Dandruff/Dry scalp

Considering Sup Forums deals with daily stresses, how do you deal with things like dandruff and or dry scalp? Plagued me for years and no cure.

This shit works pretty well

apple cider vinegar and baking soda

uv light. wet your air so scalp shows, massage in olive oil. (must be olive oil) shine uv light on it for 7 hours a day. dandruff will be gone after 18 months.

Reminds me of the T-virus kek

Sounds like cancer

I get eyebrow dandruff. If fucking sucks duck balls because I am bald like a fucking circus freak. And I wear huge goggles. Fuck. Fuck.

Goddamn. Really? 7 hours for 18 months? Sounds like a full time job making cancer..

Taoist soap is pretty good for it, it's helped my flaky scalp a lot, pretty expensive though.

it sounds bad but it gets easy after the first few months. the hard part is moving the light around your head and parting the hairs to get even coverage. it's great for your triceps though.

This.
Baking soda and apple cidar vinegar are the best way to prevent and cure dandruff. It balances the ph levels of your scalp and is anti fungal.

Fuck. I thought my nutt tasted weird.

This. Smells like dog shampoo though or something. But it worked.

Take a shower at least once a day you disgusting NEET fuck. Not that hard.

Coconut oil. Instant cure. Almost overnight. I also used it on my athletes foot. Gone within a day.

Women try and touch my hair at least once a day. They always ask what I put in it. I tell them I use the blood of virgins. They laugh and then get kinda turned on.

But seriously. Coconut oil. And shampoo with theraneem

Also it'll be gone in a week at MOST. Usually in a few days its gone totally and relief is instant because baking soda scrubs away the dead skin.

Haven't tried this
Have tried this. Neither one or the other or both would work. Thanks though.
I get that too a little. I do get a small amount around my mustache hairs as well.

>I have noticed that a couple of rinses with 91% alcohol brought it near manageable. DONT GET IN EYES.

Tried that. Tried also not taking a shower for 3 weeks. Meh.

>Have tried this. Neither one or the other or both would work. Thanks though.
Make sure you make a paste. people try to say you can put a little bit in a glass of water this is not true. Follow up with vinegar immediately.

stop washing your hair with shampoo. you don't need it unless you work in a coal mine.

massage then brush your head daily then wash with water. use your natural oils as conditioner, rub your fingertips onto your scalp to remove flakes then pat try with a towel.

use a good conditioner once every 1-2 weeks.

no shampoo.

Can confirm this works

Use one of these to wash your hair. Scrub scrub scrub (Not too hard)

use anti-dandruff shampoo and let it sit in your hair for 5 minutes before rinsing

Are you even going to ask how it works or believe anything you read off of Sup Forums?

I don't get dandruff

have you tried head n shoulders?

Doctor here. Coal tar shampoo is your best option. As another user said it smells like dog shampoo but it works a charm.

Use a selenium shampoo, sparingly. Put some on at the start of the week. Lather vigorously, and if needed use a soft bristle brush (like a scrubbing brush, not hair brush). Natural fibers, such as horse, are fine. Don't go with boar, its too stiff.

Once you've rinsed your hair, DONT put any conditioner in it. Use a small amount of Argan oil, and work it through ALL your hair. Not just the parts that are itchy/flakey.

After that, use a dry shampoo for a few days. They're basically just baking soda, but do a good job at removing excess grease and dirt, while leaving natural lubrication in place.

After about a week, repeat as needed. Once your dandruff is gone, switch to a gentle, moistening shampoo. Doesn't have to be salon grade or any bullshit like that. Just get one thats biodegradable.

>t.femanon

Also tried this. Didn't help. I'm asking here because I'm at a loss. I eat good. Healthy. I get adequate exercise. Just a non-stop battle that come and goes. My GF loves picking at it though. She's a freak. Makes her wet. She's a qt though so I put up with it.
Okay will try.
May also try. Why not, tried a lot of weird shit already.
How long did you do it?
Kinda figured it killed something. I've read about fungi and what not causing it. I can do my research later.

he doesn't need to know as long as it works (which it does)
mind your business, user.

Literally gives you more dandruff

Google nopoo sometime, it's all people bitching about dander

Yes, didn't really do anything.
Tried it. I think it made it worse.
I don't know if it's got selenium, but one thing that did cut it back a little was using a stiff bristle brush in shower and using that sulpher shampoo called JASON. I'll add this to my list to try out.

Nizoral all day erry day

I did some research and it looks like in the US you have a brand called Selsun Blue. Thats supposed to be pretty good.

You see the baking soda is better because sodium bicarbonate is naturally anti fungal and basic. It also offers a scrub shampoo lathers can not achieve that loosen and remove dandruff. You don't get a scrub if its diluted in a shitload of water you see.

Vinegar offers the same anti fungal fighting agents, in fact I would speculate you are creating a very hostile growing environment for fungus when you swing between the basic baking soda and the acidic vinegar. and its acidic which will help your skin retain moisture as skin like to be at a ph balance of 5.5. Most tap water is 6.5, hence why people can easily get dry rough hair and even dandruff. Shampoos have alcohol, which is acidic as well but it doesn't retain moisture and evaporates on your scalp drying it. Its why you should avoid any shampoo or conditioner with alcohol or better yet avoid them entirely.

The UV light is suppose to work because it creates a hostile environment. Basically you are going to spend more money to do the same shit baking soda and vinegar can do.

i
I had dandruff really bad that completely went away when I enlisted in Marines. Pretty sure it was because of my shaved head.

Barber here, don't wash your hair everyday. It will kill the natural oils produced by your scalp. Wash hair 3-4 times a week at most. A lot of the other things everyone posted will work to control it as well.

Oh also, acidic solutions help lay the cuticles as flat as possible. you can test this yourself on you finger nails. Baking soda will make your cuticles stand up, vinegar will smooth them out. Same with hair. When hair is dry and dull its because it doesn't have the proper ph balance it needs for the cuticles to lay flat and reflect light so hair can look healthy and shiny.

>tfw scalp psoriasis
My hair gets fucking greasy as fuck, so I have to have buzzcuts, and draincleaner level soap
Its not that bad, but it not that good; at least my scalp heals fast as fuck from any cuts/scrapes