Lefties BTFO yet again by Scientists ahaha

>Dr. Joseph Berger, President of the Ontario District of American Psychiatric Association and a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, states that from “a scientific perspective,” being “transgendered” is a psychological issue – “emotional unhappiness” – and “cosmetic surgery” is not the “proper treatment.”

>“From a scientific perspective, let me clarify what ‘transgendered’ actually means. I am speaking now about the scientific perspective – and not any political lobbying position that may be proposed by any group, medical or non-medical.”
>“‘Transgendered’ are people who claim that they really are or wish to be people of the sex opposite to which they were born, or to which their chromosomal configuration attests,” he stated. “Sometimes, some of these people have claimed that they are ‘a woman trapped in a man’s body’ or alternatively ‘a man trapped in a woman’s body.’”

>“Scientifically, there is no such thing,” he said. “The medical treatment of delusions, psychosis or emotional happiness is not by surgery,” continued the doctor.
When will you faggots on the left ever learn how stupid you sound to normal people?

Other urls found in this thread:

apa.org/topics/lgbt/transgender.aspx
thenewatlantis.com/docLib/20160819_TNA50SexualityandGender.pdf
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885
psychiatry.org/patients-families/gender-dysphoria/what-is-gender-dysphoria
psychiatry.org/patients-families/what-is-mental-illness
medscape.com/viewarticle/827713
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexuality
dreampositive.info/a-cigar-is-never-just-a-cigar-freuds-impact-on-psychology/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Even from a philosophic standpoint it doesn't make sense. How can you be born in the wrong body? You are your body and you didn't get a choice in the matter.

You didn't even choose to be born at all. I guess this is why they're pushing this "male and female brain" bs.

Bump.

>but we electroshock the crazies; that’s not surgery
This is not a science. He says medical or not medical. Medicine is a science. He is not. Some other smart professor guy on youtube said these people are legit. For every issue the salt right brings up somebody is making you Peterson trannies look retarded. Nobody like feminine penis except you

This guy fucked up. He's gonna be attacked and vilified by every mentally disabled faggot lobby there is, and all his peers are gonna start disavowing him. Especially when he's from Ontario of all places.

You guys think its all memes and jokes but I'm telling you that these people are fucking insane, literally. Back in the 80s the gays firebombed clinics because they weren't coming up with an AIDS vaccine fast enough. I was there when it happened, San Francisco looked like Iraq in some places.

Stop basing your opinions off the one scientist who disagrees with the entirety of the field

All authoritative bodies I'm aware of disagree with Berger including the APA

Something tells me you'll no longer accept the authority of the organisation now that you know this

>Dr.
>President of Ontario APA
>member of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
>Canada
Lol no, mentally insane people don't get surgery to fix their conditions.

>stop basing your opinion off the one scientist
First off, he's not the only one and he's more accredited than most with decades in the field. Second, you'd believe any kind of bullshit this guy threw at the wall if he said he was liberal and you know it you fucking hypocrite.

>invented lobotomies
>this is not surgery
Anything with psyche in it is not a science. All males start as girls. That’s all i care about. He’s busy transforming into a beautiful woman cocoon like everybody else. Im not. Even muslims support trannies

Finally the scientific community is standing up against this nonsense.

>the earth is a pear
>LISTEN TO USSSS

>psychiatric medicine isn't science
Wew lad.

Yeah it’s not. Have you broken a leg? All sorts of tests we can interpret with our eyes and with machines. Not with ink stain industry. Oops he said no man has ever passed the van allen belts to land on the moon. Lock him up

Daily reminder that the father of gender psychology was a pedophile that turned a boy into a girl just so he could take pictures of her and her little brother

All the pyschological research about fluid gender is based on his wildly flawed case study.

FAGGOT.

Why did God say the serpent had a seed when He spoke to him? And that the woman did too? Why bring up female seeds if all they did was eat knowledge apples? You incest pisstapes epstein pedo putin centipedo fart bottler

>First off, he's not the only one and he's more accredited than most with decades in the field
I didn't doubt his expertise

>Second, you'd believe any kind of bullshit this guy threw at the wall if he said he was liberal and you know it you fucking hypocrite
If he called himself a liberal but contradicted the literature and modern psychological thought on transgenders then no I wouldn't believe him

It is a mental illness.

You cannot change chromosomes.

You can't even get the opposite gender's genitals properly because they are fakes, mutilated from previous genitals or formed from an arm or leg skin.

Blown the actual fuck out.

Thought normal gays hated the idea of trans as much as any healthy minded adult. Or do you happen to be a parade prancing, multi dildo stuffing fag?

>doctor's opinion
>must be true
>BTFO

Yet literally anytime some quack-job psychiatrist says something that fits your narratives you faggots and dykes are all over it calling it "hard science that can't be refuted." Go fuck yourself with your double standards and hypocrisy you imbecile.

Muslims support trannies in the same way the West supports furries.We think their shit faced weirdos but don't get particularly riled about them in the same way we do other kinds of faggots.

wtf we should stop studying the psychology of gender now burn all the books

>All the pyschological research about fluid gender is based on his wildly flawed case study.
>t. Someone well versed in gender psychology with an extremely informed take
There's about a 1/100 chance you know anything about psychology and pretty much no chance you know anything about gender psychology. Don't talk about it as if you're some expert.

These organizations including the Royal Society are being taken over by SJWs with very political, not scientific agendas, which has a profound implication on the future of research in the Western World.

The "literature and modern psychological thought" on this subject is 100% politically motivated. It had nothing to do with any research or science that gender disphoria was moved off of its proper place on the list of mental illnesses.

As we're already seeing, this entire line of thought has led to massive amounts of child abuse, self-mutilation, and suicide.

Your side is in the wrong on this and history will remember you as laughable, sniveling retards who murdered people because you were too afraid to tell the truth.

What material do you have to refute the PRESIDENT of one of the biggest branches of the American Psychiatric Association with over 40 years of study in the field? We'll wait for you to scrape up some just-graduated dyke with a buzz-cut calling herself a "scientist" you fucking nobody. The shit's not set in stone but scientists are overwhelmingly going with Berger's interpretation more and more which is actually a return to normalcy and GOOD for people without mental illnesses. 30 years ago you faggots would be in an asylum locked away from the general public and for good reason.

Do you know why they support transitioning and why they removed transgenderism from the DSM?

see
>What material do you have to refute the PRESIDENT of one of the biggest branches of the American Psychiatric Association with over 40 years of study in the field?
The APA itself

The experiment had children being forced to take tests including clenching each other's genitalia. One of the subjects has reported it was severely traumatising for him and they both committed suicide. Gender psychology is nothing but pseudo psychology

>Even from a philosophic standpoint it doesn't make sense.
These people don't have god. Plain and simple. Deluded or not, if they had a god, the simple concept of being exactly where you are meant to be would prevail. If these people had any god, they would understand this.

You are seeing a whole generation without a god. This is how they lash out. I only recently found my way back to an understanding of a higher power, and this is a real issue for these people.

It could be the water, it could be a competition to see who can be the most degenerate.

you fucking nigger post the source
SOURCE IN EVERY OP NEWFAGGOTS STOP POSTING

He's the President of the very source you're citing, there's literally no higher authority than Berger IN the APA dumbass. How fucking stupid are you exactly?

He's 100% right. There's zero medical basis for the notion that sex for humans isn't completely determined by chromosomes at birth. The differentiation between sex and gender is competely fictitious, subjective, and based on self-image rather than concrete metrics.

An interesting question is, if we managed to find a chemical imbalance in the brain or devise a therapy treatment that effectively nullifies what people started calling genet dysphoria, would this voluntarily-administered solution be considered unethical? What about involuntarily, by parents for minors? Should transgenderism then cease to be socially tolerated, and categorized as an illness?

FRIGG OFF

I know that you know a single experiment run by a single scientist discredits the preceding almost 50 years of study in the area

>He's the President of the very source you're citing
President of the Ontario chapter*
Even if he were president how would that change anything? Its not the APA's official position and its not the view held by most psychiatrists and psychologists in the field or that reflected by the literature.

Reminder: "Dysphoria" is just a medical-sounding word for dissatisfaction or unhappiness - the opposite of "Euphoria".

If you're dissatisfied about literally any facet of your life, then congratulations, you too are "dysphoric"! You may be trans-rich or trans-tall or trans-big benised and not even know it!

He's clearly a retarded kiwi leftist.

With the access to information that we have there is no way that a sane, honest person would follow the politically motivated tranny agenda. It's clear as day that the subject has moved away from science for the benefit of cultural marxism.

Fuck that traitor (((kiwi)))

>Even muslims support trannies

To Muslims, we are all subhuman. So yeah, you're right. Muslims don't give a fuck if you're a tranny, or a fag, or you like getting shit tanked and fucking random women. They want us all dead.

You've yet to post the opinions of any actual psychiatrists or psychologists you fucking kike. Name the people you keep claiming refute Dr. Berger. You can't because just like every other liberal dumbass, you're not even educated on the topic being discussed. Cite your psychiatrists and their specific opinions or get the fuck off Sup Forums you half-a-retard.

thenewatlantis.com/docLib/20160819_TNA50SexualityandGender.pdf

>“cosmetic surgery” is not the “proper treatment.”
it seems to make them kill themselves more, so i'd say it is:

“The overall mortality for sex-reassigned persons was higher during follow-up (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 1.8–4.3) than for controls of the same birth sex, particularly death from suicide (aHR 19.1; 95% CI 5.8–62.9). Sex-reassigned persons also had an increased risk for suicide attempts (aHR 4.9; 95% CI 2.9–8.5) and psychiatric inpatient care (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 2.0–3.9).”

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885

>know anything about psychology
>know anything about gender psychology
> gender psychology

i was going to roast you then i saw your flag.
Good job bruce

>Anything with psyche in it is not a science.

>You've yet to post the opinions of any actual psychiatrists or psychologists you fucking kike
From the APA:

>"A psychological state is considered a mental disorder only if it causes significant distress or disability. Many transgender people do not experience their gender as distressing or disabling, which implies that identifying as transgender does not constitute a mental disorder"

From American Psychiatric Association (Of which Berger is a member):
>"Treatment options for gender dysphoria include counseling, cross-sex hormones, puberty suppression and gender reassignment surgery. Some adults may have a strong desire to be of a different gender and to be treated as a different gender without seeking medical treatment or altering their body. They may only want support to feel comfortable in their gender identity. Others may want more extensive treatment including hormone treatment and gender reassignment surgery leading to a transition to the opposite sex. Some may choose hormone treatment or surgery alone."
psychiatry.org/patients-families/gender-dysphoria/what-is-gender-dysphoria

The problem isn't crazy people, so i would not advise for them to kill themselves. They are the victims here and need honest help.

The people who deserve a bullet and nothing less are those politically motivated hacks and marxists that will tell ill people to cut their genitals for their political benefit. Fuck them all. They are evil.

based leaf scientist

when a first patient is treated will be the real win

Are there people actually defending trannies with bullshit make believe science?

You cannot be born in the wrong body and you are the sex youre born as.

You just need to fuckin deal with it, snowflakes. Youre fucking wrong, and paid, cherry picked pseudo science wont help you. Stay mad. :)

>than for controls of the same birth sex
>"All 324 sex-reassigned persons (191 male-to-females, 133 female-to-males) in Sweden, 1973–2003. Random population controls (10∶1) were matched by birth year and birth sex or reassigned (final) sex, respectively"
This is just comparing the general population to transitioned persons

I don't understand why we need science for everything, but I see science as a tool and not some kind of religion. In that context it's perfectly find to reject entire fields of science especially if you find it unappealing for some reason, like it being filled with kikes.

You would kill yourself if you just replaced a pussy with a dick made out of arm skin.

>"A psychological state is considered a mental disorder only if it causes significant distress or disability. Many transgender people do not experience their gender as distressing or disabling, which implies that identifying as transgender does not constitute a mental disorder"
oh right. so psychologists dont consider sociopathy a mental disorder. Good to know.
Fucking kek. There being 2 genders isnt scientific.My fucking sides.
Also how could surgery TREAT gender dysphoria? Even after surgery you dont magically become a woman. You become a bloke dressed as a woman that cut his cock off. Thats like saying the treatment for psycopathy is to kill pople you fucking tard with your tard sources. Well, you;ve at least convinced me that psychology isnt a real science anyway.

*fine

psychology itself is a pseudo-science

>This is just comparing the general population to transitioned persons
who else would you compare them to than the general population?

>Many transgender people do not experience their gender as distressing or disabling
Right. And THESE people don't feel that mutilating their bodies will "make everything alright". These are functioning adults.

The problem is the people who can't face reality and think that the solution to their problems is to then force their outer appearance to conform to what society sees as "male" or "female". Without this perception by others, they feel incomplete or "wrong". That, my friend, is a mental illness. One shouldn't need others to perceive them as they are not. One shouldn't be so preoccupied with their feelings of gender. Having gender in your mind as anything but an afterthought leads to obsession. It's unhealthy. We should be treating these people with love (as opposed to lobotomies and "professionally"-sanctioned mutilation).

friendly reminder that there remains currently NO metastudy of transgenderism that confirms the existence of transgender
ALL metastudies have concluded to the nonexistence

This shit is so fucked.

Totally sane thing to do

also fucking doctor Frankensteins that perform these mutilations should be disbarred

>Totally sane thing to do

Certainly THIS will make everything okay. Yeah. Now that I have some leg flesh crudely formed into a penis-shaped skin bag attached to my pelvis, I can finally take a deep breath and relax; I feel like myself. Aaaaah. And as an added bonus, other people will see me as the gender I feel that I am.

Yep. It's smooth sailing from here.

>oh right. so psychologists dont consider sociopathy a mental disorder. Good to know.
They give a somewhat abridged definition:
>"Mental illnesses are health conditions involving changes in thinking, emotion or behavior (or a combination of these). Mental illnesses are associated with distress and/or problems functioning in social, work or family activities."
Sociopathy would fall under the second criteria
psychiatry.org/patients-families/what-is-mental-illness

>There being 2 genders isnt scientific.My fucking sides
I'd definitely urge you to read up on this stuff. I know it can sound ridiculous but it really isn't that far fetched a concept. The idea of there being 64 genders (or any other given number) isn't supported to my knowledge but the idea of gender as a spectrum is.

>Even after surgery you dont magically become a woman
The idea is to help trans people feel comfortable in their bodies. Probably a similar experience to general insecurity with oneself.

Whether or not they 'become' a woman is a matter of definitions. I think most trans people would argue that they essentially fit all the typical criteria you would use for judging if someone was a woman. You can say you judge gender by chromosomes or reproductive organs but you don't ever apply that standard in your everyday life.

>Well, you;ve at least convinced me that psychology isnt a real science anyway.
>FUCK SCHOOL

>Whether or not they 'become' a woman is a matter of definitions.
This is where you are very, very wrong. There are things, scientific things that are obscenely objective (not subjective) and this is one of them. You look like a moron trying to muddy the waters with your horse shit. They will NEVER be a woman. A FtM will NEVER be a man. Ever. They've just mutilated their genitals and live in a bubble where people enable their mental illness. That's all there is to it.

>they essentially fit all the typical criteria you would use for judging if someone was a woman

except for every single cell in their body is coded with the DNA of their true gender

>They will NEVER be a woman. A FtM will NEVER be a man. Ever. They've just mutilated their genitals and live in a bubble where people enable their mental illness.
Can CRISPR change someone's chromosomes from male to female or vice versa?

Yes goym encourage trans to do surgery. They tend to suicide afterwards when they realize what they have done. That's a good goym.

>>invented lobotomies

Whereas you faggots invented dilation. Because the """vagina""" you invented by lopping off the dick isn't one the body wants to heal the gaping wound. However the sick fucks shove a dildo to dilate the open wound on the regular. Also traps are gay.

Even having never met you, and through your text alone, your mental illness is staggeringly evident.

Get help.

Holy shit, no duh
Think about it like this:
Yu have a transgender population of 1 million with a suicide attempt rate of 40%
You attempt to normalize trangenders, and the population triples to 3 million while the suicide attempt rate decreases to 20% (good luck)
You just increased the number of people who will attempt suicide from 400,000 to 600,000. A 50% increase in fucked up depressed suicidal people.

That's not only not worth it, it's directly worth fighting AGAINST. If you are about people you will do everything to fight the normalization of trangenderism, to prevent future youth from being afflicted by it.

>who else would you compare them to than the general population?
Rates of mental illnesses before and after transitioning
medscape.com/viewarticle/827713

>Without this perception by others, they feel incomplete or "wrong". That, my friend, is a mental illness
Well yes because they would have gender dysphoria. What has been increasingly found however is that not all people who identify with their birth gender actually feel incomplete or wrong in their body, these people are trans without being dysphoric.

idk why people on Sup Forums always make these sweeping claims as if they've reviewed the entire field thoroughly and kept up to date with the research.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexuality

>There are things, scientific things that are obscenely objective (not subjective) and this is one of them
Its clearly objective that they can't change their chromosomes or genitalia but whats argued is that these facts ignore how people actually perceive gender in their everyday lives. 99% of the time you meet someone you decide what their gender is well before you see their genitalia or examine their cells. No matter what you say you and pretty much everyone else have a far lower bar for what constitutes a woman or man in your eyes than penis/vagina. Trans people are essentially just asking that you extend this same standard to them, if they look like a woman call them a woman.

>berger

wtf is this traitor saying, shut it down

Transgendersim: The belief that when one's mind doesn't match one's body, it's the BODY that needs changing.

>Rates of mental illnesses before and after transitioning
why would you do that? once they are "cured" wouldn't they be considered "normal" and therefore part of the general population?

i mean that seems a bit transphobic

The only problem with your little idea is that 99.9999% of them don't even pass as your imaginary definition of a woman and are basically no more than cross-dressers, so no, they can go fuck themselves because I'm calling a man a man whether he tucks his dick back or cuts his balls off. I'm not playing into these mentally ill idiots little game and no one else should either. Rather they just off themselves, seriously because these same sick fucks are going after kids and fucking up their brains too by telling 6 year old's it's "normal" when it sure as fuck isn't. Fuck you and every enabling moron who thinks like you.

I read this in Red's voice and it killed.

To test the efficacy of the cure

>The only problem with your little idea is that 99.9999% of them don't even pass as your imaginary definition of a woman
At most they look like a masculine woman or androgynous. It's pretty rare that you'd come across a trans person thats put in an effort and is unmistakably male. Try find a picture of an MtF who could not be mistaken for a woman.

Are we appropriating early cartoon aesthetics? Not complaining, because that's a nice idea.

>To test the efficacy of the cure
well it's clearly not effective if the goal is saving people's lives. but i bet there are plenty of jew plastic surgeons that would disagree.

Traps aren't gay though

>Dr. Joseph Berger
>Dr. Berger
>Dr. Burger
Is her /ourguy/?

homosexuality is a mental disease
gender confusion is a mental disease

>1940
>"I'm depressed!"
>"We'll fix that with surgery!"
>Lobotomy
>30 years later
>"Holy shit can you believe we did that to people at one point?"

>2010
>"I'm a woman in a man's bottom!"
>"We'll fix that with surgery!"
>Chop chop

CRISPR can't target every cell in the body. It also can't do edits of that size. Even if it did completely change all the Y chromosomes to X, it wouldn't erase the literal lifetime of development as the original gender.

Sure sounds American as fuck to me.

People don't pretend Freud's theories are legitimate science despite his seniority and prior acclaim, yet we're supposed to pretend Money mutilating two children is A-okay

I will tighten the rope around your neck myself, you turbo queer

>This is not science
>medicine is science
>he is not science
wtf ?

3 4 2 5 1

5 4 3 2 1

Black chick is the only one with even passable tits.

2 4 3 5 N 1

N?

How do you figure? Plenty of follow up studies, such as the one I linked, found otherwise

That's an aussie

This is the flag of a kiwi

the nigress, ain't bad lookin t b h f a m

Now they don’t even have to warn their partners that they are HIV+. What a time to be alive.

>People don't pretend Freud's theories are legitimate science despite his seniority and prior acclaim, yet we're supposed to pretend Money mutilating two children is A-okay
Mainly because its hard to justify much of Freud with what we currently know about psychology (or at the very least its unverified).

You don't have to accept the claims of Money alone because many after him and pretty much all to this day agree with much on what he had to say about gender.

Adding to that some of Freuds work is still accepted psychology

dreampositive.info/a-cigar-is-never-just-a-cigar-freuds-impact-on-psychology/