ITT: Controversial Opinions

Outlaw Star was the best out of the three

The only reason 80's and 90's anime were better was Japan actually having money. When the recession hit the country everything went to shit.
80's and 90's anime were better. Even if the shit-to-good ratio didn't change, the few good were very damn good, compared by today's good.

I don't think so, the animation quality fluctuates a lot, especially the last few episodes, and the plot could really be tighter.

this, though I still really enjoyed it.

this desu

If I may offer two counterpoints:

Spaceship wrestling.
Magic-shooting guns.

Oh I loved it as a kid, it was pretty much everything that I liked about anime. But it still could have been better. The grappler arm stuff was cool in concept, but generally half-baked.
Man, Casters were the coolest fucking shit. You're preaching to the converted.

Everything looks too clean nowadays. I miss that grittier quality of animation you would see during the 80's or 90's. The three shows seen in OP's pic really benefited from it.

I hate the Kanada style of animation

shokugeki no soma is a medicore series that is popular because of the ecchi.

Characters are bland, Souma wins via ass pulls and the plot is meh at best.

That could be said for alot of shounen shows.

Space dandy> cowboy bepop

God save us all if this is a controversial opinion.

Stop going to WSJ threads, they aren't representative of Sup Forums as a whole.

Zeta Gundam is the weakest in the UC quadrilogy.

NGE is overrated bullshit

I think what makes Gundam shows weak, or more exactly unable to replicate the feeling of dread and danger the original show had, is the fact that the majority of them aren't about wars. The characters on both sides aren't soldiers fighting a war; they're just a group of pretentious, selfish jerks engaging in robot-powered slapfights against another group of pretentious selfish jerks over stupid shit.
I blame Zeta Gundam for that.

>controversial
I thought this was widely accepted

Evangelion is just a victim of a domino effect of sorts:
>Everyone claims how Evangelion is the ultimate masterpiece of anime
>Guy/girl watches it, either liking it or no finding it that great.
>To not lose his/her creed as an anime fan, or because he/she feels he/she's in the wrong for not liking the so-called ultimate masterpiece, they regurgitate the whole "NGE is the best anime ever"
>The cycle beings anew

Outlaw Star was only good because of Gene. Literally one of the best male MCs ever.
>non-virgin
>not autistic with women but not overly smooth either
>is goal oriented but realistically lazy
>although he isn't overly concerned with rules he is a good person deep down

I'd probably rank it Big O > Space Dandy > Bebop > Trigun > Outlaw. Outlaw only feels like it lasted for a small time. Trigun is still classic, but faded off also.

Great voice work, too.

Rahxephon is better than Evangelion.

Paradox Paradigm is the greatest animated film of all time. Not even b8ing.

Well I mean shit, there isn't a single scene in Eva that comes close to サヤナラ アヤト

Trigun is great, though its heavyhanded-ness and poor animation hold it back. Bebop is a timeless classic. Outlaw Star is boring as fuck, pure nostalgia goggles to even entertain the idea of it being a classic.

Gundam is pretty shitty in general, but I think Zeta is the only show I've ever watched that made me angry

>Outlaw Star is boring as fuck,
>Translation: I don't understand character driven story telling.

Despite the fact that it;s my personal favorite anime, I agree.

That's because old anime was meant to be viewed on crt. If you watch bebop on a crt tv, the animation looks much cleaner, almost like it just came out.

Serial Experiments Lain is trash and is only hyped up because Lain is cute and muh technology. It isn't complex to figure out nor do you need to watch the damn thing 4 times, people sprout that shit to feel special about watching that crap.

People say to watch it four times to make fun of the retards who don't get it.
It's still good, and it has nothing to do with the fact that Lain is sometimes a cute bear.

Everyone who even mentions lain is an autistic pseudo-intellectual. Just look at this shit.

I enjoyed it quite a bit, and I honestly hate the "so deep" crowd, same goes for Eva as well.