=y0mxz2-AQ64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump niggas

>yuuurrrp

Agreed, the writing is very sharp. It is rated highly but not without good reason.
Also

A realistic depiction of niggers being niggers

Everything I learned about life is from TV shows - the thread

>Omar comin' yo!
It's top 5 for me too

i like season 2 because it involves working class whites that aren't cops.

Sopranos was and always will be better than The Wire.

I mean it's ok. Television is terrible in general. I think the best TV I have seen is True Detective and that would be only a good movie.

i watched a few of season 1 and it was ok.
also watched a few of the west wing season 1 and dear god I can not understand why anyone likes that show

This. Especially on 2nd viewing. So much depth in Sopranos. So many little things you never notice. Didn't get that with second or third watching of the wire. Also wire tried to take itself too seriously but still had loads of stupid plots.

Tried to watch it. Couldn't understand a word.

Never watched the wire the first time around but I kept hearing how great it was and so spooled it up a couple years ago. Couldn't get through the first ep it was so dated and boring. I guess it didn't age well but I'm not interested enough to find out.

Breaking bad is implicitly hwite

stop watching fiction
check out the investigation discovery channel, or as I like to call it, "how long until we find out the bad guy is black"

I made it through 2 seasons and completely lost interest.

Six Feet Under best show of all time imo

fuck off Gavin.

universally undisputed top 5 best TV shows of all time:

1. Game of Thrones
2. Rick & Morty
3. Breaking Bad
4. The Walking Dead
5. Batman

>rick and morty

holy fucking shit please kill yourself immediately

Been watching The Sopranos for the first time, love it. It's like stepping back in time - Tony is openly racist and it's fucking hilarious.

One powerful scene that no doubt resonates within the black community is the one where Bodie and Poot kill Wallace:

youtube.com/watch?v=hor_gOBU_GU

Wallace was murdered over a suspicion of treason which turns out to be false. I liked Wallace because he tried to make a difference; he orphaned negro children and tried to give them a better life by sending them to school. He squatted with them in an abandoned house and fed and clothed them with the money he made from drug dealing.

Surprised this show isn't a favorite of pol's. Pic related.

potato-tier b8 m8

insanely overrated by liberals who live in a perpetual fantasy world and find a brief glimpse into reality to be more exciting than it actually is, with the added bonus of getting to feel like experts on "the ghetto" without ever having to go anywhere near it

my name is joe kenda
i live in colorado springs
I have watched my city go from 99 percent white to 68 percent white
and its because none of you want to solve crimes and want to watch gabba ghoul your whole life

no sopranos+walking dead+rick and morty= awful list

youre probably 15

'Mulignan' confirmed for funniest nig slur

I AM A MAN OF MANY MYSTERIES!

I found a powerful scene here

>GoT

wew

psych. redpilled as fuck

Gandolfini's performance is a thing that will never happen again. Breaking Bad, The Wire, MadMen etc corporate nigger-tier trash

Fun fact, many of the characters, like snoop, were literally playing themselves. And the accents of a lot of the cops out them as true Baltimore natives. It was one of the most authentic crime shows of all time.

1. Aqua Teen Hunger Force
2. Xavier: Renegade Angel
3. The Sopranos
I have corrected this

The wire is amazing they literally name the Jew having the lawyer for all the drug lords being Jews, crooked nigger governer clay Davis, nigger mayor getting his dick sucked in office etc. the only part I don’t like is they give the nig nogs too much credit and make random corner nogs seem much more intelligent than 99% of them typically are. The icing on the cake is that the niggers aren’t even the top dog in the drug game and that the white man is at the top of the food chain. Other anons said sopranos is better and I agree but both are so far beyond the bullshit we have on tv today it’s not even fair. Not to mention a lot of the plots and characters from the wire are based on real people and some of the real people even make cameos in the show.

It's what reddit crowd watches to feel good and think they get the struggle

Does anyone else think that the wire isn't liberal at all?

If David Simon said anything mildly racist, many of the black actors and viewers would be turned off by it. So he has to say "I love Obama" and "Black Lives Matter" so his audience doesn't turn on him.

Amazing show, that scene where Deangelo is going off on String in the prison still gives me goosebumps.

>WHERE THE FUCK IS WALLACE?

>one of the greatest shows ever
Absolutely. Brutal, brilliiant, humanizes both sides of the drug war.
youtube.com/watch?v=vx0xulrOsgQ

I hate most gay niggers but Omar is a fucking badass.

Does anyone else think that the wire isn't liberal at all? It's all about how liberal garbage like the media, Democrat politicians, and the education system ruin a city. Also, the main hero in the political side is Carcetti, a young white centrist male who is only a Democrat because Republicans get none of the vote. The most corrupt politician is a black man (Clay Davis) who rambles about muh black community while picking their pockets.

If David Simon said anything mildly racist, many of the black actors and viewers would be turned off by it. So he has to say "I love Obama" and "Black Lives Matter" so his audience doesn't turn on him.

Not seeing 2003 Battlestar Gallactica in there

>eternal faggot detected

>Does anyone else think that the wire isn't liberal at all?
I think it's pretty balanced, honestly. It's more about gritty straight-up reality than preaching one side of view.

Accidentally doubleposted

Watching it for the first time and I'm halfway through s2. Gandolfini is great but the sub plots seem sort of scattered and difficult to follow. Does it get better or any different? Best/worst seasons?

You're deluded as fuck it portrays blacks as marginalized by society not their own stupidity

1. Eight Is Enough
2. Life Goes on
3. Get Smart
4. Cop Rock
5. Touched By An Angel

Shit was real, yo.

Dbz

What makes The Wire great is that as a whole the show is fucking amazing. Take a single episode here or there and you'll have no idea what's going on and it'll be boring as shit.

Middle seasons 3-5 are best, last season is a bit wonky but overall the series is good. The scattergun plots are sort of omnipresent but you get used to it, enjoy it for the well written character focused drama that it is.

season 2 is by far the worst. I'd honestly skip it.

The Wire is redpilled. Watched the whole series a few months ago. It clearly depicts just how degenerate the negroid really is, and points it out in a way that shows just how incompetent they are when they think they can run a city or participate in the drug trade.
They clearly point out how corrupt democrats are when they followed carcetti and the other mayor, and the senator that took large bribes but hardly ever gave anything worth the bribe back

I felt this way the first time I watched it. Couldn't care less about the dockworker storyline...
Came back and re-watched it years later and found it to be amazing.

WHEN YA WALK THROUGH THE GARDEN

I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an amazing metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.

Didn't he actually talk to the police though? So they were right it was treason? Or am I misremembering?
Good scene though.

The true answer is to not watch TV, the internet is all you need

Call your cable/phone provider and cancel that shit, get yourself a smartphone or any other variant and make that the only way to contact you, now you don't have to deal with telemarketers and will be able to take a call anytime

>I don't read books
>The Wire is great
That's the sequence.

Lost and Prison Break were big hits in Russia, but The Wire is entirely an internet thing and rather plebeian from the look of it.

goes off the rails bigly later on, likely once certain factions realized that the show had virtually no diversity whatsoever and therefore must be destroyed

I don't actually recall, but I don't think so. I remember Wallace was seen with the cop (forgot name) walking out of the precinct, where he was spotted by some negros (forgot who), who then interpreted that as being treason. I think Wallace was eating at the time, or was offered a lift by the cop. I don't recall the scene too well.

Omar is the only faggot character on tv/movie that I didn't hate

same, just wish they had figured out a way to intertwine season 2 more of the "Average Joe is barely making it anymore" into season 3-5

heres the vid youtube.com/watch?v=y0mxz2-AQ64

maybe that is the point. everyone has forgotten them...

The first three season were bretty gud and extremely racist by current leftists standards for acknowledging blacks play a role in their own degeneracy.
But

russians take flesh-eating drugs by choice. am i supposed to believe you "people" have some hyper-refined taste?

>My opinion: Yes it’s easily in the Top 5 if not Top 3 TV shows ever.

Tried watching two episodes because everyone says how good it is.
Every other word is a cussword.
Filth, drugs, violence, niggers everywhere.

I do not care how good/smart/enlightening the story is, I found the content matter absolutely degenerate.

Season Three is great. Dark. Violent. Right after 9/11. They should have stopped after 4. After that they were phoning it in. Some good moments but overall rambling and disjointed.

and that fucking last scene. Marone! Don’t even get me started.

i finished rewatching the entire show for the 5th time recently, and it's true... i learn and see new stuff everytime. best show ever

Deadwood is the white man's The Wire. Rome is also a much better show. Basically, if it came from (((Hollywood))) but didn't have John Milius attached, I am not interested. Milius is /ourjew/.

No remember he was going to testify and and the chief sent him to his grandmas. Then he hitchhiked back to Bmore and was showing off his Tims in the pit. I just can’t remember how Bodie found out he was going to rat.

Agreedagool

Sopranos is a fucking soap opera that doesn't even depict mafia life accurately, let alone have anything worthwhile to say.

I feel like im in the twilight zone watching a bunch of bitches talk about their toenail polish

FUCK YOU FOR TEARING DOWN THE PORT OF BALTIMORE AND SELLING IT TO SOME YUPPIE ASSHOLE FROM WASHINGTON

And later in the series, before Bodie was killed he said he felt like one of the pawns and that the game was rigged.

Deadwood is awesome, but not equal to the Wire in my estimation. I also love Rome, but it fell off a bit toward the end. It was HBO's most expensive show ever at the time, so I wasn't surprised they stopped after two seasons.

Maurice Levy was my favorite character. He's such a stereotypical jew lawyer.

Each season starts with a certain level of crime, starting with the bottom and moving to the top. The first season was the streets, the last season was the politicians (I think.) It gets deeper and more advanced.

what about the duck metaphor? that was pretty deep. also the puerto rican raping dr milfy was pottery.

him and that sketchy senator were great

I love that scene, too, but that "masterful deep symbolism" was pretty blatant. Similar scene was when Wallace is helping one of the orphans with math homework. The kid can't get it, until Wallace translates the problem into a drug deal 'count'. He then asks the kid why he can get it right in that situation, and the kid replies that if you mess up the count, you get beat/killed.

I have to admit though it was nice to see Hauk just say fuck it and stop being a big nice guy, dumb oaf and get into the Game. Under Levy’s tutelage of course lol.

I loved it when Stringer was getting fucked around by Davis with all the construction shit and he goes back to talk to Avon and says “Those niggas out there. They the real fuckin gangstas.”
Lmao. So true. All these hood gangsters are just nonentities LARPing. Clay Davis and all the political filth like him are the real hardcore niggers.

Game of Thrones, Stranger Things, Westworld, Mr Robot, and a few other shows I can't remember right now all collectively shit on older shows like The Wire, The Sopranos, Lost, 24, etc.

TV has never been as amazing as it is right now and you're insane to think otherwise

Fuck you and your nostalgia glasses

I couldn't get through more than 20 minutes of Mr. Robot. What a stupid fucking show.

Those are good shows, but the Wire is superior. It's not nostalgia for me, because I didn't even watch the series for the first time until last year.

>Game of Thrones
>Westworld
>Mr Robot
absolute shit taste

Stranger Things is good but nowhere near The Wire or The Sopranos, certainly better than Lost and possibly 24 though

BSG was fucking cool as hell
Loved Starbuck

Game of Thrones is made for literal retards. One of the worst-written shows I've ever seen.

Rescue Me is a very underrated show.

CMON CMON

not watching Deadwood

When you think about it, its pretty fucked up how Obama's favorite character Omar got killed in a Tamir Rice kind of situation.

This.

I know this is bait but its true for so many people...