When did it all go downhill? 2010?

When did it all go downhill? 2010?

Everything after Madoka has been shit.

After Madoka. All their newfound money went right to their heads, so they thought fans would watch anything as long as it had strange architecture and headtilts (ie Nisekoi).

this

Fuck you Nisekoi was fun

Everything but Madoka has been great.

Madoka
If they continued with SZS, we'd be in the best timeline right now

Madoka was shit.

Hopefully they make a comeback in Fall.

Yeah, this. What a goddamn shame, they used to be my favorite studio, my safe bet.
I'm hoping they'll bounce back again soon.

Everything after Sasami-san has been shit.

I can tell you exactly when

You mean, meanwhile at aniplex

Whichever year they sold out to aniplex

Shaft is and has always been going, your taste just become shit because you want to be like Sup Forums

>not liking monogatari
You have shit taste

Is English your second language?

Yes do you have a problem officer

What have they even done lately, nitseoi and monagori shit? Any way shaft is just a name, all their talent got bought out

Good*
Became*

There you go

It's already confirmed Shaft doesn't get much money from Bake because of Aniplex

2010. SHAFT has been fairly inactive for the past 6 years compared to what they were from 06-10.

But they've remained quite profitable on the heels of Madoka and Monogatari. It makes sense that when profit is the final line, and their franchises continue to be profitable, they'd stick with them instead of the ambitious experiments they tried prior to that.

I wouldn't say Shaft is in decline, though. Just quiet. When Monogatari and Madoka decline in sales they'll expand beyond that again.

>Light novel and manga commercials
>Ambitious

SZS season 4

No, please stop doing gazillion seasons

>Madoka
>Based on a manga
Know what you are talking about before embarrassing yourself.

>Madoka
>Based on a manga
Take your own advice.

The first episodes of the anime started airing in January 2011 and the manga adaptation started in February of the same year. They couldn't adopt a manga that hasn't been released yet, could they?

Your post implied that Madoka was based on a manga.

jesus christ

You misunderstood.
My post pointed on the implication of that Madoka is based on a manga.

I didn't think people could be this retarded.

But implied that SHAFT's works before they went into Madoka and Monogatari were Light novel and Manga commercials, not that Madoka was.

>He doesn't know that the ending the only thing that isn't animated

Yeah, this is what I meant. Even though Monogatari is based on an LN, SHAFT is very committed to animating the entire franchise. And Madoka is by far their biggest original project.

I don't want to say SHAFT is a meme studio, but it's definitely very niche. To say it went down hill makes it seem like it was producing nothing but gold beforehand. They have a recognizable style, but it's mot exactly avant garde or anything. Their 40th anniversary celebration isn't called Madogatari for nothing.

Their golden age was when Team Shinbo was still a thing.

English as the second language > English as the only language

>SHAFT
>Rich

'No.'

DELET THIS

How do you define "rich", "mid-level", and "poor"?

Yes we know Kyoani is richer because they eliminated the producer middleman (and maybe money-laundering, what with the Yakuza all over the anime industry), but how is Shaft doing relative to "dying" studios like Madhouse, Trigger, and Bones?

When Shinbo was given more than 20 yen to animate things.

If they weren't Aniplex's favorite whore they'd have been shut down years ago.

Trigger is dying?

>sells like shit without Aniplex
>but with Aniplex they don't see the profits

What a struggle. Too bad they can't go independent like KinoAni

Aniplex ruined shaft.

It's easy when you have a cozy relationship with lantis.

You people really have no clue how these shows are produced or these studios are run. You just create your own storylines to support your pre-existing biases based on poorly translated, out of context quotes and act like you're industry insiders. It's kind of pathetic really.

Does shaft not have a cozy relationship with Aniplex? They've been their slaves for such a long time

They'll have to free their slaves first.

Vampire Bund. Shaft gained money finally, to try stop being poorfag QUALITY studio and Shinbo finally tried to direct and invest in project of passion that should have established Shaft as major studio - and failed, miserably.

Thankfully there still was Monogatari to milk and they lucked up with Aniplex Madoka.

>Rich
Sunrise

>Selfstanding
KyoAni, JC Staff

>Pour that budget deep inside me, like your whore!
A-1, Ufotable

>Sucking dick for noodles
Bones, Madhouse

>poor
Asread, ARMS Corporation

I wonder who manages to be more entertaining. The /m/-spergs who try to out-tard each another about which Gundam show is the ultraflop that will kill Sunrise and all of Japan, or the studiowarriors on Sup Forums who spew falsehoods and create daily stalker threads, or the console-warriors of Sup Forums (who probably also come to Sup Forums to participate in the pointless studiowars, falling for the memes all along).

What gets more annoying is when Sup Forums comes to butt in and is tricked by those threads and then perpetuate that nonsense for real.

No, the "skeptics" that believe themselves to be above all others because of the inflated value of their ignorance, that they hold for virtue and think everyone is just as dumb as them, but only them found divine enlightement of grooming their ignorance and being proud of it.

When they: pic related.

Shaft will be reborn beginning with Fate/Extra

>Fate
No.

They will be reborn with Sangatsu.

Sangatsu fags hate thats its being don by SHAFT though. It same situation as with Nisekoi, where only anime only fags like it.

Both will be shit

Only thing to look forward to is Zaregoto. Adapting more nisio is right in their comfort zone

shaft is ruined now.. they will do the way side like Gainax.. just being there.. but never producing anything worth while

>Only thing to look forward to is Zaregoto
Not until a director is revealed.

Please no. Okitegami Kyoko got live action and it was best Nishio adaptation so far. Monogatari`s are shit as adaptations, and Zaregoto would be plain slaugthered by shaft. I`d rather Live Action.

Not gonna happen. The problem of Gainax is that they dont have any job offers and have to beg for them. SHAFT now is Aniplex bitch. SHAFT doesnt even have to make anime tasked to it - it just outsources everything to others.

can't, dead seiyuu

>implying Kizu is bad.

Bake was a good adaptation and Kizu has been good so far, although it takes a very different direction from the source material. The stuff in between has been competent at best.

>tomatoes
>not worthwhile
err, I agree

>Bake was a good adaptation
Stopped reading. Retarded anime only fags.

It cut some material that didn't fit, big deal.
>Muh Kanbaru mountain trail talk

I'm pretty sure "it was a good adaptation" implies that he's not an animeonlyfag

Not saying they aren't.

Meanwhile kyoanus productions would be silent movies if they weren't Lantis' bitch.

Music labels are everywhere in the anime industry, everyone relies on them for seiyuus and soundtracks.

>Kyoani money-laundering

Shaftshitters sure are desperate.

>not shaftslaves

>in one year they sell TWO monogataris
>in one year Kyoani sells Phantom shit
>Kyoani makes double the money
so what the heck is this Bakemoney meme about?

>2012

PS: Does that balance sheet reflect Phantom Sales' losses? (The Japanese fiscal/tax year ends at the same time as the winter anime season.)

Ai Nonaka can do Harumi.

2012 what?

Did they actually lose anything on Phanton World?

Doubt it, their revenue is up from the year before

Doubt they did. KyoAni doesn't tend to give 2nd chances even to episode directors and if PW flopped hard enough Ishihara wouldn't be head directing Hibike S2. I doubt it made bank for them though.

So you mean people who aren't dead-set on hating things from the start are able to enjoy those things? Incredible observation user.

>KyoAni doesn't tend to give 2nd chances even to episode directors and if PW flopped hard enough Ishihara wouldn't be head directing Hibike S2.
what do you mean?

Gainax went bankrupted because their collab projects with Shaft were all flopped right?

Kigami is a KyoAni old timer that had his debut with Munto. It flopped and he didn't direct a single episode since then. Yamakan had directed Haruhi a motherfucking gigantic media machine and after the abysmal TV ratings of Lucky Star first episodes he was put off directing until he later quit. If PW flopped hard enough you bet your ass that Ishihara wouldn't be directing their 3rd best independent franchise.

Gainax started going downhill as soon as Eva was finished

>In 1995, Gainax produced perhaps their best known series, the commercially successful and critically lauded Neon Genesis Evangelion. In the wake of Evangelion's success, however, Gainax was audited by the National Tax Agency at the urging of the Tokyo Regional Taxation Bureau on suspicion of committing tax evasion on the massive profits accruing from various Evangelion properties. It was later revealed that Gainax had concealed 1.56 billion yen worth of income (thereby failing to pay 560 million yen due in corporate taxes) which it had earned between the release of Evangelion and July 1997 by paying closely related companies various large fees, ostensibly to pay for animation expenses, but then immediately withdraw 90% of the sums from the other company's accounts as cash and store it in safe deposit boxes (leaving 10% as a reward for the other company's assistance).

>Gainax president Takeshi Sawamura and tax accountant Yoshikatsu Iwasaki were arrested on July 13, 1999 and later jailed for accounting fraud.

Kigami still works as an episode director/animator, and he's pretty highly respected by the studio. Plus Munto got like 2 rereleases. He probably just doesn't want to direct his own series again.
Ishihara is one of their "main directors" so I don't think he would fuck off.

That was just a coverup the real reason Yamakan got removed was because he tried to sekuhara Yamada

I wish I could get sekuhara'd by Yamakan

Oh wow. That's pretty scummy. Got the citation on that? Not that I don't believe you I would like to read more about it.

Reminder that Horiguchi left because Yamada tried to sekuhara her

What fake as shit and basing it's opinions around whatever leads to the most shitposting including flip flopping from one extreme to the other as necessary

Google "gainax tax evasion" and you should find a bunch of old articles on the news.

Aniplex ruined anime period

Didn't we have virtually this exact same thread several times already over the weekend? They might have started off Kyoani themed but it all ends up the same shit with the same crazy statements

Ishihara is actually a part owner. He ain't going anywhere. For some reason Takemoto is one too.

>Yamakan had directed Haruhi a motherfucking gigantic media machine and after the abysmal TV ratings of Lucky Star first episodes he was put off directing until he later quit.
I think Yamakan being fired probably had more to do with him being a flagrant jackass.

Kigami is part of the board of directors.
And Ishidate is a member now too.

Or Akiko Yajima
How much of the manga has been adapted?

Literally everything but the last volume or so.