Dragonball Super Manga chapter 14 is out

blog.yuncomics.com/archives/1729043

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.yuncomics.com/archives/1729043
mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=19720
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/16889/animated-dragon_ball_series-dragon_ball_z-effects-
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/17336/animated-artist_unknown-dragon_ball_series-dragon_
ruf1ohn1tram.tumblr.com/tagged/Trunks-x-Mai
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Except

> Piccolo vs Frost
> Vegeta v Magetta
> Goku v Hit

were all better in the anime

This.

I prefer both Piccolo vs Frost and Vegeta vs Magetta in the manga. Piccolo vs Frost in the anime was just odd - with everyone saying that Piccolo was weaker than Frost while Piccolo blocked Frost's attacks with a single hand and his antenna beams were enough to neutralize Frost's attacks.

Vegeta vs Mageta - I was just annoyed by the anime's attempt to add drama to a joke battle where Vegeta was heavily holding back. I guess if you enjoy the drama it's fine, but one can't help but think that he could have finished that in a second by using SSJB in the anime.

Goku vs Hit in the anime was better though.

>blog.yuncomics.com/archives/1729043
That's not the complete chapter, is it? No ending message at the end and the pages seem to be skipped if you follow the numbers.

...are...we just getting the first 3 pages storytimed?

Is that bra? Wtf is The fat lady saying?

That's loli Bulma, she's saying if she had died as a child Vegeta wouldn't marry her and thus Trunks wouldn't exist

Piccolo v Frost (manga) treated Piccolo like fodder.

At least the anime made it seem like he had a chance until Frost cheated.

Why does she feel the need to explain that?

Probably as a lazy way to introduce the audience to alternate realities since this is the gist of this arc

>blog.yuncomics.com/archives/1729043
nope it's not skipped any page, just missing few at the end.

T-TORIYAMA!!!!

>T-TOYBLE!!

Fix'd that for you

As always the Manga is better than the Anime. Fucking Toei why can't you do anything right?

He should be "fodder" if they're facing someone who could face current base Goku though, even if he was tired. He still managed to make the battle drag on and give him problems.

The anime was just nonsense, with the characters saying that he was weak, but then Piccolo somehow doing better than Frost, but in spite of that still refused to attack him directly and charging the Makankosappo like an idiot even though he should be able to win without it.

See:

Piccolo just does raw Makankossapos once he got strong enough to not need to charge it. He does a full open palmed one against Nappa in the manga.

> The anime was just nonsense, with the characters saying that he was weak, but then Piccolo somehow doing better than Frost

That only means they underestimated Piccolo.

The anime version of that fight treated Piccolo better, and actually felt like a fight. The manga version was quick and boring.

>Piccolo having trouble with a Zarbon-level enemy
>Not a joke

Lol

Did they mean in strength or in rank?

>That only means they underestimated Piccolo.
If they were underestimating Piccolo, why didn't he just drop the charging bit and kick the crap out of Frost? The whole battle flow doesn't make sense, since the way Piccolo stops Frosts' attacks only works if he's stronger than Frost, but Piccolo's strategy seems to be made around the idea that he's weaker than Frost

And if he's stronger than Frost how the hell did he get to almost god level out of nowhere?

Vegeta Vs Magetta was just him flying all over the place with bad animation

Picollo Vs Frost ok i'll give you that

Gokus Vs Hit same as the first, lame animation except for those 10 seconds. And the asspull was terrible.

No they weren't, everything has been better in the manga by a lot, especially Hit vs. Goku, since there was no asinine "HEH, I NEVER TRIED TO GET STRONGER BEFORE SO I GUESS I WILL. OKAY I'M STRONGER NOW GG EZ"

The line didn't reference strength directly, and Shisami wasn't even supposed to be part of Freeza's army at that point in Toriyama's script. Blame the stupid director who cut Shisami's story from the script and jammed him into Tagoma's introduction senselessly.

The tournament fights in general were mostly poor and not well thought out. Hit's fight made little sense, and in the anime there were even some crazy direction/continuity errors like during Goku's huge Kamehameha.

>Toriyama's a good boy he dindu nuffin

I don't care who's to blame, the result is the result.

> Piccolo having trouble with a Zarbon-level enemy

Sorbet mentioned to Freeza, right after his initial revival, that Tagoma and Shisami rivaled Zarbon and Dodoria "at their peaks" (whatever that means...maybe that they used to be much stronger than they were in Namek?)

THEN Freeza and his men trained, so Shisami got a lot stronger since Sorbet made that comment.

Please...as if post-RoSaT training (Cell Saga), post Buu Saga Piccolo would have trouble with Zarbon/Dodoria

They underestimated him, but not to the point where Piccolo would be completely outclassed by Frost.

In the manga, Piccolo was completely outclassed. The anime gave him some spotlight which I can appreciate.

>THEN Freeza and his men trained, so Shisami got a lot stronger since Sorbet made that comment.
What so Shisami was also a freezer bullshit "lol 4 months because I never trained in my life" enemy?

The manga art actually looks pretty competent and it feels like Toriyama didn't lose his old-school aesthetic sense; why are people watching the anime and endlessly bitching about how it looks instead of reading the manga?

Vegeta v Magetta felt like an actual fight in the anime

The manga just made it into a quick gag.

It's not even drawn by tori. Also the manga is just a TL;DR version and is way behind the anime anyway

Goku v Hit was much better

> felt more tense
> no bs ritual-less SSG
> had SSB Kaioken
> explained why Goku wouldn't combine Kaioken + SS this whole time

In the manga, it was more or less just another regular battle

Who's drawing it then? It looks pretty good.

Nevermind I'm a lazy shit mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=19720

>only draws Dragonball stuff

welp

No.

Shisami started off from an unspecified point (Zarbon/Dodoria "at their peak") to training with Freeza and his men...which in the anime made Tagoma much stronger.

Regardless, Piccolo was stronger anyway...Piccolo told Gohan "he had him".

>Vegeta v Magetta felt like an actual fight in the anime
I don't think it's a positive though. They drag on a battle where Vegeta was heavily holding back for two episodes in spite of it clearly being a big joke considering its ending?

It's not drawn by Toriyama,it's drawn by Toyotarō but Toriyama says he's the best person to imitate his art.

Toyble is drawing it. Author of a Dragon Ball AF doujin. He's using Toriyama's notes, just like Toei is.

Would you prefer to read a book or the sparknotes version of it?

The manga was introduced as basically an ad for the anime, and to hype it.

That does not look like bad animation

I think Super is a visual downgrade from the 80s/90s stuff but for totally different reasons than what people claim. The lines look like they're drawn with... whatever program they're using's equivalent of the Flash line tool which makes everything look stiff and removes any variety in line thickness; the colors are also really garish and feel like a misunderstanding of the old anime's aesthetic which was actually a great example of the 80s "everyone in Japan loves Moebius" look.

I remember when I was 13 and DBZ was my go-to example of "bad cheap looking anime" but in retrospect the art direction was pretty fucking ace compared to every recent popular shonen anime I can think of that isn't Mob Psycho:

sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/16889/animated-dragon_ball_series-dragon_ball_z-effects-

sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/17336/animated-artist_unknown-dragon_ball_series-dragon_

>Kid Trunks' teacher follows up with a lesson on "parallel worlds". It's kinda morbid... To explain the theory, she says a boy (A-kun) wants to take rice bean cakes back to his younger mother, but she chokes on them and dies in the "parallel world". So now there would be a timeline where his mother doesn't exist and the boy isn't born. However the original mother and child remain fine. That lesson was from a college textbook that she had on accident though...they were supposed to be doing math. So, everyone, what's 10-3=?

doesn't he have a great teacher?

We all know it's actually Garland...wherever they are...

That's true. I love Hero Academia and especially the art in the manga but fuck. The lighting, the color direction, a lot of it is REALLY bad sometimes. Like during action scenes everything gets kinda muted and muddy looking for some reason. Or the early scene where Bakugou tells the MC to kill himself and it's a happy bright sunny day with lighthearted music.

I want to plow that teacher.

I like that Jaco and Tights are there. I want Future Trunks to meet his aunt.

It would be nice if shit is translated (or at least kept in original moonrunes) than in dog-eating runes

At least I can read somewhat read moonrunes

you go user

I think Toyotaro fucked up most of the battles in the tournament except Gokuvs Botamo, Goku vs Frost and Vegeta vs Cabbe

Holy shit why is Mai so badass

Those were the only fights that were better in the manga.

The rest were better in the anime

the last few sentences says all.

This picture shows the reason I actually like kid Trunks a lot more than adult Trunks.

Mai and Shu have always had habilities and usually did all of Pilaf's dirty work.

What happens is that their comic relief powers prevented them to be badass.

I just found out that this is only first half of the chapter, the next will come later probably. they didn't get the whole thing yet looks like.

It's probably gonna end with Black showing his face

Guys, what if the next F. Trunks flashback is him proposing to Mai, before the blackening started?

I also think so.
>Black: Today is the day when you ll stop breathing
>end

It's not supposed to be out until the 21st of July apparently. Looks like someone was hastily sneaking out pages at work.

Just wondering now how well Toyotaro can write the romance.

>Today
>Next Month
Eh same thing

I can see that happening.

not today but I expect very soon, in a few days.

him blasting Mai and revealing himself will be the chapter end.

And the one in the episode after that has Mai tell him she's pregnant. But it's obvious she lost it due to Black's reign of terror.

Sauce please?

ruf1ohn1tram.tumblr.com/tagged/Trunks-x-Mai

by TFS

>implying her saiyan fetus didn't protect her

Thanks, man.

Kinda refreshing to see some Tumblrfags that are not complaining over this ship.

It couldn't help it. It's just perfect for reactions.

>We don't see it in the manga version, but future Bluma still died in the process of charging the time machine. She and Trunks were going to activate a solar generator, but I don't know if the time machine is electric or if that was to produce whatever the fuel is. Regardless, the time machine is charged enough for a one way trip, just like the anime.

>The manga has Jaco specifically remind everyone that time travel splits the timeline to create a "parallel world". He brings it up because he heard from Tights that Bluma was doing "dangerous" research and wanted to remind her time travel is a crime. Bluma says most of her research now is beauty based. The "other stuff" is for the future, which they won't need if peace continues.

>Kid Trunks' teacher follows up with a lesson on "parallel worlds". It's kinda morbid... To explain the theory, she says a boy (A-kun) wants to take rice bean cakes back to his younger mother, but she chokes on them and dies in the "parallel world". So now there would be a timeline where his mother doesn't exist and the boy isn't born. However the original mother and child remain fine. That lesson was from a college textbook that she had on accident though...they were supposed to be doing math. So, everyone, what's 10-3=?

>Bluma asks Whis about when he reversed time with Freeza, wondering if there's a "parallel world" where the tyrant still lives. Whis says that's not changing the past, but simply "redoing". After using it, the "time base" switches out so it can't be used again for a while. (Don't ask what that is. No idea.)

I can only hope. F Trunks needs at least one thing to go right for him in that shitshow that is his life.

>not even a scene of Bulma getting BLACKED in the manga version
Why do people defend this piece of garbage Toyble fanfiction again?

Even Toriyama himself confirmed that he told Toyble to make up his own shit to make it different from his original script. This makes Toyble's adaptation a literal fanfiction.

>Even Toriyama himself confirmed that he told Toyble to make up his own shit to make it different from his original script.
The implication of Toriyama suggesting that Toyotaro should add more original material in the interview is that he was actually sticking too close to the outline - which likely explains why some scenes are very detailed and others are very rushed.

Either way, everything still passes by Toriyama, page by page, before final art and publication.

He stopped being faithful 10 chapters ago when Toriyama told him to do his own shit.
It's why everything in the manga is inferior to the anime so far.

The scene with Mai afterwards was way better.

>The scene with Mai afterwards was way better.
But it's pretty much identical to the anime, the Mai scene I mean. So what the fuck are you on about?

>He stopped being faithful 10 chapters ago when Toriyama told him to do his own shit.

Nah. There are still many scenes with shared dialogue between the anime and manga, and the manga so far hasn't added stuff that just dig holes in Toriyama's outline unlike the anime (like Gohan and Piccolo's training or introducing a big power up for Goku only to have to make it unusable right afterwards).

The actual execution of the scene.

>Like during action scenes everything gets kinda muted and muddy looking for some reason.
Epilepsy prevention, should be removed in the BDs

The consoling hug

It's a pretty popular pairing right now, so even some fujoshits/tumblrfags like it.

>holding back
>bad

well it IS a tournament meaning that going all out in every single fight would be retarded

not really, that's as ambiguous as it gets

This. Only Pan and Gotenfags are being assblasted about it.

Man i wasn't ready for this. Future Trunks had a hard life.

Isn't the manga a bit closer to Toriyama's overall vision?

Korean Maifu

DELET THIS

Still better than American.

Shoulder pads for days

no

SOON.

If Trunks or Vegeta don't beat Black, i swear i'm gonna write so many angry post on the internet.